Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) (23317 Views)

Newswatch Magazine Headline About Buhari And PTF: Throwback / Buhari's PTF Motor Spotted In Enugu (Photo) / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
@Ngwakwe
Why did you delete the comment you just made? shocked
Anyway this is my response below:

The best thing is that an internet search won't show you a lot on PTF projects because that era in the 90s was before the GSM and internet revolution on Nigeria.

Newspaper archives give us glimpse of the good things that GMB did under Buhari. The other clues are first hand experience from Nigerians. I witnessed PTF buses in schools and hospitals, subsidized drugs in hospitals, classroom and lecture hall blocks in Universiries, lab equipments, roads etc.

No one can erase this from people's memories.

4 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Abagworo(m): 12:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:
The best thing is that an internet search won't show you a lot on PTF projects because that era in the 90s was before the GSM and internet revolution on Nigeria.

Newspaper archives give us glimpse of the good things that GMB did under Buhari. The other clues are first hand experience from Nigerians. I witnessed PTF buses in schools and hospitals, subsidized drugs in hospitals, classroom and lecture hall blocks in Universiries, lab equipments, roads etc.

No one can erase this from people's memories.

The most important to me is the road connecting Port Harcourt vua Emolga to Buguma and Degema. PTF was legendary.

5 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
Abagworo:

The most important to me is the road connecting Port Harcourt vua Emolga to Buguma and Degema. PTF was legendary.

This is exactly what I mean. A lot of fond memories of PTF's achievement by people from various walks of life / ethnicity can't be erased just because of elections

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Ngwakwe: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

This is exactly what I mean. A lot of fond memories of PTF's achievement by people from various walks of life / ethnicity can't be erased just because of elections

Nobody is talking about what money can do or did rather the flaws in its management as it relates to equitable distribution across regions and the exaggerated estimates without details for further verification for most listed items which I know are lies.

PTF was synonymous with corruption against what the article portrayed and the distribution was engraved in ethnocentric policies hence my criticism of the whole write-up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Nobody is talking about what money can do or did rather the flaws in its management as it relates to equitable distribution across regions and the exaggerated estimates without details for further verification for most listed items which I know are lies.

PTF was synonymous with corruption against what the article portrayed and the distribution was engraved in ethnocentric policies hence my criticism of the whole write-up.

NLs are aware that any stories of PTF corruption never indicted GMB and no one was prosecuted even by a hostile OBJ Gov't and EFCC.

OBJ recently said that GMB's PTF was given a clean bill of health from a corruption perspective under his administration

1. List SURE-Ps achievements.
It was a similar project that Chris Kolade ran under GEJ before resigning due to missing monies ~N500Billion.

2. Explain why NOI has refused to release the PwC audit report on NNPC after two promised deadlines of Nov. 2014 and Jan. 2015. You were defending her blatantly

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Mopolchi: 2:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
mikolo80:
for your mind Jonathan is that leader abi. AntiCorruption is the presidents no. 1 job.he needs to make sure ministers don't steal so they can implement budgets connect the dots
has Jona delivered power,food,
jobs or security?
Between the two, I am yet to decide. But I think Jona has started some meaningful projects in power, food and job. May be the impact of these is small, at least, there is an impact. The sector heavily hampered under Jona is security. For Buhari, I am not sure that he can take this nation to the next level. He has ruled and fought corruption, which took much of his time as our leader and many people suffered. Take this instance into perspective, around 1983-85, Gen Buhari closed down most canteens in our universities just because of corruption which marred the management of these canteens. The result of this act was that many suffered to buy things they would need. In fact, oga Jona doing his Ph.D. then, had to stand in line throughout the night to buy just 2 tins of milk. Hope this is not the kind of government you want from Buhari?

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
Mopolchi:
Between the two, I am yet to decide. But I think Jona has started some meaningful projects in power, food and job. May be the impact of these is small, at least, there is an impact. The sector heavily hampered under Jona is security. For Buhari, I am not sure that he can take this nation to the next level. He has ruled and fought corruption, which took much of his time as our leader and many people suffered. Take this instance into perspective, around 1983-85, Gen Buhari closed down most canteens in our universities just because of corruption which marred the management of these canteens. The result of this act was that many suffered to buy things they would need. In fact, oga Jona doing his Ph.D. then, had to stand in line throughout the night to buy just 2 tins of milk. Hope this is not the kind of government you want from Buhari?

