Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (48279 Views)

Pictures Of Children With PVC In The North Registered By INEC / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Kingspin(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
I tire o! Since Yemi Osinbajo join Pa Buhari the church have not rest in the eye of the media.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by drisatasarr: 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
This is very wrong. When are we going to understand the importance of separating the Church from politics.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by sammyj: 11:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
Does it make it illegal? By the way is GEJ now a God that people should not endorse whoever they like or want. Abeg go and sleep!!!
eighTHREAD:
The RCCG that endorsed GEJ in the past are now plotting against him. Politics of religion and ethnicity including name callings like "boko haram Sponsor" are no longer working for the otuoke master, it's certificate issue he and his minions are relying on now.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by ThaProphet(m): 11:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
alaoeri:
Indirectly campaigning for their own Osinbanjo.
Sai Buhari/Osinbanjo.

As clear as day! Simples!
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:44pm On Jan 04, 2015
Bolade005:

Ok. Did you see "...to vote for your choice candidate" part of the message?

Again, tell me what is wrong in a church telling the congregation to vote for a candidate of their choice?. It's not like they can't choose not to vote atall, they were only advised or implored but never were they mandated to vote so tell me what is morally wrong with that. Reminding you to exercise your right, a right which you can choose not to excercise is now a crime?

I'm not ready to go back and forth with you, stick to your opinion while I stick to mine.

Yes I saw this AND addressed it in my posts.

It is just not the place of a Church to be telling them these things. They should[b] not [/b]ask to see any cards, its not their business and if the people choose not to vote for whatever reason that is their own political choice and not the business of the Church again.

See SEPERATION of Church and State! No excuse to say chose whichever candidate you want. They might not wish to chose any and their cards are their own business.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by samopeyemi: 11:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
Herzumpther:
Na wa o. What he said was that the order came from the headquarters that was after he talked about their ongoing fasting which started on second. My mum and siblings who are redeemers were not happy about it too.

That pastor must av added his/her own 'jara'.
I attend a provincial hq, nothing of such was ever mentioned. Not today, not earlier.
Thats why xtians should not worship pastors, we all av discerning spirit. Pastors at times allow dir human nature to take over.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by XtremelyCoded(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Many read but never understands, others never read, and comment rubbish.. Daddy G.O has never endorsed any political party neither has the Rccg church endorsed any politician... Many will just talk foolishly and I pray God have mercy on you all...
He instructed every Redeemer to get his or her voters card so as to enable them vote righteous people they feel should be in power. I attend Rccg and on no occasion has any pastor instructed anyone to vote a particular party. The command is for us all to get our voters card and vote wisely.

Be informed

Kenneth205:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Rc8RucogbQ0/VKl4agFuvsI/AAAAAAAEOTY/xOUaKdRcOlw/s1600/1.png[/img]

Members of Redeem Christian Church of God Victory house in Festac town and other branches were asked to show their Permanent Voters Cards during church
service today. The Pastor in charge of the Festac province said pastor Adeboye had that every member of the church come with it as proof that they have registered and also advised those that have not done
so to do so immediately so they can vote during the general elections holding in February. More pics after the cut...

[img]http://3.bp..com/-lLmD4wk_Adw/VKl4bGvritI/AAAAAAAEOTc/XvghziRNpuM/s1600/00.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-5MrsfgvuY_k/VKl4cVXNi-I/AAAAAAAEOTo/8RQs5fDwZLM/s1600/0.jpg[/img]

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/01/photos-rccg-members-asked-to-show-their.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by holajeedayy: 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
it high tym we stop deciving our country wt chritianity .....we should wise up n stop been deceive wt pastors n church wt d church care abt is expansion ,unlimited familiarisation wt useless government ant politician is wt God sent them.....non of them has Eva condemned d government or correct dem .....
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:07am On Jan 05, 2015
Let us be clear about something.

We know they have not endorsed one side or the other.

This is irrelevant.

