Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels (26336 Views)

Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States Hit The Market As Price Of Tomatoe Crashes / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Crashes To N300 From N5000 A Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by redcliff: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
honjohnbright:

Na ur type no fit obey traffic
Na ur type no fit dispose purewater n other sachets properly
Na ur type talk because of talk sake rather than talk with sense
Finally na ur types b d real clueless ones

Appreciate one single good move

You do not know me, neither do i know you. its safe to say your points are baseless and if these are the things you "supposed" claim I do, you are also guilty of them. I know this government and I am saying these things based on what I know.. So you can like to buzz off...
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by texazzpete(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:
Ok, let's go get some

Yippee kai yay MF! Fp is hot.

First of all, Nigeria import over 60percent for local consumption. local production is only for a certain type, so realistically, the effect of this crash is poitive as it affects most Nigerians. There is no effect on the econony- don't go into assumption, understand the market first before you judge.

So basically, the severity of the import ban itself was ill-advised. Another showcase for how clueless this Jonathan Administration is.

Same way they are brainlessly trying to raise import duties on Tokunbo cars while the locally assembly plants cannot even meet demand for Aba alone, and the diversity in locally produced cars is minimal.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by redcliff: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

Bro, before spilling junk out of your mouth, stop and think. It will do you good.

Fish is not irrelevant-Nigerians eat it.

Secondly, PMS is already heavily subsidized, reduction in world oil price will reduce the amount paid as subsidy and not flow into the current price at the filling stations immediately except the subsidy is completely removed either by government or the world oil price.

The reduction of Fish prices is not what we were/ever/are clamoring for.. It was never even in the agenda.. Why leave the agenda and focus on things that are more attention demanding?!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 1:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:
Ok, let's go get some

Yippee kai yay MF! Fp is hot.

First of all, Nigeria import over 60percent for local consumption. local production is only for a certain type, so realistically, the effect of this crash is poitive as it affects most Nigerians. There is no effect on the econony- don't go into assumption, understand the market first before you judge.

Nigerians will pay more at a later date ,because of importation at the current exchange rate and hike in tariffs and possible uncertain events .
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by LRNZH(m): 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2015
redcliff:

The reduction of Fish prices is not what we were/ever/are clamoring for.. It was never even in the agenda.. Why leave the agenda and focus on things that are more attention demanding?!!!

Your head dey there smiley

Power?
Security?
Refineries?
Corruption?

mba...Na
Fish Subsidy
Refurbish Train
Beg for Warship
Refurbish FFK

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by madjune(m): 1:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Akshow:
in a bid to sway vote, PDP are doing all they can. prepare to here news like

power holding company cut tarrif (for non existing light).

garri price reduce to help the poor masses.

more cows are brought from d north to down south to ensure cheap meat price

1000 (unseen) buses bought has palliatives to reduce transport problem hits abuja, Lagos and port etc etc etc

my advice, don't let ur resolve to vote out cluelessness be swayed by these lies.we can no longer be deceived. u can't do wuruwuru to the ans just few weeks to d elections. u can't start doing things u failed to do in six years now.

I'm happy I'm not the only one seeing this last minute white wash campaign by jonthan.
He couldn't do this in 6yrs but now...few weeks to election.
I'm sure nobody will feel the impact of the price slash till the election is over.

If he wants to be taken seriously, let him sllsh the price of fuel.
Fuel prices have been slashed globally.
What's stopping Nigeria from slashing its own?
CORRUPTION.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
redcliff:

You do not know me, neither do i know you. its safe to say your points are baseless and if these are the things you "supposed" claim I do, you are also guilty of them. I know this government and I am saying these things based on what I know.. So you can like to buzz off...
All I'm saying is "u with clues cast d first stone" since u abuse ur president anyhow u like after refusing to see even one good move by him(even as I'm not a gej fan). yet its someone who tells d world in dis era dat his credentials r with d army dat u deem wise enough, Unbiased n uncorrupt. The good thing is God won't judge us with our standard

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=765341816877929&substory_index=0&id=514395005305946&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6100096524713507303%3Amf_story_key.-4512045640168515145&__tn__=%2As
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by b1oodykiller: 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

@everyone, Please ignore this guy. He forgot his medicine and his brain.

