Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce (5969 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
Really?

Say she insults your parents horribly, abuses you emotionally and even physically when she can, slept with your boss and had a child for him and you guys got separated for that reason at about 35yrs of age.

You will forever remain single and CELIBATE for the rest of the 50-60yrs you have left on earth because marrying another wife will be adultery?

Really LOUIS? angry
LewsTherin:

Strange, isn't it?
Do you know why I got married? I married My Lady because I was tired of not having her around 247. Kids were never on the list of reasons. Heck, if I could get away without having children, I would. 3 years before our first child and as at now, no plans to add another. My mother complained then, and she complains now and I told her if she really wants a baby, her husband is still alive grin. I married at 29, a virgin, even though I had some of the "baddest" friends on campus. It was a choice I made. If I could stick to it then...... The only difficulty I see in that scenario is the absence of a great companion. A void I can try filling with lots and lots of video games!!!
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by LewsTherin: 4:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:
Really?

Say she insults your parents horribly, abuses you emotionally and even physically when she can, slept with your boss and had a child for him and you guys got separated for that reason at about 35yrs of age.

You will forever remain single and CELIBATE for the rest of the 50-60yrs you have left on earth because marrying another wife will be adultery?

Really LOUIS? angry

Because I am extremely conscious that its just 50-60 years on Earth but an eternity after that. It doesn't profit me much to satisfy my sexual and personal cravings here and loose an eternity with the One who died for me. If I didn't believe in Him, it would definitely be a different thing. But I do.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
LewsTherin:

Because I am extremely conscious that its just 50-60 years on Earth but an eternity after that. It doesn't profit me much to satisfy my sexual and personal cravings here and loose an eternity with the One who died for me. If I didn't believe in Him, it would definitely be a different thing. But I do.

Oh. Ok
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:
Really?

Really LOUIS? angry

Lol. cheesy Naughty girl!

But really, am I the only one that believes Lois? tongue

[size=4pt]*sorry Lews, had to get in on the joke*[/size]

Compliments of the season everyone!

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
ileobatojo:

grin grin

Anyway right now I believe him. He sounds like Obadiah777. That dude is drunk on the scriptures. If Louis is remotely related to Obadiah, I believe him. Kpomkwem!

Same to you dear kiss

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by stag: 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
mprexx:

Please explain. Because for all I know, all the heart does is pump blood...

Scientifically correct. But generally the heart is attributed as being responsible for decisions based on emotions and sentiments. The brain calculates logically. So the brain give you a clear-cut Yes/No. But the heart complicates it.

Most of these women know what exactly to do but the grip their hearts have on such matters is stronger than any logic the brain can conjure up.
So the brain tells them to quit the abusive relationship, but the heart makes pleas and so the average woman judges her case with the sentiments/emotions of societal beliefs, children, tradition, the thoughts of another woman taking over her place etc against the backdrop of permanent physical injuries to her and even being killed.

This is typical of an average woman in abusive relationship around us here.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Ewuro4: 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
lilmax:
You guys keep saying the same thing every time
.......some ladies see these bad traits in them before marriage and yet they still go about with getting married, so tell ladies they should erase the idea of dating a bad guy and thinking he will or they can change him after marriage

You dey mind them? undecided

And point of correction : Marriage WONT bring you HAPPINESS if you aren't happy to start with. People get this wrong everytime and with high expectations too.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by bukatyne(f): 5:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
What a thread cheesy

@OP: Your friend definitely gets high on abuse, please leave her

@ LewsTherin: I get where you are coming from though I doubt the Bible considers remarrying on ground's of divorce due to adultery a sin.

If separation occurs (God forbid) and

1. I have kids: will forget marriage and invest in excellent dildos

2. I have no kids: will pray for clearance to marry... none forthcoming; adopt a kid and invest in....

@lilmax: a lot truly see these signs however if mommy & daddy's marriage was like that, what do you expect?

Some ladies sure saw the signs and well went ahead angry
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by TV01(m): 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:
Really?

Really LOUIS? angry

Festive greetings Coco, how far?

