Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training (1592 Views)

[FREE PMP Training Videos] The Best Time To Take Advantage Is Now / Offshore Engineering Or Safety Engineering Which Should I Go For? / How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 12:26am On Dec 31, 2014
Good day house,

Pls house, I am a youth corp member presently serving in ilorin. I want to find out about how to go about PMP training the cost and lectures and how am going to go about it in order to have a valid PMP certificate with the recent syllabus as well as recognized by PMI.

Thanks.
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 7:12am On Dec 31, 2014
How many projects have you been involved with

How many hours
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 9:05am On Dec 31, 2014
pickabeau1:
How many projects have you been involved with

How many hours

What type of project are we taling about ?

and do internships, final year project and Industrial attachment related project count too.
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 9:28am On Dec 31, 2014
temi4fash:

What type of project are we taling about ?

and do internships, final year project and Industrial attachment related project count too.

Any project

Civil
Systems
SAP implementation

Not thesis projects
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 10:39am On Dec 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

Any project

Civil
Systems
SAP implementation

Not thesis projects

I was involved in a project during my industrial training was involved in it for about 5 months though the project lasted for more than 8 months. And also did an internship wirh a engineering consulting firm and was involved in the construction of a housing estate for abt 6 months too..
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2014
temi4fash:

I was involved in a project during my industrial training was involved in it for about 5 months though the project lasted for more than 8 months. And also did an internship wirh a engineering consulting firm and was involved in the construction of a housing estate for abt 6 months too..

Good

Get the details of the project
Your specific duties and the scale of the project
Your supervisors too will need to confirm all this

You will need it when you need to attest after you pass the exam

Have you visited the website
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

Good

Get the details of the project
Your specific duties and the scale of the project
Your supervisors too will need to confirm all this

You will need it when you need to attest after you pass the exam

Have you visited the website

Yes but was talking about online tutorials and the likes. Was thinking about finding a reputable place I can do it in nigeria..

Saw something about prince2 wats is that all about.

Thanks very much for the insight.
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
temi4fash:

Yes but was talking about online tutorials and the likes. Was thinking about finding a reputable place I can do it in nigeria..

Saw something about prince2 wats is that all about.

Thanks very much for the insight.

All these exams need evidence of relevant work or else its useless

What's your background

Get proficient with MS Project or Primavera
This is more market friendly
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 2:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
Prince2 is system implementation methodology in project management..

UK based

Not as prevalent as PMP.
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

All these exams need evidence of relevant work or else its useless

What's your background

Get proficient with MS Project or Primavera
This is more market friendly

My background is Elect Elect Engineering.

Evidence as in... Just wana do it to add to my CV..

Market friendly in what sense sir.
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by pickabeau1: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
temi4fash:

My background is Elect Elect Engineering.

Evidence as in... Just wana do it to add to my CV..

Market friendly in what sense sir.

Adding to your CV is good but without membership which can only come via experience, its limited

Market friendly is employability

Check the official web site

http://www.pmi.org/membership.aspx

However if you aim is just to pass and have something on ur CV

Just get the PMBOK and read dumps
Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by temi4fash(m): 10:17am On Jan 01, 2015
pickabeau1:

Adding to your CV is good but without membership which can only come via experience, its limited

Market friendly is employability

Check the official web site

http://www.pmi.org/membership.aspx

However if you aim is just to pass and have something on ur CV

Just get the PMBOK and read dumps

The site is going through maintenance now.. wuld check later..

Thanks and Happy new year

THanks

1 Like

Re: Where And How Do I Go About My PMP Training by OutofdboxPrjCns: 11:08am On Jan 26, 2015
@temi4fash

PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a widely used project management method that navigates you through all the essentials for running a successful project. PRINCE2® is a flexible method and is aimed at all types of projects.

You can take your certification exam with us - OutofDbox Project Consult.

PRINCE2® Foundation exam:
• Multiple choice format
• 75 questions per paper
• 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
• 35 marks required (out of 70 available) to pass - 50%
• Closed book.

OutofDbox Project Consult is a training and exam administration organization committed to excellence.

We are an Accredited EXIN Partner and EXIN is the international authority in the field of PRINCE2® and ITIL® exams located in the Netherlands. We are also accredited by the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) located in the US.

For more information, visit www.outofdbox.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Ciscon MD Refuses To Pay Staff, Flees Nigeria / Change Of Career Path / What Can I Learn To Make Me Self Reliance After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.