Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years (30630 Views)

Jonathan Made Me The Richest Man In Africa And 25th In The World - Dangote / Grave Mistake Jonathan Made In War Against Boko Haram -prof Ango Abdullahi / Jonathan Made Corruption Attractive, Says Niyi Osundare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by biafranqueen: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2014
major466:
Nigerians are getting educated about government activities through freedom of information bill. GEJ's government is the first to open up about expenses and running cost of Aso Rock. This is what the likes of OBJ and Buhari will never do. Take a look at APC runned states, the freedom of information bill is on life support.
GEJ government is the most opened and transparent in the history of Nigeria.
I am so proud of him he did not start this salary stuff, since he has exposed it he can work wit law makers to change it. No other President has been so transparent in Nigeria's history. Now that we know what are we going to do about it?

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by alabiyemmy(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2014
At least u called it salary. U didn't say he stole it.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by baybeeboi: 10:23am On Dec 30, 2014
taharqa:
I am reali SHOCK to my bones that this 'report' was allowd to get publishd in Vanguard and then smhow found its way to NL's Frontpage. Is it that d Editors and Mods of these 2 organisations are such unbelievable IJIOOTS?? Not only that, the article also said that d President paid an average of bout #1.5M as tax every year for 3 yrs, yet smhow by sm esoteric mathematics that amountd to over #600M in those 3 yrs!!! Na when GEJ become company??....#SHAME

in Jennifer lopezs' voice ''I can only help u wonder''

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 30, 2014
Nig. Must b rescued from kleptos b4 it bleed to death! #vote change!
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by mustymatic(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
Make hm chop their money.... till they create another Boko Haram in the other parts of the country, by then I'll say GEJ till eternity too
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by biafranqueen: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
manutdadex:
abeg u get brain! I was expectin APshit to use dis as one of their agenda(i.e cuttin salaries) but they wont because dem self one collect d same amount or even more! ApC cant bring d change we need, nt dem! Only us can change things!
Calm down no need for insults, show class ok. GEJ did not start these huge salaries, but he is the one letting us know what is going on, we the people must demand the law makers to amend it. Please let us discuss progress for real, not emotional outburst, thanks in advance and Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by fairheven: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
And yet they can't pay civil servants their entitlement...as part of the austerity measures,how much is he letting go or they keep telling us to tighten our belts while they keep feeding fart?
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Omooba77: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
decode55:
& so?

How much do our senators collect?

APC & their useless propaganda undecided

best president EVER!

GEJ till 2019 cool cool
Let APC governors declare their earnings and how much they pay Burdillion king.........Till then GEJ has my VOTE!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by franksam2009: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2014
you guys should shut d 4uk up, thats the normal salary they pay Nigerian President for generations, will his turn be different? even the senators earn more than the president

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 30, 2014
prettyboi1989:

C ehn d country aint broke. So far some set of individuals keep stealing nigeria's money in huge sums, there's still money until there's no money to steal again. If they wana start their austerity measures they shud cut all the salaries of the politician's in nigeria by half.

The country is BROKE.

Infact, the thing wey dey pain me pass about this corruption in high places is that they are stealing despite the fact that the country is broke.

Nigeria is dependent on oil. Oil prices are like a person with heart disease....calm one minute....breathless and downhill the next. As I said in the post you responded to.....Nigeria needs oil prices to be at $126 per barrel to meet our fiscal responsibilities. Right now...it is at $59 and dropping. And it is going to drop further....what with the new sources of oil being developed everywhere.....including countries that used to be our biggest buyers. Few weeks ago....Putin of Russia was regretting that he did not diversify russia's economy from oil (and russia is a disgraceful example...they have the stuff they need to become the industrial power the Soviet Union was...but they relied on oil. Now....it is hitting them hard).

Nigeria is broke. I won''t be surprised if politicians money begins to fall from next year....if it does not....the govt would be in trobule. But,.....we don't just need to cut the fat salaries of the VIP's. We need to urgently diversify our economy from oil into industries...the same way South Korea.(that was behind most West African countries in the year 1960) did. But the problem with an industrial economy is that it takes time to see the benefit (The Samsung you use .....in the late 80's it was a useless product. Today,it is a global brand).whereas oil.....the cash flows almost immediately....which is why many oil producers do not diverisfy....even when they have to (Norway is an exception).

In summary....we need more than just cutting politican salaries....we need to diversify our economy....or else....what happened in 1983 may repeat itself....and God knows...I don't want to go down that road again....
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by lacreamieboie(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2014
So what should we do? go n collect it back abegi...

Meanwhile, I need to go tell my Dad that his car tyres are touching the ground!
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by cassysmallz(m): 10:31am On Dec 30, 2014
A pure Marxist will see this as waste of resource; this could have been used to atleast tackle electricity and some road projects.

Sacrificial leadership that's what we want know. I don't care how old a leader is, if he/she can stabilise our economy then he/she has my vote.