We know

Ibnsultaan is a mad dog
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Frankiss44(m): 2:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

@everyone, Please ignore this guy. He forgot his medicine and his brain.

That's been mild..... Dude has no brain
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by melomelo: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:
Another electioneering gimmick!.

It is not clear how they're reducing imported fish prices.

Are they introducing subsidy on fish imports too?
Even though GEJ's Gov't is broke and can't pay salaries for the past three months or can't even fund INEC with elections happening in February?

If fishing in Nigeria's coastal waters have been hampered by oil spillage, piracy and unsustainable fishing practices, what have they done about it.
This will discourage local fishing.

This sounds like another moment of renaming UNILAG to MAULAG! It is not sustainable.
You need 'Urgent-general-health-body-check-up'.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by CHPR: 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
that guy is low mind. forget about him.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by stanisbaratheon: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
this government ehn! We want the prices of petrol and education to reduce and we are having fish...fish of all things.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by LRNZH(m): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
melomelo:

You need 'Urgent-general-health-body-check-up'.

I am allowing you the benefit of reasonable doubt.
Do you want to discuss issues instead of trading unrelated insults?

The field is open.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Another "election abracadabra" u beta begin share fish, i'll collect n vote my conscience! #change2015!

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by kendrick9(m): 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
trisha01:
good, cus d way d price of fish is rinsing here is alarming,m tired of eatin crayfish angry
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Donbrig: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
All these are electoral strategy, the prices will all go up after the election. How about cement? FG should also reduced the price of cement, some states are now 2k plus per bag.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:
Another electioneering gimmick!

Even though GEJ's Gov't is broke and can't pay salaries for the past three months or can't even fund INEC with elections happening in February?

If fishing in Nigeria's coastal waters have been hampered by oil spillage, piracy and unsustainable fishing practices, what have they done about it.

This sounds like another moment of renaming UNILAG to MAULAG! It is not sustainable.
my friend, how did you fare in sec school econs? did you take the course at all? before you toggle the [submit] button, re -read your post and ask urself the question, does it make a sensible reading? Import quotas have absolutely nothing to do with paid cash or whatsoever subsidy. If govt increases import duty on tokunbo cars & the price goes up, does it mean they have removed subsidy?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by BrokenTV: 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:
Another electioneering gimmick!

You need help.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ucheokpara100(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
this is hw my peopl will eat fish and forget their sorrows after they will start crying d nxt 4 years. well thy realy undastnd us very well (thy knw we are hungry)

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by solaabujan(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
redcliff:
This govt is clueless. PMS thats supposed to be reduced due to falling oil prices, its something as irrelevant as fish thats been reduced... no clue at all!!!
U have a point buh no resource a country has is irrelevant !!
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by vincencior(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
Let Gej kindly crash down d price of petrol now dat d global price of petroleum is dwindling. I rest my case.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by galadima77(m): 2:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
i like fish alot but with d incessant power supply by NEPA /PHCN/AEDC won't let me save some....good move if there's no political undertone
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by tolexy007(m): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
I can only belive dis, unless gmb provide is Olevel result
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ucheokpara100(m): 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
ucheokpara100:
this is hw my peopl will eat fish and forget their sorrows after they will start crying d nxt 4 years. well thy realy undastnd us very well (thy knw we are hungry)
they also knw we are long throat ( AKPIRI )
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by solaabujan(m): 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
Let's enjoy the political goodies while it last ........

POVERTY the major problem in the country ...Oluwa sanu ooo
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by omonnakoda: 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
This government came to power on a fresh air agenda telling us how we had no business importing fish
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-policy-on-agric-to-boost-fisheries-sectors-dame-jonathan/

Nigeria’s first lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan has disclosed that the Agricultural Transformation Agenda of the government is re- repositioning both the marine and the fisheries sectors to boost the economy.

