Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? (14931 Views)

See Mum And Daughter Mistaken For Sisters Despite Their 21-year Age Gap. / Hunter Kills Colleague, Mistaken As Monkey In Delta / Rudeboy – Somebody Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Brainard22: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2021
Omo this thing no be play o

I have 2 experiences:

One in 2009 I moved to this area as a fresher (100L) boom anyone who saw me always call me ejike angry shu it took hard work for them to stop, I even got several visits from girls in the neighborhood who thought I was just pretending to be someone else (note: ejike was the neighborhood Playboy who ran away after getting caught by almost 13 girls he was sleeping with, he packed and disappeared one night, and to make matters worse I moved into the apartment he left)

Two was in a bank in ughelli, the attendant mistook me for a relative and decided to attend to me first (I decided to play along o grin who no like free thing?)

That's my experiences...

what's yours?

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2021
cheesy
Never been mistaken for someone else before cha...But I don see who dem mistake for someone else...

That was back then in school,2015 precisely....There was this igbo guy in my hostel who just got admission into ND1(uche by name)....So one night,armed robbers came to rob us around 8p.m.....one of the armed robber pointed his gun at uche and was talking to his fellow armed robber like--"oboy,this guy resemble that guy wey dey fvck my sister,abi make I blow am shot?"

Na once my guy pee for body when he hear "shot" grin

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Brainard22: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Booking space like bet9ja game

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by donbachi(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Was walking on the road at agudama street d/line ph...all i heard was "athink i done catch u today". b4 i knew wat was happening,i done reach ground.i started shouting..." wetin i do u na".

After a close look at me.the guy began pleading with me.dat it was a mistaken identity issue.

159 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Michelle55: 8:44am On Sep 12, 2021
donbachi:
Was walking on the road at agudama street d/line ph...all i heard was "athink i done catch u today". b4 i knew wat was happening,i done reach ground.i started shouting..." wetin i do u na".

After a close look at me.the guy began pleading with me.dat it was a mistaken identity issue.
Omo, this one off me

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Blakjewelry(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2021
Me? Many times different location, different states
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by ifytrik(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2021
Brainard22:
Booking space like bet9ja game
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by brosom(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2021
Bro ask ur some questions,

U could have a twin brother. grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by iyimide(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2021
Someone at the Airport Mistook me for Mike Bamiloyes first son.. it was in istanbul and i was wondering who knew me so well to decide to hug me so tightly and say "how is dad" and Mum.. me wey my papa na farmer for naija.. he even gave me money na him i come ask am, sir do you know me? And he answered.. " who doesn't" .. na so i off... later he come talk say am i not mike bamiloyes son.. laugh wan kill me...

117 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ever8090: 9:26am On Sep 12, 2021
I was mistaken for my younger broad almost payed a dept he owe..

16 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Fine babe don kiss me before for road na shouting emeka where have you been

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by hahn(m): 11:44am On Sep 12, 2021
Brainard22:
Omo this thing no be play o

I have 2 experiences:

One in 2009 I moved to this area as a fresher (100L) boom anyone who saw me always call me ejike angry shu it took hard work for them to stop, I even got several visits from girls in the neighborhood who thought I was just pretending to be someone else (note: ejike was the neighborhood Playboy who ran away after getting caught by almost 13 girls he was sleeping with, he packed and disappeared one night, and to make matters worse I moved into the apartment he left)

Two was in a bank in ughelli, the attendant mistook me for a relative and decided to attend to me first (I decided to play along o grin who no like free thing?)

That's my experiences...

what's yours?

Too many to count but let me share the most memorable ones.

When I was much younger I went to drink beer with a friend at Mega Plaza and as we walked in I noticed one lady staring at me then she started shouting "John! John!" so I looked at her and asked, "do I look like someone whose name is John" and she goes, "oh sorry, you look like my son who is in boarding school".

Another time I and some friends went to drink jedi jedi and smoke cigarettes in Ketu. While we were drinking on dude was staring at me then he asked me, "are you so-and-so?" and I just said no. Then he whispers to my guy in Yoruba and asks him, "is that not so-so-so?" and the idiot said "yes but he doesn't want people to know". The guy was so happy! Turns out I'm the son to his oga and he sees me every day at the factory. Next thing he orders for a bottle of red wine for me. grin

Me and my wife went to charge my laptop at one bar close to our house then. As we got into the bar one guy calls out to me like, "hey bro" and even though I don't know him I greet him back and he noticing I don't know him says, "are you not the one that comes to wash his benz at so-so-so car wash?". Seeing things were getting awkward I was like "oh, how your side?". Then he says, "join us". Oya na!

