Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections (10426 Views)

Rivers Election: Hold Buhari Accountable For Violence, Loss Of Lives - Fayose / Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation / APC Pledges To Constitute Parallel Govt If 2015 Election Is Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Alleged by who? "Allegedly" is coined from allegation, anybody can make allegation. In fact, one can say the owner of nl is a gay, it doesn't make it true or false except proven. However, the police did not indict cpc or its leaders, hence, it should be dismissed excerpt facts emerge. CPC has no history of violence
Obinoscopy,you heard that?

2 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
What is your proof against cpc? The Presidential committee neither indict cpc nor any of her chieftain. I insist that what happened in 2011 was perpetrated by fanatics and not cpc or her supporters. PDP led by Fayose in broad daylight went to court to beat judges, that counts. PDP BoT Chief alhaji Lawal Kaita promised to make Nigeria ungorvernable for Jonathan should he win 2011. I expect the President and DSS to arrest him and begins investigation from there if they were serious.
Obinoscopy:
Bros, we all know PDP is a party of violence. But the violence is mostly intra- or inter-party. These violence will never be openly endorsed by the party but the fact remains that the violence is being perpetuated.

All parties that have politicians as members have history of violence. For you to come out and absolve CPC of theirs show that you are lying. The more you lie, the more you lose credibility.

4 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Your sentiment cannot replace facts. You have nothing against the cpc. Attributing offence perpetrated by fanatics to a legal entity without proof shows your degree of subjectiveness. I can shout Jesus is Lord to kill people, I can start burning houses with Jonathan's poster in my hand, I can start shooting any anti-jonathan supporters, but it doesn't translate to Jonathan supports violence. Be guided!
Stop twisting words. Nobody said that CPC openly support violence. But the fact remains that the perpetrators of the heinous act were sympathetic to APC's candidate. CPC has an history of violence, you can't deny it. That's why I'm glad APC has pledged to help in preventing such in this coming election.

5 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
JackBaueress1:
Obinoscopy,you heard that?
its a pleasure!
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by chamboy(m): 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Season Greetings barcanista
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by BossAyuk: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Stop twisting words. Nobody said that CPC openly support violence. But the fact remains that the perpetrators of the heinous act were sympathetic to APC's candidate. CPC has an history of violence, you can't deny it. That's why I'm glad APC has pledged to help in preventing such in this coming election.
If I kill Buharis supporters and carry Jonathan's posters claiming he was cheated without receiving any instruction whatsoever from Jonathan, is it fair or sensible to call Jonathan a man of violence? Go.straight to.the point.

3 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
What is your proof against cpc? The Presidential committee neither indict cpc nor any of her chieftain. I insist that what happened in 2011 was perpetrated by fanatics and not cpc or her supporters. PDP led by Fayose in broad daylight went to court to beat judges, that counts. PDP BoT Chief alhaji Lawal Kaita promised to make Nigeria ungorvernable for Jonathan should he win 2011. I expect the President and DSS to arrest him and begins investigation from there if they were serious.
The reason why CPC was never indicted is because our president is too softhearted. Uhuru Kenyatta is still facing post-election crime charges in the ICC because his supporters (or fanatics as you "lawyeristically" called it) killed scores of innocent civilians. If Uhuru is facing such, why isn't Buhari? Anyway, it's Jonathan I'll blame. He's soft, and his opponents are using it against the poor man embarassed

2 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by BossAyuk: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
If someone wrongs your cousin and you take it upon yourself to go and assault that person without receiving any instruction from your cousin, when you're caught, what role does your cousin have to play in your case? Is your cousin guilty of anything?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by PassingShot(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The truth is that the perpetrators of the 2011 Post Election Violence were APC Supporters. They felt cheated, thus decided to take law into their hands by attacking INEC and NYSC Members.

The bolded is where the problem lies. Despite that we all have to condemn post-election violence, we must also do everything within our powers to ensure free, fair and credible election. The anger of a poor man who is also cheated of his rights can be devastating.
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Again sir, those 2011 bastards were fanatics that perpetrated heinous crimes against humanity under the blanket of election. We all know terrorists will always find something for an excuse! They were not acting for or on behalf of CPC. The then CPC leader Muhammadu Buhari or any other leader did not ask anyone to take to the street and kill. Buhari lost 2003 and 2007 polls yet he went to the court and not to people's houses to kill! What happened in 2011 was that some element within the PDP that wants the pdp north/south agreement to remain called their boys and took advantage of the situation, this is my sentiment and Azazi shares same sentiment. A pdp man promised hell! Of resent,PDP katsina Governor called for killing of opposition members and supporters, that is alone inciteful!

