Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

#We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds (5165 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Seun What Are The Steps U Are Taking 2 Manage Christians And Muslims In 1 Place? / Those Who Have Ears To Hear And Minds To Understand, Let Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by lepasharon(f): 12:37am On Dec 31, 2014
#WeAreTakingBackOurBrainsAndMinds
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:28am On Dec 31, 2014
Haven't you discussed this before and the xtians told you they'd rather die than use their brain?
https://www.nairaland.com/1260566/permission-use-brains-o-man

Looks like you recycle the same topic every year trying to pose as "xtian intellectual" (an oxymoron) but end up showing your incapability to reason beyond a few set topics.

Leave xtianity and come fully to Satan if you really want to broaden your knowledge.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by lepasharon(f): 3:21am On Dec 31, 2014
smiley

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Help me ask the people's freedom fighter who wants to take people's mind from mere elements and charlatans to the devil himself. From no tithe to no hell nor heaven, from wisdom embedded in scriptures to errant knowledge from the world and from a natural mind; from the Word of God which he sees as partially true to the unsure word of Frosbel.

If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all. Sit down, reason, sit down, thoughts, and let FAITH rise up….Romans 10:17…

Lol, don't mind the deluded fellow, using his brain to discredit the virgin birth is also one of his follies. May God help the elect, we are in the latter times indeed.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by PastorKun(m): 6:27am On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

hmm, will have to be with a new untraceable account smiley

grin grin grin
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by honourhim: 7:18am On Dec 31, 2014
Though I agree with some of the things you said here but I would say If God approves of this campaign then let it prosper but if not, then let it not prosper.

Young people can easily abuse something so when you are telling them to take back their brain(whatever that means), be sure that a good number of them will take back their brain and give it to the devil consciously or uncconsciously. For you as an adult it might be easier for you to control your brain from tilting totally to the devil's corner but you can't say the same for these young ones.

You still need to think deep about this your campaign so as not to create something that will have grave consequences in the lives of these young ones in future. Don't be surprise if this campaign degenerates to what you ll regret about in future. Prof Wole Soyinka establisblished cultism in the university in his time with good intention but today you and I knows what this has degenerated into so pls be careful. Think and think again bro.

1 Like

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by nora544: 9:19am On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:
I am directing this letter primarily to our young ones, the undergraduates, fresh graduates and even youth corpers or those into their first employment. Also for the secondary school students if any exist here.

Dear Brethren,

You were born with one of the most wondrous and miraculous gifts that cannot be rivaled in the whole universe. This gift is your mind to think and brain to reason. This is what sets you apart from other creatures, it is what makes you conscious and able to decipher fact from fallacy and truth from lie.

God gave you these gifts because he wants you to be like him, i.e in his image. He wants you to be free, to create, invent, excel and overcome. He wants you to rule and to dominate, to help and to succour. God gave you these gifts to carry out his eternal, precious and blissful purposes right here on earth.

And then they came, those who belong to the evil one. They envied these gifts God gave you , they envied your freedom and hated your independence, they invented plans to bring you into mental slavery, to make you incapable of independent thought and reason, to cage your minds like a bird and make your brain a decorative component, totally useless like a Zombie.

"....some false believers had infiltrated our ranks to spy on the freedom we have in Christ Jesus and to make us slaves." - Galatians 2:4

"..We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said."- Acts 15:24

These men of darkness started to gradually whisper lies into your ears, they told you things that were contrary to the nature and purpose of that great and mighty God , they troubled your minds with myth and fable. Then they put the fear of their 'god ' into you by preaching things contrary to the true and everlasting gospel of peace.

Then something terrible happened, so terrible it makes me want to yell, scream or even go positively mad ( if there was such a thing ) . You gave these men of darkness your brains and minds on a platter of Gold. You said to them, " here is my brain and my mind , take it, I don't need it any more, think for me, reason for me and I will be just fine ".

The greatest gift God gave to you was now in another man's possession ?? You now became like a dummy, unable to see reason in any logic now matter how reasonable it sounded. YOU deferred all matters of fate and faith to these men, the same ones who started to whisper lies into your minds.

Just when you thought your mind and brain was enough to appease these men of darkness, they came for more, in fact everything, they took also your time, money and even relationships. You became Theirs and no longer yours. They built empires and you were their slaves, labouring from dawn to dusk to fulfil the dreams of another man , to encourage the wickedness that these usurpers carried out against the one and true God.

