Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching (24688 Views)

See What A Pastor Is Doing While Preaching (photo) / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Very annoying...but the bigots will see nothing wrong with this; the pastor is never wrong in Nigeria!

It's called brainwashing, I have been there before.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by kazyhm(m): 9:37am On Dec 28, 2014
hymn, he is d problem(s) solved ? if not, he's scape goating you. very disheartened

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by AreaFada2: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2014
It comes from people not being properly trained in the ethics and conducts of priesthood.

Since ancient times in the West, there are the so-called Three Great Professions: Clergy, Medicine & Law. All three required considerable training/apprenticeship. All were committed to serving humanity.

Medicine & Law still require extensive training, code of conduct/ethical standards, induction and a licence to practice.

Clergy is now all-comers. Anyone who can set up a shack can become a pastor.

So no surprise.

@Emusmith

You cannot compare Ben Carson's case with this.

If Ben Carson referred to an elderly patient with atrial fibrillation or angina, that can easily affect 2.5% (possibly hundreds of thousands or more) of Americans over the age of 70.

Breaching confidentiality is one very easy and silly way for a doctor to get a suspension of licence or even get struck off the Medical Council register.

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Adex097: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2014
IVORY2009:

Are you a lawyer? The last time I was in court, they work with facts and prove, and the question is can the OP prove his case beyond reasonable doubt? That his name was made measured off by his pastor? You dont just comment on thread just for commenting sake, sometimes you have to think outside the box!
Oh pulease!!! I was only being sarcastic.
Learn to think "no too far away from the box".
Thanks.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Emodeee: 9:56am On Dec 28, 2014
@op i'm interested in knwing the confidential information
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by delishpot: 9:58am On Dec 28, 2014
freshness2020:
Is not a bad thing as far his name was not mentioned! It serves as a reproof to τ̲̅ђe rest of the congregation!

To me o, its bad. If pastor wants to share it as in asking the church to pray for a bros going through so, so and so, its all well and good.
But I have heard pastors who want to preach about how devil can deal with christians who dont know God well and then they start listing cases of a sister who hasnt given birth after 20 yrs of marriage, A bros who cant find a wife even after getting shell job, a sister whose husband is cheating on her etc etc. These stories can hurt the person. These are things told the pastor in confidence o.
Many Pastors make it look like a christian going through hard times is a bad person or that God has left the person. Some pastors are just wicked sha.
Why the hell will people even take personal issues to pastors? . Some humans should not be judged based on the name they bear or the fancy clothes they wear. Do not give your secret to no one if you dont want it made public. Cos once its out, you cant control who the share it with or how they share it.
I for one follow that principle, I know that if I give out an info, it can be used against me, so I give out only those that if you use it against me one day, it wont bother me much I will only wonder what kind of a human being the peron is and congratulate myself for my ability to say less.
You want to share a problem? Talk to mom and dad, if you have none, talk to an adult that takes you as a child. They will listen to you, advice you and even pray for you everyday. Besides not everyproblem one has should be shared o. Sometimes, you need to hold your lips and look inward for encouragement.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by samuelson06(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2014
sweettease:
This is not the first time I'm hearing something like this, some people are just too ill mannered with lack of respect for confidential matters and being a pastor just doesn't change it. I hope your friend learns from this and not continue giving him undue honour just because he is a pastor.

Total rubbish. Why not keep your problem to yourself and die with it since you don't want others know about it and be free? This is just the only reason so many have died with terrible illnesses because they don't want others know about it. Change your mentality please. There's nothing wrong even if the pastor mentioned the person's name. Live your life for yourself. Don't care. There's nothing like secret in this life. What you feel you are trying to keep secret has happened to someone else before so what's the big deal. Be free.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by manot: 10:06am On Dec 28, 2014
[quote
author=sweettease post=29264464]This is not the first time I'm hearing
something like this, some people are just too ill mannered with lack of
respect for confidential matters and being a pastor just doesn't change
it. I hope your friend learns from this and not continue giving him
undue honour just because he is a pastor. [/quote]that is how most of dis so called prophets behave, they embarrass some of their members in public.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Pennywise(m): 10:07am On Dec 28, 2014
In the end you realize that a pastor is like any other mortal - no more, no less. Perhaps folks will do well to stop harassing pastors with every little problem, especially those that can be solved with just a little common sense.

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by tdayof(m): 10:20am On Dec 28, 2014
Kirinwa:

Gbagaun RELOADED!

Conscience abi Consent?
I think you should know there is something called TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR! most especially when typing with prediction

1 Like

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 28, 2014
If he did it to uplift those in the same situation then its not a bad thing. But if he did it just because he can then it was wrong.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 28, 2014
delishpot:

@delishpot..Calm down. Will you? I have no problem with you. Let bygone be bygone and let the sleeping dog lie.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Boss13: 10:21am On Dec 28, 2014
Counselling should be private and information obtained should not be divulged. It is wrong, whether pastor calls the name or not, to divulge such information. If your pastor do so, then he is not a good counsellor

2 Likes

Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by delishpot: 10:22am On Dec 28, 2014
harde2lah:

@delishpot..Calm down. Will you? I have no problem with you. Let bygone be bygone and let the sleeping dog lie.

