Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,417 members, 7,850,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. (33693 Views)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by arimahoseloka(m): 9:34am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Do you know if I sell pads? Gerrawta my sight old thing.
smh
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 9:51am On Feb 15, 2015
I know of one who caters for her entire family(mum and two brothers) with such lifestyle. After their dad died, their rich inlaws left them with nothing. While her actions are not justifiable, she is determined to pull her family up rather than let them pull her down. I only know of this one because she's a family friend.

And did I mention she's doing way better than me doing a regular 8-6 job and still searching for a dream job? She bought a car for her mum last year and is planning on building her a house soon

Like someone said, don't judge them all cos u don't know their story

4 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Ryda(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
There are times we need to ask ourselves questions and answer them truthfully.

What I’m talking about today is the reason some ladies will leave everyone they know in a state and go to the city to stay without a job or handwork.

Personaly I don’t see why anyone will love to leave his or her beloved family to spend time in another part of the country without a genuine reason.

Their(ladies) reasons most times are, They want money, spouse, They need to be free from parents and everyone they know, a job etc but they don't know that in so doing they have pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Thats why you see them Being used in the relationships, Guys see them as spare parts element and not wife materials, the very unfortunate ones are being killed for ritual purposes.

It breaks my heart to see the pitiable life they live here.
You see them cooking and washing for guys. Some are even married without their parent's knowledge. On sundays they would be praying for a guy to ask them to cook for him so that at least their would be something to eat. Crazy things like that.

There are those that have moved into the permanent site(Prostitution).

There is one around here, the only time she sleep at home is when she is seeing her period. No job, oh sorry, she is got a job. Her job is her relationship, she is got more than five guys that are dating her.

And there some (goshcry) that date sugar-mummies(lesbian sugar-mummies).

Typing the stuffs they do here just to survive will definitely give me keypadtriosis.

I know that some of them do succeed and make money but every other thing seems to be against them.

My questions are:

1: Why leave your village when you know that you don't have anything serious to do in the city?

2: Is the money worth what they pass through?

Nd do you think they are girls for nothing?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:
I know of one who caters for her entire family(mum and two brothers) with such lifestyle. After their dad died, their rich inlaws left them with nothing. While her actions are not justifiable, she is determined pull her family up rather than let them pull her down. I only know of this one because she's a family friend.

And did I mention she's doing way better than me doing a regular 8-6 job and still searching for a dream job?

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by alexlee50: 9:57am On Feb 15, 2015
mployer:
A lady can live in the city without a job and without prostituting. The ones You met are probably career prostitutes hiding under the cover of 'no jobs'
How my guy?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by ChiSun27(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2015
MissSlimbody:

No be bible talk dat 1 ooo, na we christians dey talk am.

Your own slim na baba where lepa shandy dey....u no dey chop? Abi dem no feed you with fatty foods when u dey small?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by hardbody: 10:03am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
If you think this is a female bashing thread then your hands ain't clean and your path ain't straight.

You may be rigjt about my path and hands but why must it be ladies and women always? When its not about them not getting married, it about them living as single ladies all alone.....

What a backward society you all have and celebrate. Are any of those the reason BH is making Nigeria ungovernable or Buhari is trying yo take over from the one you guys call clueless? A group of people refusing to use their time meaningfully to think out good initiatives only coming tough on why women should this or that. Haba

3 Likes

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by ChiSun27(m): 10:05am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:
I know of one who caters for her entire family(mum and two brothers) with such lifestyle. After their dad died, their rich inlaws left them with nothing. While her actions are not justifiable, she is determined to pull her family up rather than let them pull her down. I only know of this one because she's a family friend.

And did I mention she's doing way better than me doing a regular 8-6 job and still searching for a dream job? She bought a car for her mum last year and is planning on building her a house soon

Young lady....there is no good justifiable reason for being a runs girl or venturing into prostitution....I hope you don't envy her sha?.....cus even the Bible says that...we shouldn't envy the wealth of the unrighteous.

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by gbenga007(m): 10:06am On Feb 15, 2015
mployer:

Some live with relatives
some squat with friends
some have money sent to them from parents and siblings
some have money sent to them by boy-friends somewhere
some live on NYSC savings
some have handworks like bead and cake-making
some do home lessons
...the list is numerous bro

In Abuja here, it's different--almost entirely. Most of them are runs girls/ashi.

God help us.