Now brethren, it is time to TAKE YOUR MINDS BACK, twitter this all over the world, #WeAreTakingBackOurBrainsAnd Minds. Do it now. Challenge anything that you are not certain of, anything that does not make sense, anything that makes you sad , unhappy or miserable I say challenge it with the word of God, prayer and research, this is why God gave you a brain and a mind.

2015 is the year of #WeAreTakingBackOurBrainsAnd Minds, let the kingdoms of these usurpers and their adherents fall flat on it's face , let their income dry up, let their habitations be deserted and let my people be free.

We have had enough, we want joy , peace and happiness not superstition, fear and hate.

Thank you for reading.

Frosbel.

cheesy

10000000000 liks and I know the people will get back their brains, that is like God gave us scientist to search for new medicine and not praying and fasting that god will heal his peoples.

1 Like

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 31, 2014
Bidam:
Lol, don't mind the deluded fellow, using his brain to discredit the virgin birth is also one of his follies. May God help the elect, we are in the latter times indeed.

Bidam, it is not an easy task to go contrary to earlier held beliefs , but I stand on truth which is the narrow way and not myth which is the broad way and the comfort zone for most believers.

Thanks for reading wink
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi post=29353533]

Help me ask the people's freedom fighter who wants to take people's mind from mere elements and charlatans to the devil himself. From no tithe to no hell nor heaven, from wisdom embedded in scriptures to errant knowledge from the world and from a natural mind; from the Word of God which he sees as partially true to the unsure word of Frosbel.

Who does the mind belong to ??

A free mind is healthy and can make decisions based on true personality, motive and the Spirit of truth gentle nudges. That is why God is God because he is so loving, so kind and so patient that he NEVER overrides the will of man.

Yet false teachers and their cohorts think that the mind of our youngsters is there for the taking.

Don't let me use the wrong word this morning ooo cheesy

If I do not have a guide that is infallible, I will soon guide myself, for I will have to do so after all; I will have to be correcting the blunders of my guide perpetually, but I am not qualified to do that, and so I am worse off than if I didn’t have any guide at all. Sit down, reason, sit down, thoughts, and let FAITH rise up….Romans 10:17…

What happened to Jesus guiding and leading his flock, what happened to humble and altruistic shepherds in the body of Christ whose primary concern is for the welfare of the sheep and not to control them and fleece them for profit.

It is precisely because of false teachers like you that I raised this article.

Let me list a few of the heresies and doctrines of demons you teach to your 'poor' students ;

1. Limited atonement - Jesus did not die for all men
2. Original sin - we were sinful at birth even before we knew to do right or wrong
3. Even babies can go to hell based on the concept of original sin
4. Predestination - only a few elect have been predestined from the foundation of the world to be saved,the rest cannot be saved because they are not part of this elect.
5. Irrespective of these points, God will torment all the lost in an everlasting red hot oven for eternity to eternity.

If this your doctrine is not direct from Satan himself then Satan does not exist. !
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:
Who does the mind belong to ??

A free mind is healthy and can make decisions based on true personality, motive and the Spirit of truth gentle nudges. That is why God is God because he is so loving, so kind and so patient that he NEVER overrides the will of man.

Yet false teachers and their cohorts think that the mind of our youngsters is there for the taking.

Don't let me use the wrong word this morning ooo

This is the premise where your error stem from...

First, there is nothing like a free mind, you either influenced by the devil or by God- no middle ground.

Secondly, there is nothing like 'my will' for a christian, it is all about God's will as inscribed in the Holy scripture. Man's free will is the same as evil, devilish. It completely negate God's will.

Moreover, what you call freewill is man's default setting controlled by the wisdom of the world.(devil)

frosbel:
What happened to Jesus guiding and leading his flock, what happened to humble and altruistic shepherds in the body of Christ whose primary concern is for the welfare of the sheep and not to control them and fleece them for profit.

Don't just talk/write for the sake of it.. Welfare is never and can never be the primary assignment or concern of anyone sent by God.

I really don't understand your resentment but you are getting worked up over what you were not sent to do by God. You make matters worse when you try to pull people away from the stronghold of false teachers, not to the bible but to a place where they will figure out right and wrong from a mind that is evil by default.

