Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,968 members, 7,952,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:02 AM

PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) (23766 Views)

Newswatch Magazine Headline About Buhari And PTF: Throwback / Buhari's PTF Motor Spotted In Enugu (Photo) / S’south Got Lion’s Share Of PTF Projects Under Buhari - Figures Don't Lie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 12:28am On Jan 02, 2015
calebo101:
Gone through the link and it's same story of awarded or earmarked project but not eyemarked.!

So wouldn't it be fair to give kudos to Jonathan for awarding the contract and seeing it come to fruition despite the challenges he's facing?

Abacha awarded, couldn't deliver.. Obasanjo awarded, couldn't deliver. Jonathan awarded and it's being delivered! Isn't that progress sir?

My friend, I am more analytical with this. .

Daily Trust's version is that the revival occurred under Abacha but because the article is dated, it doesn't cover Jonathan's time frame.

Punch's view is all have failed- Abacha, Obasanjo and Jonathan.

My personal experience is that Abacha did have some revival. I had a relative who worked with the Railways then. I'd even wager that Jonathan is yet to get to the levels achieved under Abacha.

My grouse with Jonathan is that Railways is not on the top three priorities of Nigeria. He's not focusing on the right priorities. We need stable Power, functional Refineries and Security to seriously jump-start Nigeria's economy.

With those three in place, Educations, Railways, Road, Health Care, Manufacturing will need less Gov't intervention.

I suspect he had a MAULAG moment and went for Railways because Yaradua was sceptical to award those contracts.

6 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

My friend, I am more analytical with this. .

Daily Trust's version is that the revival occurred under Abacha but because the article is dated, it doesn't cover Jonathan's time frame.

Punch's view is all have failed- Abacha, Obasanjo and Jonathan.

My personal experience is that Abacha did have some revival. I had a relative who worked with the Railways then. I'd even wager that Jonathan is yet to get to the levels achieved under Abacha.

My grouse with Jonathan is that Railways is not on the top three priorities of Nigeria. He's not focusing on the right priorities. We need stable Power, functional Refineries and Security to seriously jump-start Nigeria's economy.

With those three in place, Educations, Railways, Road, Health Care, Manufacturing will need less Gov't intervention.

I suspect he had a MAULAG moment and went for Railways because Yaradua was sceptical to award those contracts.

But you're quick to state always that buhari under PTF built roads. Why did he not concentrate on the conditions you aforementioned to jump start Nigeria?

When buhari was head of state, what was his policies on power generation? Why have you not tackled buhari for building roads as you assert but attack Jonathan for reviving the railways?

And the railways sector under Abacha experienced some revival? Like seriously?? You don't have to be biased you know, you can still be fair and state your case.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 1:05am On Jan 02, 2015
calebo101:

But you're quick to state always that buhari under PTF built roads. Why did he not concentrate on the conditions you aforementioned to jump start Nigeria?

When buhari was head of state, what was his policies on power generation? Why have you not tackled buhari for building roads as you assert but attack Jonathan for reviving the railways?

And the railways sector under Abacha experienced some revival? Like seriously?? You don't have to be biased you know, you can still be fair and state your case.

[b]Buhari was PTF Chairman. The position Christopher Kolade held at SURE-P before he resigned amidst allegations of missing N500 Billion. Infact, SURE-P, is modeled after PTF. Even GEJ admitted that Abacha had the most comprehensive national development plant among recent Gov'ts.

PTF's funds were from the partial subsidy removal under Abacha when he increased pump price from N3.25 to N11 per liter. PTF total working capital was around 150 Billion Naira over 4 years. That's chicken change when it comes to fixing power generation and transmission.

Buhari had orders from Abacha on what sectors to focus on. He was even made to transfer 20% of PTF allocation to the Armed Forces. He was following orders.

I'd Blame Abacha for not fixing Power and not Buhari. Same way I'll Blame GEJ but not Kolade.
GEJ will carry more blame because he had the highest oil price in history of Nigerian leaders. He also promised two working refineries to get off the hook during the Occupy Nigeria protests. Nothing to show so far. However, under Abacha they were TAMs carried out on all refineries. Abacha improved Nigeria's refining capacity. That wasn't through PTF though.