That fact that they are asking to see the cards is the issue.

This is NOT Church business. Any European Churchman asking such intrusive questions would be told quite correctly to mind his own business.

It is one of the reasons why Christians coming to some Nigerian Churches are made to feel very uneasy. I would have to leave such a service/church if I saw this inappropriate behaviour.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by samuelson06(m): 12:29am On Jan 05, 2015
nationwide1:
Why still discuss certificates here? It's a disgrace to talk about it. That an adult can't keep his credentials safely or lied under oath about it is unprintable. The same adult who can't keep his certificates wants to handle the future of 170 million people. Dig the implication.

And you want a man who cannot control his own wife to continue leading us? Which has more grave consequence or implication? Just keep quite. Only fools like you would continue voting Jonathan.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by loldar2000(f): 12:33am On Jan 05, 2015
ifex370:
this is bad... very bad

The Church has really lost it

LOST what. it is a necessity to have your voters card. You better go and get yours and ensure your friends too get theirs. Vote for whom you like.

Don't complain.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by samuelson06(m): 12:38am On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:
Let us be clear about something.

We know they have not endorsed one side or the other.

This is irrelevant.

That fact that they are asking to see the cards is the issue.

This is NOT Church business. Any European Churchman asking such intrusive questions would be told quite correctly to mind his own business.

It is one of the reasons why Christians coming to some Nigerian Churches are made to feel very uneasy. I would have to leave such a service/church if I saw this inappropriate behaviour.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the MOG asking members to just flash their PVCs. He is only promoting and encouraging members to be part of a democratic government. Remember the beauty of democracy is about election and election is through voting using a voter's card and if you don't have one to support the process, it means you are against democracy. You can't just sit on the fence. It's our right to vote and be voted for. What do you think?
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2015
loldar2000:

LOST what. it is a necessity to have your voters card. You better go and get yours and ensure your friends too get theirs. Vote for whom you like.
Don't complain.

Necessity yes! BUT
That is Government Business NOT the Church.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by samuelson06(m): 12:39am On Jan 05, 2015
loldar2000:

Don't complain.

It's as simple as this. I don't like why people like raising unnecessary dust out of nothing.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:42am On Jan 05, 2015
samuelson06:

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the MOG asking members to just flash their PVCs. He is only promoting and encouraging members to be part of a democratic government. Remember the beauty of democracy is about election and election is through voting using a voter's card and if you don't have one to support the process, it means you are against democracy. You can't just sit on the fence. It's our right to vote and be voted for. What do you think?

I think people have a duty to vote but the right to abstain if they wish to do so (its a democracy right). Not choosing to vote is NOT being against democracy.

Either way it is quite reprehensible that a Church would involve itself in such an issue. Come on now, can you see a Church getting away with this intrusive rubbish in any European Country?
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by eightsin(m): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2015
Monimatic:
End time tinz...all these churches,Mosques,bablawos,witches, wizards, Pastor, Prophets, Imam n Oracles dabbling into politics, even pastors, Alfas, Imams,witches and wizards, mammy water, prophets n general overseers dey make elections predictions like bookmakers for NairaBet.... wetin concern agbero with overload...before u know dem go say dem catch some church members dey duplicate PVC inside Church or for One member house , the members go come say na. Their General Overseer send dem to duplicate PVC, General Overseer go come deny am say na one political party wan witch hunt him n give him bad name because he no support their candidate, then some mumu church members go come nairaland come dey defend their church members n General Overseer wey dem catch with PVC, dem go say Police n other Security agency are playing with fire of the Holy Ghost, dem go say make Police n other Security agency no provoke the Holy Spirit by arresting or quizzing their members or General Overseer. ...Na so Devil dey take scatter church, he go dey bring politics matter enter church small small, d politics matter go come carry scandals enter church...Na Real End time tinz...d end of d world is near.....Daris God oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Unclerukus: 1:03am On Jan 05, 2015
Its not surprising given that most church members and churches alike encourage materialism and unnecessary materialistic competitions into the church, where you see a family starving at home but save their annual wage to buy a ride to flash in church on sunday or people playing the who is the richest in the church game like worldly competitions,rubbish. so it was only a matter of time before politics enters into the house of God.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by samuelson06(m): 1:33am On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I think people have a duty to vote but the right to abstain if they wish to do so (its a democracy right). Not choosing to vote is NOT being against democracy.