If you are really doing this for the love of God and not by egoistic, emotional and moral compulsion, you will address issues the way the bible clearly instruct believers to.

frosbel:
is precisely because of false teachers like you that I raised this article.

Let me list a few of the heresies and doctrines of demons you teach to your 'poor' students ;

1. Limited atonement - Jesus did not die for all men
2. Original sin - we were sinful at birth even before we knew to do right or wrong
3. Even babies can go to hell based on the concept of original sin
4. Predestination - only a few elect have been predestined from the foundation of the world to be saved,the rest cannot be saved because they are not part of this elect.
5. Irrespective of these points, God will torment all the lost in an everlasting red hot oven for eternity to eternity.

If this your doctrine is not direct from Satan himself then Satan does not exist.
Lol

1)Well, on the contrary I believe He died for everyone, with a caveat that we must believe He paid the sacrifice of sin and death in full to partake of the free gift of salvation.

2) All have sinned..none is righteous.. none is good. I don't know how you miss something so elementary as this, I guess your heart can't just comprehend so many of these things. Like Jesus tells His disciple I will tell you- If you do not become like a child, debunking all worldly ideas and holding unto God's word you will never see the light of God's word.

3) Babies were born in sin - Psalm 51:5

New Living Translation
For I was born a sinner--yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.

English Standard Version
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me

Does this mean they go to hell before theatre of accountability where they make choices? No.

We know this through scripture when David said He will go to his son but his son can't come back to him.

4)Check the word 'called' all through your bible, you will realise no man chooses God, rather it is God who choose man according to His sovereign will.

God says 'Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you'. Man will never choose God, it wouldn't even appeal or sound right to man.. The gospel of Christ will be as complete foolishness if God does not call or wake up a spiritually dead man sleepwalking through the earth in his conceited wisdom.

5)Hell.. You argument of hell cannot stand scriptural fidelity my friend.

Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

There is certainly a place for all that are disobedient. It is a place of agony and despair, you better cut your leg if it will be as a stumbling stone for you to partake in God's glory. Eyes have not seen and ears have not heard, neither can heart comprehend what is reserved for all who will be fully adopted in the the of Christ. I have a goodness for you, you don't need to pluck an eye or cut a leg, just believe in Christ and you shall be part of God's eternal glory.

ANYMORE!!!
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
^^

I will address this shortly and quote verse by verse to debunk your wishful thinking.

wink
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
^^^ok
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

This is the premise where your error stem from...

First, there is nothing like a free mind, you either influenced by the devil or by God- no middle ground.

Secondly, there is nothing like 'my will' for a christian, it is all about God's will as inscribed in the Holy scripture. Man's free will is the same as evil, devilish. It completely negate God's will.

Moreover, what you call freewill is man's default setting controlled by the wisdom of the world.(devil)

Bros, we are human beings before religion. Christianity is not do or die.

Take it easy now.

1 Like

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by ololololo: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
@frosbel, I'm with you on this one.
#wearetakingbackourbrainsandmind#

while we're on it,I wouldn't mind taking bidam's brain too. he clearly has no use for it

2 Likes

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Gombs(m): 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:
Seun, kindly allow this article make the FP to emancipate our people before 2015.

smiley

[size=40pt]Why?[/size]

Go siddon jare
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 5:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

Bros, we are human beings before religion. Christianity is not do or die.

Take it easy now.

My brother, there is no coercion from God for us to do things His way and it is definitely not a 'do or die affair'. However, we must state the disparity between 'man's will' and 'God's will'. We have our complete volition and choice to choose what influence our every day actions- 'SELF or GOD' . The New Testament is presented in such a way that you have to love God for who He is and not for the fear of being punished or a superficial love for lustful gains.

I understand very well that I am human first, more reason why I know I am limited in what I know, what I will ever know about myself and the purpose for which I was created. I understand very well that I am human so I know I need a guide that sees beyond the capability of my senses.

I understand I am human so I don't act as though I am in control when truly I am not in complete control of my future. I am so prone to mistakes that my middle name should be 'mistake'.

I understand I am human so I know to submit myself to one who has all the wisdom that travels beyond the 100+ or - years I will be privileged to live in a fading world.

