Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels (26332 Views)

Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States Hit The Market As Price Of Tomatoe Crashes / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Crashes To N300 From N5000 A Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by LRNZH(m): 2:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:
Another electioneering gimmick!

It is not clear how they're reducing imported fish prices.

Are they introducing subsidy on fish imports too?
Even though GEJ's Gov't is broke and can't pay salaries for the past three months or can't even fund INEC with elections happening in February?

If fishing in Nigeria's coastal waters have been hampered by oil spillage, piracy and unsustainable fishing practices, what have they done about it.
This will discourage local fishing.

This sounds like another moment of renaming UNILAG to MAULAG! It is not sustainable.

olrotimi:

my friend, how did you fare in sec school econs? did you take the course at all? before you toggle the [submit] button, re -read your post and ask urself the question, does it make a sensible reading? Import quotas have absolutely nothing to do with paid cash or whatsoever subsidy. If govt increases import duty on tokunbo cars & the price goes up, does it mean they have removed subsidy?

I will sieve through your uncultured statements to focus on the issues. And that you'e a trained health care practitioner from your profile is baffling.

Tell me how the increase of import quotas reduces prices of commodity with known exact values. I mean how do they know what the new prices of fish will be already?

What kind of very predictable market forces are in play here?

Isn't that a veiled subsidy? I suspect they're doing this for election purposes.

I'm waiting for your response....
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by LRNZH(m): 2:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
ucheokpara100:
this is hw my peopl will eat fish and forget their sorrows after they will start crying d nxt 4 years. well thy realy undastnd us very well (thy knw we are hungry)

Na job o.... People suppose wisen up.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
IbnSultaan:
Y not Gej is stocking fish for his next job as president fishers association of otuoke

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
brainpulse:
All this for GEJ election purpose. That means these people knows what is good for the masses put deliberately do otherwise. When it is the time for the masses to determine the politician's careers they turn to the weeping child and knowing the masses are always foolish after the election they return to their wicked governance

You're right.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Atigba: 2:56pm On Jan 03, 2015
Nice move

Gej till 2019

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by gidjah(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
Good news for us fish consumers!
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
trisha01:
good, cus d way d price of fish is rinsing here is alarming,m tired of eatin crayfish angry
even the crayfish is expansive too.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 3:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
but do you know fish found in Nigeria's waters are far more tastier than the imported ones? Nigerians are already used to kote,titus,panla and shawa.
Fish is very expensive that is why I have stopped buying it.
I prefer fish to meat. What kind of fish do we have in Nigeria except catfish??
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by kunlej2: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
i pray so. i bought 1 carton of kroka fish for 16k 2days back
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Eyop: 3:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

We have many Ishilove. Am surprised that you are asking this.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

I don't know the names of the species of fish found in our waters but I have ate at least six types of fish caught in Nigerian waters. Take a stroll to Liverpool in Lagos and see for yourself. cheesy
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
I don't know the names of the species of fish found in our waters but I have ate at least six types of fish caught in Nigerian waters. Take a stroll to Liverpool in Lagos and see for yourself. cheesy
Are you serious??

Eyop, I love LadyFish and Croaker. Are they Nigerian fishes?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Are you serious??

There's a fish similar to croaker but I don't know the name. You know most of these fishes look alike. Here's the fish my neighbor who is a sailor gives me anytime he comes periodically back home. It's three foot long. grin

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Eyop: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Are you serious??

Lol...yes i am serious oh. There are different species of fish and there are some that can even swallow human being. Go to Ibeno,Oron, infact the riverine part of Akwa-Ibom has them assorted. Catfish no be fish at all.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 4:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
There's a fish similar to croaker but I don't know the name. You know most of these fishes look alike. Here's the fish my neighbor who is a sailor gives me anytime he comes periodically back home. It's three foot long. grin
How does it taste?

Croaker is a scaly fish and is absolutely delicious, especially in stew
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eyop:

Lol...yes i am serious oh. There are different species of fish and there are some that can even swallow human being. Go to Ibeno,Oron, infact the riverine part of Akwa-Ibom has them assorted. Catfish no be fish at all.
Yuck. Are they edible? Like Croaker and Lady Fish
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Eyop: 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Yuck. Are they edible? Like Croaker and Lady Fish

Yes very very and has the tendency of transforming you to sweet 16 cheesy grin
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

How does it taste?

Croaker is a scaly fish and is absolutely delicious, especially in stew
This one is scaly too and very tasty. It tastes like Panla fish. You know Panla fish is Okporoko fish(stock fish) we use in cooking soup.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 4:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
berem:
This one is scaly too and very tasty. It tastes like Panla fish. You know Panla fish is Okporoko fish(stock fish) we use in cooking soup.
Dry kpanla is the best for stew and porridge. I'm surprised it is imported
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eyop:

Yes very very and has the tendency of transforming you to sweet 16 cheesy grin
Eyop, e be like sey I don see New Year gift for your hand cheesy
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Eyop: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Eyop, e be like sey I don see New Year gift for your hand cheesy

No wahala,i dey kampe cheesy
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Ishilove: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
Eyop:

No wahala,i dey kampe cheesy
Oya control me. How I go take delivery? wink
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
Ishilove:

Dry kpanla is the best for stew and porridge. I'm surprised it is imported
Yes it is imported from Scandinavian countries like Norway,Denmark etc. That's why it is expensive
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by mfm04622: 4:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
We are all forgetting something! Who caused the price hike in the first place? FG of course! How? By reducing fish imports too much! They couldn't estimate what we produce and what we consume realistically. So why would they claim any glory from allowing more imports to crash the price?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by LRNZH(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
mfm04622:
We are all forgetting something! Who caused the price hike in the first place? FG of course! How? By reducing fish imports too much! They couldn't estimate what we produce and what we consume realistically. So why would they claim any glory from allowing more imports to crash the price?

Good points, man.

My question is how can they determine what the the new prices will be by allowing more imports?

I smell a veiled subsidy in play at least for election purposes.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Afroconnect: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
The best option is to breed fish in our waters,and empower the sector,this tactics is gimmicks not sustainable,unless the government will start to develop our fishing sector right away.

We have no business importing fish.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by mfm04622: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:

Good points, man.

My question is how can they determine what the the new prices will be by allowing more imports?

I smell a veiled subsidy in play at least for election purposes.
What caused the price hike is that supply is less than demand. Suppliers charge premium when supply is less. So when you increase supply by allowing imports of fish, the additional premium will go and price will come down. The price quote by the original op is the current market prices.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Athanatos(m): 5:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
redcliff:
This govt is clueless. PMS thats supposed to be reduced due to falling oil prices, its something as irrelevant as fish thats been reduced... no clue at all!!!

Lukatew.

GEJ bring train,he's clueless!

GEJ bring down fish price,he's clueless!

Bikonu try to be objective!

It might be an electioneering gimmick,but we'll benefit afterall.

My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by kingkayz: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2015
What is the current price of cement that was recently crashed? Who is deceiving who?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by redcliff: 6:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Athanatos:

Lukatew.

GEJ bring train,he's clueless!

GEJ bring down fish price,he's clueless!

Bikonu try to be objective!

It might be an electioneering gimmick,but we'll benefit afterall.

My 2 kobo.

I would only commend Gej if the railway system he is reviving has a plan of connecting Nigeria which i doubt
. Thats what a visionary does.

If fishes are your only problem, then Nigeria still has a long way to go!
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by NAJALYN: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
Thats good to know.

Get Natural Remedies for your health from http://www.lynsnaturalhealth..com.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Tunagee(m): 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / How Maureensylvia Expanded From Raw Agro Produce To Agro-processing In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.