Lews has laid it out straight. Even the transgression of adultery is forgivable. And if you choose not to forgive, the permission to divorce does not pre-suppose remarriage. True Christian marriage is until death do part.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by TV01(m): 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ewuro4:

You dey mind them? undecided

And point of correction : Marriage WONT bring you HAPPINESS if you aren't happy to start with. People get this wrong everytime and with high expectations too.

Hi Jide, long time. Hope all is well with you. Great to have you back. Such festive cheer.

TV
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
TV01:

Festive greetings Coco, how far?

Lews has laid it out straight. Even the transgression of adultery is forgivable. And if you choose not to forgive, the permission to divorce does not pre-suppose remarriage. True Christian marriage is until death do part.

TV

I'm really good. Merry Xmas to you too.

Well of course I know adultery is forgivable in the face of true repentance.
How about if the culprit is unrepentant?

And in case of seperation, I wonder how except joining a monastery or nunnery a divorced or separated person intends to remain celibate all their life.

I know I'm seeing the world through my personal lenses right now but it is still damn hard to believe.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by mprexx: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
stag:

Scientifically correct. But generally the heart is attributed as being responsible for decisions based on emotions and sentiments. The brain calculates logically. So the brain give you a clear-cut Yes/No. But the heart complicates it.

Most of these women know what exactly to do but the grip their hearts have on such matters is stronger than any logic the brain can conjure up.
So the brain tells them to quit the abusive relationship, but the heart makes pleas and so the average woman judges her case with the sentiments/emotions of societal beliefs, children, tradition, the thoughts of another woman taking over her place etc against the backdrop of permanent physical injuries to her and even being killed.

This is typical of an average woman in abusive relationship around us here.

Nice write up... I see it as a case of logic vs stupidity though.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Ewuro4: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
TV01:

Hi Jide, long time. Hope all is well with you. Great to have you back. Such festive cheer.

TV

Thank you kindly. All is well. Good to see you around.

Compliments of the season to you and yours. Regards to madam and TV Jnr.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by mprexx: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
bukatyne:
What a thread cheesy

@OP: Your friend definitely gets high on abuse, please leave her

@ LewsTherin: I get where you are coming from though I doubt the Bible considers remarrying on ground's of divorce due to adultery a sin.

If separation occurs (God forbid) and

1. I have kids: will forget marriage and invest in excellent dildos

2. I have no kids: will pray for clearance to marry... none forthcoming; adopt a kid and invest in....

@lilmax: a lot truly see these signs however if mommy & daddy's marriage was like that, what do you expect?

Some ladies sure saw the signs and well went ahead angry

Honestly, I don't get it. I would do same thing you just wrote here if I were in her shoes. It won't be easy, but in life what is?
She has stated she hates him but can't leave him because ...the Lord hates divorce... I don't think I can do that!
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by stag: 5:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
mprexx:

Nice write up... I see it as a case of logic vs stupidity though.

Fundamentally.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by TV01(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:

How about if the culprit is unrepentant?
Separate

cococandy:

And in case of seperation, I wonder how except joining a monastery or nunnery a divorced or separated person intends to remain celibate all their life.
I was celibate from the day I became a Christian until I met my wife - and it was a long time cheesy. I'm sure I've testified as such previously on NL. But more to the point, when I was searching for a wife, and even more pertinently when it seemed at times I may not find one, I always knew a lifetime of celibacy may be on the cards and I was totally at peace with that. And I knew I wasn't settling for any ole' wife.

Before I actually became a Christian, I was all but one. I just couldn't wrap my head around the no GF thing. Once I became one, it was quite clear to me what my faith demanded. I said "no problem", if that's what you desire Lord, pray help me - I didn't even pray as such, just affirmed it within myself - and He did. The Lord is no respecter of persons. His grace is freely available.

cococandy:
I know I'm seeing the world through my personal lenses right now but it is still damn hard to believe.
The scriptures are clear - and plainly so. What people choose to believe, how they choose to express their faith and the amount of trust they have in God, is indeed a personal thing

Christian marriage is until death do part, divorce is possible in the event of adultery, remarriage only in the event of death of one of the spouses.

TV

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by bukatyne(f): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
mprexx:

Honestly, I don't get it. I would do same thing you just wrote here if I were in her shoes. It won't be easy, but in life what is?
She has stated she hates him but can't leave him because ...the Lord hates divorce... I don't think I can do that!