Some people clamouring for a youthful president should shelve that idea for now as Nigeria is too unripe for such, we need to put things in order first before such a young leader can be giving such an opportunity to govern, else we will end up springing out a Kim Jon I'll (North Korean President) in our midst.

My take is that a formidable anti-corruption mechanism be put in place first before a new Nigeria can be built.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by manutdadex(m): 10:33am On Dec 30, 2014
biafranqueen:
Calm down no need for insults, show class ok. GEJ did not start these huge salaries, but he is the one letting us know what is going on, we the people must demand the law makers to amend it. Please let us discuss progress for real, not emotional outburst, thanks in advance and Happy New Year.
u shid calm down and read my post again! Plz

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by gentle20(m): 10:34am On Dec 30, 2014
oh my president so u have so much and still demanding for more to sponsor your campaigns and i still pity those proteges who will keep campaigning for these aspirants -GOD help Nigeria
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Whizpeter(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2014
frustratedman:
All this money spent and nothing to show as his achievements?

Vote Gmb for the desired change

buhari till 2019 Infinity

Sai Buhari

Fixed!!!!!
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by major466(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2014
biafranqueen:
I am so proud of him he did not start this salary stuff, since he has exposed it he can work wit law makers to change it. No other President has been so transparent in Nigeria's history. Now that we know what are we going to do about it?
The next line of action is to reduce government expenses especially the expenses of the National Assembly. But in all, the biggest solution to this quackmire is True Federalism.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2014
likeseriously:
GEJ does not deserve to be a local government chairman at all. He is nothing but a dumb failure who has failed the North, East, South and West. I wish we have a good alterntive to him than this Buhari of a man whose antecedents do not mean well for Nigeria.
Now Buhari's supporters online and offline are busy making and fabricating excuses for him on any issue whatsoever. They are all blind to his faults all because they are deluded to believe he is the 'Change' they need. They forgot so soon that this is a repetition of what happened in 2011 with GEJ. Everyone waas praising GEJ then and no one wanted to point their searchlight on GEJ's capacity, they were blind to it and now see what that has caused us-having an inept man on seat for 6 years; TUFIAKWA!!!.
Now Buhri's own has started again, everyone is shong Sai Buhari and none of his supporters have asked Buhari to tell them in concrete terms how he intends to change Nigeria instead of making sweeping statements that he will provide job, build roads, etc.

I am for good governance and I pity Nigeria. You ewarriors especially Barcanista, Omenka, Berem, Obiagelli and GEJ's supporters such as TemiTemi do not mean well for Nigerians.
O ga eme unu vam!!! n'anya. undecided
Madam you are speaking from both side of your mouth.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Omooba77: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2014
quote author=biafranqueen post=29330283]I am so proud

of him he did not start this salary stuff, since he has exposed it he can work wit law makers to change it. No other President has been so transparent in Nigeria's history. Now that we know what are we going to do about it?[/quote]
You are very right............
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by stonemind(f): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2014
goryorhal:

Ain't you guys tired of this shit ? Smh
Na this una clueless president take start e madness ...
I just pity you

Hmmmm busy body.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by rman: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2014
Revolution:
The document showed that the president yearly salary stands at N14, 410, 290. 48 yearly.
N14, 410, 290. 48 x 3 = N43,230,871.44 (N43 Million)

Therefore, the title of the article. It should be N43 Million not N4.3 Billion, unless Jonathan don do magic with mathematics

Thank You!

I am surprised everyone missed this obvious flaw.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by LewisO: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2014
fpeter:
Fire from heaven, roast these people one by one
There is no fire in heaven that roast people, only in hell!!! grin
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The country is BROKE.

Infact, the thing wey dey pain me pass about this corruption in high places is that they are stealing despite the fact that the country is broke.

Nigeria is dependent on oil. Oil prices are like a person with heart disease....calm one minute....breathless and downhill the next. As I said in the post you responded to.....Nigeria needs oil prices to be at $126 per barrel to meet our fiscal responsibilities. Right now...it is at $59 and dropping. And it is going to drop further....what with the new sources of oil being developed everywhere.....including countries that used to be our biggest buyers. Few weeks ago....Putin of Russia was regretting that he did not diversify russia's economy from oil (and russia is a disgraceful example...they have the stuff they need to become the industrial power the Soviet Union was...but they relied on oil. Now....it is hitting them hard).

Nigeria is broke. I won''t be surprised if politicians money begins to fall from next year....if it does not....the govt would be in trobule. But,.....we don't just need to cut the fat salaries of the VIP's. We need to urgently diversify our economy from oil into industries...the same way South Korea.(that was behind most West African countries in the year 1960) did. But the problem with an industrial economy is that it takes time to see the benefit (The Samsung you use .....in the late 80's it was a useless product. Today,it is a global brand).whereas oil.....the cash flows almost immediately....which is why many oil producers do not diverisfy....even when they have to (Norway is an exception).

