Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers (33300 Views)

Nigeria Loses 50% Cargoes To Cotonou Port / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. / Photo Album Of Cargoes Awaiting Customs Clearance In Nahco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Habeyy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
vanunu:

Which country has done it in six yrs, are you a learner?

Neva argue with a fool
he has done nothing and inec organise free and fair elections in opposition arears
he has done nothing and sure p an you win came into existence
he has done nothing and he build many alma Jeri schools in d north
he revive railway
established additional universities
even open university which was established by obasanjo but hitherto not recognised was given full attention by him
he transformed agriculture ...
some folks here are just like deluded maggots
warning again
don't argue with them
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gnykelly(m): 2:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Unfortunately Buhari and Osibanjo do not believe in these points listed below

1) Resource Control

2) Fiscal Federalism

3) Privatization

4) Political Federalism

5) Decentralization of Nigeria

6) Restructuring of Nigeria

6) Institutions giving detail account of their financial/other activities to the public through their websites/panels for public scrutiny every 3months.

Which are the fastest route to

I) economic diversification,
ii) citizenry prosperity
iii) political stability
iv) reduce corruption

These 7 points are the basis of True Federalism which can help Nigeria become a Super Power and a first world Nation.

read buhari manifesto here and cure yourself of ignorance. your ideas are utopian .
http://buhariforchange.com/wp-content/
uploads/2014/12/Securing-Nigerias-Future-rv.pdf
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
How to protect yourself from the oncoming onslaught of fuel prices in 2015 and beyond.

How a new discovery in the oil and gas industry is making a 28 year old Delta State born Civil Engineering graduate 6.5 million naira monthly.

How to buy any petroleum products at any petrol station 60 naira per liter and make money from it.

The increase in fuel price to N140 (as heard, not confirm) has set the stage for me to make much more money in 2015.

He (the 28 year old) said he doesn't work in an oil company. To make mater more confusing, he arouse my curiosity the more by saying that he doesn't sell any petroleum products. So how do you make these millions because I have seen your bank account? OK you do oil and gas yahoo yahoo? He told me it's GENUINE, REAL and GOVERNMENT APPROVED.

Then he asked me to attend a business launch in my state, which I attended and trust me, my head got enlarged at the amazing info I got there.

When I Google his name, "Joke Enaks" the truth became clear that this guy is silently raking in a 6 figure income with his partner "Onome maureen" One of Nigeria's best female infopreneur. Interestingly and surprisingly too, they earn more than most staff in the popular oil firms. These people are silently raking in cash from the oil and gas industry without even bothering to know where chevron and Mobil and Saipem and Shell are.

And so now, I say this, "do you want to make supplemental or substantial income? Do you really want to change your life and status and stop being anybody's slaves? When I worked 9 to 5, I raelized that I was someone's prisoner, because my time was controlled, my freedom was controlled too and so I needed to breath so bad, and so I said I was gonna use my fund from where I worked to fund this business. So I decided to pitch in and trust me, making money never felt so good, as food as this guarded secret.

And trust me making an extra income through this oil and gas business has open my eyes to the possibilities unbounded.

If you want to discover what I found out from these regular Nigerians, who have one head sitting on their necks, kindly give me or inbox me your city of residence, phone number and email address and I shall send you info on the venue where these two people I spoke of will launch this business at a location close to you

worldfuelsavers@yahoo.com 08067200680

In a LIVE One-Day Oil & Gas Business EXPO where you will discover how to launch Your Own Oil and Gas Business, Happening LIVE in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Warri, Aba and Benin City.

Simultaneously in respective venuea.
Ikeja 10th Jan.
Ikeja 11th Jan.
Ikoyi 11th jan
surulere 11 Jan
Warri 11th jan
Warri 17th Jan
Port Harcourt 17th Jan
Aba 18th jan
Abuja 18th jan
Benin 18th Jan

Ignore if you are not interested in making more than five times your income in 2015
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by betterabia: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Good question.

And the answer is....oil brings rapid return.

Industries on the other hand take time to see returns

China has the highest foreign reserve because they manufacture for the world.
Nigeria can learn from them

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by juman(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
podosci:

i want oil to become obsolete, then Nigeria would have to start from scratch.......then we would have to work for every penny we earn....only intelligent leaders would step up to lead and develop stringent economic policies to carry us forward.... .

I really like nigeria to be divided and seperated.

There is no sense in one nigeria. A failed 54 years country.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Habeyy(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
Promhize:

The automotive policies and huge improvements in Agriculture isn't diversifying the economy?

Your siblings and friends are busy finding faults and being true to their words about making the country ungovernable for him, instead of telling us how they would solve our economic problems.