My humanness proves to me that I can't please God, it proves to me that I need something beyond 'self' to please Him. That is why I embrace the free salvation that comes through the mercy of God by Jesus Christ. My only fault is that I didn't take God's gift of salvation just to run along and be enslaved by 'self' all over again. As much as I can I try to reduce the propelling influence of 'self' for the influence of the Word of God that transforms me from within.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother, there is no coercion from God for us to do things His way and it is definitely not a 'do or die affair'. However, we must state the disparity between 'man's will' and 'God's will'. We have our complete volition and choice to choose what influence our every day actions- 'SELF or GOD' . The New Testament is presented in such a way that you have to love God for who He is and not for the fear of being punished or a superficial love for lustful gains.

I understand very well that I am human first, more reason why I know I am limited in what I know, what I will ever know about myself and the purpose for which I was created. I understand very well that I am human so I know I need a guide that sees beyond the capability of my senses.

I understand I am human so I don't act as though I am in control when truly I am not in complete control of my future. I am so prone to mistakes that my middle name should be 'mistake'.

I understand I am human so I know to submit myself to one who has all the wisdom that travels beyond the 100+ or - years I will be privileged to live in a fading world.

My humanness proves to me that I can't please God, it proves to me that I need something beyond 'self' to please Him. That is why I embrace the free salvation that comes through the mercy of God by Jesus Christ. My only fault is that I didn't take God's gift of salvation just to run along and be enslaved by 'self' all over again. As much as I can I try to reduce the propelling influence of 'self' for the influence of the Word of God that transforms me from within.

You follow a version of Christianity that indulges in self hate. You see your humanity as something that is weak and easily misguided.

The christianity that I follow is about love and a personal relationship with God.

God gave us brains. We are not dogs that follow masters (pastors) blindly.

Remember that it is a personal relationship with God. your ways might not be Frosbel's way to God.

The law was made for man and not man made for the law.

3 Likes

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by PastorKun(m): 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gombs:

[size=40pt]Why?[/size]

Go siddon jare

He dey pain you? tongue

1 Like

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by PastorKun(m): 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
ololololo:

while we're on it, I wouldn't mind taking bidam's brain too. he clearly has no use for it

The bolded is so true grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Wow !!

You said ; there is nothing like a free mind and hence free will , are you for real ? So God created Zombies ? Which part of " God made Man in his own image " do you not understand ?

So why do we have injunctions all over the bible to make the right choices such as ;

".... I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and you children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

"Yet they say to God, 'Leave us alone! We have no desire to know your ways" - Job 21:14

"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh..." - Galatians 5:13

Question ; Do the underlined statements suggest a people who have no free will to choose

Correction ; Man's will is not the same as Satan's will. Satan is an independent creature just like Man and they both posses free will . But we could argue that MAN's will does from time to time come under the influence of evil temptations. In this instance , it is the responsibility of the individual to overcome the temptation which is an act of the will. And don't tell me that only Christian's overcome temptation because Muslims, atheists and non-Christians do also overcome temptation.

Don't just talk/write for the sake of it.. Welfare is never and can never be the primary assignment or concern of anyone sent by God.

Once again you preach a harsh doctrine which has nothing to do with the Spirit of Christ but the vain imaginations of anti-christs.

Here are some verses to debunk your statement ;

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." - 3 John 1:2

"They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need" - Acts 2:45

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

"All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along." - Galatians 2:10

Again with these scriptures I totally debunk your stance on welfare for all men.

God is concerned with all our needs both physical and spiritual.
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33

I really don't understand your resentment but you are getting worked up over what you were not sent to do by God.

You make matters worse when you try to pull people away from the stronghold of false teachers, not to the bible but to a

place where they will figure out right and wrong from a mind that is evil by default.

1. I am not getting worked up, rather it is you who is trolling me all over the forum because you are irked that I dared to challenge the norms of the false establishment called church.
2. Yes, we must pull these precious ones away from the satanic grip of false teachers who are now in the majority.
3. As you know I have posted quite a few scripture that are good for advice, encouragement, education and revelation, so not sure what you are talking about.

If you are really doing this for the love of God and not by egoistic, emotional and moral compulsion, you will address issues the way the bible clearly instruct believers to.

And how does the bible clearly instruct believers ? Why then are your doctrines so plagued with serious and wicked errors ?
? Shall we listen to you rather than scripture.