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by gbenga007(m): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

Sadly!
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

Are you saying that there is actually a good way to do bad things?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2015
ChiSun27:

Young lady....there is no good justifiable reason for being a runs girl or venturing into prostitution....I hope you don't envy her sha?.....cus even the Bible says that...we shouldn't envy the wealth of the unrighteous.

The last thing I'm doing is envy her oo, because while I know she's doing very well, I also know of some bad experiences she's been through. I sooo can't keep up with such lifestyle.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:

I guess, she is saying that some people do things so they and their families can survive.

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 10:20am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Oh well they call it Moral Crisis
*shrugs*

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by ChiSun27(m): 10:23am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

The last thing I'm doing is envy her oo, because while I know she's doing very well, I also know of some bad experiences she's been through. I sooo can't keep up with such lifestyle.

I'm happy with your reply...just as you know...Life is short but surely you have many years ahead of you...so your dreams will definitely come through...as long as you belief in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by eyinjuege: 10:25am On Feb 15, 2015
How do they cope? The same way they've being coping without a job in the village. Some are not even assured of 3 square meals a day in the village, so why not branch out to urban areas with more job opportunities.

There are some that get legit jobs like cleaning while others may go into prostitution (cos thats what you probably are trying to point out with this thread), just the way some guys come from the village to the city to start doing armed robbery and kidnapping.

Truth be told, most of our parents n grandfolks that relocated from their villages to the city didn't do anything sinister and they still managed to make it big in the city. Village people seem to have more drive to succeed than even those born n bred in the city
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 10:25am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

Oh well they call it Moral Crisis
*shrugs*
*shrugs too*.

In the last part of your previous comment, you said that I should not judge them until I read their story.

That statement of yours got me confused, all I did was list the pitiable life the live here and ask if the benefit is worth what the pass through.

Please tell me, where and how did I judge them?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 10:31am On Feb 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I guess, she is saying that some people do things so they and their families can survive.
I got what she meant, I understand that too but majority are in it for different reasons. My question still stands, will the end justify the means? For me, there is absolutely no good way to do bad things. You can't say that a guy who is into robbery so that his family can survive is doing the right thing. There is always a better alternative but some people are to lazy to find it.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Boriqua(m): 10:35am On Feb 15, 2015
tooltip:
Sometimes, i wonder how some ladies who earn 100k or less in abuja can afford pricey apartments in gwarinpa, maitama and other highbrow areas, it just doesn't add up

For the unemployed:: Please look for a good freelance website where you can work remotely(writing, research, design jobs, virtual assistant work) etc and still earn enough to take care of your expenses.It will help you to hone your skills and improve on your self-worth while paying your bills

May God bless you,i was about saying the same,infact i have one online job to offer the unemployed among us here! Go to www.cashripe.com/?id=Edwards start earning in dollars now. GOODLUCK!!!
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
I got what she meant, I understand that too but majority are in it for different reasons. My question still stands, will the end justify the means? For me, there is absolutely no good way to do bad things. You can't say that a guy who is into robbery so that his family can survive is doing the right thing. There is always a better alternative but some people are to lazy to find it.

How do you know that majority of them are in it for different reasons than poverty in a poverty-stricken country without any social security system people can fall on?

Do you know majority of them? Are there any statistics?

You cannot compare prostitution to robbery. Prostitutes help people and at worst harm themselves. Robbers hurt others to help themselves.

What other alternative has a lady got in Nigeria if she cannot find a job and has to feed her illiterate mother and her younger siblings?
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Gamboh55(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

There's no justification whatsoever..I went to a bar on friday night and i saw some Ashhh/runs chiks flaunting their goods and at the same time i saw other ladies in uniforms serving drinks, others making shawarma by the side and others making pepper soup and Asun and i got to know that the lady making the shawarma owns the shawarma spot which she started two years ago.... you and those hardworking ladies chose the honourable way while your friend chose her path, the path of dishonour and there will be consequences..There is no excuse, your friend could have worked her way up and not by selling her GOODS..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Gamboh55(m): 10:43am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:

You couldnt have said it any better..Poverty is not an excuse to get into 419/armed robber and prostitution... There's a more honourable way...The armed robbers and the runs girls are surely not the first and wouldnt be the last to find themselves in those difficult situations..They have chosen their path and there will be consequences...One luv
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2015
I think the worst is living with your parents, being jobless and prostituting from home.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
Those people that depend on her, what happened to them, can't they work?

BTW, I have no sister that's still single. No headache at all.
Now i understand u r still suckin ur mums breast...u bera grow up boy
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 10:51am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
*shrugs too*.

In the last part of your previous comment, you said that I should not judge them until I read their story.

