Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. (14062 Views)

Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption – Aribisala / Military To Lai Mohammed: We’re Not Fighting Boko Haram With Substandard Weapons / Buhari Is Not Fighting Corruption (vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by proxillin(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

The four set of people voting Buhari are.

(1) The brainwashed, air heads :- Easily deceived by propaganda, they cry for change. #Change is when in 1985 you change the state of our national debt by taking it from about US$8.855 billion in 1980, to nearly US$19 billion in just one year”. Is that the kind of change they want for Nigeria. Someone who would plunge us into more economic woes. Change is having a man who thinks he can fix the economy by stabilizing oil prices.

(2) The Angry Godfathers Those who use to be in control but have been cut to size by a regime that refuses to be their puppet ... and can't deal with the fact that power has changed hands, They involve the corrupt cabals who now automatically become saints by ganging up together -

(3) The fanatics blood thirty killers : Those blinded by religion and ethnicity, and would not hesitate to kill and murder people who do not share their political decision or point of view. The post election riots comes to mind. They a bigots who hide under the coat of detribalized nigerian.

(4) Those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses"

I was a staunch supporter of Jonathan. But now I am changing for buhari. I am just a concerned citizen. I need my country back from sink hole.

Create a category for people like me. We are many. Trust me people are fed up. The writing is everywhere. People are fed up.

You can attack your fellow APC partisan people. But you can't attack people like me. Cuz I want Nigeria back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by OLADD: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gbawe:
@Topic.

Even in regards to corruption alone, minus everything else, GEJ deserves to be voted out. Pervasive corruption will always stifle the development and growth of any nation. Without tackling corruption, leadership effort in Nigeria simply resembles the futile attempt to gather water with a highly porous basket.

I am sure it's your ICPC or that of Akanbi that dragged Subsidy fraudsters (including sons of PDP bigwigs) to court. Were you the one that initiated Farouk Lawan's bribery prosecution before the court?You need to direct your vituperations to Nigerian judicial system which has obviously been taken over by shenanigans. Was it not in this country where a judge asked someone that stole billions of naira in Pension scam to pay a paltry sum as fine? Was it Jonathan that influenced that? How many culprits has Lagos State govt brought to book in relation to incessant building collapse in Lagos? Were Lagos state Ministry of Housing and Environments officials not culpable in issuing Certificate of Clearance for defective buildings in Lagos? How many have they prosecuted for revenue receipt racketeering in Lagos local councils or is there no corruption there? I am not trying to do bulk passing or exonerate Jonathan's govt but corruption is endemic in Nigeria. It starts with every Nigerian home and family. The method been adopted by Jonathan is that of prevention rather than cure. He has been able to block age long fertilizer scams and also expunged thousands of ghost workers from the civil service. What anti-corruption is more effective than that? Let's be fair to the man. GEJ TILL 2019.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by proxillin(m): 6:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
And don't brand anybody that critisize gej has APC. I don't care about PDP or APC.

I hate the current situation and thereby demand for change. Nigerians/masses (non-bigot) neutral Nigerians are not happy.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
I AM NOT SUPRISE THAT ITS COMING FROM A MUSTAPHA AKANBI AN ISLAMIC BIGOT AND ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gbawe:

As usual, attack the messenger and ignore the message which is correct in its entirety. I hope you know that what you do here is something honourable and/or upright men would never do.

Better to say nothing than deploy the shameful and condemnable tactics of attacking the messenger alone with the intention of diverting attention away from the 100% correct message.

thank you so much for this point. Will the whole country not benefit if we accept this fact and go on to correct this ills in our country
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by samplegirl(f): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
The reason Jonathan is not fighting corruption is that Akanbi fought corruption when he was headed ICPC and jailed all the corrupt leaders in this country so much so that there is no corrupt man or woman remaining for Jonathan to jail.

But let him give us the names of corrupt people he jailed when he was taking orders from OBJ to run down political opponents.

Gullible Nigerians and they are buying this POO.

NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Change2015(m): 6:20pm On Dec 31, 2014
naijaspeak:
Jonathan should impose the death penalty for corrupt public office holder and that will bring an end to stealing of public money. Now that we are finding it difficult to sell our crude oil our main revenue source we can not afford to tolerate looting of our treasury.

India and some of this asia countries managing to buy our crude oil may stop and we will have nothing.

