Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,077 members, 7,957,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:11 AM

Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games (2048 Views)

How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt / Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? / Watch Your Videos While Dialing a number Or Playing Games On Any Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Wittylens(m): 8:49am On Jan 05, 2015

I love playing games, computer or mobile phone games. Over the years I have lost count of the number of games I have played. For those of us that grew up in the 90s we will remember Nintendo, Super Mario, Mortal Kombat etc. In the days of smart phones, we now have Temple Runs, Dots, Candy Crush Saga, war, sport games and several others. Recently I’ve been hooked to Candy Crush Saga and it is very exciting moving from one level to another.

I believe so much in perspectives, the more reason I hardly blame people for what they believe in or get hooked up with to engage their time. The choices we have now have made a lot of people choose whatever they engage their time with and for me if I am not designing websites or training, I’m with my Android phone playing all sorts of games to relax my stressed bones.

I was playing Angry Birds some months back and I decided to critically analyse the game and some underlying lessons I can learn while playing with. After several weeks of playing Candy Crush Saga, I noticed the same lessons I learnt from Angry Birds were just the same and they apply across all the other games that are out there.

The first lesson I’ve learnt is that there is always a need to understand one’s purpose in life. Every game comes with its underlying purpose and without this understanding you will just be playing the game without achieving anything.

Taking Candy Crush for example, for you to pass a level, there is a task that you need to carry task, a purpose to fulfill. There are several times I won’t take a look at the instruction for a level and I will stop midway asking myself what exactly I am supposed to achieve.

There are so many people living who don’t even understand why they are existing, a lot of people go in circle all through their stay on this planet without even bothering to know the reason they are existing. Too bad!

Why do people get stuck on a particular level while playing Candy Crush or any other game? Why do people get stuck in their career or life? There’s a popular cliche that no one ever plan to fail but people fail to plan. To win any level in any of the games, I have to devise a plan or strategy.  Most times when you play these games without a definite strategy, you stay longer on that level unless luck shows up.

Same thing with our lives, we need a strategy to move from where we are to where ever we want to be. Knowing our purpose is not enough when there is no strategy to achieve our life purpose. We need to sit our ass down and plan how we need to achieve our goals if ever we want to move forward in life.

The question a lot of people ask is why they are not achieving their goals after they have written them down and also start the action process. The games I have been playing have taught me the importance of patience. There are times I will see a level as very simple but I will still spend days trying to pass the level due to one reason or another.

We need to understand that there are some things that will happen that are beyond our control. Mistakes will happen when trying to achieve our goals, detours will also occur along the way that will make achieving our goals take time. At this point we need to understand that patience is a virtue we need to have.

Some goals will happen faster than we can imagine while some will definitely take time. No matter what is going on while pursuing your goals, stay focused and never give up. No matter how long it takes, you will surely get to the finish line.

Believe it or not, to every problem that exist in this world, there is ALWAYS A SOLUTION! I just have to emphasise that. No matter how long a race is, there will always be a finish line. I have seen people finish a 100m race in seconds and I have also seen several others finish a 10km race, though in a longer time.

I have actually been on a level in Candy Crush for two weeks trying to complete that level. A lot of people call that addiction but I just see it as finishing what I have started. When I was still playing Angry Birds, I was on a level close to a month and I kept playing it. One fateful morning, I was just playing again and I was able to finish that level, just like that.

There are lot of challenges facing the human race but the truth is that we keep having solutions to all these challenges from time to time. There is no place worth going that there won’t be obstacles, take it or leave it. If you have the solution mindset, you will always figure out the solution to whatever challenge you have, no matter how long it takes.

The first time I published a book, I included a quote that I can’t figure out who made the statement. The last line of the quote said:

…the end of one problem, is the beginning of another…

When you think you have finished a difficult level in any game, you cannot rest or be excused from the game, what ALWAYS happened is that you are presented with a harder level. Meaning what you achieved a few seconds or minutes ago has become history, you need to brace up and meet higher challenges.

How many people get promoted in their place or work and are saddled with lesser tasks that even their juniors won’t be assigned? Whenever you conquer a particular goal in life, you are expected to target higher goals because not doing so will allow rots to set in and those you think you have left behind will catch up with you.

In the game of life, it is a sin to rest on your oars! You just have to keep moving higher.

Now that I have shared these lessons, I will be looking forward to learning more lessons, who knows there may be a part 2 of this. That is called moving higher.

