Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,103 members, 7,828,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels (26331 Views)

Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States Hit The Market As Price Of Tomatoe Crashes / Tomato Price Crashes From N25,000 To N800 Per Basket / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Crashes To N300 From N5000 A Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ekuleku(m): 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
What a good news to start 2015. This will lead to more generation of income for Govt as it encourages import, thereby creating employment opportunities for those in shipping line, risk and collateral management, and port workers. But why now?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
olas24u:

Nigerians will pay more at a later date ,because of importation at the current exchange rate and hike in tariffs and possible uncertain events .

That's because you don't see anything good in the government. The hike in tarrifs will actually do good for the economy in the long run. Not where they dump dead cars
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

That's because you don't see anything good in the government. The hike in tarrifs will actually do hood for the economy in the long run. Not where they dump dead cars

Are you working for GEJ?The person that hired you hired a stupid person.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 7:45pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

That's because you don't see anything good in the government. The hike in tarrifs will actually do hood for the economy in the long run. Not where they dump dead cars

grin grin
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2015
olas24u:

Are you working for GEJ?The person that hired you hired a stupid person.

Thanks.
Nothing good can come from a bad heart, wasn't expecting nothing less than an insult from you. That's what you're good at. Thanks for calling me silly, one day your brain will function properly again and you won't insult people you don't know.

BTW, I don't work for the government and I don't like GEJ but there's no way you will understand that, your brain is full with sawdust and all you see and expect is evil.

There'll be no need yo quote me again, pls go argue and share insults with your mates
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2015
iv4fb:

Thanks.
Nothing good can come from a bad heart, wasn't expecting nothing less than an insult from you. That's what you're good at. Thanks for calling me silly, one day your brain will function properly again and you won't insult people you don't know.

BTW, I don't work for the government and I don't like GEJ but there's no way you will understand that, your brain is full with sawdust

So you mean an increased cost of clearing container loads of fish and an increase in exchange rate value is good for us
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
And you need constant electricity to produce cars in Nigeria .You can not produce without electricity
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ojoagefu4jc(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2015
I just hope they are safe for consumption.is importation of cheap fish part of agricultural tranformation?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by AdeniyiA(m): 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2015
shocked iya eleja!... sharpaly giv me 1carton of Titus fish b4 i vex cool
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2015
olas24u:

So you mean an increased cost of clearing container loads of fish and an increase in exchange rate value is good for us

"increased cost of clearing container loads of fish"? open your eyes, maybe you'll see clearly afterwards
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by olas24u(f): 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
[quote author=iv4fb post=29462240]

"increased cost of clearing container loads of fish"? open your eyes, maybe you'll see clearly afterward

see what?
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by evea: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
No b fish price we want na PMS PETROLEUM PRICES CRASHES OR SLASHES DOWN
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Fourwinds: 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
QMark:

We are asking for crash in fuel & electricity prices, they are crashing fish prices.
truly Em. D price of fuel should have fallen due to falling price of crude oil in international market. FG always cheating Nigerians
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ceaser: 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2015
LRNZH:

Your head dey there smiley

Power?
Security?
Refineries?
Corruption?

mba...Na
Fish Subsidy
Refurbish Train
Beg for Warship
Refurbish FFK

You forgot to add cement price crash to =N=1000/bag. Two weeks after, it has been upward-reviewed to =N=1,850. Right now it costs =N=1,900. So I can tell you that if their gamble pays off, Nigerians should be ready to pay multiples to buy fish.

THIS IS A GREEK GIFT, CITIZENS.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ceaser: 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
Athanatos:

Lukatew.

GEJ bring train,he's clueless!

GEJ bring down fish price,he's clueless!

Bikonu try to be objective!

It might be an electioneering gimmick,but we'll benefit afterall.

My 2 kobo.

Yes of course. You'll benefit for six (6) weeks and go hungry for four years. Nigerians have actually learnt not to fall for the trick of stomach infrastructure scams. What happened to the price of cement, tell me?

So I'll enjoin the rest of us smart to chop the fish wella, but work the polls smartly.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by ceaser: 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
ekuleku:
What a good news to start 2015. This will lead to more generation of income for Govt as it encourages import, thereby creating employment opportunities for those in shipping line, risk and collateral management, and port workers. But why now?

Chai! SMH.

Did you forget to add GEAJ till....
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by great664(m): 8:58am On Jan 04, 2015
redcliff:
This govt is clueless. PMS thats supposed to be reduced due to falling oil prices, its something as irrelevant as fish thats been reduced... no clue at all!!!
na everything u dey complain for? I wonder how your partner dey take cope with you, why not appreciate one and pray for another instead of overlooking d good news and complain. SMH
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by upmanagers: 8:59am On Jan 04, 2015
Osode:

Sourcee: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/fg-crashes-fish-prices-affordable-levels/

If d fg had such information why did dey ban fish importation in d 1st place why can't d fg call a spade a spade after election if jona wins they will restore d ban on importation of fish.pdp(people decieving people)GOD SAVE NIGERIA
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Originalsly: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2015
Wrong move. Must Nigerians eat sardine, Mackerel and Salmon? If yes then those who must should pay thru the nose for it. How can the FG be calling for increase local production and consumption and make such a move that is opposite to what it is preaching? Decreasing the quota would encourage local fish production period and at the same stop people from acquiring the taste for foreign fishes.
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Preprobiotics: 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by lightjones: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2018
We sell best quality Garri at wholesale prices....

We supply Garri Ijebu, White Garri & Yellow Garri to individuals, supermarkets, hotels, shops, restaurants, etc. We are "Trusted & Reliable"

Garri pass Garri. Get to know us, certainly you will find us better than your current buying source.

Call/Whatsapp us to make order - 07066880314 , +234766880314

Nationwide delivery now available

Thank you
Re: FG Crashes Fish Prices To Affordable Levels by Nobody: 2:53am On Jun 18, 2018
This is a bad policy for the country. I know people want to eat cheap fish but what we should do is build up our own productive capacity. The government is not even doing this for people to afford fish.

They'e lowered the import tariff because they want more fish imports for them to tax. The sad reality is that the tax monies from fish will be stolen by those in the federal government.

If we are to develop this country we must boost our production across-board. The way to do that is to incentivize local production, that way we build our own capacity, create wealth for Nigerian entrepreneurs, and also create employment.

When you buy fish brought in from another country, you may enjoy the cheap fish but you are destroying your own economy by paying salaries of people who make the fish in another country. There's no way we can develop or expand our economy if we continue importing things we can produce ourselves.

In a country of over 150 million people, it is a disgrace that clueless idiots are running the critical sectors of our economy. Very sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘how To Preserve Beans, Grains Without Poisonous Chemicals’ / My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / How Maureensylvia Expanded From Raw Agro Produce To Agro-processing In Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.