Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers (33306 Views)

Nigeria Loses 50% Cargoes To Cotonou Port / Foreigners Doing Business In Nigeria. Our Failures Dreadful Struggles & Success. / Photo Album Of Cargoes Awaiting Customs Clearance In Nahco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
Promhize:

The automotive policies and huge improvements in Agriculture isn't diversifying the economy?

Your siblings and friends are busy finding faults and being true to their words about making the country ungovernable for him, instead of telling us how they would solve our economic problems.

They have hit a spot with the majority clueless, dumb Nigerians of tackling corruption and thereby solving all our problems. A presidential aspirant saying he would stabilize our currency and economy by regulating world oil price. Such a shame.

His VP too saying they would create 20,000 jobs in every state with the help of the state governments, Is it magic? Tell us how you hope to do such, without creating more useless agencies with money that should go into infrastructural development and improving the economy

In the last 4years, Rotimi Amaechi is the single most corrupt politician in this country - he even brags about doling money to people, and APC wants to fight corruption.

the first line in bold, don't you think people don't into such lame excuse anymore? It is not selling!
And the 2nd in bold: how many of the non-productive agencies has ur paymaster shut down?
Amaechi is corrupt, yet he has something on ground to show for his days of governance in rivers state. What can u tell me was the achievement of gej as governor of bayelsa state or , his achievement as president?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2014
rozayx5:

caseless NZRH or whatever they call themselves are the true symbol of APC supporters, praying for the economy to collapse so that Terrohari will come to power.

they pray for all our roads to collapse, our trains to derail so that they can have campaign points, why they cant wish us good is the reason APC governors have not been able to complete their rail projects
this administration has failed nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
vanunu:

Which country has done it in six yrs, are you a learner?

what brazil is enjoying today was done in 8 years; a president of that country(da silva) created 80 million jobs in 8 years, yet we are richer than them. How many years is left for gej to complete his four years and yet, nothing to show.
I'm not a learner, i'm a teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2014
Kingspin:

If your thinking that Buhari will do the magic for you then you must be a joker for 2015.
if buhari can't do that magic, should we allow someone who has failed us to continue? If you fulfil your promises as a president, then, you should be kicked out.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by sammyj: 4:38pm On Dec 31, 2014
We are all Nigerians and what stops you from demanding this from the N. Assembly!!!!
WhiteTechnology:

Instead of you to ask the National Assembly to make laws that put the development of Railways in the hands of FG LGAs and Private Sector, your myopic mind keeps expecting change from an all powerful FG
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Habeyy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
datribune:

Hahahahahaha lol. Incomparable, gargantuan, tremendous, terrific, awesome, astounding, colossal, immense achievements by Mr Stealing Is Not Corruption in SIX YEARS OF ABUNDANCE. kikikkikikikikkikikiki. How clueless can u get?.
not as clueless as u....humpty dumpty ....
happy new year in adv to u midget
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by kilokeys(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
the main reason i wanna vote for Buhari.

i hate both actually. .. if things do not get worse they cant get better.

with Buhari.. there would be a shaking..
in that shaking, powers would change hands,
pple would be hacked down, pple would be lifted up.
nobody knows..

i need change, good or bad.

dunno abt u.

i cant continue the next four years this way.

dunno abt u.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by naijasaints: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
Jonathan is no longer capable..lets keep changing them till it gets better.
Vote Buhari for the desired change and if he doesnt perform,we vote him out again
This is simply how to get the best out of our leaders.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by activefibre1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
if to say nigeria govt get sense, dem fpr done use all the oil money build this country as in a developed nation. Carry tourism for east, massive agriculture for north, business development for west, and better oil and gas refiney for south. But them carry money shook for dem pocket. Nigeria, small pikin wey begin read him book wen exam done reach ground finish. Mtweeee

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by onitshaigbo(m): 5:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Yerwa:
The only way out of this situation is for us to increase our local refining capacity and to capture the west and central Africa market,we just have to increase our influence within this region.

Ignorance at display, you talk as if West and Central African market is comparable to Asia in size when they actually differ by orders of magnitude.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
decode55:
for me, this is welcome news.

When Jonathan wins again come 2015 (notice I used "when" not "if" because its a certainty)

I'm sure the first thing he would do is to diversify the Economy.