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
BossAyuk:

If I kill Buharis supporters and carry Jonathan's posters claiming he was cheated without receiving any instruction whatsoever from Jonathan, is it fair or sensible to call Jonathan a man of violence? Go.straight to.the point.
I'll still blame Jonathan because he is to ensure that he's supporters are law abiding. It's his duty as a leader. A leader is trained to take responsibility and liability tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Amanwulu1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
politricks:
Was this the question they asked you?.
to u now and those asking d question, if dem ask u now u go say u dey make sense abi?
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by BossAyuk: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
I'll still blame Jonathan because he is to ensure that he's supporters are law abiding. It's his duty as a leader. A leader is trained to take responsibility and liability tongue
That makes no sense Oga grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The reason why CPC was never indicted is because our president is too softhearted. Uhuru Kenyatta is still facing post-election crime charges in the ICC because his supporters (or fanatics as you "lawyeristically" called it) killed scores of innocent civilians. If Uhuru is facing such, why isn't Buhari? Anyway, it's Jonathan I'll blame. He's soft, and his opponents are using it against the poor man embarassed
Kenyatta made lots of inciteful statements and there were lots of evidence and indictment against him. Please do a proper research on Kenya's post 2008 Presidential election violence
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Yes, the law enforcement agents have their own share of blame. But let's not forget to give CPC (now part of APC) their own share too.
Oga! The perpetuators of d violence are dey below '18' years of age? Were de teenagers? Are they not responsible for their actions? Why should the party be liable to bad conduct of dia supporters? If they had signed an undertaken to reach out to every of dia supporters nationwide it would hav been a different scenario..

Imagine that I am a family man with grown ups as offspring; shud de go outside and commit a crime, WILL IT BE FAIR IF I AM ACCUSED FOR THEIR CRIME? Considering that they have already reached d age of making sound judgement..there are good supporters and bad supporters of both pdp and APC in terms of Attitude.

When I was in my final year @ sku, our dean of students came to mobilise us to assist INEC under d capacity of Assistant polling officers, while Corps members as PO for d 2012 edo state guber elections, which oshiomhole won...On getting to my polling unit and after all accreditation..voting commenced, with d security operatives abandoning us (me + the PO) to ourselves and were led to a corner by some party chieftains for settlement. Imagine how the voters would tak it wen de feel marginalised cos de dnt possess d leverage to rig?...they would take laws into dia hands with d so-called operatives incapacitated cos dia integrity has bin compromised!

Had buhari the 'pocket' of an IBB, we would then say dat de wea paid to cos violence whc is logical..

So, its ONLY fair to put the blame on the rioters and the security operatives and NOT any party.

3 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Amanwulu1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
Even Islam claims to b a religion of peace but history has proved otherwise.
barcanista:
APC is a party of peace and not a promoter of violence. The FG must do all within its powers to protect electorates in the forthcoming poll. Vote Buhari! Vote Change

3 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Kenyatta made lots of inciteful statements and there were lots of evidence and indictment against him. Please do a proper research on Kenya's post 2008 Presidential election violence
Oh and you think CPC politicians didn't make inciteful statements too? Or are you blind and deaf to historical records of the pre- and post-2011 elections?

Even now, Amaechi has started his own by saying a parallel govt will be created should APC lose. Don't you know that he can be charged to court in the future if there's a coup or aggravated insurgency after the 2015 elections?

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by PassingShot(m): 1:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:

It would have been better if you used "clueless" instead of "soft".

If not cluelessness, how did he suddenly become a bosom friend to Lawan Kaita who promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for him if he won the election? If not cluelessness, how come he wines and dines with Ali Modu Sheriff who was mentioned by a prime suspect in Boko Haram insurgency?

The fact of the matter is, GEJ needs to conduct free, fair and credible election in 2015. If he wins, we will congratulate him.

5 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
chamboy:
Season Greetings barcanista
my oga same to you! How yu de?
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
BossAyuk:

That makes no sense Oga grin grin
It makes no sense to you because you are not a leader. As a leader, you are responsible and liable for the acts perpetuated by your supporters/followers.

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Oh and you think CPC politicians didn't make inciteful statements too? Or are you blind and deaf to historical records of the pre- and post-2011 elections?

Even now, Amaechi has started his own by saying a parallel govt will be created should APC lose. Don't you know that he can be charged to court in the future if there's a coup or aggravated insurgency after the 2015 elections?
I will be glad if you let us knw the inciteful statements by cpc pre and post 2011 poll. As for Amaechi, his continuous threat is unfortunate and I am sure he will refrain. Cheers

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Amanwulu1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
CPC have no history of violence, but PdP does! Whether the poster you quoted agree with you or not is immaterial until you substantiate with fact. I can commit crime and shout GEJ 2015, it doesn't mean that I'm backed by GEJ. Terrorists kill and shout Alahu Akbar, it doesn't mean islam endorse terrorism. Sometimes, we shouldn't be allowed to be blinded by hate and emotions
bacanista d internet champion promoting an internet president who himself got introduced to d internet few days b4 xmas. I hail u.

5 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by chamboy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
There's nothing u wanna tell obinoscopy That would make him think right... It's well
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by chamboy(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
Amanwulu1:
bacanista d internet champion promoting an internet president who himself got introduced to d internet few days b4 xmas. I hail u.
do u make any sense

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
Islam doesn't promote violence, fanatics does! It is applicable to all religion. Even Peter cut off the ears of a Roman Soldier when he was with Jesus! Jesus rebuked him.
Amanwulu1:
Even Islam claims to b a religion of peace but history has proved otherwise.

