Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria (50133 Views)

Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Snail Farming Exposed - A Complete Free Guide To Profitable Snail Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
nennin:
#lesgupnigeria pls sir sorry to ask this betweensl soybean, groundunt, and maize which of them has high demand and how much per bag or per unit sell.
i can tell you that this or that has the highest or lowest demand but what i can tell you is that you.must create your own demand(market)
Market varies from one location to another.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2015
Before you invest in agriculture, get all the information you need to get

Read my new thread on plantain farming business.

Its a MUST READ for intending farmers.

nairaland.com/2170719/must-read-plantain-
farmers-intending
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:15am On Mar 02, 2015
Good morning people!!!

Do you want contacts of reliable buyers
From plantain,cassava,watermelon,palmkernel etc

You can get in touch with me.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by nennin(m): 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
lesgupnigeria pls sir i need the contact.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:59pm On Mar 02, 2015
nennin:
lesgupnigeria pls sir i need the contact.
yusuffgbenga@gmail.com,info@agrolesgupservices.com
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by saliubello(m): 6:29am On Mar 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Corn - Feb/Early March.
Tomato -Aug 15( transplanting)
Watermelon - Feb/Sept.
Cucumber - Sept.

By the time of maturity, there will be low supply in the market which you can take advantage of.
Please, I want to challenge you on this your timing that you put up here. Are you the rain keeper to suggest that everyone should plant at this time. Remember our weathers varies. If you plant these crops on these days, you must be ready for a gamble with the rains. Experienced farmers will know better.

Rather than making people go through a gamble, suggest how they will minimise cost, use the best of farming practices and good storage methods. Then can investments in agriculture be profitable not telling them to gamble. Else teach them how you make the rains!
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2015
saliubello:
Please, I want to challenge you on this your timing that you put up here. Are you the rain keeper to suggest that everyone should plant at this time. Remember our weathers varies. If you plant these crops on these days, you must be ready for a gamble with the rains. Experienced farmers will know better.

Rather than making people go through a gamble, suggest how they will minimise cost, use the best of farming practices and good storage methods. Then can investments in agriculture be profitable not telling them to gamble. Else teach them how you make the rains!

grin grin grin maybe one day i will start teaching on how to make rain.
how many farmers have good storage facility to store produce for a long time and sell to the market when the supply is low?

The time table was based on my market research about various crops in nigeria

The simple strategy is to sell your produce in the market when the supply is low.
weather varies slightly but deep knowledge of supply to various market is important.

Let take watermelon for instance,watermelon is profitable in the south if planted by september or Feb/March because by the time of harvesting and selling,supply from the.North will.be very low therby commanding higher prices than when the supply to the market is high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by saliubello(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2015
Well, depends on how you look at it. This your idea is what gives a lot of people hearthache. Why, truth be told you might plant it at that time and make bounty gains but I am very sure 95% of those who go by this speculation return frustrated because the likelihood is that not all of their produce will do well. All through february, i bet it only rained sparingly here which is not enough to germinate your seed talkless of nurturing it till maturity.

But the good side is that with your suggestion I will encourage you not to grow in large quantity all at once in anticipation to target high price, rather stagger your planting 2-3 weeks interval such that if the first set fails, you are sure you have a back up in the second set. My 2 cent here. He that has ear let him take heed.

Thats y, i was so fascinated with Jasper's all year round cultivation of course with irrigation. You sell the least price and also sell the highest price.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by johnny4u2(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

My head dey swell to give out more useful agric information..Lol.
If you want to join any.farmers association,let me know your.location, then i can then give you the contact of who to call to get registered.
Thanks.for.following.