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]

if you quote me & insult me, may ogun solder your _asshole shut

.fool! first thing GEJ would do is to completely remove subsidy and yout misery would be multiplied

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

You are wrong

The efforts of a good leader is wasted by a system prone to corruption

Eg

Jesus was a good leader but his financial treasury was looted by Judas but no one knew except Jesus because he has divine powers.

If Judas had been told to reveal on a daily basis the financial activities of the ministry, he would have being exposed earlier or he won't have stolen due to the accountable system being operated.
what do you think would have happened if there were 12 judas looting . this is thecase of gej

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
majekdom2:
what do you think would have happened if there were 12 judas looting . this is thecase of gej

Evil is Evil

A good system will curtail evil
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
ogbonoeba:
Will shale oil destroy Naija?
If the Americans develop technology to produce oil at less than $50/barrel and sell to Asia, what will Nigeria do?
we dont need to sell our oil to run our economy this is where our govt has not got it right.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by 989900: 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
decode55:
for me, this is welcome news.

When Jonathan wins again come 2015 (notice I used "when" not "if" because its a certainty)

I'm sure the first thing he would do is to diversify the Economy.

[size=30pt] GEJ till 2019 [/size]

if you quote me & insult me, may ogun solder your _asshole shut

Yeah right...didn't diversify @$140/barrel, wants to @ $56/barrel. I hear you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by ogbonoeba: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
majekdom2:
we dont need to sell our oil to run our economy this is where our govt has not got it right.

80% of the FG budget comes from oil, what is the alternative?
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
ogbonoeba:

80% of the FG budget comes from oil, what is the alternative?
refining , and making use ... stop importation, we wont have anything like subsidy .... we can then export whatever is left.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Leopantro: 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
majekdom2:
refining , and making use ... stop importation, we wont have anything like subsidy .... we can then export whatever is left.

I have really enjoyed the discussion so far. for once, intellectual minds are discussing an important issue without stupid political inputs.

In regards to stopping importation, I would like to share a post by MissMeiya

Discouraging imports is great for stimulating local
economy: WHEN THE LOCAL PRODUCTION
ACTUALLY EXISTS. For too many things in Nigeria,
the consumption FAR EXCEEDS LOCAL
PRODUCTION. The market actually depends on
importation for SURVIVAL.
You can't buy what doesn't exist.
So what does this mean? People will continue to
import because they HAVE to, even with the
increased import taxes:
• They will just pay the increased cost--defeating
the purported goal of reducing imports
• They will bribe someone--increased corruption
• They will smuggle it in from neighboring
countries--giving more money to other countries
The last is the most likely outcome, as it is already
happening.

case in point,; banning the importation of cars with no established manufacturing company capably of meeting half of the needs of the populace at any set point adequately.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by invectives(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2014
Caseless:
what has he been doing in 6 years, diversifying or destroying the economy that you think he would do otherwise next year?
We gave him six years to diversify the economy, he failed to do that. Just expect him to be kicked out next year.
Islam won't let u see what he has done in d past 6 yrs.don't be a fanatic also don't forget he has been fighting ISLAMIC insurgents too.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by buJu234: 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Instead of ur guys to b thinking and working on how u and family will survive dis 2015 economical hardship that may likely hit d Nigerian masses...

U guys re busying urself with pdp and apc story dat Jonas and tinubu will settle in their back yard drinking a multi millionaira champagne

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
Leopantro:

I have really enjoyed the discussion so far. for once, intellectual minds are discussing an important issue without stupid political inputs.

In regards to stopping importation, I would like to share a post by MissMeiya

case in point,; banning the importation of cars with no established manufacturing company capably of meeting half of the needs of the populace at any set point adequately.
actually , it depends on the product we talking when we discussing import and production .
we produce oil which exceeds what Nigerians need daily . as for the automobile industry , I see it go no where , the truth remains , majority see those produced cars as substandard . I believe a partnership with international mobile companies would have been a better option .I am this individual also that believes for anything to work in Nigeria , there must be a presence of an international key player . take for instance the telecommuniation industry , we see how well it is doing .
As for the agricultutal sector , do we have market for this products , whats the use of diversification when there is no market . we see whats happening in russia today , they are having a tough time simply because of the ban which provides no markets for their products . these are issues our govt needs to look into first .
Oil production is becoming a tough business now , many countries in africa will be producing in commercial quantities . it is time we harness other natural resources .....
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by ozo13(m): 7:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
grin another excuse.hmmm
WhiteTechnology:

You gave him 6years but constrained him using your false federalism(Unitary system)

When Nigeria is ready to make States LGAs and Private Sector the vanguard of economic diversification, growth and development, we should be expecting more of this.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LRNZH(m): 8:01pm On Dec 31, 2014
The value of having sufficient local refining capacity cannot be over emphasized.