The scripture clearly teaches us to test all things, to examine the scriptures to search the scriptures. There is nowhere in the bible where we are admonished to believe by blind 'follow follow faith' , nowhere !!

"but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good." - 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said." - 1 Corinthians 14:29

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true." - Acts 17:11

1)Well, on the contrary I believe He died for everyone, with a caveat that we must believe He paid the sacrifice of sin and death in full to partake of the free gift of salvation.

Wrong again. Can you show me one verse where Jesus said we must believe he paid the sacrifice of sin and death for us to partake the gift of salvation.

Let's see how the apostles debunk your myths ;

"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9

"..and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." - Acts 16:30-32

2) All have sinned..none is righteous.. none is good. I don't know how you miss something so elementary as this, I

guess your heart can't just comprehend so many of these things. Like Jesus tells His disciple I will tell you- If you do

not become like a child, debunking all worldly ideas and holding unto God's word you will never see the light of God's

word.

You call your knack to twist scripture elementary , nay it is most deceptive, be careful of seducing spirits.

3) Babies were born in sin - Psalm 51:5

New Living Translation
For I was born a sinner--yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.

English Standard Version
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me

Does this mean they go to hell before theatre of accountability where they make choices? No.

We know this through scripture when David said He will go to his son but his son can't come back to him.

Stop throwing dogma at me Pal.

He was not born a sinner, he was brought forth by a sinful mother or rather in a sinful flesh/nature which does not = being a sinner.
Sin is an act , do you agree ?

"before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right," - Isaiah 7:16

"And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad--they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it." - Deuteronomy 1:39

"The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child." - Ezekiel 18:20

Further, the following scripture totally destroys your fallacy that a child can go to hell because of the sins of the parent or some inherent sinful nature ;

"Yet he did not put the children of the assassins to death, in accordance with what is written in the Book of the Law of Moses where the LORD commanded: "Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin." - 2 Kings 14:6

4)Check the word 'called' all through your bible, you will realise no man chooses God, rather it is God who choose man according to His sovereign will. God says 'Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you'. Man will never choose God, it wouldn't even appeal or sound right to man.. The gospel of Christ will be as complete foolishness if God does not call or wake up a spiritually dead man
sleepwalking through the earth in his conceited wisdom.

Hmm, sorry , Jesus chose the apostles but they also agreed to exercise their will and follow him, in other words they also chose Jesus.

If we are unable to choose by this daft logic of yours, they why is the bible littered all over with various admonishings to repent, believe, endure etc, I mean if we are incapable of choice then there will be no need to repent or to endure to the end or even draw back like Demas.

I think your problem is the fear of realising that you have believed falsehoods and the herculean decision to adjust your church/ministry accordingly , which might mean you lose students or disciples. Well I say it is better to preach the truth and have 1 student than preach orthodox myth and have 100 students. It is more blessed to please to than man.

5)Hell.. You argument of hell cannot stand scriptural fidelity my friend.Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.There is certainly a place for all that are disobedient. It is a place of agony and despair, you better cut your leg if it will be as a stumbling stone for you to partake in God's glory. Eyes have not seen and ears have not heard, neither can heart comprehend what is reserved for all who will be fully adopted in the the of Christ. I have a goodness for you, you don't need to pluck an eye or cut a leg, just believe in Christ and you shall be part of God's eternal glory.

1. Show me in the bible where there is an immediate HELL for those who supposedly die without Christ. I need more than 1 witness and 2 minimum in accordance with John 8:17.

2. Show me where eternal torment is preached by ANY of the Apostles of Christ including Paul all over the Bible.

3. If we take the Hell in Mark 9:44 as literal then we must also literally cut of our legs or hands when we sin and pluck out of eyes when we list, do you agree ? Or are you cherry picking which one is a metaphor and which one is literal ?

Waiting for your feedback...

3 Likes

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
ololololo:

while we're on it, I wouldn't mind taking bidam's brain too. he clearly has no use for it

I don't think I would accept Bidam's brain even if it was given to me free, lol. grin
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger:

You follow a version of Christianity that indulges in self hate. You see your humanity as something that is weak and easily misguided.

The christianity that I follow is about love and a personal relationship with God.

God gave us brains. We are not dogs that follow masters (pastors) blindly.