In summary....we need more than just cutting politican salaries....we need to diversify our economy....or else....what happened in 1983 may repeat itself....and God knows...I don't want to go down that road again....
Well well well, I believe the govt is making huge sums from aviation and maritime sector. The income derived from taxes imposed on imported goods can do a lot in this economy. Then internally generated revenue from taxes on individuals and companies. If these monies are properly recoreded in the books we shouldn't av any financial crisis in nigeria. Let's also look at the telecom's sector. The problem with nigeria is mismanagement of funds. Nigeria has good sources of income but the major profits don't get recorded, they are usually siphoned. That's y some keep getting richer at the expense of the development of the country.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by eazysmiles: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2014
[size=15pt]2011: If I Can’t Improve Power In Four Years I Am Useless, Don’t Waste Your Vote on Me For Another Four – Jonathan[/size]

Read more: http://newsrescue.com/2011-cant-improve-power-four-years-useless-dont-waste-vote-another-four-jonathan/#ixzz3NN9nPxnr
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by biafranqueen: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2014
major466:

The next line of action is to reduce government expenses especially the expenses of the National Assembly. But in all, the biggest solution to this quackmire is True Federalism.
I agree 100% with True Federalism, we the people are the only ones that can change that. The youth need to start a powerful political action committee for True Federalism, we are the change we seek.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by dguyindcorner(m): 10:40am On Dec 30, 2014
decode55:

hope you chained your dad with strong chains so he won't start roaming grin grin

I don't exchange words with kid.
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by netinformat(f): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2014
Hmm,,,,i see " stealing is not corruption " cry
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by Embosman: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2014
woodcook:
who see my babe?
she just commot
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by biafranqueen: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2014
manutdadex:
u shid calm down and read my post again! Plz
okay I did now, but that abeg you get brain just blocked the rest of the message. We have to learn to discuss with decorum, you know small sense grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by anonimi: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2014
biafranqueen:

This is what many daft followers of the pretending A-Looter old soldier pensioner do not want to appreciate since they are unable to even understand what the issues are really.

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan along with his Vice, Arch. Namadi Sambo are steadily putting in place better systems for enhanced TRANSPARENCY that is reducing corruption in a SUSTAINABLE manner.

International bodies have noticed the good trend and are acknowledging with diligently gathered data over several years =>

Nigeria records best ranking in four years on Transparency International’s corruption index
December 03 2014

Nigeria has recorded its best ranking on Transparency International’s corruption perception index (CPI) under President Goodluck Jonathan. In the latest report by TI, Nigeria is ranked the 136th out of the 175 surveyed. Nigeria was ranked 144th in 2013, 139th in 2012 and 143rd in 2011 ─ with the 2014 position bettering that of 2013 by eight places.

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-improves-ti-corruption-index | TheCable

This from another international institution recognising the IMPROVEMENT in our anti-corruption systems =>

Nigeria Lost $7.92bn To Corruption In One Year
Dec 17, 2014

A total of $7.92billion in illicit capital flowed of out Nigeria in 2012, according to the latest report released by the US-based non-profit research and advisory organisation, Global Financial Integrity (GFI).

For the year 2012, only Nigeria and South Africa are the two African countries ranked in the top 20 countries for illicit financial outflows. Nigeria was ranked 17th behind South Africa, which ranks 9th with cumulative illicit financial outflows of $29.13 in 2012.

According to the report, "Illicit Financial Flows from Developing Countries: 2003-2012," emerging economies lost a whopping $991.2billion in facilitating crime, corruption and tax evasion.

However, in the 10-year period between 2003 and 2012, Nigeria was ranked 10th with a cumulative of $157.46billion.

More from: http://leadership.ng/news/395733/nigeria-lost-7-92bn-corruption-one-year

Before the usual suspects start jumping around excitedly like swinging monkeys in the jungle, they should read the highlighted detail.

It shows the average for the 10 year period (2002-2012) is $15.746bn. Thus the amount of $7.92bn for 2012 alone is a REMARKABLE improvement in the statistics as it cuts the average outflow by more than HALF

The scientific duo of Jonathan/Sambo steadily making our country better again.
Let us support the winning team!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by wazobiaN9(m): 10:46am On Dec 30, 2014
Firefire:

Thank you GEJ for paying your dues to the government in taxes...

Hey, you behind the wrapper!

You have copied and pasted this particular comment in several different topics...

I strongly doubt that you care about the future generation with all ths money una dey share.

Don't forget that diaris God o...
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by ernieboy(m): 10:49am On Dec 30, 2014
franksam2009:
you guys should shut d 4uk up, thats the normal salary they pay Nigerian President for generations, will his turn be different? even the senators earn more than the president
senators earn more than the pres.? Where y 4 c dat one? Pls stop peddling rumours,
Re: President Jonathan Made N43m And Paid N6.26m Tax In 3 Years by wazobiaN9(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2014
decode55:
& so?

How much do our senators collect?

APC & their useless propaganda undecided

best president EVER!

GEJ till 2019 cool cool

Your future generation will seek to erase memories of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? / Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission / Senate Threatens To Issue Arrest Warrant For Lai Mohammed, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.