They have hit a spot with the majority clueless, dumb Nigerians of tackling corruption and thereby solving all our problems. A presidential aspirant saying he would stabilize our currency and economy by regulating world oil price. Such a shame.

His VP too saying they would create 20,000 jobs in every state with the help of the state governments, Is it magic? Tell us how you hope to do such, without creating more useless agencies with money that should go into infrastructural development and improving the economy

In the last 4years, Rotimi Amaechi is the single most corrupt politician in this country - he even brags about doling money to people, and APC wants to fight corruption.

thats deception for you....politics of bitterness

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by collinsVP: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
omenka:
How the cookie crumbles.

I'm hoping to see that day Nigeria can't export a single drop of oil so we can have real leaders ready to roll up their sleeves and do some hard work, and not the nutcases high on petrodollars striding the corridors of power today.

#TeamNoMoreOilExports.

Note: before they will get to roll their sleeves, the downtrodden,
the poor, the middle class must have been in the brink of
extinction from the face of the earth. We pray for stability
in oil price and a competent leader that we diversify our
economy cause the later is not realizable in the short run
rather in long run. And it requires resources to diversify.
So if we cannot sell a drop of oil how do we get money
for diversification?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gnykelly(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
=-)
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Buhari also jailed a lot of Northerners (one of the Northerners he jailed was the first Nigerian VC of my alma mater...and Shagari's Foreign Affairs Minister....the man was in jail...not in house arrest.). He also freed one politician...a Southerner(Pa Michael Ajasn...Bola Ige too almost got freed...if not for some fresh charges brought against him). And he almost got Dikko (something which the man has not forgiven Buhari for up till now).
But placing the head of a supposedly corrupt govt under mere house arrest was a massive error in judgement on the part of Buhari, whilst putting the powerless VP in Kirikiri prisons.

I hope the latest slump in oil prices would finally convince the spendthrift governors on the need to save for the rainy day, and will be a lesson to the CBN not to use precious reserves to artificially prop up the value of the Naira.

The longterm goal of the FG should be effective diversification of the economy to protect it (economy) from the vagaries of the oil market.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LRNZH(m): 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2014
enny09:
so why are nigerians still buying a litre of petrol @ N97 despite the fall in oil price

Because we earn less from crude sale and there is subsidy. Without refining our own crude oil, we do no t benefit from low or high oil prices that much.

Factor in the overhead of massive Gov't corruption which does not reduce even with falling oil price.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gnykelly(m): 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
donpeey22:
I am not implying that we should rely on Agric. All I am saying is that we can still package our agricultural products very well and tap from the sector to improve our economy.
If we can compete with other oil producing Nations in the oil market, why can't we do same in the Agric sector. Let us improve our production and packaging methods for all our Agric products and go into the market, I believe we will do well.

packaging don't bring price up.
relative scarcity do. if we delve into agric as substitute for oil in terms of foreign revenue.
1) most market like European markets and American market have subsidy in place for agric.

2) we are going to be flooding the market which will bring down prices just as what us happening to oil.
my submission is that we should produce to consume and focus on mass industrialisation. but unfortunately all our bilateral agreements and policies are cog to this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Tibins:

No! not 6yrears, but almost 5years. President Yaradua passed on (may his soul RIP) in 2010. Jonathan was denied acting President position due to needless power struggles. By the time he got the acting President it was around May 2010. However, shortly preparation for 2011 elections started, It was 2011 that he contested and won.
That's about 4 years plus.... REMEMBER THE FIFTH YEAR IS STILL RUNNING.
even the most staunch of his supporters couldnt have given us this excuse like u did up there in ur post. How many did yaradua spend on the sickbed? Gej spent the 2year+ of yaradua's presidency, add that to his over 3 years in office, what do u get?
If his supporters are asking for buhari's achievemens infrastructurally in his 20 months as head of state, then I don't sef any reason why 6 year is enough for gej to put anything tangible on ground.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
CyberWolf:
why not go ahead and destroy it so that it won't exist again..you people has evil mind but the evil you people are planning for this country will soon consume you all and your entire generation..Nigeria will keep on getting better and better.. angry
nonsense!
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
kenrish2:
another gangue of numerous excuses we've bn fed with.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gnykelly(m): 2:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
CFCfan:

But placing the head of a supposedly corrupt govt under mere house arrest was a massive error in judgement on the part of Buhari, whilst putting the powerless VP in Kirikiri prisons.

I hope the latest slump in oil prices would finally convince the spendthrift governors on the need to save for the rainy day, and will be a lesson to the CBN not to use precious reserves to artificially prop up the value of the Naira.

The longterm goal of the FG should be effective diversification of the economy to protect it (economy) from the vagaries of the oil market.
putting a former head of state in house arrest is more dignifying for the image of a nation.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Habeyy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Abeg.....export of Agric products won't bring in much cash.....because we don't have the guaranteed markets, and we are still not producing enough. Also, the backbone of our agric is small scale farmers. Lastly....everyone is in agriculture....and as a result prices stay low(unless there is a drought in Asia).