That statement of yours got me confused, all I did was list the pitiable life the live here and ask if the benefit is worth what the pass through.

Please tell me, where and how did I judge them?
You created this thread because u feel it's wrong for a lady without a job to leave her family house and go live in the city, in a way that's judging them. That's why I used a case study of someone I know to explain that some don't want to stay back in their family houses because they take up the responsibility of catering for that same family, and maybe they feel getting a regular job won't cut it for them.

Well I wouldn't know if what they go through to make the money is all worth it, but they wouldn't keep doing it if they didn't think so. Don't be confused Mr, I do not and will never support a girl going after men for money to survive, but if a grown lady chooses that path for herself, then goodluck to her.

I've grown and learnt to live my life by my own principles and not minding how others choose to live theirs. Do you get my point now?

1 Like

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Tallesty1(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

How do you know that majority of them are in it for different reasons than poverty in a poverty-stricken country without any social security system people can fall on?

Do you know majority of them? Are there any statistics?

You cannot compare prostitution to robbery. Prostitutes help people and at worst harm themselves. Robbers hurt others to help themselves.

What other alternative has a lady got in Nigeria if she cannot find a job and has to feed her illiterate mother and her younger siblings?
My dear............ I hate blaming the government for our personal problems which are most times a result of bad decisions we made.

There is no country on earth that do not have prostitutes and runs girls, not one.

Ok, you are in this country and so are other countless decent girls that struggle(in a decent way) to survive, so why is their own different?

There is one runs-lady around here, she is from benue state. She is well known for linking young ladies to old papas and recruiting young guys for mamas. She is from a rich home, I know her family in benue state. Her dad has a school and drives infinity jeep but the lady is here at abuja fvcking every fuckable thing.

Can you tell me that poverty is still her own reason?

No way dear, it is in her system.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2015
Gamboh55:

There's no justification whatsoever..I went to a bar on friday night and i saw some Ashhh/runs chiks flaunting their goods and at the same time i saw other ladies in uniforms serving drinks, others making shawarma by the side and others making pepper soup and Asun and i got to know that the lady making the shawarma owns the shawarma spot which she started two years ago.... you and those hardworking ladies chose the honourable way while your friend chose her path, the path of dishonour and there will be consequences..There is no excuse, your friend could have worked her way up and not by selling her GOODS..
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2015
Tallesty1:
My dear............ I hate blaming the government for our personal problems which are most times a result of bad decisions we made.

Nigeria's government cannot be blamed enough so I disagree with you.

There is no country on earth that do not have prostitutes and runs girls, not one.

There are countries in which prostitution is not the result of desperation.

Ok, you are in this country and so are other countless decent girls that struggle(in a decent way) to survive, so why is their own different?

I am not and that makes me even more compassionate to the situation people face in this country.

There is one runs-lady around here, she is from benue state. She is well known for linking young ladies to old papas and recruiting young guys for mamas. She is from a rich home, I know her family in benue state. Her dad has a school and drives infinity jeep but the lady is here at abuja fvcking every fuckable thing.

Not everyone considers prostitution wrong. You do, probably for religious reasons but you is not everyone.

I, for my part, am thankful that some women choose this path, if not because they are forced to due to life circumstances, because I believe that without prosti*tues ra*pe would take place more often. Consequently, I am grateful, some ladies do it.

Can you tell me that poverty is still her own reason?

Just because she doesn't do it because of poverty, doesn't mean others don't.

No way dear, it is in her system.

I don't understand.
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 15, 2015
ulaa:
Who told you every family is loving or supportive, some family members are worst than satan. Most of the ladies you are talking about, come from bad homes. Don't be quick to judge.
Madam, u are too old to be usin nairaland.. U shud be readin newspaper or watchin NTA Newsline
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2015
Thank you!, brother i honestly think you should get a life outside these signup schemes that promise a good life just for doing nothing..you could start the next big thing on the internet , you know?.....
Boriqua:

May God bless you,i was about saying the same,infact i have one online job to offer the unemployed among us here! Go to www.cashripe.com/?id=Edwards start earning in dollars now. GOODLUCK!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by anitank(f): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2015
ChiSun27:

I'm happy with your reply...just as you know...Life is short but surely you have many years ahead of you...so your dreams will definitely come through...as long as you belief in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Oh yes! I'm a strong believer smiley
Re: Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. by GodMode: 11:12am On Feb 15, 2015
anitank:

Good for her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men, Why Did You Stop Marrying Two Or More Wives? / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.