As Head of State, Buhari/Idiagbon had less than two years (Dec. 1983 - Aug. 1985) to make impact. The initial challenge was to curb hyperinflation, reduce funds misappropriation and instill discipline. And they achieved this.

Babangida's coup is one of he worst things to ever happen to Nigeria because he ruined Nigeria. We don't have enough data to judge Buhari as a president (<2 yrs is short), but I highly believe it would have been better than a lot of our past and current leadership judging by Buhari's antecedents as Federal Commissioner of Petroleum under Murtala Mohammed and PTF Chairman under Abacha.

The problem with comparing Military and Civilian Gov'ts is that the latter should be better planners because they have a known time frame. On the flip side the Military rule by decree hence can make things happen faster but they're never cognizant of the time they'll leave power except a few that handed over. Its comparing Apples to Orange in a way.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Caleb101 are you there? Do you still think otherwise?

I hope I convinced a vote for GMB 2015.

4 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 7:48am On Jan 02, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
LRNZH...badoleee! gringringrin...keep causing dem grief!

Brother, remember the saying- evil triumphs when good men keep quiet?

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by tit(f): 8:06am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

what you smoke keeps you in an alternate universe!
Your demi-god Buhrai's fraud in the PTF has been exposed for the world to see and yet you are hi-fiving yourselves here!
what are you celebrating?
fraud?
nepotism?
is it not remarkable Buhari imported fake and expired drugs through PTF,
then subsequently your sister Dora Akunyili started fighting against fake and expired drugs which killed millions of Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 8:16am On Jan 02, 2015
tit:

what you smoke keeps you in an alternate universe!
Your demi-god Buhrai's fraud in the PTF has been exposed for the world to see and yet you are hi-fiving yourselves here!
what are you celebrating?
fraud?
nepotism?
is it not remarkable Buhari imported fake and expired drugs through PTF,
then subsequently your sister Dora Akunyili started fighting against fake and expired drugs which killed millions of Nigerians!

Jesus Christ. Pretty girl why are doing this?
You do not know Dora's story. Buhari was a major part of her success story.

Please read: http://www.gongnews.net/untold-stories-of-dora-akunyilis-death-rise-to-stardom/

Her name remains Mrs Dora Nkem Akunyili. She was the Zonal Secretary (South-east) of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund in 1998. She was ill and attended a Nigerian hospital where the doctors gave her what many of her family members considered to be a health scare. They said she had a growth and she needed a surgery to correct same.

Akunyili, then 44 years of age, decided to travel to the United States, first to get a second medical opinion and then undergo the prescribed surgery there. The bill for the medical trip was $17,000, including $12,000 for the surgery which the PTF under General Muhammadu Buhari paid for.

American doctors were wrong: During pre-surgery check-up in the US, the doctors told her that their Nigerian counterparts had made a wrong diagnosis and that she did not need any surgery. It was said to be a minor issue that medication would solve.

[b] She thanked the doctors and, to their surprise, said she was going to return the money meant for the surgery to PTF. She instructed the hospital to revert the funds back to the PTF. To the Americans, this was strange by standards known of Nigerians. They marveled.

Nigerian government officials under such circumstances would have devised a way of making sure such monies were not returned to the treasury but paid into their private accounts.

Dora was reported to Buhari: The hospital when they were returning the fund back to Nigeria informed the PTF, under the leadership of Major General Muhammadu Buhari, in writing, about one honest Nigerian they had found. Buhari, himself a straightforward person, was very impressed. He went on to write a letter to Akunyili commending her honesty.

NAFDAC: Then came 2001. President Olusegun Obasanjo wanted to appoint a director-general for the National Agency for Drug and Food Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and asked for the recommendation of an honest Nigerian pharmacist. Akunyili’s name promptly came up. Someone who had heard about her PTF record recommended her. That person saw Buhari's commendation note.

There was a little problem, a Nigerian problem. Objections were raised that the minister of health, Prof. ABC Nwosu, was an Igbo from Anambra State and NAFDAC, being a powerful agency under the ministry, should not be headed by another Igbo from Anambra.

