Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria (50128 Views)

Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Snail Farming Exposed - A Complete Free Guide To Profitable Snail Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
stevecrown:
tanks. pls wat is d amount I would spend including every hidden charges just for an Acer can u pls help me wit DAT analysis and also can I start around d month of May dis year u can post it here or my mail stevecrown681@gmail.com. tanks would b waiting for ur reply.
No hidden charge whatsoever.
cultivating by May will not be advisable except you have irrigation facility on your farm.
The cost of production from suckers,planting,weeding and harvesting for 1acre is 400k inclusive land purchase.

1 Like

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:53am On Mar 14, 2015
Your level of marketing skills and experience is very crucial in the business of agriculture.
Read and digest this thread to know how to improve your skills and strategies of agribusiness marketing.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2015
@op.thanks for this wonderful post.My questions are:-) 1.Is it possible for one to plant cucumber with plantain on the same 1acre of land?2.if it is possible,please like how much will it cost ? 3.What is the profit expectation for the cucumber and plantain on that one acre?Thanks and God bless.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
@op.thanks for this wonderful post.My questions are:-) 1.Is it possible for one to plant cucumber with plantain on the same 1acre of land?2.if it is possible,please like how much will it cost ? 3.What is the profit expectation for the cucumber and plantain on that one acre?Thanks and God bless.
Ok.thanks
its very possible to intercrop plantain with cucumbee especially when the plantain has not yet form a shade.
Averagely,it will cost about 400-420k/acre and you can realised 700-800k as revenue on the 1acre provided its well managed.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2015
@op,thanks.Is the 700k - 800k for cucumber or plantain.Or is it for both?Finally like how much will I spend for the cucumber.

1 Like

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by stagger: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2015
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
stagger:
YEAP summary here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2177369/youth-employment-agriculture-programme-yeap/1#31566758
Good job.
The doubting thomases will not stop saying that its a propaganda.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
oga Lesgupnigeria, please can you answer my last question.thanks

1 Like

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
@op,thanks.Is the 700k - 800k for cucumber or plantain.Or is it for both?Finally like how much will I spend for the cucumber.
just for the plantain.You can also intercrop with watermelon but whatever you are intercropping it with, the only cost will be for the seed procurement and maybe cost of insecticides.
Cost of weeding will take care both the plantain and whatever you want to intercrop.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 9:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
my oga ,thank you.please, what is the ROI for cucumber or watermelon in one acre of land.Thank you.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2015
PURITYMYPRIDE:
my oga ,thank you.please, what is the ROI for cucumber or watermelon in one acre of land.Thank you.
With good management,about 150-200%.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by nennin(m): 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
house pls i have successfully planted my maize and the minimum products i am expecting is 10000 pieces now how do i get buyers help me
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
nennin:
house pls i have successfully planted my maize and the minimum products i am expecting is 10000 pieces now how do i get buyers help me
how many acres of maize do you cultivate?
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
For your free consultancy and practical tips to succeed in agribusiness,
contact me today.
It pays to Get practical experience or partner with experienced agropreneur before venturing into agribusiness
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by nennin(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
@lesgupnigeria 1acre sir
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
nennin:
@lesgupnigeria 1acre sir
But do you think you will be able to get 10,000 maize cob from 1acre?
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Get practical answers to your challenges/question on this thread.
Let me know by posting them on this thread and will be willing to help you solve them.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2015
There is need to have a team that will be in charge of the marketing of your produce.
Sales of your produce is the key to the success of your agribusiness.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Stay glued to this thread for more useful info.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Being time conscious is very important in.agribusiness.
If you miss the season for a particular crop, your output.for.the.season can be at risk.
Act fast and quickly...
Do agric...create wealth
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:04am On Mar 21, 2015
Good morning people!!!
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2015
As oil price continues to go down, the best venture to invest into is agribusiness.
The future is here
Do it and create wealth
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by nennin(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2015
@lesgupnigeria sir pls do you know the current price of maize per/ton?
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:24am On Mar 22, 2015
nennin:
@lesgupnigeria sir pls do you know the current price of maize per/ton?
1ton goes for #40k
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2015
@op, can we still work things out now.I am interested in watermelon and cucumber for one hecter.please, let me know.thanks
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by PURITYMYPRIDE(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2015
May I also know what it the cost of production and other chargers.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
@Puritymypride
you can contact me on 08092034147,08164628081
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2015
Agribusiness is the way...The future is here.
Do it.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
dapee:
@ Lesgupnigeria please what will it take to have a good yield when plantain fruits during dry season like around February. My understating is because of lack of rain when plantain fruits during this period there is tendency for it to fall because of the weight of the fruit which is as a result of dehydration. Please shed more light on this.
wonderful questions you have asked.
I always advise people interested in cultivating plantain to always start early so the market will.be in their favour and so.many other things as well.
Some of these challenges can.be overcome if you have started cultivation earlier.
Anyone that want to start plantain farm should have acquire land by now.

Also most of the farms i have visited this year also face these challenges because they didnot make use of good suckers during cultivation.

Most time what cause plantain to fall is not actually the wind,its nematode infection.
When a plantain farm is infected with nematode,slight wind cause them to fall.
If you notice that you can.only destroy the plantain or preventively use tissue cultured hybrid suckers.
Also the reason most farmers does not have good yield is as a result of poor.management.
I.made mention of thinning in one of my thread.
during fruiting,you will.notice 3 or.more suckers around the plantain,the best thing to do.during this time is to remove them to.reduce competition for nutrients.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:58am On Mar 23, 2015
dapee:
Thanks for your response. The farms i visited in Kobape area in Ogun state all experienced this. When is the right month for planting April, May or June? The only way to prevent this on new farms is using tissue cultured suckers. Is there also any other way of eradicating the nematodes on an existing farm?
Ok.
March-April is the idea time to cultivate.
Yes,the only way to.prevent this is to use tissue cultured suckers.
The only way of eradicating nematode is to destroy the plantain.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2015
If you can supply plantain bunches at that rate,you can contact this company
emmaeny:
hello great farmers

pls i need plantain in large quantity ensure they are big ones please

i will be needing a constant supply of about 2tons per week
call 08155571444
Nice one.
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
Think Big, Break limiting limit and aim for the best.
Be the best,offer the best and do the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Starting A Plantain Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.