GEJ stood in line in 1983. He said so himself. The coup that brought Buhari power occured on Dec 31, 1983.
So blame Shagari not Buhari for GEJ's woes if true.

I believe you have not heard of austerity measures and what they prevent. If you have, you would be appreciating Buhari and chastising GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Ngwakwe: 2:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

NLs are aware that any stories of PTF corruption never indicted GMB and no one was prosecuted even by a hostile OBJ Gov't and EFCC.

OBJ recently said that GMB's PTF was given a clean bill of health from a corruption perspective under his administration

It's a pity this same mumbo-jumbo by OBJ will be quoted by some gullible researchers in the future.

It is important to remember Buhari's categorical assertion that Abacha's regime wasn't corrupt and what we now know.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Mopolchi: 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

GEJ stood in line in 1983. He said so himself. The coup that brought Buhari power occured on Dec 31, 1983.
So blame Shagari not Buhari for GEJ's woes if true.

I believe you have not heard of austerity measures and what they prevent. I you have, you would be appreciating Buhari and chastising GEJ.
Enlighten me more of the austerity measures so I can decide for Buhari.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 2:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

It's a pity this same mumbo-jumbo by OBJ will be quoted by some gullible researchers in the future.

It is important to remember Buhari's categorical assertion that Abacha's regime wasn't corrupt and what we now know.

I think you intentionally ignored this part of my post you quoted maybe out of tunnel vision.

Kindly respond to these:

LRNZH:

1. List SURE-Ps achievements.
It was a similar project that Chris Kolade ran under GEJ before resigning due to missing monies ~N500Billion.
2. Explain why NOI has refused to release the PwC audit report on NNPC after two promised deadlines of Nov. 2014 and Jan. 2015. You were defending her blatantly

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 2:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
Mopolchi:
Enlighten me more of the austerity measures so I can decide for Buhari.

I am glad you ask.
Read this thread on Buharinomics.

https://www.nairaland.com/2083637/buharinomics-head-state-refused-devalue
Tell me if GEJ's policies are not a joke after reading. Who you vote for is your choice but be very informed before you make that decision.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by anonimi: 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by scholarben: 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
TIME FOR MOBILE MARKETERS

I will give u access to complete Nigerian phone numbers categorised into 36 different states in Nigeria including fct for a token of #2500
Chat me on whatsapp @0816539fourtyfiftyone
political party members act fast
Bonus package I will give out 11000 Nigerian emails for d first 10 people
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:
any projects from.his days as head of state
or is ptf all he can cling to grin

Just 18months in office o!
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by rozayx5(m): 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
Asiwaju9ja:

Just 18months in office o!

keep reducing the months from 20
next it will 3 months

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

A man's true character does not wait for positions of leadership to manifest. Just read the following pockets facts about GMB. Mind you we have no records of GEJ's achievements as Bayelsa's Governor or Dep. Governor.

GMB Pocket Facts

Remember Buhari's regime only lasted from December 31, 1983 – August 27, 1985. Barely two years. Even at that, he stabilized the inflation rate and stamped out misappropriation of funds from the Shagari era.

Apart from being a military president, He was
1. Governor of the then Northeastern State (August 1975 – March 1976), under Gen. Murtala Mohammed;

2.Federal Commisioner (Minister) of Petroleum (March 1976 – July 1978) when the Warri and Kaduna Refineries were built; and

3. PTF Chairman (1993 - 1998). A 1998 report in New African praised the PTF under Buhari for its transparency, calling it a rare "success story".

No portfolio that GEJ had held in history has had a success history close to GMB's performance.

GEJ promised Stable Power in 2011 and Refineries in 2012. Where are they?

we still have at least two legacies from GMB that persist to this day

environmental sanitation
WAI [be it kai or some other pseudonym]

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
oyb:

we still have at least two legacies from GMB that persist to this day

environmental sanitation
WAI [be it kai or some other pseudonym]

GMB is a man with many admirable legacies.
He is one in town

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by ceejayluv(m): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
"Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a Master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition" - Wole Soyinka.

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by skak(m): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2015
There is time for everything...
February 1 = B
February 2 = U
February 3 = H
February 4 = A
February 5 = R
February 6 = I
February 7 = O
February 8 = S
February 9 = I
February10= N
February11= B
February12= A
February13= J
February14= O
Hope this Equation is balance?
BUHARI OSINBAJO = FEBRUARY 14.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by fchibu(m): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
dcaliph:
Can we compare GMB PTDF to GEJ SURE-P?