Remember that it is a personal relationship with God. your ways might not be Frosbel's way to God.

The law was made for man and not man made for the law.

Now, I will like to address that part where you say we must follow pastors blindly. No one called us to follow a pastor blindly, you must follow with scripture as the basis and the guide. Any thing outside scripture must be questioned in love and not rashly.

Jesus clearly states what He expects from us.

Mat 18:3
And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Children are those who do not have a mind of theirs, unlike adults who are formed and are probably stuck to a certain way of doing thing. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Jesus expects us to come as children if we must understand and come to the realisation of His message.

Apostle Paul puts it this way..Rom 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

We all have one way to God and it is through Christ by His Word...
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Children are those who do not have a mind of theirs, unlike adults who are formed and are probably stuck to a certain way of doing thing. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Jesus expects us to come as children if we must understand and come to the realisation of His message.

[size=13pt]This baby said " I wonder" , to the bolded statement made by shdemidemi.[/size]

vvvv

[img]http://2.bp..com/-Tq_rQqRxw8A/USmkM9ZzUII/AAAAAAAAAIM/R5UUbXM9f-M/s1600/puzzled+baby.jpg[/img]
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

Wow !!

You said ; there is nothing like a free mind and hence free will , are you for real ? So God created Zombies ? Which part of " God made Man in his own image " do you not understand ?

So why do we have injunctions all over the bible to make the right choices such as ;

".... I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and you children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

"Yet they say to God, 'Leave us alone! We have no desire to know your ways" - Job 21:14

"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh..." - Galatians 5:13

Question ; Do the underlined statements suggest a people who have no free will to choose

Yo see where your problem is! You have ignored all I said just to bring your own perspective from a completely different angle. This sort of argument never ends, does it? I imagine I just go and look for verses regardless of context to counter these ones, it will just be a show of who knows how to twist scripture the most.

You went to the book of Deuteronomy where God had a corollary effect for disobedience of His laws. If you disobey God's law at that time, you will be put to death or other grave punishment follow. Does it operate with us on that platform today? No. Today, He is saying to christians choose me, if you want- disobey if you choose, it does not add or take away from you.

Godliness is not a means to profane gain.

Job...

Do you even understand how much foolishness the people who came to mourn with Job alongside Job himself uttered in that book. Please read that book properly and avoid picking quotes from the foolish arguments they were having amongst themselves.

Galatian..

Paul was referring to freedom from the law and not a freedom from the bible or good teachers of the Word.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 6:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

b]Correction ;[/b] Man's will is not the same as Satan's will. Satan is an independent creature just like Man and they both posses free will . But we could argue that MAN's will does from time to time come under the influence of evil temptations. In this instance , it is the responsibility of the individual to overcome the temptation which is an act of the will. And don't tell me that only Christian's overcome temptation because Muslims, atheists and non-Christians do also overcome temptation.

You are sleep walking bro...

This is the portrait of man-
Jer 17:9
New Living Translation
"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

No matter how you choose to act it out, the bible sees your natural heart as evil.

Jesus' tone when addressing all men corroborate this truth-

Matt 7:11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

John 2:23 Because of the miraculous signs Jesus did in Jerusalem at the Passover celebration, many began to trust in him. 24 But Jesus didn’t trust them, because he knew all about people. 25 [size=22pt]No one needed to tell him about human nature,[/size] for he knew what was in each person’s heart.

If only God can make us see what we harbour in our heart sometimes, we would kill each other. Forget the front, the natural heart of man is evil. That is why we need a refurbishment of our mind to think just as God will have us think and not as we will think no matter how right it seem to our moral senses.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Yo see where your problem is! You have ignored all I said just to bring your own perspective from a totally different perspective. This sort of argument never ends, does it? I imagine I just go and look for verses regardless of context to counter these ones, it will just be a show of who knows how to twist scripture the most.

Sorry Sir, I did not ignore your statements, I know exactly know where you are coming from and it is definitely not about who knows scripture most.

You went to the book of Deuteronomy where God had a corollary effect for disobedience of His laws. If you disobey God's law at that time, you will be put to death or other grave punishment follow. Does it operate with us on that platform today? No. Today, He is saying to christians choose me, if you want- disobey if you choose, it does not add or take away from you.

Again you are dilly dallying with the truth.