Industries using our local raw materials is the answer. Agric will not save us. This is not the 1960's....when UK could buy our groundnut and palm oil and cocoa.
u re a learner dear,who tells u export of agric will not bring money...have u heard that nothing is waste in. agric....even animal waste are sold as manure.....don't make mistake u said everyone is in agriculture but have u considered not even a third of our land is utilised ..
even if all Nigerians turn to farming ,we will still end up producing just a minute percent of world output....and mind you the reason why agric produce are cheap has little to do with surplus produce.....it is because we lack good storage facilities.....so farmers sell ASAP......hope this helps u....lemme know if u need more insight ....in real world the assumption of ceteris paribus is null and void.....cause all things will never be equal
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by kart042000(m): 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Unfortunately Buhari and Osibanjo do not believe in these points listed below

1) Resource Control

2) Fiscal Federalism

3) Privatization

4) Political Federalism

5) Decentralization of Nigeria

6) Restructuring of Nigeria

6) Institutions giving detail account of their financial/other activities to the public through their websites/panels for public scrutiny every 3months.

Which are the fastest route to

I) economic diversification,
ii) citizenry prosperity
iii) political stability
iv) reduce corruption

These 7 points are the basis of True Federalism which can help Nigeria become a Super Power and a first world Nation.

How would you know they don't when you haven't tried them yet, we have tried Jonathan and we've seen what he his capable of doing.
Give Buhari/Osibanjo a chance, channel your energy to ensuring buhari/Osibanjo have it in their manifesto.

What promises do you expect from an incumbent again? His works should speak for him not premises in my own.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gnykelly(m): 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
if we need to diversify our income. we need foreign loan as we can see that 667bn naira was allocated for capital expenditures. which is about $3bn. is paltry.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by ogbonoeba: 3:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
collinsVP:

Note: before they will get to roll their sleeves, the downtrodden,
the poor, the middle class must have been in the brink of
extinction from the face of the earth. We pray for stability
in oil price and a competent leader that we diversify our
economy cause the later is not realizable in the short run
rather in long run. And it requires resources to diversify.
So if we cannot sell a drop of oil how do we get money
for diversification?

Japan and Switzerland have no natural resources, and yet they have more wealth. Nigerians in America excel in education. We are smart, but our government dosent reward innovation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by InvertedHammer: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
CFCfan:

I hope the latest slump in oil prices would finally convince the spendthrift governors on the need to save for the rainy day
, and will be a lesson to the CBN not to use precious reserves to artificially prop up the value of the Naira.

/
It is sad that there is no constitutional provisions to check the excesses of the governors. The citizens are "hoping" that governors expend the state treasury judiciously and would not act contra bonos mores. And what are the State House of Assembly members doing? They are using every slightest provocation to be rabble-rousers just to attract financial compensation from the emperor, the governor.

And this is Nigeria's style of democracy. No separation of powers. Just us against them. Citizens vs. leaders.

By the way, what happened to the GEJ impeachment shakara that happened last month after the Jump-Gate brouhaha?

SMH.

\

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LieDetector(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LieDetector(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
juman:
grin grin grin grin grin

What a clueless nation with useless "leaders".

The oil should go to ten dollars per barrels.
Now who's more useless?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by nijanigga: 3:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
juman:
grin grin grin grin grin

What a clueless nation with useless "leaders".

The oil should go to ten dollars per barrels.
I have said this severally (gej's words on CNN) in the past, read some of my postings, Nigerians thought I was joking.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by gbodimowo(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Indeed
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Fhemmmy: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
With all these, we still spending billions on elections, and feeding as well as moving govt from one place to another . . . Hope that the entourage will at least reduce.
Hope we will cut the wasteful spending in government.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by ibisko04: 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:
Make the oil price be 10 dollars per barrel sef.

There are many nations without oil and they're doing far better than us.

Mr. Clueless presided over a surplus regime of oil price but couldn't have any savings for rainy days?

I mean what happened to the excess monies we earned when oil sold at above 100$ (peaked at $115) per barrel while our budget was done on 70 something dollars per barrel? You all know the answer as much as I do.

As a result of the drop in oil price, our prodigal and clueless president and his team devalued the naira so that a dollar now exchanges for around 190 naira.

If they were not clueless or corrupt, they would have known that a time like this was bound to come and could have kept enough in the excess crude account to augment the deficit during this hard times. Afterall other OPEC members are not known to have devalued their currency since the drop in oil price started. Talk of cluelessness and thievery at its peak!