Hi I want to know the framers association close to me. My location is Wasimi in Ewekoro LGA. Ogun State
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stevecrown(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2015
I highly appreciate ur effort to help most especially d young aspiring farmers may God continue to bless u sir.pls I want to know d exact amount of suckers DAT wouldn contain 1 hectare of land also other expenses DAT I would b spending and wat if one want u to manage d farm will dere b reduction on d price of suckers pls I want u to pls make analysis pls am just a young aspiring farmer pls ur urgent reply would b highly appreciated pls dis my email stevecrown681@gmail.com .tanks once again God bless
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
stevecrown:
I highly appreciate ur effort to help most especially d young aspiring farmers may God continue to bless u sir.pls I want to know d exact amount of suckers DAT wouldn contain 1 hectare of land also other expenses DAT I would b spending and wat if one want u to manage d farm will dere b reduction on d price of suckers pls I want u to pls make analysis pls am just a young aspiring farmer pls ur urgent reply would b highly appreciated pls dis my email stevecrown681@gmail.com .tanks once again God bless
you can send me a message on info@agrolesgupservices.com,yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or call me on 08164628081,08092034147
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stevecrown(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

you can send me a message on info@agrolesgupservices.com,yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or call me on 08164628081,08092034147
av sent u a mail pls ur reply is urgently needed sir
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2015
Stay connected for more useful info on this thread.
You will be glad you did
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stevecrown(m): 11:46am On Mar 04, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

pls sir am waiting for ur reply av sent u a mail
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
stevecrown:
pls sir am waiting for ur reply av sent u a mail
sorry i cant see your mail.
you can resend again to yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
saliubello:
Well, depends on how you look at it. This your idea is what gives a lot of people hearthache. Why, truth be told you might plant it at that time and make bounty gains but I am very sure 95% of those who go by this speculation return frustrated because the likelihood is that not all of their produce will do well. All through february, i bet it only rained sparingly here which is not enough to germinate your seed talkless of nurturing it till maturity.

But the good side is that with your suggestion I will encourage you not to grow in large quantity all at once in anticipation to target high price, rather stagger your planting 2-3 weeks interval such that if the first set fails, you are sure you have a back up in the second set. My 2 cent here. He that has ear let him take heed.

Thats y, i was so fascinated with Jasper's all year round cultivation of course with irrigation. You sell the least price and also sell the highest price.
Well,you have done well and your suggestion is welcome.
I guess you are based in the north where by this time of the year, there is usually no occurence of rain.
Take watermelon for instance, it does not actually need much consistent rain but more sunlight provided its planted when the soil is moist and soft.
Once in a week or once in two weeks rain is sufficient for it to.grow.
In some part of ogun,Lagos state and ibadan,if you are not planting watermelon now, you may be late.
By the time the watermelon start producing balls during the heavy rainy season,you can.be assure of zero harvest because the too much rain will spoil those balls.
This also applies to some other crops.
One need to.bring in a whole lot of factor for a successful agribusiness venture;marketing,time of planting,nature of crop to be planted

All of these have been brought into the equation through my own personal experience before stating those best time for cultivation of the crops.

You cannot just plant during abundance of rain and not put into consideration your market and the nature of crops to be planted,whether the rain will favour it or not.

I hope you get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2015
Agribusiness is the way for new emergence of young billionaires and wealthy people in this country.
Agriculture has replaced the crude oil as more agropreneurs and investors are now fully involved the business of agriculture.

Get started and involved this season to create your own wealth.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by adewusi(m): 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Well,you have done well and your suggestion is welcome.
I guess you are based in the north where by this time of the year, there is usually no occurence of rain.
Take watermelon for instance, it does not actually need much consistent rain but more sunlight provided its planted when the soil is moist and soft.
Once in a week or once in two weeks rain is sufficient for it to.grow.
In some part of ogun,Lagos state and ibadan,if you are not planting watermelon now, you may be late.
By the time the watermelon start producing balls during the heavy rainy season,you can.be assure of zero harvest because the too much rain will spoil those balls.
This also applies to some other crops.
One need to.bring in a whole lot of factor for a successful agribusiness venture;marketing,time of planting,nature of crop to be planted

All of these have been brought into the equation through my own personal experience before stating those best time for cultivation of the crops.

You cannot just plant during abundance of rain and not put into consideration your market and the nature of crops to be planted,whether the rain will favour it or not.