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by BossAyuk: 1:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
It makes no sense to you because you are not a leader. As a leader, you are responsible and liable for the acts perpetuated by your supporters/followers.
I know you're a long way older than 18...is your dad still responsible for your actions?

Did CPC sign any undertaking claiming responsibility of the future actions of their supporters?

I'm a Buhari Supporter and I live in Calabar, is Buhari responsible for my actions? Isn't that funny? grin

Obinoscopy give this up abeg.

2 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
LouisVanGaal:
Oga! The perpetuators of d violence are dey below '18' years of age? Were de teenagers? Are they not responsible for their actions? Why should the party be liable to bad conduct of dia supporters? If they had signed an undertaken to reach out to every of dia supporters nationwide it would hav been a different scenario..
The fact remains that those who killed, did so because CPC lost. Even if CPC don't want to accept the blame, they should still acknowledge that the killings were done because they lost.

Imagine that I am a family man with grown ups as offspring; shud de go outside and commit a crime, WILL IT BE FAIR IF I AM ACCUSED FOR THEIR CRIME? Considering that they have already reached d age of making sound judgement..there are good supporters and bad supporters of both pdp and APC in terms of Attitude.
The man should still be blamed because it was his kids that committed a crime. He must have failed in instilling good values on his kids. Thus he has some portion of the blame,

When I was in my final year @ sku, our dean of students came to mobilise us to assist INEC under d capacity of Assistant polling officers, while Corps members as PO for d 2012 edo state guber elections, which oshiomhole won...On getting to my polling unit and after all accreditation..voting commenced, with d security operatives abandoning us (me + the PO) to ourselves and were led to a corner by some party chieftains for settlement. Imagine how the voters would tak it wen de feel marginalised cos de dnt possess d leverage to rig?...they would take laws into dia hands with d so-called operatives incapacitated cos dia integrity has bin compromised!
So if you were killed, will it be right for us to justify the actions of those who took law into their hands?

Had buhari the 'pocket' of an IBB, we would then say dat de wea paid to cos violence whc is logical..

So, its ONLY fair to put the blame on the rioters and the security operatives and NOT any party.
Parties should take the bulk of the blame. Let's learn to accept responsibility. Only a true leader takes responsibility for the actions of his supporters/followers.

5 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Obinoscopy(m): 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
BossAyuk:

I know you're a long way older than 18...is your dad still responsible for your actions?

Did CPC sign any undertaking claiming responsibility of the future actions of their supporters?

I'm a Buhari Supporter and I live in Calabar, is Buhari responsible for my actions? Isn't that funny? grin

Obinoscopy give this up abeg.
If a guy is an armed robber and he's being caught, it'll rub on his dad, his family, his society. His dad will live with the stigma of being the father of a criminal for the rest of his live. Even if he deceives himself that he played no role in his son's criminal actions, his conscience will still prick him. He must have done sth wrong in his son's childhood.

2 Likes

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
The fact remains that those who killed, did so because CPC lost. Even if CPC don't want to accept the blame, they should still acknowledge that the killings were done because they lost.

The man should still be blamed because it was his kids that committed a crime. He must have failed in instilling good values on his kids. Thus he has some portion of the blame,

So if you were killed, will it be right for us to justify the actions of those who took law into their hands?

Parties should take the bulk of the blame. Let's learn to accept responsibility. Only a true leader takes responsibility for the actions of his supporters/followers.
which kids are you talking about? E be like say love with your nairaland wife don dey shack you sotay you dey talk nonsense.
Gone are those days when Obinoscopy made sane political comments. You now talk like Seun.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by shiffynaani(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
JECBOSS:
I seriously doubt this APC's statement. What about the comment made by General Buhari below;
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1981678_1976870img349091037037082jpegjpeg29dba9e4a7dfe232dd25dc8e7ddcf31c_jpeg3a5859bf6c073a4e33d13e34d81c4033
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1981693_1937134106787618395195527728358496303883155663877njpegd366075f3a06e69548f955187580c190_jpeg8dfaa5898b28782d9f4abd01ad5c6768
''Dogs and Baboon shall be soaked in blood'' This is just a proverb in Hausa language.If you do your research well,it means that 2015 will be really,really tough if the general election is by any means rigged.
Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by BossAyuk: 2:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
Obinoscopy:
If a guy is an armed robber and he's being caught, it'll rub on his dad, his family, his society. His dad will live with the stigma of being the father of a criminal for the rest of his live. Even if he deceives himself that he played no role in his son's criminal actions, his conscience will still prick him. He must have done sth wrong in his son's childhood.
*laughs*...Yes he would feel the stigma. But in a scenario where his son committed murder, would it be sensible to accuse him (the father) of murder?? That's the question I want you to answer.

1 Like

Re: APC Pledges To Work For Violence-free Elections by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
GEJ I know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Offers Amnesty ‎to Cultists, Criminals In Lagos / Uche Secondus Refutes Suspension Claims / Edo: You Are Campaigning For Me – Iduoriyekemwen To Ize-iyamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.