Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers (33297 Views)

Nigeria Loses 50% Cargoes To Cotonou Port / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. / Photo Album Of Cargoes Awaiting Customs Clearance In Nahco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LRNZH(m): 4:25am On Jan 01, 2015
Caseless:
what brazil is enjoying today was done in 8 years; a president of that country(da silva) created 80 million jobs in 8 years, yet we are richer than them. How many years is left for gej to complete his four years and yet, nothing to show.
I'm not a learner, i'm a teacher.

You're a Genius.

Have you seen this thread by any means?
https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-10-billion-us-dollars
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Oolamie(f): 4:42am On Jan 01, 2015
spokesboy:

It's good you noticed your insanity even before anyone tells you. May this spirit of self-consciousness sweep through you losing party -PDP

@spokesboy plus kindly reply my pm. HNY
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by IBROHIM: 6:34am On Jan 01, 2015
decode55:
for me, this is welcome news.

When Jonathan wins again come 2015 (notice I used "when" not "if" because its a certainty)

I'm sure the first thing he would do is to diversify the Economy.

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]

if you quote me & insult me, may ogun solder your _asshole shut
keep deceiving urself, the office he is currently occupying! What stopped him from doing that already! The money you were paid would soon finish!!!
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Lol. This guy, ehn! So after flying the kite of universities abi higher institutions should be producing arms you now want LGs to go into railways. Interesting.

Olodo

Weapons development is different from Weapons production

Amala brain

Watch the documentary

The men who built America

You will realise that most railways were built by rich Americans

So nothing is wrong if LGAs build light rails to connect each community

Finally

Be open minded and learn new things

Life goes beyond Amala cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 7:57am On Jan 01, 2015
LRNZH:

You're a Genius.

Have you seen this thread by any means?
https://www.nairaland.com/2067016/photos-10-billion-us-dollars
we were told $30 billion is missing from ECA(excess crude account). How about that?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Leopantro: 9:09am On Jan 01, 2015
thinking beyond the election,what can be the worst case scenario regarding the Nigerian economy in light of the current oil crisis.

considering Russia's economy in which their currency has devalued by more than 50% from the middle of last year
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 01, 2015
whateva has a beginning surely has an end...
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Olodo

Weapons development is different from Weapons production

Amala brain

Watch the documentary

You will realise that most railways were built by rich Americans

So nothing is wrong if LGAs build light rails to connect each community

Finally

Be open minded and learn new things

Life goes beyond Amala cool
Lol. Involve universities in arms production, no, devlopment; FG should leave railways for others like LGs. You're a hoot, I swear!
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Lol. Involve universities in arms production, no, devlopment; FG should leave railways for others like LGs. You're a hoot, I swear!

As I said you are an OLODO

Development is not production

Development = Design Fabrication and Testing

Concerning Rail service

If your amala brain could comprehend

You will know that since LGAs can build roads they can also be encouraged to build light rails for light trains= tram

Please watch the documentary

It will expose you to rich guys like Vanderbilt who built thousands of km of railways

So as FG is building , States LGAS and Private Sector will be complimenting

Finally

Keep your amala one side and learn again cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

As I said you are an OLODO

Development is not production

Development = Design Fabrication and Testing

Concerning Rail service

If your amala brain could comprehend

You will know that since LGAs can build roads they can also be encouraged to build light rails for light trains= tram

Please watch the documentary

It will expose you to rich guys like Vanderbilt who built thousands of km of railways

So as FG is building , States LGAS and Private Sector will be complimenting

Finally

Keep your amala one side and learn again cool
Lol. Didn't I say your ideas were interesting? But you're getting excited and doing insults because you think it makes you smart. See, someone even liked your yeye post. They think your tiny-minded ethnocentrism is quaint and that your ideas of using universities to produce, no, develop weapons and asking FG to quit railways for others like LGs, no FG building while the others compliment [sic] are sparks of genius.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Lol. Didn't I say your ideas were interesting? But you're getting excited and doing insults because you think it makes you smart. See, someone even liked your yeye post. They think your tiny-minded ethnocentrism is quaint and that your ideas of using universities to produce, no, develop weapons and asking FG to quit railways for others like LGs, no FG building while the others compliment [sic] are sparks of genius.

Well you are not worth a fight

Aurevoir

cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Well you are not worth a fight

Aurevoir

cool
Well, it was great watching you twist and twerk on your own - as you rapidly morphed from FG should leave the railways for LGs and others to LGs should build trams to FG should build railways while LGs and others compliment [sic]. It recalls your transition from production to development and then offering lectures on the difference - when I hadn't mounted any argument against your funny ideas.