I hope you get it

Thanks for your expertise views.
I have been contemplating on planting melon (egusi) on a very large scale this march but I am not certain of the market infact I have not been able to get concrete info. But then I have heard a lot about the supposed high returns of water-melon (the fruit), and now I stumbled on your thread. My thinking is drifting now towards the latter as I can be sure of the market (at least with ur help). But my questions are that is it not too really too late to plant Water-melon in March here in Oyo state? Secondly, do you have info on the marketability of Egusi. Then for an agric starter like me, am I also able to get subsidized seeds and inputs or even credit support?. Thanks.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
adewusi:

Thanks for your expertise views.
I have been contemplating on planting melon (egusi) on a very large scale this march but I am not certain of the market infact I have not been able to get concrete info. But then I have heard a lot about the supposed high returns of water-melon (the fruit), and now I stumbled on your thread. My thinking is drifting now towards the latter as I can be sure of the market (at least with ur help). But my questions are that is it not too really too late to plant Water-melon in March here in Oyo state? Secondly, do you have info on the marketability of Egusi. Then for an agric starter like me, am I also able to get subsidized seeds and inputs or even credit support?. Thanks.
Where in oyo state?
Its not.too early to start cultivation.
Watermelon takes 3 month to mature and if you start late, by the time the melon begins to produce balls and the rain is too much, then the yield will be drastically reduced.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:09am On Mar 05, 2015
Good morning people!!!
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
With good Marketing strategy,you are good to.make much more money from your agribusiness this season.
Find good market for your produce.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:59pm On Mar 05, 2015
Invest and Do agricbusiness....it pays
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by adewusi(m): 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

Where in oyo state?
Its not.too early to start cultivation.
Watermelon takes 3 month to mature and if you start late, by the time the melon begins to produce balls and the rain is too much, then the yield will be drastically reduced.
Iseyin area.
Okay I get
Please answer the other questions.
And can I get ur e-mail to discuss more closely about market. Thanks
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:17am On Mar 07, 2015
adewusi:

Iseyin area.
Okay I get
Please answer the other questions.
And can I get ur e-mail to discuss more closely about market. Thanks
Ok.
Marketing of watermelon is not actually a problem.
My email is yusuffgbenga@gmail.com
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:32am On Mar 08, 2015
Happy sunday to you all.
Stay connected for more useful info
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2015
Do not be like the local farmers that are more into production and no knowledge about how and where to sell their produce; reason why we have large percentage of farmers not making money in the business of agriculture
...Know your markets.

For those farmers and intending farmers that i will set-up their farm will have the advantage of free consultancy throughout the duration of the crop cultivation.

You will also have access to my network of buyers meaning that you will not have to worry about marketing your products (you are assured of ready market for your produce)

For those people that will want me to manage their farm,there will be no set-up or management fee to be charge but 20% of the after-sale profit will be collected.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
This season is going to be green.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2015
Getting good market is one of the most important thing in agribusiness.
There is an opportunity for people that will.be doing business with me this season (buying tissue cultured hybrid suckers,managing their farms) as i will be going extra mile to link them to my network of buyers.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Mar 12, 2015
Expand your capacity for knowledge of agribusiness and you are sure to gain experience for running and starting a profitable agribusiness.

One of the way of knowing more is by asking more questions about the business of agriculture

Get your questions across to me on this thread and improve your knowledge on starting a profitable agribusiness.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stevecrown(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
@lesgu pls can u place help me wit d analysis of an acre of land d amount of suckers and price of each of dem and also other hidden charges and I want u to manage it for me will dere b any discount most especially d price of suckers pls am just a student and a very young Aspiring. farmer pls did my email stevecrown681@gmail.com pls if u can also post it here would b nice tanks and waiting for ur urgent reply
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
stevecrown:
@lesgu pls can u place help me wit d analysis of an acre of land d amount of suckers and price of each of dem and also other hidden charges and I want u to manage it for me will dere b any discount most especially d price of suckers pls am just a student and a very young Aspiring. farmer pls did my email stevecrown681@gmail.com pls if u can also post it here would b nice tanks and waiting for ur urgent reply
i will not collect management fee from you but 20% of the profit you will realised from the venture
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stevecrown(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

i will not collect management fee from you but 20% of the profit you will realised from the venture
tanks. pls wat is d amount I would spend including every hidden charges just for an Acer can u pls help me wit DAT analysis and also can I start around d month of May dis year u can post it here or my mail stevecrown681@gmail.com. tanks would b waiting for ur reply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Starting A Plantain Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.