Not every who sinned in times of antiquity died instantly, in fact the majority did not die. Go and digest the entire book of leviticus to understand what I mean and it's purpose.

God does not change , either today or tomorrow. Do not forget that in the early church the ONLY scripture they had was the Old testament and this is where Paul, Peter and co quoted from often times. The attempt to negate the OT as irrelevant in this argument is null and void.

Godliness is not a means to profane gain.

Yep, we agree on this one.

Job...

Do you even understand how much foolishness the people who came to mourn with Job alongside Job himself uttered in that book. Please read that book properly and avoid picking quotes from the foolish arguments they're having amongst themselves.

Galatian..

You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ..." - Galatians 5:13

Paul was referring to freedom from the law and not a freedom from the bible or good teachers of the Word.

Not entirely, he was re-emphasizing our freedom or free will 'in Christ' , which is why the following verse goes on to say ;
"But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh"

^^^^

Surely the above scripture is sufficient indication that we can use our will to choose to or not to indulge the flesh ?

Its all about choice my friend, and choice is an exercise of the will.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi post=29373891]

You are sleep walking bro...

This is the portrait of man-
Jer 17:9
New Living Translation
"The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?

No matter how you choose to act it out, the bible sees your natural heart as evil.

By inclination and not by action ...

What I mean is this , when the human mind is not exercised in righteousness or right acting , it will naturally be inclined to do evil or dwell on evil. It is not an automatic statement to suggest that the hearts of all men are evil , otherwise why did Jesus make this statement ;

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." - Matthew 12:35

Surely Jesus did not believe your myth that all men had evil hearts, no ?

If only God can make us see what we harbour in our heart sometimes, we would kill each other. Forget the front, the natural heart of man is evil. That is why we need a refurbishment of our mind to think just as God will have us think and not as we will think no matter how right it seem to our moral senses.

Again the human heart when not exercised in godly discipline and right acting is inclined to do evil. This is why children need good instruction and adults need sound godly counselling.

But, not all men have evil hearts, this is the point I am trying to make.

And even evil men do not always dwell on evil thinking.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

Once again you preach a harsh doctrine which has nothing to do with the Spirit of Christ but the vain imaginations of anti-christs.

Really!!! It can't be as harsh as when professing Jesus was like signing a death warrant. Many were martyred for this same gospel you enjoy today and still refer to as harsh because God expects you to change your way of thinking. Don't worry, the world is going round that circle again where you can't dare tell anyone it is wrong to be gay. A time when a call to christianity would mean imprisonment, then you will realise how tough the gospel of God really is.

frosbel:
[/quote]"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." - 3 John 1:2

"They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need" - Acts 2:45

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." - Matthew 19:21

"All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along." - Galatians 2:10

Again with these scriptures I totally debunk your stance on welfare for all men.

God is concerned with all our needs both physical and spiritual.
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33

In your mind now, this is the primary reason for the death of Christ or the reason why we have teachers in the church. Can you just not gloss over things, the bible calls what you would like to call God's primary assignment "things".

Seek God first and all those things(frivolities) will be added.

That in it self does not even mean money will miraculously show up because you seek God. Those 'things' can come in relative forms according to God's sovereign will.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
shdemidemi:

Really!!! It can't be as harsh as when professing Jesus was like signing a death warrant. Many were martyred for this same gospel you enjoy today and still refer to as harsh because God expects you to change your way of thinking. Don't worry, the world is going round that circle again where you can't dare tell anyone it is wrong to be gay. A time when a call to christianity would mean imprisonment, then you will realise how tough the gospel of God really is.

The Gospel is a Gospel of LOVE first and fore mostly !

Men were martyred by the religious orthodox leaders and their followers of that era. Jesus came to tear apart their harsh, wicked and evil doctrine that was placing burdens , guilt and shame on his people. This severely affected the religious status quo and threatened the goals and objectives of the leaders, so they killed Jesus.

It is therefore no surprise that the followers of Jesus who preached the same doctrine were also killed.

Can I also tell you that people like me would have been hung or burnt at the stake for daring to challenge the position of orthodoxy, or did Martin Luther not run for his life when he challenged the status quo of his day or was William Tyndale was strangled to death for challenging the catholic church , what about John Calvin who ensured his good friend Michael Servetus was burnt at the stake with slow burning green wood for daring to challenge the Trinity myth. [size=13pt]Do you agree that all these people and thousands of others were martyrs ?[/size]

I suggest you take out some time to read Matthew chapter 5, a very soothing scripture from God.