Either way it is quite reprehensible that a Church would involve itself in such an issue. Come on now, can you see a Church getting away with this intrusive rubbish in any European Country?

Europe may not do this but that doesn't mean they are more intelligent than us and good that you said people have a duty to vote. Question, who should vote and who should abstain? Voting is not just a duty or a right, it's an obligation placed by democracy in a democratic government on an individual that is up to 18 years and above to exercise his/her franchise. Failing to do so is an anomaly. And in the society, you and I are the church and the men of God are our leaders, so it's just okay that they always encourage us to do the right thing especially at this time that elections are fast approaching. Anybody can do this as far as that person is a member or citizen of the country he resides. The problem is that when we don't vote, rigging becomes very easy but when we vote, we tend to use up the materials. I don't know if you still have objection to this.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 1:40am On Jan 05, 2015
samuelson06:

Europe may not do this but that doesn't mean they are more intelligent than us and good that you said people have a duty to vote. Question, who should vote and who should abstain? Voting is not just a duty or a right, it's an obligation placed by democracy in a democratic government on an individual that is up to 18 years and above to exercise his/her franchise. Failing to do so is an anomaly. And in the society, you and I are the church and the men of God are our leaders, so it's just okay that they always encourage us to do the right thing especially at this time that elections are fast approaching. Anybody can do this as far as that person is a member or citizen of the country he resides. The problem is that when we don't vote, rigging becomes very easy but when we vote, we tend to use up the materials. I don't know if you still have objection to this.

My only objection is that the Church has no right to involve itself in this. This is clearly incorrect. Church and State are kept SEPERATE. The Church has no right to ask the individuals what is their own private business. This is INTRUSIVE to the point of IMMORALITY.

As for the Duty to vote I agree with you but that is just an opinion and people who choose NOT to vote are entitled to that opinion without censure of their Church.

I usually vote myself but on occasion have abstained as I found ALL of my local candidates repugnant! (Please don't think that Naija has sole rights on useless politicians there are quite a lot of them in my country also grin)
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Nobody: 2:11am On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

My only objection is that the Churc

h has no right to involve itself in this. This is clearly incorrect. Church and State are kept SEPERATE. The Church has no right to ask the individuals what is their own private business. This is INTRUSIVE to the point of IMMORALITY.

As for the Duty to vote I agree with you but that is just an opinion and people who choose NOT to vote are entitled to that opinion without censure of their Church.

I usually vote myself but on occasion have abstained as I found ALL of my local candidates repugnant! (Please don't think that Naija has sole rights on useless politicians there are quite a lot of them in my country also grin)
You are wrong. In Germany it is the Christian Democratic Union party that rules. The current chancellor (President) of Germany is from that Party.

Also if know your bible very well, u will know that the prophets in the bible were very much involve in politics. Some of them change kings through coup. Some of the prophets even instigate the people against the kings etc.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by redcliff: 2:16am On Jan 05, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
shame angry

no wonder Satan RULES

the house of God has be turned upside down embarassed

quote me and d!e before FEBRUARY 1st

FTC tho cool

I bet your brain is under your foot...quote me and ask why
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 2:27am On Jan 05, 2015
atbu1983:

You are wrong. In Germany it is the Christian Democratic Union party that rules. The current chancellor (President) of Germany is from that Party.
Also if know your bible very well, u will know that the prophets in the bible were very much involve in politics. Some of them change kings through coup. Some of the prophets even instigate the people against the kings etc.