Free beer everywhere grin We later became friends sha

The most annoying one is when one dude was calling me "master" thinking I'm an Indian. I had to warn the guy seriously not to do that shit angry

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by hahn(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
iyimide:
Someone at the Airport Mistook me for Mike Bamiloyes first son.. it was in istanbul and i was wondering who knew me so well to decide to hug me so tightly and say "how is dad" and Mum.. me wey my papa na farmer for naija.. he even gave me money na him i come ask am, sir do you know me? And he answered.. " who doesn't" .. na so i off... later he come talk say am i not mike bamiloyes son.. laugh wan kill me...

Did you give him the money back?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nicklaus619(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2021
This one happened when I was 17
I was jogging with my big bro in the morning and one lady doubled crossed us with her SUV and she screamed and almost crying, Phil is there anything u asked I have not given you, why have u decided to ruin my life

It was later we got to know that I looked exactly like her son whom he had sent to Canada to continue his tertiary studies on the account that he was expelled from school here in Nigeria for burning down a filling station with his cult guys. grin
The woman later collected my number and we finally got to meet with his so called son after 2 years after, oboi it was like looking in the mirror when we finally met, we are still best of friends up til today, most times we do suspect we where twins separated at birth grin

Another one was just two weeks ago, I just dropped from an Uber with my babe at Jabi lake mall Abuja here to go see a movie.
This other babe was looking at me jaw dropped, the next thing she did amazed me, she just grabbed me from behind and shouted, micky, this is your business trip u said you were going abi? Who's this bitch with u anyway, she was referring to my girlfriend shocked. At the end of the day we cleared the air after like 10 minutes of showing prof that I ain't his boyfriend he thought I was, she called her boyfriend on video call and baba answered, the spoke and she later apologised, I was embarrassed though, because people where already taking pictures to post on the internet to paint there own false stories, thank God she later knelt down to apologized, my babe was finally smiling and happy at this point

We ended up taking pictures and exchanged contact, we already arranged a double date with them next weekend grin

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by samwash(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
A case of mistaken identify.
Well not me, but I mistook someone else.
Na so I catch one Keke guy one day thinking he is my debtor within minutes I discharge all him passengers , took his Keke key, dey halla "Peter you don die today" " hand don meet you today" I don call my force friend mk him come treat the guy fuvk up.
The guy dey beg "I nor be Peter", "Bros I nor Sabi you ooo!!!"
After some few minutes,as the guy continue dey insist he nor kwn me, na I begin dey reason the guy I realized he is a wrong guy, I feel ashamed after causing a scene in a major road.
But the guy really resemble the Peter I dey find, I later introduce the Peter to the guy, they became friends.
You will think they are twins.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Offpoint1: 2:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yeah,

It was one faithful afternoon when I walked by 4 madmen, immediately they saw me they all turned around and shout in one accord "DADDYYY!!!"

I picked race, thinking I was fast not knowing mad people have super human strength. I was running as fast I can, but these guys were "bolting" on me... That was how I literally became father of madness. I pull off my shoes, my cap and clothes just to lighting up my weight to increased my speed.

My brethren, that was how we all ran from Ojota to Ibadan o.

God punish crazy jeans makersgrin

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by LagBlogger(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nicklaus619:
This one happened when I was 17
I was jogging with my big bro in the morning and one lady doubled crossed us with her SUV and she screamed and almost crying, Phil is there anything u asked I have not given you, why have u decided to ruin my life

It was later we got to know that I looked exactly like her son whom he had sent to Canada to continue his tertiary studies on the account that he was expelled from school here in Nigeria for burning down a filling station with his cult guys. grin
The woman later collected my number and we finally got to meet with his so called son after 2 years after, oboi it was like looking in the mirror when we finally met, we are still best of friends up til today, most times we do suspect we where twins separated at birth grin

Another one was just two weeks ago, I just dropped from an Uber with my babe at Jabi lake mall Abuja here to go see a movie.
This other babe was looking at me jaw dropped, the next thing she did amazed me, she just grabbed me from behind and shouted, micky, this is your business trip u said you were going abi? Who's this bitch with u anyway, she was referring to my girlfriend shocked. At the end of the day we cleared the air after like 10 minutes of showing prof that I ain't his boyfriend he thought I was, he called his boyfriend on video call and baba answered, the spoke and she later apologised, I was embarrassed though, because people where already taking pictures to post on the internet to paint there own false stories, thank God she later knelt down to apologized, my babe was finally smiling and happy at this point

We ended up taking pictures and exchanged contact, we already arranged a double date with them next weekend grin

Cool stories

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Chisave: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mine was when i was doing my IT at UAC Ojota. I was in the QA Dept but after some months we were posted to the IT unit due to an urgent work they need to do on system as they need to clear some backlogs.