Anyway, some free tips: stop seeing the world in terms of us (Igbo) and them (Yoruba); whenever you get a brain wave, stop and consider its practicability before presenting it to the world; stop taking yourself too seriously - everything isn't a fight and it's okay to admit the error in one's argument sometimes.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Well, it was great watching you twist and twerk on your own - as you rapidly morphed from FG should leave the railways for LGs and others to LGs should build trams to FG should build railways while LGs and others compliment [sic]. It recalls your transition from production to development and then offering lectures on the difference - when I hadn't mounted any argument against your funny ideas.

Anyway, some free tips: stop seeing the world in terms of us (Igbo) and them (Yoruba); whenever you get a brain wave, stop and consider its practicability before presenting it to the world; stop taking yourself too seriously - everything isn't a fight and it's okay to admit the error in one's argument sometimes.

I have made my point

I will keep counseling SW on the true path.

SW RONU

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

I have made my point

I will keep counseling SW on the true path.

SW RONU
It's about the SW now, not FG handing railways to LGs. Keep counselling them, you hear? In fact, you are too much.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

It's about the SW now, not FG handing railways to LGs. Keep counselling them, you hear? In fact, you are too much.

You mentioned Igbo and Yoruba

Not me
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
juman:
grin grin grin grin grin

What a clueless nation with useless "leaders".

The oil should go to ten dollars per barrels.
I understand your feelings but dont forget its the mass population that will suffer more than the 1 per cent super rich nigerians
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
omenka:
How the cookie crumbles.

I'm hoping to see that day Nigeria can't export a single drop of oil so we can have real leaders ready to roll up their sleeves and do some hard work, and not the nutcases high on petrodollars striding the corridors of power today.

#TeamNoMoreOilExports.
I agree, but dont forget that oil is our major source of income yet we still have a large dept to pay.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Fhemmmy: 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
MitchDLeo:

I understand your feelings but dont forget its the mass population that will suffer more than the 1 per cent super rich nigerians

When the masses suffer, they will finally wake up and fight back and no money for the leaders to loot, we might at that time start real democracy, cos people will go to office cos they wanna serve and not to steal, cos nothing to steal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by juman(m): 9:41pm On Jan 01, 2015
MitchDLeo:

The masses are already suffering.

The little money those governors get from federal should be used to pay workers salary.

nigerian leaders are too useless to build a sensible country. That country should be divided and be separated.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
Kassidy4luv:
Our Voodoo Magician Buhari will perform wonders by stabilizing the price of oil in the international market, raising the price of oil to 150 dollars per barrel?

He will also look for more buyers of our oil......

He will halt the boom/ production of shale oil in the USA.

Anyways....... GEJ till Pastor Osinbajo attends my birthday party holding today @ 5 star Motel ( Ashawo joint) in Onitsha, from 9pm till dawn.

[size=30pt]HOW[/size]
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

You mentioned Igbo and Yoruba

Not me
So I'm supposed to spell out how you small-minded bigot brought "tribe" into this the same way you did when you made your nonsensical argument about universities producing arms. He he.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
enny09:
so why are nigerians still buying a litre of petrol @ N97 despite the fall in oil price
[size=16pt]Now thats a good question.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
all4naija:
Almost all past dictators and their cronies have oil wells . This will mean few money for their pockets. Bunch of uneducated looters! angry
dont forget how much they've saved in switzerland.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
juman:

The masses are already suffering.

The little money those governors get from federal should be used to pay workers salary.

nigerian leaders are too useless to build a sensible country. That country should be divided and be separated.

I agree this country should be divided. It cant be ruled by only one tribe, it is too big
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
JuanDeDios:

So I'm supposed to spell out how you small-minded bigot brought "tribe" into this the same way you did when you made your nonsensical argument about universities producing arms. He he.

Yawns

Move to more interesting threads.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by 100Cents: 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
LRNZH:
Almost half of Nigeria’s cargoes due to be exported in January are still available, Reuters has reported, even as oil prices reach the $50s trough, almost $10 below Nigeria’s benchmark price.

The backlog has pushed Nigerian oil differentials versus Brent to their lowest since at least 2009 BFO-QUA at 65 cents a barrel, down 80 per cent since May, said Reuters. And it is also creating a discount frenzy between African and Gulf oil producers to Asian buyers.

Asia has become a hotspot for a price war between African and Gulf oil producers who, hobbled by bulging global supplies and waning demand, are offering steep discounts to defend their market share in the world’s top net crude buying region.

The competition is welcome news for Asian buyers. If oil stays near $60 per barrel, import costs for the world’s second biggest oil consumer, China, would drop to under $125 billion a year, versus $222 billion in 2013 when crude averaged $110.

But for producers, it means more competition, and African sellers like Nigeria and Angola, faced with precarious finances due to plummeting oil prices, are struggling to make inroads into Asia, a Middle Eastern stronghold.