Concerning the CDP in Germany the word Christian refers to the Ethics of the Party.

In Germany Church and State are SEPERATE as in almost all western countries. This is usually in their respective constitutions.

The State is for ALL citizens and not just the Christian ones so despite your reading and quoting the Bible the Churchs are kept away from the State.

Even if they were preaching on Moral issues (NOT a problem at all) they have NO RIGHT TO ASK TO SEE A CARD OF ANY MEMBER OF THEIR CONGREGATION!

I have explained why - INTRUSIVE etc etc.

I am not in Naija at the moment (Will be from 10th to 24t) so don't have all the facts. Is it just ONE of your groups asking for this? (Hope so) I am sure most of the Pastors etc will have travelled internationally and will know better than to do this if they have any respect for their congregation at all.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by neocortex: 2:27am On Jan 05, 2015
Good RCCG members are getting ready to vote GEJ again.
Nobody wants darkness to rule over them.
Joint the train of progress : GEJ

1 Like

Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by nationwide1(m): 4:49am On Jan 05, 2015
samuelson06:

And you want a man who cannot control his own wife to continue leading us? Which has more grave consequence or implication? Just keep quite. Only fools like you would continue voting Jonathan.
You're one of the perennial problems of Nigeria, sounding so uncivil and primitive. You can't even know that it's harder to control human beings than papers. I'm sure you don't know Buhari divorced his wife in 1988 and seeing the way you reason, it would be a waste of time asking what it takes to divorce a wife.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:56am On Jan 05, 2015
donphilopus:

Oga mi, pls change that 'next year' in your signature. We're sending him back home this very here!
Thanks.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by raumdeuter: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Actually in the biggest democracy US, the church is actively involved in elections
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Bolade005: 5:29am On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Yes I saw this AND addressed it in my posts.

It is just not the place of a Church to be telling them these things. They should[b] not [/b]ask to see any cards, its not their business and if the people choose not to vote for whatever reason that is their own political choice and not the business of the Church again.

See SEPERATION of Church and State! No excuse to say chose whichever candidate you want. They might not wish to chose any and their cards are their own business.

I don't think anybody that failed to show his/her card was reprimanded neither was showing the PVC your pass to entering the church. Twas an open message with no hidden agenda and I think the message still falls in line with your thought and the message is ".....vote or not, it's your choice and whoever your conscience tells you to vote for, if atall you choose to vote, vote for that person". It's simple KoloOyinbo
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by bayulll01(m): 5:50am On Jan 05, 2015
U see some people are very funny,won't church have a say in the politics of her country,politician are messing up church,mosque life daily won't they have a say on how the economy of this nation to run,cos its affect all of us in the end,so don't blame church
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by SeverusSnape(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2015
rukkyland:

if the thing dey pain u..go commit suicide na..abi? why are u still living?
What's the matter with you...I won't insult you, You know what I said is the truth and you sound pained because I said the truth.
Why dont you commit suicide first?... you must be a RCCG member. Pathetic lot.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by koikoi2(m): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2015
Is it Adeboye dat will choose our leader or God?
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Ayed44: 7:07am On Jan 05, 2015
Unclerukus:
Its not surprising given that most church members and churches alike encourage materialism and unnecessary materialistic competitions into the church, where you see a family starving at home but save their annual wage to buy a ride to flash in church on sunday or people playing the who is the richest in the church game like worldly competitions,rubbish. so it was only a matter of time before politics enters into the house of God.
my dear politics is already in the church, the only thing is that we should pray that politics should not take over the church.

I see churches presenting candidates for elections in the near future.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Ayed44: 7:11am On Jan 05, 2015
atbu1983:

Christian Democratic. Union is a political party and not a church nor denomination.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ariara International Market Aba Flooded After First Rain (Video) / Abubakar Audu's Burial: Governor Wada Leads State Delegation - Live Update / This Picture Shows The Humility Of President Muhammadu Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.