She made this known at the christening of a new 10.1 million Euro Research Vessel acquired by the Nigerian Institute of Oceanography and Marine Research in Gdansk, Poland on Wednesday.
The first lady explained that the focus of the ATA is to promote strategies for ensuring sustainable fish stocks through integrated fisheries management, while
promoting aquaculture and improving trade through established global best practices, in overall fisheries management.

Mrs. Jonathan noted that the acquisition of the vessel will boost Nigeria’s local fish supply and further drive the successful achievement of the policy of Mr. President to make Nigeria self-sufficient in fish production, in the near future.
“Nigeria is blessed with abundant aquatic resources with a coastline of 853 kilometers, also rich in fish and shrimps. Shrimp export is of great importance to the fisheries sub-sector in Nigeria.

Nigerian shrimps, considered one of the best in the world, generate foreign exchange worth over 65 million US$ annually.”
She added “The Niger Delta of Nigeria, reputed as the second largest salt-water habitat in the world, has shrimps that are the most highly valued resource after crude oil.
“I am reliably informed that Nigeria’s deep-sea waters also harbor Tuna and Tuna-like fishes, Drift Fish and large Lantern Fish populations.”

Mrs. Jonathan said the acquisition of the deep-sea fishing vessel named ‘RV Bayagbona’ after the first Executive Director of the Nigerian Institute of Oceanography and Marine Research, will no doubt enhance the exploration of the country’s fish resources.
“This deep-sea marine vessel, which we are here to commission today, is one of the many deep-sea vessels that Nigeria will acquire to fully tap into its abundant marine resources. I am pleased to note that this vessel will also boost Nigeria’s capacity in marine and oceanographic research for sustainable management of our vast deep-sea resources.”

Speaking at the commissioning, the Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, said Nigeria has no reason to import fish as the country’s capacity for producing fish is enormous, “so this vessel will allow us to go into the territorial water, deep sea to harvest a lot of resource we have.
Adesina said beyond taking advantage of the country’s fish resources which for a long time the foreign ships have taken advantage of, that the newly acquired vessel we also allow the country to carry out marine research.

“ this vessel we also allow us to do marine research that will enable us to understand the dynamic of the ocean, to understand the diversity of species we have, to be able to take a good stock of them and be able to have better ecological and environmental management of our marine resources.”
The Minister who decried the huge amount spent on fish importation yearly said the ministry is working assiduously at realizing its four year plan on fish sufficiency.
“We are spending roughly N127b importing fish and that does not make sense and what we have planned to do is to have four –five years plan.”

He noted that the first part of the plan is to produce one million metric tons of table size fish that will put the country at 70% self sufficient in fish.
“We can leave the remaining 30% for those who need diversity, but what we will not accept is for Nigeria to be totally dependent on imported fish when we have water all around us and we are not using them.”
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/fg-policy-on-agric-to-boost-fisheries-sectors-dame-jonathan/#sthash.cwdrKj3I.dpuf
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

The Horse Mackerel and Blue Whiting are not found in Nigeria's water,hence the imports. The locally produced fish is predominantly catfish
but do you know fish found in Nigeria's waters are far more tastier than the imported ones? Nigerians are already used to kote,titus,panla and shawa.
Fish is very expensive that is why I have stopped buying it.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by freecitizn: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
So how does that affect the price of fish in the market? Now we have an answer... grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSl8gWsFZ0
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
trisha01:
good, cus d way d price of fish is rinsing here is alarming,m tired of eatin crayfish angry
buhahah [ROFLMRO]. Really humorous, now this is the kinda posts I want to read here on NL & not all those hate filled political jargons ppl come on here to spew. Coming on NL to read comments used to be my fav past time in the early years when it started, cos I would always find reason to have a good laugh and be refreshed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / How Maureensylvia Expanded From Raw Agro Produce To Agro-processing In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.