Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc (36891 Views)

Cecilia Ibru Pictured At Techpoint Inspired Event In Lagos / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iiichidodo: 10:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Scrypt:

They are still very illustrious. Not everyone declares his/her assets publicly in Nigeria. This family have underground investment portfolios that are scattered everywhere that the public know little or nothing about. Unfortunately its a polygamous family and squabbles are always bound to happen since there is always a form of acrimony in families of such structures.
Are you connected to them?!...Bros help us with Elvina Ibru's contacts.Abeg...
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
iiichidodo:
Are you connected to them?!...Bros help us with Elvina Ibru's contacts.Abeg...

Lol! #LipsSealed.....Me sef dey find the contact. grin

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by kay1one(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
#whereisbuhariscertificate!
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iiichidodo: 10:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Scrypt:

Lol! #LipsSealed.....Me sef dey find the contact. grin
Chai...Ojigbijgbijigbi.…Anyways thanx 4 the heads up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
Mancity26:
How wil diz put food on my small centre table?

Keep waiting for someone/something to put food on your table. No go hustle or find work.

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
BasseyJ:
this shit is the reason i think no matter how rich your dad or ma is, every man/woman should hustle to make it on his/her own(like davido does) and not to disgrace yourself struggling for a dead mans property.
The owner isn't dead.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by otokx(m): 11:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
When a man marries his secretary abi house girl what do you expect. Even if there was a will the house girl go rearrange am e.g. Bianca.

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by romzyxy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]how can i open new thread on Nairaland need an advice helpers should contact me on whatsapp for pictorial explanation 08132034880[/size]

dat number ll b useful.
seunwen2:
[size=32pt]how can i open new thread on Nairaland need an advice helpers should contact me on whatsapp for pictorial explanation 08132034880[/size]

dat number ll b useful.
seunwen2:

dat number ll b useful.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by BasseyJ(m): 11:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
blink182:
The owner isn't dead.
thought he was when i read this on the op's post ''
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that while a group led by Mrs Maiden Ibru, widow of LATE Guardian Publisher, Mr Alex Ibru, moved to hold an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EGM), Mr Goodie Ibru, the hotel Chairman, described the purported meeting as null and void. .
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
BasseyJ:

thought he was when i read this on the op's post ''
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that while a group led by Mrs Maiden Ibru, widow of LATE Guardian Publisher, Mr Alex Ibru, moved to hold an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting (EGM), Mr Goodie Ibru, the hotel Chairman, described the purported meeting as null and void. .
Goodie is virtually the owner of that hotel, Alex is the dead Ibru and he was in charge of guardian newspapers. Maiden is fighting a lost battle. Olorogun Michael will be shocked and amazed when he hears of the stunts Maiden is pulling. Their family more or less cut of from home so we could care less or show non at all.

It will be a disaster if the Ibru wealth varnishes before the fourth generation. Michael made money when people had real money- a billionaire had at least 500 people on his payroll and you could see where the money was coming from not the money bags of today who own paper corporations only and rake in billions monthly.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
iiichidodo:
Sad squabblings of a once illustrous family...
That's why once my kids are 15-18... I will inculcate in them the skills of money making, how money works and how they can command it at will. No time for nonsense. Even my popsi house for villa, I don't even know if it exist. I dont see myself as owner of it and the first son is free to do whatever it pleases.

I will start putting 1 + 1 to build mine in no distant future.

2 Likes

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by BasseyJ(m): 11:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
blink182:
Goodie is virtually the owner of that hotel, Alex is the dead Ibru and he was in charge of guardian newspapers. Maiden is fighting a lost battle. Olorogun Michael will be shocked and amazed when he hears of the stunts Maiden is pulling. Their family more or less cut of from home so we could care less or show non at all.

It will be a disaster if the Ibru wealth varnishes before the fourth generation. Michael made money when people had real money- a billionaire had at least 500 people on his payroll and you could see where the money was coming from not the money bags of today who own paper corporations only and rake in billions monthly.
Okay bro, thanks for the clarification, hope whoever really owns it ends up with it, its not easy losing things you suffered to build
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
BasseyJ:

Okay bro, thanks for the clarification, hope whoever really owns it ends up with it, its not easy losing things you suffered to build
True, I hope so too.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iiichidodo: 11:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
2sExy1:
That's why once my kids are 15-18... I will inculcate in them the skills of money making, how money works and how they can command it at will. No time for nonsense. Even my popsi house for villa, I don't even know if it exist. I dont see myself as owner of it and the first son is free to do whatever it pleases.

I will start putting 1 + 1 to build mine in no distant future.
Happy New Year,man.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by TCann(m): 11:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
tellwisdom:
What does ibru mean??

Do you school in France?