Kick Out Cluelessness in 2015 and Bring Back Hope and Change in GMB/PYO
If we are to apportioned blame on this oil money issue, we will blame's all the governors present and past. Where is SWA account, where is ECA and other account that we don't know the name they are called. At least for the next one year, Nigeria economy supposed to not feel the impacts of this crude oil price falls.
Since 2004, oil price has always been more than whatever amount the government budgeted for. And every year, we always hear about one account or the other where excess money is kept.
The rain have just started falling and we are already feeling it as if it has been falling for 2 years. And to add insult to our injuries, nothing is on the ground that we can point to as what the money was spent for.
Nigerians, we must stand up to ask questions from the leaders .
We should not only know how to hits the street when the fuel prices are increased. We should know now that our leaders are robbers and they should be treated as such.
Now that crude oil is coming down in price around the world, why is it that Nigerians are not seeing it reflected in the price of diesel, kerosene and pms.
We must not continue like this, or else we will find out very soon that our naira will be as useless as Zimbabwean dollars.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
ibisko04:

If we are to apportioned blame on this oil money issue, we will blame's all the governors present and past. Where is SWA account, where is ECA and other account that we don't know the name they are called. At least for the next one year, Nigeria economy supposed to not feel the impacts of this crude oil price falls.
Since 2004, oil price has always been more than whatever amount the government budgeted for. And every year, we always hear about one account or the other where excess money is kept.
The rain have just started falling and we are already feeling it as if it has been falling for 2 years. And to add insult to our injuries, nothing is on the ground that we can point to as what the money was spent for.
Nigerians, we must stand up to ask questions from the leaders .
We should not only know how to hits the street when the fuel prices are increased. We should know now that our leaders are robbers and they should be treated as such.
Now that crude oil is coming down in price around the world, why is it that Nigerians are not seeing it reflected in the price of diesel, kerosene and pms.
We must not continue like this, or else we will find out very soon that our naira will be as useless as Zimbabwean dollars.

Wisely said, but when you have leaders that have no foresight . . . . We get what have at the moment.
Also, see what other Oil producing nations has done with money made or realized from Oil, and tell me what we have done with ours than to lace the pocket of all past and present leaders . . . Shame!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by bameyi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
decode55:
for me, this is welcome news.

When Jonathan wins again come 2015 (notice I used "when" not "if" because its a certainty)

I'm sure the first thiget to stay he would do is to diversify the Economy.

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]

if you quote me & insult me, may ogun solder your _asshole shut

Mumu he has been there since and had no clue of diversifying the economy na another 4 him go come do am. electric power wey him promise us he didn't do itNa amadioha go strike the anuofi we want mumu gej

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by falopey: 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
How a new discovery in the oil and gas industry is making a 28 year old delta state born civil engineering graduate N6.5 million monthly.

When I Google his name "Joke Enaks"

This truth became clear that this guy is silently raking in 6 figures income with his partner "Onome Maureen" one of Nigeria's best infopreneur.

Discover in a LIVE One-Day Oil & Gas Business EXPO where you will discover how to launch Your Own Oil and Gas Business, Happening LIVE in Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Warri, Aba and Benin City.

Event Dates simultaneously in respective cities.

Ikeja 10th Jan.
Ikeja 11th Jan.
Ikoyi 11th jan
surulere 11 Jan
Warri 11th jan
Warri 17th Jan
Port Harcourt 17th Jan
Aba 18th jan
Abuja 18th jan
Benin 18th Jan

Send your name, phone number and email to 08067200680 or worldfuelsavers@yahoo.com for venue details
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by datribune: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Habeyy:

Neva argue with a fool
he has done nothing and inec organise free and fair elections in opposition arears
he has done nothing and sure p an you win came into existence
he has done nothing and he build many alma Jeri schools in d north
he revive railway
established additional universities
even open university which was established by obasanjo but hitherto not recognised was given full attention by him
he transformed agriculture ...
some folks here are just like deluded maggots
warning again
don't argue with them

Hahahahahaha lol. Incomparable, gargantuan, tremendous, terrific, awesome, astounding, colossal, immense achievements by Mr Stealing Is Not Corruption in SIX YEARS OF ABUNDANCE. kikikkikikikikkikikiki. How clueless can u get?.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
decode55:

When Jonathan wins again come 2015 (notice I used "when" not "if" because its a certainty)

I'm sure the first thing he would do is to diversify the Economy.

Since Yar'Adua died, GEJ hasn't diversified the economy. It is after he wins that he will attempt it abi?

Keep smoking that shyt you are smoking, you hear?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Fourwinds: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
decode55:

I'm sure the first thing he would do is to diversify the Economy.

so is it when d condition of oil prices has reached dis level dat d president now fit it necessary to diversify rite. did u not read about Joseph in d land of Egypt and what he did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.