Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? (2416 Views)

Dear Romancelanders,who Would U Like To Romance On Nairaland? / Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Ka: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2005
I don't get it.

I really don't get it.

Why is it that of all the many, many important and life changing issues and topics there are to discuss and debate in this world, romance and relationships always come out on top?

I mean, look at songs - I'm sure that over 95% of songs out there are about romance/relationships. I've never heard a song about Budget 2005 (which definitely affects our well being) or about soccer (which I'm sure you will agree is very popular in Nigeria).

And it's not like there that many different things you can talk about concerning romance. There are generally only six main kinds of sub-topics:

- Boy/girl is attracted to girl/boy within a first few meetings, but girl/boy is not sure/interested/not interested.

- Boy/girl is deeply in love with girl/boy, but girl/boy is NOT interested.

- Boy/girl is deeply in love with girl/boy, and the feeling is mutual. (This is the most popular of the sub-topics.)

- Boy/girl is getting tired of the relationship with girl/boy, and the feeling is/isn't mutual.

- Boy/girl has split up with girl/boy and it was an amicable/acrimonious split.

- Boy/girl can't get over losing girl/boy.

So all you romantics and relationship aficionados come and explain why you worship at the altar of romance, because I truly, honestly, seriously...

[size=14pt]...DON'T GET IT!!![/size]
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by hotangel2(f): 12:44am On Sep 30, 2005
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do u get it now? Look deep into those smileys you'll get it.

Roamance makes you smile, laugh, giggle. It's just good. This is truely undefined-able.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Seun(m): 8:56am On Oct 01, 2005
Romance is the only game in which every man, woman, boy or girl can be a major player; the only movie in which everyone can be a star. Romance is an activity that almost all of us want to participate in. Of all the topics that we might discuss on this forum, romance is the only one in which we are not spectators. We are all capable of being active participants in romance, dating, love.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by gina34(f): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2005
Well me think is because this is computer age and the world is being ruled with romance now.
Like you knw is all about girl friend and boy friend .that shows you that the world is full of immoralities.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2005
Yeah!!! we ought to be talking about romance, "Cos life is not complete without a dog". People in the world today don't want to be lonely anymore so they have to get their self engaged to a relationship, So u see now as far relationship exists there must romance!!!!! grin cheesy
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by SirKay3(m): 10:55pm On Oct 01, 2005
I think it's now made a boyfriend and girlfriend thing, rather that what it's supposed to be for.

Surely it's very important and pleasurable, if it's between married couples, but modernisation and civilisation has turned it to another thing entirely. Love in the real sense of it is no longer love, but LUST.

Immorality is the order of the day through the so called romance. Anything outside marriage is SIN
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Scorpio(f): 12:07am On Oct 02, 2005
Romance? it's fun, relieves stress wink oh hell! it's nice to know someone thinks about you grin
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2005
Yeah i think there is sense in what Sir Kay has just said......U guy think of it............ .
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2005
cheesy grin shocked cry
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by drbigdaddyg(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2005
Romance is a necessity for every living thing. People can do without sports, education, politics, lots more but, cannot do without this ROMANCE
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by loveth(f): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2005
It is cos the world is coming to an end
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by hotangel2(f): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2005
Uh?? Romance has been alive since.. WHy say romance is because the world is comming to an end?
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2005
................ cry................
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by gina34(f): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2005
hot-angel:

Uh?? Romance has been alive since.. WHy say romance is because the world is comming to an end?
Yes but the way boys and girls are taking it is different,
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Greatpeter(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2005
When we talk of romance, other things get into our minds rather than the true meanings of the word romance.
Romance is not restricted to lovers alone.

Romance is a way of life to show ourselves some acquitancies and love.
But when we talk of it our mind goes straight to lovers, man and a lady, or husband and wife, no it's more than that.

I love romance but it doesn't mean it's restricted to your loved one only.
This perverse age we are made it so, because moral is dwindling.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by loveth(f): 2:05pm On Oct 18, 2005
smiley smiley smiley smileysmiley
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Greatpeter(m): 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2005
Is loveth angry?
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by drbigdaddyg(m): 2:23pm On Oct 19, 2005
I think she is.

Lets ask her if she doesn't practice any form of this ROMANCE.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Scorpio(f): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2005
cheesy
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 4:44pm On Oct 19, 2005
@drbigdayy don't ask her........ rolleyes before she gets mad at you. grin
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by loveth(f): 12:24pm On Oct 21, 2005
smiley
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Greatpeter(m): 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2005
Romance dey good and sweet oo.
I was born romantic tongue
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2005
Why is it that only the romance forum is the booming section on this website? There are other more interestinng forums like Education,Music,Family etc.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2005
@stabby that is what we are still talking about. What everybody is thiniing about is Romance! Romance!! Romance!!!. Don't understand it. That why romace threads keep booming.
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by loveth(f): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2005
kiss
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by goldenoc(f): 3:50pm On Dec 02, 2005
This is not the first age neither is it the second, what we are into is computer age and non of of is capable of changing it, and the only thing we can do is to accept things that we cannot change. If the truth must be told we can't change youths of nawa days from romance.

And also l think is good as we are treating many topic on romance because without that many of us will be a victim of other people's mistake even our own mistake.

bigdaddyg is that not true?
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by loveth(f): 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2005
Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by disney(f): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2005
ha ha ha ...............sure romance rule naira land. grin kiss
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by Saintjoe(m): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2006
No way Romance doesn't rule Nairaland!!!!!!!
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by otokx(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2006
i don't know
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by abbey02(f): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2006
well it all about passions.people only ask about romantic topic because they want others to learn form them,i mean what they've been through in the relationship,either good or bad.some need advice about the ralationship stuff.so you don't need to blame us about the romantic stuff.and don't be worry about it as well. u can ask any qestion about it if you have any cheesy
Re: Romance, Romance, Romance! Why? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2006
lol grin well romance is what spices up your love life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Girl Or The Guy: Who Should Call More? / Men Who Put Other Men Down To Impress Women / A Girl Shunned Me,what Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.