You want him to become a widow? He permits stealing to make friends and exploit us politically. Fuel subsidy is the biggest scam with over 2 trillion looted but he is not moved. He and his wife have been sucking bayelsa, and many areas of government dry for years. Rumors are out there that even to see her, they charge 2m. Can you get police contract without note from madam. Why is diezani so untouchable? The cancer of corruption in this government is deep and wide, from head to toes. Buhari/apc is the answer. We need a new direction.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Boss13: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
I don't care about Buhari and what he stands for but why will any sensible person vote for Jonathan and his continuity of uselessness. Please travel out even if it is Togo I will advise you to. That is the only way you will appreciate the beauty of good governance and what the basic amenities, which we laud our wicked and foolish leaders for, actually are.

I just don't get it when someone in his right senses begins to tell me Jonathan is working, because he is bringing back the trains - Jesus. What is he suppose to do before? Because we have been in darkness for so long, a little glimpse of light now appears like fireworks.

We have a president who will continue to increase the poverty gap, enrich himself and his friends and deny the average nigerian a fair chance in life and also the basic amenities, such as quality education, good healthcare, power, security etc that will make such Nigerian to thrive and achieve his dreams and a sensible person or someone who is human wants to continue promoting such president.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by synergycom19: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
GEJ is still planning to Tax we the citizens to fund more corruption,sorry stealing because the accounts dey finshing level now so tay money to pay workers no dey again
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Donbrig: 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2014
If GEJ wins next election, Nigeria is gonna be completely doomed and beyond redemption.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
proxillin:

I was a staunch supporter of Jonathan. But now I am changing for buhari. I am just a concerned citizen. I need my country back from sink hole.

Create a category for people like me. We are many. Trust me people are fed up. The writing is everywhere. People are fed up.

You can attack your fellow APC partisan people. But you can't attack people like me. Cuz I want Nigeria back.

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who does not want Nigeria to go from fry pan to fire. I am a Nigerian whose mind can hardly be swayed by media and propaganda. How can you tell me a man who who failed Nigeria in infrastructure, education, human right and most importantly the ECONOMY, is the best thing for Nigeria since slice bread. The man freaking left Nigeria bleeding in a much worse state.

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan... I am just a man who want Nigeria to not go back to the status quo. This administration has seen the complete alienation of people who think Nigeria is their private property ... they hate the fact that they no longer run things and loot the nation dry like they use to. They want power back to continue from where they stopped under the name of change deceiving gullible Nigerians.

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who hates to be lied to. who understands that when something looks so good to be true it is not. APC touts themselves as been progressive. Now judge this. Fashola's success in lagos state is really commendable and truly enough reason to have fielded him as the presidential candidate for the APC. Blinded by ethnicity and religion ... they went back to the stone age to pick someone who has no depth, who thinks he can fix our economy by stabilizing oil prices.

Fashola is more smarter than Buhari ... is it truly a "progressive decision" to chose the duller among the two and expect him to deliver as well as the smarter one. Is that what we call been "Progressive".

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who would rather vote for someone who people say he is a thief than someone who tells me he is a saint while all his friends are thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by tomber(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
LogicPower:
1. Every objective and informed observer knows that GEJ has never been fully and whole-heartedly committed to fighting corruption. Evidence: Farouk Lawan, Bankole, Oduah, Diezani, Bode George, Aalamieyeseigha (and the near extinction of the EFCC, which has now been reduced to arresting petty criminals)

2. Every objective and informed observer knows that GEJ has never been fully and whole-heartedly committed to stopping the insurgency in the north. Evidence: right from the very first bomb he saw it as an opportunity to exploit to silence the Northern leaders, blackmail them and give them so much to battle with; the insurgency that started with a few largely unarmed ragtags was allowed to develop into a conflagration that is consuming the North.

3. Every objective and informed observer knows that GEJ has never been fully and whole-heartedly committed to rescuing the innocent CHIBOK GIRLS. Evidence: It took his government ten days, and the internationalization of the girls plight and the spontaneous global outrage, to make GEJ and his goons to even believe there was any kidnapping. And today the poor girls have spent 261 DAYS IN CAPTIVITY, and yet GEJ and his cohorts would prefer we ALL forget about them so as not to 'embarrass' his government!

I'm just stunned when GMB supporters think they are objective and informed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:48pm On Dec 31, 2014
jingh:
Are you expecting him to fight his elder brother.
Stealing is not corruption
Even the current ICPC Chairman corroborated Jonathan's statement that stealing is not corruption.
Where are we heading to in this country?
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by jingh(f): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Even the current ICPC Chairman corroborated Jonathan's statement that stealing is not corruption.
Where are we heading to in this country?
corrupting is now in the air we breath.
Change !
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by ademega(m): 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
God bless u , ur family and ur lineage . It shall be well with u
Gbawe:
@Topic.