It was also argued that the market for fake and substandard products were controlled by the Igbo, with Onitsha – also in Anambra State – a major centre for the illicit business. She was going to protect “her people”, the antagonists said.

Obasanjo, stubborn to the cause, ignored the observations and appointed her. [/b] She went on to do a credible job and ended up as one of the most outstanding public officers in Nigeria’s history, celebrated locally and globally.

She had lost a sister to fake drugs, and that was perhaps the impetus she needed to go on the offensive.... .

Please let's be a bit more upright with our assertions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:34am On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

True talk!
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Mopolchi: 11:45am On Jan 02, 2015
GenBuhari:
please let us not forget to give some credit to Gen. Sani Abacha who set up PTF and wisely appointed Buhari - another evidence Abacha was not corrupt
That Buhari was appointed by Abacha makes Abacha not corrupt. SMH. Let me ask: is corruption the main purpose of your vying for the office of the presidency? Corruption is not the only ill Nigeria is suffering. If you fight corruption at the top, what of the ones done in the streets? We need a leader that has Nigerians in heart, that is, one who care for our welfare. We need jobs, power, security and food. And not one who all the time talk of corruption as if its our only problem.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Walphem(m): 12:19pm On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]What 'truths' did you bust? Let me get you out of your TANoid state of mind: Read and pay attention to the dates in red.

Warri Refinery:
The contract was for the design, procurement and construction of a new grassroots petroleum refinery in Warri. The design capacity of the refinery was 100,000 bpd and the project duration was 30 months. This project was completed and the Warri Refinery was commissioned in 1978. http://www.wrpcnnpcng.com/about2.htm

Kaduna Refinery:
The lubricating oil complex of Kaduna Refinery is the first of its kind in West Africa and one of the largest in Africa. The consulting firm, KING WILKINSON of Hague, Holland, in conjunction with NNPC engineers, developed the plan for the refinery. The contract for construction was awarded to CHIYODA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING & CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OF YOKOHAMA, Japan in 1977.
The Refinery project was completed and the Fuels Plant was commissioned in 1980. However the Lubes Plant was commissioned in 1983 and Petrochemical Plant much later in 1988. The initial operation and maintenance was carried out by Nigerian Staff and expatriate personnel as technical back up. By 1985, Nigerian staff had virtually taken over all the maintenance and operations. http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Remember [/b]

You're a difficult case but hopefully you're reformed.

This is a perfect way to respond to criticism, no name calling, no insult simple REFRENCES of his argument, I hope I can get SURE-P records or any other records in this way from the GEJ guys.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Walphem(m): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:
I think Nairaland rule should boldly indicate no argument without FACTs, guy you are mean....just digging up facts and making TAN guys feels awkward.

The total length of Federal Government highway roads in Nigeria is 34,340.90Km comprising of 20,452.3km Asphaltic concrete, 8,000.9km surface dressed and 5,887.7km gravel or earth. http://www.kwarastate.gov.ng/statistics/transportationandcommunication/roadnetworkinnigeriaandncz.php#sthash.3exMJx3G.dpufPTF

PTF claimed to have rehabilitated 12,000km of federal highways (including drainages) nationwide, and between 25-100km of urban road in major cities such as Gusau, Benin, Funtua, Zaria, Enugu, Kaduna, Aba, Lagos, Lokoja, and Port Harcourt.

12,000km out of 34,340.90Km.
Is that too much maths for you? Ok, let me help. That's roughly 35%.

Offer an apology or forever hold your peace for trying to subvert the truth.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by ogaLRNZH: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
We all want to see SURE-P records.

Walphem:

This is a perfect way to respond to criticism, no name calling, no insult simple REFRENCES of his argument, I hope I can get SURE-P records or any other records in this way from the GEJ guys.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by ILRNZH: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
Walphem:

Unlike TANoids, the Buharists are more civil and articulated. The evidence is all over the Politics section.

3 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Abagworo(m): 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Have these people carried these lies to Nairaland?