Ok o.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 28, 2014
delishpot:

Ok o.
Good. Have a nice day!
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by delishpot: 10:29am On Dec 28, 2014
harde2lah:

Good. Have a nice day!

Modified. And you too.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by criss1980: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2014
there is God
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2014
delishpot:

Modified. And you too.
Aiit. wink
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by komek(m): 10:52am On Dec 28, 2014
Is the Pastor supposed to be the one u will take ur confidential matters to? I guess the OP is a Lady cos they so much believe in these men they call men of God than the God that created them.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by maimsy(f): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2014
Funjosh:
Sometimes I do wonders if Some MOG do still have brain in their skull

Na that one pastors dey take sale market na. From experience, if you share your predicament to a man of God, I won't ever guarantee you that he will not mention your case to someone with a similar situation.As a way of encouraging the person though. Atimes they are pushed to name the person involves most especially if the person has over come d ordeal just to let you know that you too can do it.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Reference(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2014
tenry:
One of my friends recently told me how his pastor was making reference to his challenges in the course of preaching to the congregation. According to him, he had been passing through some difflcult time and only went to his pastor for prayer and counselling, he was not expecting his pastor to cite his case as an example while preaching. Although he said the man of God didn't mention his name, the description and details released while preaching made him uncomfortable. I have also listened to pastors telling the congregation what church members have told them during counselling hour. How appropriate is this? Does it not meant to kept secret? Does a pastor has any right to share church members' secret without taking permission from them?

Get closer to God. He will never disclose your secrets but if you are too lazy to seek God and rely on a medium, sorry, there is a price to be paid. Don't blame the pastor. Even Jesus used the experiences of real people to preach, teach and edify.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2014
it depends on d kind of information and how he releases d info in a general manner such dat d content of d story cannot b traceable to any particular person
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by iamord(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2014
A lot of them do it! So as to keep members in check and instill fear
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by ACM10: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Confidential infos is best shared with the DOCTORS and the LAWYERS. You are on your own if you decide to share it with others
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Samfigo1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Funjosh:
Sometimes I do wonders if Some MOG do still have brain in their skull
What a fool you're!
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by Greatfes17: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Teammi:
it happens in every church
Point of correction.
Not "every church" but "some church"

https://www.nairaland.com/2058227/establishing-business-center-around-fed
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by yemivictor: 12:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
sweettease:

I have experienced it, went to one church and the pastor while preaching, mentioned how he went to one house that Sunday morning and perceived beans, that it's funny for people to eat beans on a Sunday morning, and he went on about the glamorous life he lives with his family that I felt so ashamed and he had no job or business other than being a pastor. Turns out the member he was talking about is someone he made a deacon because of his huge monetary donations which unfortunately had stopped at that time because he lost his job and most of the congregation knew he visited him and his family that morning. That was my first and last day there. I wonder how he keeps his members.

If this is true, then it is very bad!!!

What i find fascinating though is how you came about such detailed information relating to the history of the church if that was your first and last visit?
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by yemivictor: 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
Reference:

Get closer to God. He will never disclose your secrets but if you are too lazy to seek God and rely on a medium, sorry, there is a price to be paid. Don't blame the pastor. Even Jesus used the experiences of real people to preach, teach and edify.

Na lie! Jesus thought in parables and never used real characters he had come across physically.

The import of teaching/preaching in parables is that while the story is earthly i.e. likely to occur or has occurred, the meaning is heavenly and the moral is better understood and therefore sinks deeper.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by sweettease(f): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
yemivictor:

If this is true, then it is very bad!!!

What i find fascinating though is how you came about such detailed information relating to the history of the church if that was your first and last visit?
Someone invited me, I didn't just see it then walk in, and I wanted to make it less embarrassing than it really is. My friend invited me and the family is her elder sister's.
Even I was embarrassed that day and felt so bad because he is a really generous man. I'll never make up false stories that will drag the name of my religion to the mud but there is no need to call a spade a shovel, so let's call a spade a spade.
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by HARDDON: 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
golor:
If wat he shared was to motivate/inspire d church member for seeking a good life,then i will say ride on pastor.

A thousands sparks of likes!
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by realteflon(m): 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
freshness2020:
Is not a bad thing as far his name was not mentioned! It serves as a reproof to τ̲̅ђe rest of the congregation!
It's a bad thing. You pastor should do that. You feel the pastor is referring to you. And it wunt make you feel comfortable. Almost all the pastors do it
Re: His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching by loswhite(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
emusmith:
Jesus did that a lot!

Some humans are just plain proud!

Pastors are God's mouthpiece ooo.

Just imagine Elijah quarrelling God for including in His Bible how he ran before Jezebel OR Moses ranting on how God fell his hand by saying he married an Ethiopian woman.

Please, there is nothing there as long as he didn't mention your name.

If you bought a new range Rover Royce now or your gave the church 10M, you would want him to feed your ego and mention it abi?

Doctors do that a lot, ask Ben Carson.

It's called Reference.

is it God that wrote books of the Bible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Life? / Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor On Top Of A Table Preaching To His Members In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.