Even Niger Republic has a fully functional 20,000 bpd Refinery in Zinder since November 2011 which provides some of the fuel needs of Northern Nigeria.

What are we saying here?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Bizibi(m): 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
But the discount for the sale of Nigeria crude oil can still match with those in the middle east but with what I have been witnessing,it seems the Asian tigers are the only buyers we have and some resellers from n.america and europe....with the changes in the agric sectors nigeria will begin reaping it in a few yrs time....
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Caseless: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2014
invectives:
Islam won't let u see what he has done in d past 6 yrs.don't be a fanatic also don't forget he has been fighting ISLAMIC insurgents too.
trash!
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by JuanDeDios: 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Instead of you to ask the National Assembly to make laws that put the development of Railways in the hands of FG LGAs and Private Sector, your myopic mind keeps expecting change from an all powerful FG
Lol. This guy, ehn! So after flying the kite of universities abi higher institutions should be producing arms you now want LGs to go into railways. Interesting.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by datribune: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2014
Habeyy:
not as clueless as u....humpty dumpty ....
happy new year in adv to u midget

U think.
BTW I'm no midget but an intellectual giant.
Happy new year in adv to u & urs
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by bakila: 11:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
invectives:
Funny you. He also uses the jet of the CAN president in smuggling money out of nigeria to fight that war. He has spent a lot of time and money to ensure that he contested the pdp primaries alone. He has wasted a lot of time in arriving at a defination of corruption that does not include stealing. He is also preoccupied with satisfying the excess of his wife and gathering huge funds to build one mission in abuja. You are educated and may have travelled outside Nigeria, if you do you would not know that president of a country as rich as Nigeria should not give excuses. Every other person is the problem but he who is mandated to deliver is not at fault.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by spankyflex(m): 12:14am On Jan 01, 2015
majekdom2:
actually , it depends on the product we talking when we discussing import and production .
we produce oil which exceeds what Nigerians need daily . as for the automobile industry , I see it go no where , the truth remains , majority see those produced cars as substandard . I believe a partnership with international mobile companies would have been a better option .I am this individual also that believes for anything to work in Nigeria , there must be a presence of an international key player . take for instance the telecommuniation industry , we see how well it is doing .
As for the agricultutal sector , do we have market for this products , whats the use of diversification when there is no market . we see whats happening in russia today , they are having a tough time simply because of the ban which provides no markets for their products . these are issues our govt needs to look into first .
Oil production is becoming a tough business now , many countries in africa will be producing in commercial quantities . it is time we harness other natural resources .....
happy new year man.wishing u a wonderful year ahead
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Ilekokonit: 12:36am On Jan 01, 2015
Owing to the frantic competition for Asian buyers, India, THISDAY learnt, has taken the unusual step of asking Nigeria to offer it a 90-day credit line if it must continue to buy her crude oil.

This is what happens when world leaders including the crooked indians can clearly see incompetence and lack of confidence written all over Goodluck Jonathan.

If incompetent Jonathan gives the crafty and greedy Indians this unusual 90-day credit which the Indians dare not ask from a country they respected then we might as well wave goodbye to at least 50% of that money. The Indians take no prisoners when it comes to their greed and cunningness.

But then again Jonathan wouldn't mind selling the whole of Nigeria on credit as long as he gets enough money to bribe his way to electoral victory.
Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by Habeyy(m): 1:10am On Jan 01, 2015
datribune:

U think.
BTW I'm no midget but an intellectual giant.
Happy new year in adv to u & urs
how u doin....happy to know u re here in 2015....great intellect

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles to Sell Oil Cargoes, Offers Discounts to Asian Buyers by LRNZH(m): 4:21am On Jan 01, 2015
Ilekokonit:
Owing to the frantic competition for Asian buyers, India, THISDAY learnt, has taken the unusual step of asking Nigeria to offer it a 90-day credit line if it must continue to buy her crude oil.

Very good catch.

I actually put the phrase '....on Credit with Discount' in the thread title.
The mods edited it back to the original title. But there are two things going on here.

[size=15pt]HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE![/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / 20,000 Bank Accounts Closed By FG / Coronavirus: Stanbic IBTC Bank To Operate Skeletal Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.