A success story that kept Nigeria underdeveloped, impoverished, infrastructurally deficient and more also created tens of millions almajiris roaming the streets across Northern Nigeria when the opportunity to eradicate the menace called.

There is no length these repackaging machineries won't go to decorate a too-dented commodity.

It seems their target is Nigerians born after Buhari's infamous, sectional and corrupt laden PTF.

Youths and Nigerians done suffer. A season of grandstanding half-truth, deception and outright lies.

The PTF even claimed to rehabilitate roads more than total of what we have in Nigeria today.

You are the one not being sincere. I remember that every school I ever went to had PTF presence. The roads that lead to Riverine areas of Rivers State were PTF projects connecting Islands in Kalabari area to Port Harcourt. I give it to Buhari any day any time forever and ever.

4 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Ngwakwe: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2015
Abagworo:

You are the one not being sincere. I remember that every school I ever went to had PTF presence. The roads that lead to Riverine areas of Rivers State were PTF projects connecting Islands in Kalabari area to Port Harcourt. I give it to Buhari any day any time forever and ever.

It is a lie because it lacked verifiable specifics and was a total exaggeration

The publication is a fraud and a paid job. Where are the details to ascertain types, locations and distances etc?

Maybe, Nyesom Wike did twice far better job in Imo State than Buhari. Do you know that some of those Rochas Schools in Imo State now have UBE marked on them?

PTF was transparent and corruption free and that you can vouch for? Hell No

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by ILRNZH: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2015
What is funny on this thread is how someone who is just an observer of national issues on papers, radio, TV and on the Internet feels he/she has the right to decide what is true and what's not, hence block or ban posters in that regard.

If men were God...

3 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by tit(f): 6:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
LRNZH:

[s]Jesus Christ. Pretty girl why are doing this?
You do not know Dora's story. Buhari was a major part of her success story.
[/s]

Please read: http://www.gongnews.net/untold-stories-of-dora-akunyilis-death-rise-to-stardom/

[i]Her name remains Mrs Dora Nkem Akunyili. She was the Zonal Secretary (South-east) of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund in 1998. [/b]

you too like fabuu and you do not use your brain.

Buhari and akunyili imported fake drugs together in PTF.
after obasanjo sacked buhari from PTF,
he asked akunyili to go and recover all the fake drugs they brought into the country!

you send thief to catch theif!
that is why people feel the best job for buhari is efcc chairman.
buhari is a theif!
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by ILRNZH: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2015
tit:

you too like fabuu and you do not use your brain.

Buhari and akunyili imported fake drugs together in PTF.
after obasanjo sacked buhari from PTF,
he asked akunyili to go and recover all the fake drugs they brought into the country!

you send thief to catch theif!
that is why people feel the best job for buhari is efcc chairman.
buhari is a theif!

I suspect you're just being unreasonable or playful now. You can talk to me.

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 9:58am On Jan 03, 2015
I'm back!

What a ban. PHEW!!

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by babse(m): 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
Hey LRNZH. I've been combing through Nairaland for gems like these. My reaching out to you is two fold. First for your assistance with a Buhari related project I am working on (time is really of the essence with elections just around the corner). I have also reached out to @GenBuhari for his contribution.

Please do let me know how you can be reached.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 3:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
babse:
Hey LRNZH. I've been combing through Nairaland for gems like these. My reaching out to you is two fold. First for your assistance with a Buhari related project I am working on (time is really of the essence with elections just around the corner). I have also reached out to @GenBuhari for his contribution.

Please do let me know how you can be reached.

I acknowledge the receipt of your email. I admire your aspiration.
I shall respond before the end of today.
You know these matters have to be handled wisely.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2015
We desire another shine in the gloom of Nigeria.

GMB 2015

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
dcaliph:
LRNZH the Fact Finder.

Dude I damn good I must say. Pulling out statistics like no man's biz
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 7:49am On Jan 07, 2015
Lol so this thread does not make front page but a questionable report on GMB's stewardship of PTF makes FP.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 10:04am On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH:
Lol so this thread does not make front page but a questionable report on GMB's stewardship of PTF makes FP.

cc: Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove, Maclatunji
This thread is too good to be ignored. Thanks.
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Smart007i(m): 11:08am On Feb 01, 2015
Ngwakwe:

For posterity sake remove this paid publication and concocted lies out from Nairaland.