Even in regards to corruption alone, minus everything else, GEJ deserves to be voted out. Pervasive corruption will always stifle the development and growth of any nation. Without tackling corruption, leadership effort in Nigeria simply resembles the futile attempt to gather water with a highly porous basket.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who does not want Nigeria to go from fry pan to fire. I am a Nigerian whose mind can hardly be swayed by media and propaganda. How can you tell me a man who who failed Nigeria in infrastructure, education, human right and most importantly the ECONOMY, is the best thing for Nigeria since slice bread. The man freaking left Nigeria bleeding in a much worse state.

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan... I am just a man who want Nigeria to not go back to the status quo. This administration has seen the complete alienation of people who think Nigeria is their private property ... they hate the fact that they no longer run things and loot the nation dry like they use to. They want power back to continue from where they stopped under the name of change deceiving gullible Nigerians.

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who hates to be lied to. who understands that when something looks so good to be true it is not. APC touts themselves as been progressive. Now judge this. Fashola's success in lagos state is really commendable and truly enough reason to have fielded him as the presidential candidate for the APC. Blinded by ethnicity and religion ... they went back to the stone age to pick someone who has no depth, who thinks he can fix our economy by stabilizing oil prices.

Fashola is more smarter than Buhari ... is it truly a "progressive decision" to chose the duller among the two and expect him to deliver as well as the smarter one. Is that what we call been "Progressive".

I am not a staunch supporter of Jonathan ... I am just a man who would rather vote for someone who people say he is a thief than someone who tells me he is a saint while all his friends are thieves.
Oga, Fashola is not the subject of our discourse. The delegates of APC chose Buhari as the party's candidate, not Atiku, Kwankwonso, Okorocha or Nda-Isaiah that contested with him; not to talk of Fashola who never contested. I hate when people say they would have loved to vote for APC if Fashola had been chosen as their candidate. Would you have loved to vote for PDP if Lamido had emerged the party's candidate?
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by aresa: 7:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
If somebody doesn’t believe there is a problem then he would not be obliged to look for solution.”

Very said and pathetic.. smh
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Boss13: 7:05pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

Oga, Fashola is not the subject of our discourse. The delegates of APC chose Buhari as the party's candidate, not Atiku, Kwankwonso, Okorocha or Nda-Isaiah that contested with him; not to talk of Fashola who never contested. I hate when people say they would have loved to vote for APC if Fashola had been chosen as their candidate. Would you have loved to vote for PDP if Lamido had emerged the party's candidate?

Please explain better to these guys. The nonsense I read here is amazing
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by aresa: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

I just laugh at their silliness and comedic nonsense. They think like elementary school kids..
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:18pm On Dec 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

We both know if the powers that be..wanted fashola he would be among the contestants.

Common VP they no give the guy. Because of religion and tribe. Is that really a progressive decision. Choosing and inexperienced lawyer to a tried and tested leader a true technocrat due to religion and tribe.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by IBROHIM: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2014
whiterock:

I am yet to see you condemn Buhari for asking his people to kill corpers and other Nigerians after he lost woefully to GEJ in the 2011 general elections. We know you are a lackey of the messenger, but, at least, attack the message and forget the messenger.

No man that has respect for life would condone that act.
my man corruption is the topic why derailing or are you also CORRUPT?
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

We both know if the powers that be..wanted fashola he would be among the contestants.

Common VP they no give the guy. Because of religion and tribe. Is that really a progressive decision. Choosing and inexperienced lawyer to a tried and tested leader a true technocrat due to religion and tribe.
There is nothing to say to you, this issue has been trashed severally here.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by LogicPower(m): 7:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
tomber:

I'm just stunned when GMB supporters think they are objective and informed.

Although in all my three assertions I used the words 'objective' and 'informed', none of the assertion implies what you get stunned about.

In other words, I did NOT claim that Buhari's supporters are objective and informed, though one can easily be tempted to think I did.

To let me break it simpler here:

!. whether GMB supporters themselves are ACTUALLY objective and informed or not;
!!.whether they THINK they are objective and informed or not;
!!!. whether I myself am ACTUALLY objective and informed or not:
!V. and whether I THINK I am objective and informed or not,

All these four situations have NOTHING to do with the VALIDITY or OTHERWISE of my assertion, which goes thus;

V. Every objective and informed observer knows that ----. My claim here, which can be true of false, is that WHOSOEVER satisfies the requirements of being objective and informed would know that -- - - -- - .
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:42pm On Dec 31, 2014
Brymo:
i av forgotten who said this self.
''corruption has found goodluck in Jonathan's administration''
one of the weakness of this govt is the peace corruption has in Nigeria.

True talk.