If you are a game addict just like me I will like to know if there are lessons that you have learnt that I didn’t mention above. The floor is now yours, use the comment box to share with me and every other person that will be reading this.

http://bolaoni.com/important-life-lessons-learnt-from-playing-games/

11 Likes

Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by maaji: 9:38am On Jan 05, 2015
i smel fp
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Whizpeter(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
Nice write up.. you try
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by blessedvisky(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2015
nice one. there are lessons to be learnt from little things around us.
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Tonniey(m): 11:02am On Jan 05, 2015
I play a lot of games also. Wot I have learnt from those games is that whenever u finish a level of the game, u will b very happy nd feel accomplished, bt that doesn't mean the next level would b easy to ride on. Such is life. When u re rich, wen u have everything u needed. There is always gonna be another level where u will have to attain either by wishing to bcome more rich or u wanna protect ur wealth, then, there comes d struggle to attain such level again.
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 05, 2015
Car racing games really thought me how to drive in real life, no joke about that...
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Xxpress(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Nice one op.
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Promking: 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2015
Runner games like subway surfers, temple run...have helped me to have quick fingers and swift reflexes in a way (like reacting to challenges quickly in real life), being prepared for un-seen problems plus the will to always continue no matter how many times i fail
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Nice write up op. If you learn anything from games, it's that when you meet enemies, it means you are going in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by akashi01(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
#Ok
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by debque(m): 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
thumbs up smiley
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Wittylens(m): 4:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
thanks
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by joshbouy(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2015
am inspired
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by nwaobitex: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2015
Okay
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
So true..

Life must be purpose driven.
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by sorextee(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2015
Still stuck in lvl 465 in candy crush. Very inspiring write up.

1 Like

Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Francheezy(m): 11:59pm On Jan 05, 2015
This guy sabi lie. How will you say you played a level in angry birds for one month. Ahh ahhn.. You can like to lie oooohhhhh. Hmm
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Wittylens(m): 1:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Francheezy:
This guy sabi lie. How will you say you played a level in angry birds for one month. Ahh ahhn.. You can like to lie oooohhhhh. Hmm

Is it impossible?
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by maxibrainz: 1:28am On Jan 06, 2015
nice one
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by jworos(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2015
nice writeup,bt e long sha...
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by sorextee(m): 8:50am On Jan 06, 2015
E possible o. I played level 245 in candy crush, for up to one month, before I passed it. Those who play the game and have passed that stage, will understand what I mean. Though it's all about luck. Some start with a good board and finish early, while some..... u know d rest..
Francheezy:
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Daintilicious(f): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2015
Business sense I got from playing games

The first level is the hardest level

When you start out in a business even though you have done similar things before, you start out with less weapons, less life chances (opportunities), blind (not knowing which way the enemy will come out) and most importantly survival is the top priority on your mind and this limits your ability to carefully analyze choice.

The top level is the easiest

Here you are fully loaded with weapons you have picked up on the way, you know where the risks are so your mind is not just to avoid the risk but to use it to your advantage, you have accumulated many lives so you can afford to take a loss and recover. Survival is secondary, you now want to finish it with dexterity. No matter how they play busy, your CEOs are actually the ones enjoying their work more.

Returning to a tough task after a break makes it easier.

If you are stuck on a particular level or task, putting it aside helps your subconscious mind to work on it without even you knowing it. You will be surprised how easy you complete it after the break.

Reserve weapons

Saving your resources when the going is easy is very important to your later progress. If you squander your resources at the beginning sets the stage for your early exit.

Don't always use the well beaten path at the beginning of your business, be a pathfinder.

Using Messi and Barca at the start of your football game career makes scoring looks so easy but you will be stuck with Messi as you will later find out that scoring is so hard without Messi. Initial challenges are a package of lessons to learn on how to handle different challenges in life. Building an average player to be a goal poacher pays more than to use an already made magician.

Source : www.daintilicious.com

1 Like

Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by SUGARSON(m): 9:04am On Jan 06, 2015
PLAYING ONE LEVEL FOR A MONTH?
OP U TRY OOI!

AS FOR ME, IF I PLAY ONE LEVEL OF A GAME FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS AND I DON'T SUCCEED IN PASSING THAT LEVEL, I GO JUST DELETE THE GAME SHARPLY.

SUCH GAME DOESN'T WORTH MY TIME!!!
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by 3coins(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2015
(Y)
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by tmanis(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2015
oh yes
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Francheezy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wittylens:

Is it impossible?

It is possible.
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Dhurmynick(m): 3:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Fp
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by nani667: 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
Candy Crush of Life...

Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by Wittylens(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmmm.....

Over 24 hours and this post hasn't made FP..

I doubt if the phones section have MODS
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by wheesin(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
yawns* and farts in thread *
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by wheesin(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
yawns* and farts on thread *
Re: Important Life Lessons Learnt From Playing Games by ireneony(f): 11:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
i love candy crush saga

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Happy Hour Data Spamming Me All Day / Are All uk/usa/london Used Phone Clones? / Please Help My Leagoo M8 Pro Touch Pad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.