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Godskidmidas(m): 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
koligs:
Still waiting anxiously for the day me and Oga seun will fight concerning the ownership of nairaland!!!.
Me too
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Abduletudaye(m): 12:12am On Jan 08, 2015
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 08, 2015
Its not easy for any party in the ibru family to let go for any other. Sheraton breeds in so much money a month! One cant just let go like dat. Its a money breeding empire, mehn... E go hard o...i hope they use wisdom and settle within themselves.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 12:27am On Jan 08, 2015
BasseyJ:
this shit is the reason i think no matter how rich your dad or ma is, every man/woman should hustle to make it on his/her own(like davido does) and not to disgrace yourself struggling for a dead mans property.

The Ibru family is the only legitimate Business dynasty in Nigeria that made their money outside government!
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by ProfyJay(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2015
adrelanine:
[size=30pt]Do you know that the 2015 Gubernatorial election in Sokoto State would be the
most interesting in Nigera? Hon. Tambuwal of APC is contesting against
Ambassador Wali of the PDP. Hon. Tambuwal and Ambassador Wali are from the
same local government area in Sokoto State. Hon. Tambuwal is married to the
younger sister of Ambassador Wali (same father, same mother). When Ambassador
Wali was made Senate Leader in 1999, he brought Hon. Tambuwal to Abuja as his
special Legislative assistant. In 2003, Ambassador Wali practically sponsored the
election that brought Hon. Tambuwal into the House of Reps. When Hon.
Tambuwal became the speaker of the House of Reps, he used his position to
influence the appointment of Ambassador wali as Nigeria's Ambassador to
Morocco. Country people abeg, the question now is, who will Mrs. Tambuwal vote
for? Husband or Brother? She would either be a first lady or first sister.?[/size] grin grin grin

who says if you write in a far lesser font we won't get your message
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Sweatlock(m): 1:45am On Jan 08, 2015
Life ohh life

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by esere826: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2015
umhhhh
strong family bonds are easily broken by wives

1 Like

Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by iamord(m): 6:48am On Jan 08, 2015
BasseyJ:
I don't think you know what your are saying? Even with your own made wealth, this is not a property u just leave behind
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Onegai(f): 6:51am On Jan 08, 2015
Another wonderful side-effect of Polygamy and having kids outside marriage, particularly when the man is wealthy. I've seen too many cases of this: Abiola, Ojukwu, Osagie, Ibru, etc. Infact one prominent Lagosian told me how he would play one party against the other party, haggle the price down of the late man's property and buy it cheaper than its value whilst the 2 sides were still fighting.

When God said "one man, one wife" He didn't say it because He was punishing men.

Once you have assets to give your kids, pass it on to them on their 25th birthday. Tell them "it is your inheritance and you can no longer come back to me for a penny". Let the wife/wives also take their share while you're alove, leave enough for yourself to maintain a healthy lifestyle without working and wash your hands off your kids. Donate your own portion to charity when you die. I know someone who would hand property and N5mil to each child at 27 in those days. Those that managed it well o, those that squandered their own o, he does not look at anyone's face till now. If they come begging, he tells them he has shared his property and they took their portion, so they should ask themselves what they did with it, as he's a poor man.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by LadyPM: 7:20am On Jan 08, 2015
No condition is permanent. Nothing last for ever !
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 08, 2015
iiichidodo:
Happy New Year,man.
same to you bro
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by cluksy(m): 7:48am On Jan 08, 2015
adrelanine:
[size=30pt]Do you know that the 2015 Gubernatorial election in Sokoto State would be the
most interesting in Nigera? Hon. Tambuwal of APC is contesting against
Ambassador Wali of the PDP. Hon. Tambuwal and Ambassador Wali are from the
same local government area in Sokoto State. Hon. Tambuwal is married to the
younger sister of Ambassador Wali (same father, same mother). When Ambassador
Wali was made Senate Leader in 1999, he brought Hon. Tambuwal to Abuja as his
special Legislative assistant. In 2003, Ambassador Wali practically sponsored the
election that brought Hon. Tambuwal into the House of Reps. When Hon.
Tambuwal became the speaker of the House of Reps, he used his position to
influence the appointment of Ambassador wali as Nigeria's Ambassador to
Morocco. Country people abeg, the question now is, who will Mrs. Tambuwal vote
for? Husband or Brother? She would either be a first lady or first sister.?[/size] grin grin grin

#respect. Wali wins
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by Chigold101(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2015
sauceny:
Thatz wat happenz to any extended wealthy family that looses der captain/head/breadwinner.
especially when the head didnt do the needful when he was alive... Polygamy too is bad... Any house where two women live... It always like that...
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:59am On Jan 08, 2015
.news like dis meks me not to acquire assets so that wn i die thr will be no fights.
Re: Ibru Family Fight Over Ownership Of Sheraton Hotels Plc by tefund(m): 9:38am On Jan 08, 2015
they should sell the assets and donate the,proceed to all the motherless babies homes across naija and let every man go hustle him own money..if that does not solve their problems nothing would

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soccer Tips For Pros.. Make That Money Now. / Tony Elumelu's Mother Celebrating Her 90th Birthday In Few Days Time (Photos) / Top 10 Things Nigerians Spend Their Money On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.