Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny (15861 Views)

Falana Seeks Pardon For 70 Soldiers Serving 10 Years For Mutiny / Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari / UN Moves To Halt Execution Of 54 Nigerian Soldiers On Death Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Oluwapresley(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
And all this wahala is discouraging me from joining the Nigerian Army! Tsew.. Na hand person wan take fight Boko? Boko of all ppl..lol
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by phlamesG: 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
I wonder why they want to kill those soldiers,when they weren't given equipments to fight the terrorists and the person making the shots will either be the presidency or the minister of defence those ones that will be in their offices and leave the helpless soldiers @ the battlefield embarassed cry embarassed cry embarassed
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by mistabiola: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Don't forget to share this one with records of fulfilment. At least Mbaka has not predicted correctly the out come on one election

THE founder and General Overseer of Inri Evangelical Spiritual Church, Primate. Elijah Ayodele, has said that the winner of February 14, 2015 presidential election has been revealed to him by God.

In an exclusive interview with Sunday Tribune, the cleric, renowned for the accuracy of his prophecies, including the election of Ayo Fayose as the governor of Ekiti State and the recent leadership crisis in the Central Bank of Nigeria, revealed this in his prophecies for 2015 on issues that will affect the country and the world at large.

According to Ayodele, “2015 elections will hold but will be peaceful in some areas and not in other areas. As it is, from what I see at the moment, PDP will win, amidst serious criticism.”

Speaking further on popular speculations about the APC clinching the presidential ticket, Primate Ayodele stated that, “APC and PDP will share the North; PDP will win a state in the South-West, the East and the South-South but the core North will be a bit difficult for the PDP to win. However, when Jonathan gets a second term, I don’t see peace; except the president obeys the word of God. I don’t see the APC winning the presidential election. Even if Buhari wins, he can’t put an end to insurgency, nor can he fight corruption. His will be worse than Jonathan.”

Ayodele also made predictions on the economy, the aviation sector, entertainment, media, agriculture, electricity, security, health, religion, education, telecommunications, oil and gas, judiciary and the international community.

SOURCE: http://naijapolitica.com/2015/01/04/next-president-of-nigeria-revealed/

Rule No1.

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize
threads.

-No soldier will be happy to fight for a nation whose dead troops are left in the battle field or are given mass burial and their family ejected without compensation.

-No soldier will be happy to fight when he was given guns that would jam, cannons that would not fire, vests that are fake while fighting on an empty stomach without allowances.

Nigerians expect rebellion from these soldiers, when they
are bombed by the same jet fighters that they expected
aerial cover from. #SMH \\What a Nation//

1 Like

Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by sanali(m): 8:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
Morkavictor:
Mr man the UN has no right to interfer in our affairs,and don't just assume the soilders are not properly equipped.
Dude if does soldiers are well equip according to the money your government are busy stealing in the name of security, boko haram will have been history since.
X
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Brimmie(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2015
ollah1:

WWhat's the link Pls? Been finding it

Use your BB Phone Browser,
go to http://savefrom.net
And paste this link in the box http://youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5g69sx9E
Then click Download
Allow it load.. You 'll see the progress buttons
Then select Video Format of your choice

.webm Format is 90.2MB
.mp4 Format is 140MB

HINT:: .webm Format is Sharp but small in size, while .mp4 Format is Sharp but heavy in size.
If you have PC, select .webm Format and use VLC Media Player to watch it.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Lxgking(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
So, if we just watch dis people now, dem go kukuma, line up 54 SOLDIERS n probably command another 54 SOLDIERS to kill dia comrade? If so, na how many soldiers dem wan take fight BH again?? #delima of a 9ja guy#
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by omebe(m): 8:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
They should be posted to baga town instead.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by streetzdreamz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2015
Morkavictor:
Mr man the UN has no right to interfer in our affairs,and don't just assume the soilders are not properly equipped.
*assume*? Yea I always assumed d soldiers were lying bout dia weapons n a decay in dia commanding officers sense of judgements until ma uncle came home last week with bullet wounds and a couple ol broken ribs,he gave a pathetic tale of their wellbeing and dia lack of good weapons,d president has said nothing bout dis soldiers fate since d court sentenced em to death n u here telling UN to mind dia business as if dis guys aint got family members outdia and dia respective lives to live.

2 Likes

Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2015
Danrizzle:
So the UN also has it in mind to cripple Nigeria. Someone tell UN and the west to stop interferring in the internal affairs of sovereign states. The UN is the pseudo name of a coalition of western countries, using the deceptive name 'UN' as an excuse to justify their incessant breaching of the sovereignties of countries. Let the executions carry on.

Dialing 0700YabaLeft Customer Care.

Your case is an emergency.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Cellytones: 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
celeron40:
Only God can intervene...that's what happens when you send soldiers with AK-47 to go and face boko haram AAA..Its not only crimminal, its saddening..This is PATRIOTIC SUICIDE if you ask me. You ill-equip soldiers while feeding fat in Abuja, and send them to face hundreds of BH militants and you put your soldiers in hilux vehicles? In the U.S, the family of every soldier who was killed in combat, got a call from President Bush..Here in Nigeria, we don't even show their faces in newspapers or on news..A pilot of the NAF got shot down, yet Gen. Olukolade denied him..imagine being denied by your own country despite your bravery? The Nigerian Army is like the proverbial cat who eats its own kittens.

TANite idiots will come here now and say that Ban Ki Moon must be from APC.

Nigerians, look at your Chief Of Defence Staff...What a pig.