After being transferred to this unit, my supervisor saw me said I looked like a guy that worked with them. To make matter worse, when anybody entered the office, they will be talking to me as if they are talking to the guy only to realize after sometime or I inform them that i wasn't the guy.

When we later met, i did not even see much resemblance.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by youngking22(m): 5:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mine is almost on daily basis, and it's becoming quite fearful for me, one that stands out is a lady that claims she knows me all the way from Lagos,but we are in Abakaliki hello how you take know me? Well Till today we still good friends.
The worst of them all is someone greeting you and you have no ideal who the hell they are but you just play along...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by MasterShifu010(m): 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
mistaken identities plenty for me,
one girl i was chyking was calling me moses, i didn’t like it at first cos no be my name ,i asked her why ,and she said i looked like a guy she was crushing on, i told her am gonna be her moses.
another case was when me and like two of my guys went to a bar to chill , while we were at, one fine girl came and hugged me and said “how far nah?...where you go hide ?” i was flabbergasted and flabberwanned , and then i asked her , do you know me ?, and she said “are you not emeka’s brother ?” i said no she apologized and left .
plenty stories

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by DropsMic(m): 11:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
Never..
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Ssoil(f): 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
People mistake me for genevive’s sister smiley

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Cc:
Many years ago, on my first visit to New York, I was in a cab and the driver kept looking at me in his mirror.
He finally said “Excuse me, miss - are you Beyonce?!
I was pretty flattered, needless to say, but he was upset when I said I wasn’t Beyonce - apparently most of the taxi drivers love to take celebrities for a ride!!

AND,

Cc:
Yes, almost all of us @[/b] have been mistaken for [b]Our Darling Mommy and Our Darling Daddy Numerous times.

It's good to look like good and honest people in life sha.

God bless our Beautiful Darling Mommy and our Darling Darling Handsome Daddy.

If u no like ya mama and papa, na ya wahala for life be dat oooo tongue tongue tongue

MORE.......
Cc:
Shock at first, but then relief

I was driving in Lakeside, CA one day when all of a sudden a cop car jumped in front of me and blocked my way with lights flashing. Other cop cars closed in as well. I stopped with my window rolled down and my hands on the wheel and waited for instructions.

I was told to get out of the car, kneel facing away from the police behind me. I complied. Officers then approached me and ordered me face down with arms by my side.

That’s when things got interesting. An officer asked me my name and address. He then told the other officers: “I think we got the wrong guy”

It turned out that they were looking for a violent Lakeside gang member named Leo McDevit, (My name minus one ‘t’) who happened to drive a car the same color as mine. What initially tipped the officer off that they got the wrong guy is that I didn’t have tattoos all up and down my arms, and that I had no gang markings.

The officers let me get back up and apologized for the inconvenience. I told them it was no problem and kind of exciting to see them do that kind of traffic stop up close and personal.

I promptly went out and got a different car to avoid another case of mistaken identity

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by greenie77: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
Never been mistaken for someone else before cha...But I don see who dem mistake for someone else...

That was back then in school,2015 precisely....There was this igbo guy in my hostel who just got admission into ND1(uche by name)....So one night,armed robbers came to rob us around 8p.m.....one of the armed robber pointed his gun at uche and was talking to his fellow armed robber like--"oboy,this guy resemble that guy wey dey fvck my sister,abi make I blow am shot?"

Na once my guy pee for body when he hear "shot" grin

Really traumatic for the guy.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes oooo
Severally.
I pray I won't be mistaken 4a fraudster some day.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
I have only been mistaken for my elder brother. His Primary school teacher saw me & asked if I couldn't remember her again. I was initially confused but when she mentioned the school & the year(s), I realized she took me for my eldest brother who is about 12 years older than me. Facially, I really look like him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by dex4sure: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yea, several times
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by sonnie10: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
y
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by ibmbobakpan(m): 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Many times
Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by Oyerinde16(m): 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Once, I entered a bank, and the teller guy was smiling and looking at me...

when I maintain straight face...

He called one name "can't remember" then said, can't you greet, why am I doing as if I don't know him...

I was like baba I sabi you before...

The guy stood up from counter tapped my head and was like when did that kind of play start...

Ahh oga which play I don't know you...

He called the name again and was like are you mad, how will you say you don't know me...

Haa see me see trouble, sir I don't know you...

Omo, that day was not funny o, he said I'm his friends younger brother and we all grew up in Kaduna, we started introduction, where we grew bla bla bla, we later took pixs together, he said he was going to show the person...

19 Likes

Re: Ever Been Mistaken For Somebody? by chatinent: 11:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Once but I no hear wetin the woman dey talk..better hunger hook me that day.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13-year-Old Girl Flees Home With Suspected Lover / Describe Lagos In A Few Words / "Video of Rat showering like a human goes viral." [Copied]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.