"Jesus replied, "And you experts in the law, woe to you, because you load people down with burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not lift one finger to help them." - Luke 11:46

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

In your mind now, this is the primary reason for the death of Christ or the reason why we have teachers in the church. Can you just not gloss over things, the bible calls what you would like to call God's primary assignment "things"

Jesus's primary purpose was to set the people free, go read Isaiah 61:1-3 .

It was and still always about LOVE , it was NEVER about FORCING people to believe a set of doctrines about JESUS, it was about JESUS himself and his coming to show us the way to the FATHER for the FATHER'S heart is filled and overflowing with LOVE for all humanity not just Christians.

Quit these strange , harsh doctrines of demons.

Seek God first and all those things(frivolities) will be added.

Jesus did not see it like that. In fact , he was concerned for the welfare ( housing, feeding etc ) of his people so much that he told the rich to sell all they had and give to the poor. His disciples carried this out act of love as a pattern of life in the early days of the church.

Welfare was very important on God's minds.

That in it self does not even mean money will miraculously show up because you seek God. Those 'things' can come in relative forms according to God's sovereign will.

Straw man and dead in the water argument !

Big difference between welfare and greed, so read 1 John 3:17.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:
By inclination and not by action ...

What I mean is this , when the human mind is not exercised in righteousness or right acting , it will naturally be inclined to do evil or dwell on evil. It is not an automatic statement to suggest that the hearts of all men are evil , otherwise why did Jesus make this statement ;

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him." - Matthew 12:35

Surely Jesus did not believe your myth that all men had evil hearts, no ?

Now, can you show me one man who is good?

The only good shepherd is Jesus, and the only one good is God.

Nobody else is good whether by inclination or by deeds. Your best deeds is accounted as a woman's used menstrual pad in the sight of God...FILTHY. The sooner you admit how bad God really sees you and the enmity between you and God, the better you will embrace the gift of Christ.

King James Bible
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

NB righteous means right standing with God.
Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by shdemidemi(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
frosbel:

Not entirely, he was re-emphasizing our freedom or free will 'in Christ' , which is why the following verse goes on to say ;
"But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh"

^^^^

Surely the above scripture is sufficient indication that we can use our will to choose to or not to indulge the flesh ?

Its all about choice my friend, and choice is an exercise of the will.

Do you know another word for flesh is 'self'?

All Paul is saying is don't let 'self' take control of you. Subdue 'self', mortify 'self', be in control of 'self' by the wisdom that comes from the Word.

Your senses, your body, your thought process, your eyes, hand are all members of the flesh that need to be subdued because they are evil by nature.
2 cor 10
New Living Translation
We use God's mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, [size=32pt]to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning[/size] and to destroy false arguments.

If we don't break down the stronghold of our natural human reasoning by the word of God(God's weapon), it will be impossible to discern the righteous nature and mind of God.

1 Like

Re: #We Are Taking Back Our Brains And Minds by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
[quote author=shdemidemi post=29374599]

Now, can you show me one man who is good?

The only good shepherd is Jesus, and the only one good is God.

Hmm, not really, Jesus never called himself good by the way, lol.

Here is what he said and meant :

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." - Mark 10:18

So even Jesus admitted he was not good in comparison to GOD.

God definitely considered loads of people as righteous even though they did not measure up to his own goodness, try and spot the difference !!

Examples ;

"The righteous person may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all" - Psalm 34:19

"and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless" - 2 Peter 2:7

"In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil." - Job 1:1

Nobody else is good whether by inclination or by deeds. Your best deeds is accounted as a woman's used menstrual pad in the sight of God...FILTHY. The sooner you admit how bad God really sees you and the enmity between you and God, the better you will embrace the gift of Christ.

Already debunked as per my comment above.

King James Bible
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one

i.e when measured with God's absolute goodness or perfection , which is why we are all enjoined and encouraged to walk unto perfection and be perfect as God is perfect/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Christ Didn’t Exist, Why Do We Measure Time In Bc And Ad? / See The T-shirt I Wore That My Pastor Is....... (pic) / My Fear For Pentecostalism. . .will She Last?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.