You've spoken well bro. I'm not an APC fan though neither am I a PDP fan but this is purely truth. God help us is all I can say
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
The military giving Nigeria bad image internationally! This is a big shame on the nation and the army. Put them in prison and that is good to go with in the 21st century! Nigeria is not North Korea. Y 'all i d i o t s!
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by username792: 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
Morkavictor:

ummm nope :-/

you must have missed this part:
" Imposition of mass death sentences is in
breach of the International Covenant on Civil
and Political Rights, to which Nigeria is a
party. This Covenant limits the circumstances
in which a state can impose the death
sentence."

the UN has every right to intervene based on this alone.

Two things are sure anyway:
1) Nigerian judiciary system and army are a joke
2) The UN are still an agent of western imperialism - the US have been pretty much sending black men in mass to the death row n nobody has said shiitt about that on the global political scene.

That said, none of these soldiers deserve death for 'mutiny'.
This is in gross violation of their human rights and such totalitarian-like sentence wont resolve the boko haram issue - it may even worsen it by demotivating troops on ground who already feel not supported
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by babadem2much(m): 11:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Morkavictor. ]Mr man the UN has no right to interfer in our affairs,and don't just assume the soilders are not properly equipped.

Listen bro, it is only those in the field that will tell you the real situation on ground. They are poorly equiped, i saw the both parties itz not joke
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by babadem2much(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Honestly sometimes i don't blame guys who rant on social media just because the have never come in contact with BH or their volume of fire. Secondly non of their friend or family is invoved. Guys u need 2 see dis blood suckers and know that our men out there (the soldiers) are puting in their best. God bless our military one day it shall become history if God Lives
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by santacross8: 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2015
I'll so happy if dey are set free,these pple are not provided with adequate weapon to combat yet d govt want 'em to face boko haram...abeg UN do sometin to intervene for their release.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by Hilaskee(m): 12:05am On Jan 06, 2015
Morkavictor:
Am not in support of killing those 54 soilders,jail time would have been most appopriate anyway UN should mind their business Nigeria is a soverign country.GEJ till 2019
it is UN and not UK. If your brother was amongst them, will your stand be the same? UN is doing the needful
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by azimibraun: 12:15am On Jan 06, 2015
Kill what? My joy is that we all know it can't happen. If those soldiers are kiiled, I guess that will be that spark Nigeria needs for a revolution. Spontaneously Nigerians of all tribes and irrespective of religion will unite and that's the end of all the theiving elite in this country and also the end of GEJ. My country men & women may have been weak all these years but I know if they get the right spark it will be " Armagedon".
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by aresa: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Morkavictor:
Am not in support of killing those 54 soilders,jail time would have been most appopriate anyway UN should mind their business Nigeria is a soverign country.GEJ till 2019

You people just throw this surveying rubbish all over the place with little or no understanding per your country's international obligations, treaties and signatories..
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:56am On Jan 06, 2015
Morkavictor:
GEJ till 2019

If not for the clueless nature of Ur GEJ, do U think boko haram will last this long?

To the extent of some soldiers starting mutiny?
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by 9jamustchange: 3:26am On Jan 06, 2015
That's a commendable step, I urge the UN to do more. Injustice to one human being is injustice to all human beings.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by 9jamustchange: 3:38am On Jan 06, 2015
Shit happens in Nigeria because, though we've been condemned to live like dead men, we are still afraid to die for the much needed change.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by musiwa97: 4:32am On Jan 06, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f

[size=28pt]His Royal Highness

Oduduwa Ade. Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law).

International law does not allow the execution of those involve, .

They have to be handed over to me as Emperor of western Nigeria to set up a committee and see, if they have committed the crime.
[/size]
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by linearity: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2015
Morkavictor:

Sharrap! The UN can intervene, Nigeria is a member State of the UN and have signed many international binding treaties, laws and regulations that calls for oversight.

Yes, they were not properly equipped, how can you give a whole soldier 30 bullets and send him to war front to fight BH? When I go to the gun range, I shot 150 rounds of ammunition within one hour and you want to send these people to go and died for nothing.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by lioncoolst(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2015
I find this interesting though. The fact remains that the soldiers were complaining of something. So my question is, has the Nigerian Army or any other authority for that matter really investigated the cause of the Soldiers' rancour, complaint or discontent? If not, why? Afterall, there is no smoke without fire. Sending soldiers to face a firing squad at a time when Soldiers' morale is low is akin to flogging a child when he cries because of hunger; and no one bothers to ask the child why he was crying. I think our military authority should stop chasing shadows and start looking at the substance - Investigate the cause of the Soldiers' disobedience to authority or it is mere hypocrisy.

This is my candid opinion on the matter.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by davidigomanel: 11:11am On Jan 06, 2015
When the solider are not properly equipped, allowances are not paid. Their is corruption in the system. Don't kil our gallant solider instead dismissed them from service reasons been that dey don't support ur corrupt system.What they ask for the right instruments to work with. Un Tnx for intervention. Help us out from this bad guy call boko haram.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by undigeh: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
Let us not be in haste to comment, otherwise we find ourselves unconsciously supporting evil.
The question the Nigerian Military must find an answer to, is this, why is MUTINY of this nature is common and peculiar to only Nigeria State of all the countries of the world, both developed and undeveloped?

l humbly suggest every comment in respect of mutiny saga should be suspended till we we ask the military Authority to provide answer to the above heart ♥ searching question.
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by youngprof2n(m): 10:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wht is this country of ours turning into?
Re: UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny by holusormi(m): 7:37am On Jan 07, 2015
KingBish:

Pictures of the 2008 Lexus RX550 please

This is a scam ,, better shine your eyes , to avoid stories that touch ,, check this link
https://www.nairaland.com/1293073/nigerian-customs-not-auction-cars

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode To Pump $60m Into Lekki Free Zone Project / EFCC Grills Theodore Orji Over N27bn Fraud / Imo State Owing Me N8bn Security Votes - Okorocha Faults Corruption Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.