@Topic:

Akanbi is not alone on this, even America should know, the New York Times said the same thing; that Jonathan leads a corrupt government.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-leads-a-corrupt-government-says-new-york-times/

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gmb till CORRUPTION IS STEALING! #change2015 is inevitable!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by LouisVanGaal(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
eleojo23:

Government does have a part to play in the fight against corruption. But truth be told, if the people are not ready to change their ways, nothing will change much.
We have a flawed value system that will not be corrected by just sending people to jail. Waiting for one man (whoever it is) to come and totally stamp out corruption is unrealistic.
Everybody has a role to play in the fight against corruption and it all starts with a change of values to embrace honesty and transparent dealings with one another.

why are there laws? Who is the custodian of dose laws if not d govt? Govt MUST set a precedent for the people and they too must adhere to it @ all cost! That's d ONLY way corruption can be tackled!

If my father tells lies before me, it's actually going to rub off on me, cos I ud c it as a way of life and vice versa
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by aresa: 8:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

We both don't know anything because we don't think alike. Fashola wasn't interested in the position according to Fashola himself so why are you trying to force him on the party? He didn't beg for the position and he did not contest for it like the other candidates so what are you trying to kill yourself over? See me see trouble o...

They had a democratic process and they picked their preferred candidate so what's your own and irrelevant headache..?

President and VP is not the only way to serve and offer meaningful contribution on behalf of the people.

Leave Fashola alone and face your own market..
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Orikinla(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2014
proxillin:

100 Likes.
At the end of the day, the righteous will laugh last no matter the lies and wickedness of those who don't want a New Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Ferdinandu(m): 8:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:
According to Transparency international, Under Jonathan Nigerian in I year we went from 31th most corrupt country to 39th. 8steps forward

What happened? Was there actually a successful fight against corruption or did other countries just become more corrupt.
Well, this is what happened.

There are two sides to the fight. Prevention and punishment . while little has been seen regarding punishment, a lot has been done to prevent corruption. from strict banking rules, to transparent contract award and execution to more professional procurement processes and proper accounting processes. CBN, Ministry of finance and other government agencies have improved their processes to a good extent.
Is 39th most corrupt nation worth celebrating? Not at all. but Rome was not built in a day as they say.

The sad part is that all this means nothing to the Public. proper record keeping is no news. they want someone to be hanged. they want a 'big' man to be humiliated. the people want blood. and in this regard, the government gave them nothing. No politician in jail. no body to ridicule. So all the good behind the scene work has no political value. OBJ administration had terrible processes. Corruption was huge, but he gave the public the ''punishment'' they craved. Even if it was mainly visited on his political opponents, the people loved it.
This government has actually done a lot, but punishment is the only way to show you are fighting corruption. They simply did not ''show working'', thereby exposing itself to the accusation of tolerating corruption. Don't just work, be seen to be working. Its also called ''eye service''.

- A.C

He is also the first Nigerian president to grant complete independence to the EFCC.
Abeg Tell that to the birds. Proper record keeping my foot.. And the so called coordinating Minister of the Economy did not know that within 3yrs an equivalent of one yr budget has grown wings.. We want people to be hanged, if possible burned non sense.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Xxpress(m): 8:49pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gbawe:

As usual, attack the messenger and ignore the message which is correct in its entirety. I hope you know that what you do here is something honourable and/or upright men would never do.

Better to say nothing than deploy the shameful and condemnable tactics of attacking the messenger alone with the intention of diverting attention away from the 100% correct message.
I wish I can like ur Reply more than once. U Are on point 100%
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ferdinandu:
Abeg Tell that to the birds. Proper record keeping my foot.. And the so called coordinating Minister of the Economy did not know that within 3yrs an equivalent of one yr budget has grown wings.. We want people to be hanged, if possible burned non sense.

@bolded If that is what you want your buhari has already told us he would not be doing that ... He is giving all the former thieves a clean bill of health and would not go after past corrupt leaders. The reason is not far fetched because If he wants to start hanging and and burning people he would burn all his friends, Infact 75% of those in APC would be cooling off in jail. He might even have to burn himself as well.
Re: Jonathan Not Fighting Corruption – Ex-ICPC Chairman. by Ferdinandu(m): 9:09pm On Dec 31, 2014
Matthewbriggs:

If that is what you want your buhari has already told us he would not be doing that ... He is giving all the former thieves a clean bill of health and would not go after past corrupt leaders. The reason is not far fetched because If he wants to start hanging and and burning people he would burn all his friends, Infact 75% of those in APC would be cooling off in jail. He might even have to burn himself as well.

Nobody is asking GEJ to go back and prosecute anybody but to start now and hold anybody still stealing our common wealth but he is not doing that, instead he is giving them Presidential pardon and special blessing to go and enjoy their looted treasure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Obi Supporters Tag Supporters Of Other Candidates Fake? / Another Court grants EFCC's Request To Arrest Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello / Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.