Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? (1033 Views)

Rating The Miss Nl Contestants Base On Physical Beauty / Guys, See Reason Why You Shouldn't Marry Because Of Physical Beauty / What Physical Appearance Turns You Off A Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Just saw this article on a website and thought I'd share it with you guys.noticed that there are tons of shallow people on this site...here goes:
In my opinion, the most attractive people are the
ones who know that their physical appearance
isn’t the most attractive thing about them. They
have a certain kind of confidence, they’re usually
more fun to hang out with, and they’re the kind
of people who are ready to love you for who you
are. Not what you are.
Body image is no light subject. There are people
who are suffering legitimate illnesses, mental
and physical, relating to how they appear. At the
bare minimum, I assume, everybody feels as
though they are sub-par at some point, in some
way. I am in no way trying to diminish the
suffering that people experience regarding their
physical appearances. I just hope that, if even
for a few minutes, you can hear me out.
I think that attraction that is not physical can end
up being physical eventually, when you really
grow to care about someone. Listen, I’m not
going to lie and say that personal grooming and
cleanliness aren’t important, they obviously are.
But at the end of the day, you need to be with
someone who wants you for who you are, and
respects how you want to present yourself. Not
someone who wants you to look like they want
you to.
How you choose to present yourself does say
something about you, we can’t pretend it
doesn’t. But one of the most powerful things it
can say is that you care enough to take care of
yourself, but you still know that it’s not the only
thing great about you.
Males of the universe: I’m going to tell you
something right now. I do not care, even a little
bit, if you are physically “perfect.” And you
shouldn’t either. You don’t need to be muscular
or have a stomach so tight you can bounce a
penny off of it. To be honest, I’m usually turned
off by those things. Maybe I’m just weird. I guess
I feel like you’re spending too much time in the
gym and not enough doing other things that
make you an interesting human. That’s just me,
though. I want you to be real; I don’t want some
carbon copy of a perfect, generic male
companion. I want you and all your quirks and
“imperfections.” What I’m concerned about is
how awesome you are, and how much we jive
while we’re hanging out. Our physical
appearances are going to fall to shit eventually,
so might as well be interested in something
beyond that, right?
It always gets me when I hear guys admit that
they’re ashamed or concerned about their
appearance. I guess it’s because I’m so used to
hearing girls lament the subject, hearing that
guys do as well is both refreshing (woah, we’re
all human? We all feel this way?!) but equally
disturbing because it’s so unfortunate that
anyone has to think like that. Yo, dudes, we’re
not looking for supermen (or women). We’re
looking for real, loving, genuine, kick-ass people
who lift us up and make us happy. If you are
interested in girls (or guys) who are made happy
by how in shape you are, it may be time to look
elsewhere.
The point is, even if you’ll never be able to be
completely satisfied with how you look, you
don’t have to be to still be a perfectly worthy and
beautiful person. Love yourself for everything
inside you, and you’ll be able to find someone
else who does as well....
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by tempem: 5:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hmm...Gonna read the epistle.
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Okies. .so I didnt get to read all of it.
Buh I do know aesthetics isnt key neither is it least important. .you dont have to me dolled up and flawless buh u should @least be approachable and presentable.

One thing is certain true love goes beyond d physical. .buh s physical mosttimes is still somewhat a prerequisite..we just can't fully explain it.you hv to bw attracted to someone first before u start nurturing emotions. .love ia indeed too complicated jare more lyk mysterious
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
Annypie:
Okies. .so I didnt get to read all of it.
Buh I do know aesthetics isnt key neither is it least important. .you dont have to me dolled up and flawless buh u should @least be approachable and presentable.

One thing is certain true love goes beyond d physical. .buh s physical mosttimes is still somewhat a prerequisite..we just can't fully explain it.you hv to bw attracted to someone first before u start nurturing emotions. .love ia indeed too complicated jare more lyk mysterious
Exactly but the thing is that people kinda have some fixed preferences when it come to other people...if you are not that and that they won't even give you the light of day...anyways good stuff...
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by maaft(m): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
now. this should make FP, why?
1. I want to make FP
2. what you connoted is the absolute truth, nowadays people are too consumed with facial beauty that they forget its deception and the truthfulness of inner beauty. I for one believe you are nothing if you have no inner beauty and finally, you are what you make of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nice one.
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
This will not stop boys from wanting us to have faces like Beyonce, backsides like Kim Kardashian and bos.oms like Cossy's.
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
nduhunk:

Exactly but the thing is that people kinda have some fixed preferences when it come to other people...if you are not that and that they won't even give you the light of day...anyways good stuff...
yeah very true..guys culd be really choosy esp wt u boobs and butt thing..gals aint excluded buh u must admit we r more flexible.
It is well ooo..u need to see some guys list, so unrealistic eh, and dey most times end up with vain and superficial gals..I still believe n love sha..let it find me bikooooo
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
Annypie:
yeah very true..guys culd be really choosy esp wt u boobs and butt thing..gals aint excluded buh u must admit we r more flexible.
It is well ooo..u need to see some guys list, so unrealistic eh, and dey most times end up with vain and superficial gals..I still believe n love sha..let it find me bikooooo
Hahahaha....I "had" a female friend that said that she doesn't like having ugly people as friends...I cut her off immediately...lol...anyways,love will find u...just believe...
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
MzNelly:
This will not stop boys from wanting us to have faces like Beyonce, backsides like Kim Kardashian and bos.oms like Cossy's.

Lol.. Thank God you said "boys"
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by PHgirl(f): 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
This is a very controversial topic. I hate to break it to you but physical attractiveness will always be an issue. The media's obsession with celebs, gaunt looking models etc. The list is endless. Oh, well.
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2014
Akdegreat:

Lol.. Thank God you said "boys"

And you are-?
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
PHgirl:
This is a very controversial topic. I hate to break it to you but physical attractiveness will always be an issue. The media's obsession with celebs, gaunt looking models etc. The list is endless. Oh, well.
I know...it will always ne an issue...am a model...agencies expect you to keep looking fit and gaunt all year round...cos why?people are obsessed with beauty...its not a stereotypical thing...if you don't have so and so,u are not good enough...anyways...
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
MzNelly:

And you are-?

Needless to say
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
Akdegreat:

Needless to say

A man? smiley
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
MzNelly:

A man? smiley
wink
Re: Placing Too Much Importance On Physical Appearance? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
Annypie:
it sure will find you dearie.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

8 Habits Of Couples In Strong Relationships / How To Be Dominant With Women? / Question Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.