Well well

Let's say: she gets a high when she is beaten et al

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by LewsTherin: 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
ileobatojo:

Didn't get the joke at first but then my nephews were creating enough noise to raise the dead. Very funny, ha ha! kiss

cococandy:
grin grin
Anyway right now I believe him. He sounds like Obadiah777. That dude is drunk on the scriptures. If Louis is remotely related to Obadiah, I believe him. Kpomkwem!
Same to you dear kiss

Who is Obadiah777? Sounds like a character in Isaac Assimov's Nightfall

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
LewsTherin:

Didn't get the joke at first but then my nephews were creating enough noise to raise the dead. Very funny, ha ha! kiss

[b]Who is Obadiah777? [/b]Sounds like a character in Isaac Assimov's Nightfall

A nairalander. Calls himself sukkot these days .I think. I might be wrong about that though.

He's A character alright.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by sukkot: 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:
grin grin

Same to you dear kiss
walahi talahi i am only drunk on orijin undecided grin

compliments of the season to you wink
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by cococandy(f): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
sukkot:

compliments of the season to you wink

Same to you too
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by LewsTherin: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
cococandy:

A nairalander. Calls himself sukkot these days .I think. I might be wrong about that though.

He's A character alright.

THAT guy? Who keeps predicting a nuclear war since the 27th of November? Heck no! No no no no no double no!

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by sukkot: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
LewsTherin:

THAT guy? Who keeps predicting a nuclear war since the 27th of November? Heck no! No no no no no double no!
siddon there. war done start for ukraine. na to spread remain
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
LewsTherin:

cheesy cheesy wink

Hi nephews!
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
So obadiah is now sukkot?

I hv taken notice. Missed him a lot. He usually take me to religious section then.
Now it's frosbel. Those guys r something else grin cheesy

Hello jidegirl. How r u and family?

I like this lewistherin o.
If I'm married to him,i will be behaving anyhow kiss

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by sukkot: 8:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
moca:
So obadiah is now sukkot?

I hv taken notice. Missed him a lot. He usually take me to religious section then.
Now it's frosbel. Those guys r something else grin cheesy

Hello jidegirl. How r u and family?

heyyyyyyy moca i troway salute. compliments of the season. na my new name be this na wink grin
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
EfemenaXY:

1. And I bet you those kids are damaged.

2. The boys would see such abuse as the norm because it's what they grew up seeing, and it's all they know.

3. The girls will also see it as normal and would expect their husbands or boyfriends to treat them in exactly the same manner.
1. Definitely, but not beyond repair.

2. I disagree with you here. It is very unlikely it's all they've seen, they have neighbours, friends, tv and such. I'm sure one of them(or a sister) must have recorded the happenings of the day in question. I doubt they consider it the norm, they most likely find it disgusting and embarrassing. What I'm curious about is why they leave their mother in that home at their age.

3. You couldn't be more wrong. If anything, they more likely detest acts of violence and would not tolerate even the slightest hint at violence or abuse.
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
TV01:

The scriptures are clear - and plainly so. What people choose to believe, how they choose to express their faith and the amount of trust they have in God, is indeed a personal thing

TV
Merry christmas, egbon. Fresh_Dude, here. You were gone for quite a while. How have you been and how's the family?
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by LewsTherin: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
moca:

Hang on! So if you get the "God-fearing Man" you ladies cry on about, you'll take that as an opportunity to "behave anyhow"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
Hey hey @ lewistherin, cool down cheesy
Most times I play and joke.
Such was one of those moments kiss

Sukkot,i will be looking for ur trouble soon grin

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by EfemenaXY: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2014
moca:

grin grin grin

Sweetie, abeg define "anyhow". cheesy
Re: Domestic Violence, Marriage And Divorce by LewsTherin: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2014
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Sweetie, abeg define "anyhow". cheesy

Cooking, cleaning, caring for the kids and in-laws, getting down every night and on demand...... you know, stuff like that grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are We Living In A World Of Indecency Or Fashion / How To "Properly" Beat Your Wife / Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.