Owing to the frantic competition for Asian buyers, India, THISDAY learnt, has taken the unusual step of asking Nigeria to offer it a 90-day credit line if it must continue to buy her crude oil.

With the loss of the US market earlier this year, India has replaced it as Nigeria’s biggest buyer of the country’s light crude grade.

“There is competition between West African and Middle East suppliers for the Asian markets, but the Middle East suppliers have the cost advantage,” said Philip Andrews-Speed, head of Energy Security Division at the National University of Singapore. The city-state is a major oil trading hub in Asia.

Low operating costs in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the Emirates already allow these countries to offer hefty discounts.

Now, a more than 50 per cent jump in freight rates between West Africa and China since September is adding to the relative advantage of Middle Eastern grades, which require shorter shipping distances to Asia. This has been a big setback for West African producers.

West African exports got a brief boost in August when Brent’s premium to Middle East crude DUB-EFS-1M narrowed to less than $2 per barrel from almost $5 in June. But with Middle Eastern producers now offering even more competitive prices, the advantage has faded.

“A year ago, a $2 premium would have been attractive, but in today’s environment it’s different,” a trader dealing with West African crude said.

West African producers traditionally sold most of their oil to North America and Europe, but exports dwindled given a gusher of shale oil from the United States and higher output from nations outside the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

West African crude exports to Asia rose more than 4 per cent between January and December, Reuters data has shown. China accounted for most of the rise as it took advantage of low prices to build up oil reserves.

But the higher West African arrivals into Asia were mainly due to sales before October, and have dropped since then due to Middle East discounts.

Middle East producers continue to dominate the Asian oil market, with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Kuwait all increasing shipments to the region since 2012.

The Middle East accounts for around half of China’s imports and Africa has a 25 per cent share.

With pricing an advantage for Gulf producers, one hope for West Africa is China’s drive for diversification in order to avoid over-reliance on Middle Eastern oil, JBC Energy said.

But analysts are sceptical about the sustainability of steep discounts, as producers need higher prices to finance their budgets.

“Governments that underpin their budgets with oil or metals have seen currency values plummet, reserves erode or current account deficits rise… Regimes built on oil wealth will come under pressure,” risk consultancy and insurance brokerage JLT Group said in its 2015 outlook.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-struggles-to-sell-oil-cargoes-offers-discounts-to-asian-buyers/198070/

See as that female minister of oil don fat finish. .
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Here is what Nigeria needs to do....from the experts...

From the article :Pass the books,hold the oil

And from Field Ruwe...

So instead of blaming the Hausas/leaders/Igbos/Yorubas/Muslims/Christians/etc...why not blame your unnecessary addiction to oil?

Nigerians.....stop talking about Resource control, Sharia, GEJ VS Buhari, and all that.....and focus on education...and getting our leaders to get us there. Use that school for something!

Oil is a curse.
[b[i]][size=20pt]We have the education but we are not really dedicated to our country. Why, because we place ourselves, family, tribe, ethnicity, religion ahead of our country. A typical american is ready to die for his country, but i doubt its the same for a Nigerian[/size].[/i] [/b]
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 10:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mckennedy:

Why should Nigerian unity be falling everyday by day?..
Because there is nothing to hold it again.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by 100Cents: 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
decode55:
I'd rather vote for someone who realizes oil prices are falling steeply & would take steps to do something about it

Than someone who says he would single-handedly increase Oil Prices world wide
grin grin

www.nairaland.com/2033799/magician-buhari-promises-stablize-oil

Height of _cluelessness! grin grin

When I read the news, this was my reaction grin grin

Hahaha...
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by 100Cents: 10:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
Caseless:
what has he been doing in 6 years, diversifying or destroying the economy that you think he would do otherwise next year?
We gave him six years to diversify the economy, he failed to do that. Just expect him to be kicked out next year.

Which one did OBJ do ?

He only invented GSM . undecided
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
ogbonoeba:

You ask why? Because the country is run by Africans. And yes, I am Nigerian. We are all guilty and culpable in this mess called Nigeria. We are afraid to make changes and challenge the status quo and the politicians know it!
[size=30pt]Finally someone reveals the bitter TRUTH[/size]
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by MitchDLeo(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
collinsVP:

Note: before they will get to roll their sleeves, the downtrodden,
the poor, the middle class must have been in the brink of
extinction from the face of the earth. We pray for stability
in oil price and a competent leader that we diversify our
economy cause the later is not realizable in the short run
rather in long run. And it requires resources to diversify.
So if we cannot sell a drop of oil how do we get money
for diversification?
THATS A VERY GOOD QUESTION, Gej has started diversifying little by little, but how will GMB DO IT.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.