You think we weren't alive then. What sort of journalistic and political fraud of article is this?

For a valid news article, the names of the roads with their corresponding distances and types of work done should be listed and not this junk.

How does it sound to list the names of cities as project sites without further details?

Can't you differentiate between political talk and reality.

Can you imagine that corruption laden PTF was described as transparent and corruption free.

With what we now know about corruption and mismanagement of PTF funds and the recoverables, can this paid publication of a political fraud stand scrutiny?
Is this person even a Nigerian ? I doubt it,
For The record, till date... go to school Liberies and General Hospitals Nation wide, you'll still see work done by PTF
The good thing is they are always Branded. they are not hard to find.

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 11:12am On Feb 01, 2015
Smart007i:

For The record, till date... go to school Liberies and General Hospitals Nation wide, you'll still see work done by PTF

Maybe he was outside of the country during this period.
I was dumbfounded as well.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 01, 2015
LRNZH, I'm surprised that I didn't see this thread before now. You'll never find topics like this on the FP. I even created one yesterday. www.nairaland.com/2123292/transparency-activists-challenge-okonjo-iweala

You remember that thread on what we could achieve with $10B...That thread never made FP because someone decided to be biased.

Only wicked and unpatriotic Nigerians will vote for GEJ. If an amount of money that could transform Nigeria could get missing just like that under GEJ, why should we vote for him again? They must release the audit report before they leave office on May 29...so we can decide weda they are going to prison or not.

There's no success story about SURE-P
because the funds have been looted.

We need to educate Nigerians.

I think ngwakwe's sense of reasoning has been clouded with ethnic bigotry. He sees facts staring at him in the face and still dares to raise objections.

2 Likes

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by mikolo80: 11:36am On Feb 01, 2015
rozayx5:

why are you crediting projects done by other heads of state to Buhari
what has buhari achieved as head of state, stop beating around the bush
i cant jump the head of state and credit a mega project like a refinery to a minister who does not have the power to award such contracts
shebi he eas tgr supervising minister (followed orders)
as head of state he faced corruption and Indiscipline(root of all our problems)
its like you de collect your own share from Jonathan ba
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by LRNZH(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2015
sureguy02:
LRNZH, I'm surprised that I didn't see this thread before now. You'll never find topics like this on the FP.

You remember that thread on what we could achieve with $10B...That thread never made FP because someone decided to be biased.

We need to educate Nigerians.

I think nwagkwe's sense of reasoning has been clouded with ethnic bigotry. He sees facts staring at him in the face and still dares to raise objections.

Thats so on point.
I know Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove and Maclatunji amongst other mods are open minded.

1 Like

Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by mikolo80: 11:44am On Feb 01, 2015
Mopolchi:
That Buhari was appointed by Abacha makes Abacha not corrupt. SMH. Let me ask: is corruption the main purpose of your vying for the office of the presidency? Corruption is not the only ill Nigeria is suffering. If you fight corruption at the top, what of the ones done in the streets? We need a leader that has Nigerians in heart, that is, one who care for our welfare. We need jobs, power, security and food. And not one who all the time talk of corruption as if its our only problem.
for your mind Jonathan is that leader abi. AntiCorruption is the presidents no. 1 job.he needs to make sure ministers don't steal so they can implement budgets connect the dots
has Jona delivered power,food,
jobs or security?
Re: PTF: Shining In The Gloom (The Buhari Success Story) by Ngwakwe: 12:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
Smart007i:

All these children on Nairaland with zero life experience won't learn from gladiators but choose to rely only on search engines when they can't distinguish between fictions and real life stories.

The good thing about my comments and critiques are their credibility and reliability borne out of rich experience and on the spot analyses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: How Dambazau Lost Out In NSA Race / 4 New Governors To Watch / Withdraw MC Oluomo’s Suspension - NURTW Elders Give National Body Seven Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.