SAI BUHARI
That can never be compare in anyway. What have we gain from the so called sure-p
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Ahmeduana(m): 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
atlwireles:
I expect this thread to die the natural death, most APC lying threads die. angry angry angry angry
MAN MI I DEY GBADUN YOU, I LIKE AS YOU REFUTE THE LIES OF THESE APC ZOMBIE! See as you remove their lies as if na ribs and bones of butchered goat meat naim you dey commot. BIG THANK YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Maser: 3:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

For posterity sake remove this paid publication and concocted lies out from Nairaland.

You think we weren't alive then. What sort of journalistic and political fraud of article is this?

For a valid news article, the names of the roads with their corresponding distances and types of work done should be listed and not this junk.

How does it sound to list the names of cities as project sites without further details?

Can't you differentiate between political talk and reality.

Can you imagine that corruption laden PTF was described as transparent and corruption free.

With what we now know about corruption and mismanagement of PTF funds and the recoverables, can this paid publication of a political fraud stand scrutiny?

You're a disgusting politically-hired internet warrior bent on turning the truth on its head. Buhari is an upright man and it is only those of you on the side of darkness that would attack his sterling qualities.

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by TippyTop(m): 4:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
atlwireles:
I expect this thread to die the natural death, most APC lying threads die. angry angry angry angry

Thanks for exposing this elaborate twisting of facts by APC paid hacks.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by TippyTop(m): 4:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
Maser:

You're a disgusting politically-hired internet warrior bent on turning the truth on its head. Buhari is an upright man and it is only those of you on the side of darkness that would attack his sterling qualities.
Did you read those articles posted by atlwireles? Or your brain is too small to decipher the article?

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 4:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
TippyTop:

Did you read those articles posted by atlwireles? Or your brain is too small to decipher the article?

If OBJ can come out to say GMB was not corrupt in his handling of PTF who is atlwireless?

Remember how Ribadu's EFCC was so ruthless under OBJ. Yet not a single charge was brought against GMB even when GMB contested against OBJ in 2003.
Knowing OBJ, EFCC would have torn GMB to shreds if GMB was culpable in anyway.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by otigbagba: 4:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:

we have busted the refinery lie. find something else. the head of state signs and appropriates funds fir such. buhari did nothing as head of state
i challenge you to show me any reasonable project buhari completed of started as head of state

PTF was scrapped and probed only to find inflated contracts
governor of north eastern states. no legacy

this thread made fp today
nairaland officially belongs to APC

Meanwhile buhari defends decree 4
https://www.nairaland.com/2123778/ban-press-Isembarrass-public-officer#30320603
..is obvious how Tanoids try so hard to pull out corruption stories against Gmb..yet they find none....Jonathan dines and sleeps with corruption. ..A president shameless enof to use FFk in his campaign team..a man with fraudulent charges hanging over his head ...Gej pardoned Aleimes...d man oozes corruption. D TWO Candidates not really d best but for now Gmb will do...next pls
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by rozayx5(m): 4:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
otigbagba:
..is obvious how Tanoids try so hard to pull out corruption stories against Gmb..yet they find none....Jonathan dines and sleeps with corruption. ..A president shameless enof to use FFk in his campaign team..a man with fraudulent charges hanging over his head ...Gej pardoned Aleimes...d man oozes corruption. D TWO Candidates not really d best but for now Gmb will do...next pls

yea he will do in the North, GMB will never smell Aso rock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by TippyTop(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:

If OBJ can come out to say GMB was not corrupt in his handling of PTF who is atlwireless?

Remember how Ribadu's EFCC was so ruthless under OBJ. Yet not a single charge was brought against GMB even when GMB contested against OBJ in 2003.
Knowing OBJ, EFCC would have torn GMB to shreds if GMB was culpable in anyway.

OBJ saying Buhari is not a thief is same as Anini exonerating Oyenusi of robbery allegations.
OBJ himself is corrupt, he looted #16bil trying to fix electricity, he has no moral authority to speak about corruption.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by otigbagba: 4:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:

yea he will do in the North, GMB will never smell Aso rock
...guess u will run to Sudan when he wins
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by rozayx5(m): 4:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
otigbagba:
...guess u will run to Sudan when he wins

guess he will run arewa republic with sales from Onions grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why The North Suddenly Cares About Northern Lives By Farooq A. Kperogi / You Have Failed Bayelsans, Amaechi Tells Jonathan / A Place Saved From Erosion In Anambra: Before And After Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.