Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Fulfilled Dreams - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fulfilled Dreams (56023 Views)

In Search Of Dreams (a Story Of Love And Racism) / Dreams And Nightmares / The Fulfilled Man( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2015
hmm.Faith had ridiculed herself
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
wetin happen Zion
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2015
Na typhoid o. Bt i go try update sha
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Calmdove(f): 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
Take care zion*the lord is ur strength
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Mzbolar(f): 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Take care zion, wish U̶̲̥̅̊ quick recovery....
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Flakkydagirl: 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
Mzbolar:
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Flakkydagirl: 7:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
Oluwasegunfunmi
Mzbolar:
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
It was almost a year now and Lilian whom after taking her waec and its likes, made preparations to go back to her parents. She was glad that she would see them again and better still, Faith was coming home too so that was an opportunity to get answers to her unanswered questions. Though she was happy going back, she was going to miss her aunty.
She left for Lagos as early as possible with the aim of getting to her destination before nightfall.
Lilian arrived at approximately seven pm, then she took a cab home. It was a twenty minutes ride because by 7:22 she was standing in front of the gate. They had no gateman so she just went in. She knocked thrice on the door before she heard the familiar voice of her mother.
"coming" Mrs Dan said as she hurried to go open the door.
"ahaaaaaaaaa" Mrs Dan screamed when she saw who it was"honey honey our daughter is back" she shouted as she helped Lilian carry her bags inside. Mr Dan came rushing to the Parlour.
"daddy!" Lilian screamed as she hugged her father who was more than overjoyed to see her.
"am coming dear. Let me go check the food on the fire"Mrs Dan rushed to the kitchem leaving Lilian alone with her father.
"how was your journey"Mr Dan asked
"not bad. Infact it was good. It was a fifteen hours journey. I left Port by uhm lets say six am...." Lilian rattled on. She was glad to be back home.
Faith was coming back next week so Lilian was the only one at home when Jude called.
Lilian: hello Jude
Jude: sup Lilian. Are u back now?
Lilian: ya. Am in lag now.
Jude: thats great. Well i called to invite you to my birthday party that is coming up on thursday. Hope you will come.
Lilian: of course. Here is way too boring. Where will that be?
Jude: my house.
Lilian: but i dont know your house. Wait! Is Mara coming?
Jude: yeah. You can follow her since you know her house.
Lilian: ok then. No problem.
Jude: ok bye.
The line went dead.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Daughterzion:
Na typhoid o. Bt i go try update sha
sorry my sis take care dear
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
I should commenting from the beginning, but been having some ache on my body, leo part really got my attention the boy aint loyal atall...to the author keep the flame burning
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lilian went online and luckily, Mara was online.
Lilian: hey gf
Mara: xup babe. How was the trip.
Lilian: not bad. Are you going for the party?
Mara:yeah and you?
Lilian: yeah but i dnt knw hs haux.
Mara: we cn go 2geda. Gues wat
Lilian: ur dog dn offload. Na boy or girl?
Mara: girl. And the name na Lilian
Lilian: na twins. The other 1 na Mara. So wats d gist.
Mara: Leo is coming too. Time to meet him again before he goes to U.S for his studies.
Lilian: hes travelling out?
Mara: ya. Jude told me. see ya leta.
Mara went offline.
Lilian was happy, that was an opportunity to see him again.
The whole place was filled when Lilian and Mara arrived. The party was fantastic and more like the one you see on foreign channels. It was subperb. They went inside to greet the celebrant. After that, the came out and were lucky to find three vacantseats in the reception. They sat down as Lilian's eyes frantically searched for her crush. She had almost lost hope when suddenly the gates opened an in came the most beautiful and expensive car she had ever seen. All eyes where on the car as it swerved gallanty to a nearby space. Then the front door opened and out came a handsome man his late thirties. He looked left then right, adjusted his suit, the walked to the other side of the car and opened the door. Lilian gasped as she looked at the next occupant. It was the ever gorgeous,tall light skinned body of Leo. He was more handsome than ever with his jet black hair more coily and his beautiful pink lips. He was more taller now as he walked gallantly inside. All eyes were on him and even the D.J had stopped the music. Leo was just too handsome for a humanbeing.
Lilian and Mara could not talk again until the M.C came to announce the begining of the party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2015
Zion update again,you know you gat to go to school tomorrow sweetheart
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 10:41pm On Jan 18, 2015
10 minutes had passed and Leo was still inside. Lilian excused herself as she got up quietly and went into the house. She wanted to see Leo again and she could not help it. She went to the parlour only to find a group of girls gossipping about the most handsome guy they had just seen. Some guys were there too. She could not go further than that because that was not her house. She turned and was about to head back when she heard that ever sweet voice.
"Lilian?"
she turned back and behold her stood the drop dead gorgeous Leo. Lilian was dazed she could not speak. Even the girls were quiet too.
He came closer. " you came for the party right?" Lilian could not help but notice his British accent as she nodded. The girls were still watching. The guys observing.
"lets go then" he said extending his hands which Lilian was too afraid to take. Leo smiled. He knew he was a long thing but he was not gonna give up. He put his hands over Lilian's shoulder and led her away leaving the girls hallowing in jealousy. Lilian was way shocked to talk. She just followed him foolishly.
Once they were outside, all eyes were on them. Mara was bewildered. Leo didn't care, he was quite used to it. She thought he was going to the reception but he turned right and headed for the pool.
"uhm last time i checked, the reception was that way" Lilian said still shocked. Leo didn't say a word.
Finally they got to the pool. Leo removed his hands from her as he stood beside her.
"you know, i didn't really come here for the party" he started. Lilian looked at him. Then why did he come?
"then why are you here ?" she asked softly
Leo looked at her. His blue eyes meeting hers.
"You"
Lilian stood transfixed. Were her ear drums still intact? She doubted it.
Leo ignored her inability to speak for the meantime "my mum always told love stories about romeo and juliet and its likes. But i never believed such love was real till i met yooouu" Leo looked up. Lilian was speechless. "right from the day i set my eyes on you, i could not stop thinking of you. You were the only one in my mind and you made me restless. I came here cause i knew you would be here. I could not take it anylonger and that was why i came. Lilian....." he looked into Lilian's eyes." ........I love you.....". Now that was the bomb for a tear rolled down Lilian's face. Leo saw it for he brought out his hanky and wiped the tears away..... Then he hugged her.
"i love you too Leo" Lilian whispered.
They would have been like that for long if Lilian's phone did not ring. It was Mara.
"ave got to go now. Take my card, you might find it useful" Leo said as he made his way slowly to his car.
"Bye" Lilian whispered. She was too shocked to speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 19, 2015
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 19, 2015
More battery to ur fone oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
hey gal where are u
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 6:06am On Feb 02, 2015
Ave been on drugs since bt i wl try 2 update dis nite
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 02, 2015
wow!is is that serious
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by codedbaby(f): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
nice work here Zion.

My bosses have all spoken. D9ty7, Flakkydagirl, and the rest. just take to their corrections you see urself going places.

Moreover, more power to ur elbow
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by vonn(f): 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Sorry bout dat Zion

1 Like

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 8:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
It was about 7:19 when Lilian got back home. She was glad to be back because she had not been herself at the party. She kept thinking of Leo who had left after the shocking revelation and she herself was too shock to speak to anyone. Her dad was not back yet and so was her mom. Faith was coming back the next day so that was a relief.
grrriiinnng! That was the alarm clock dancing on top of Lilian's cupboard. It was 7:15 am. Lilian sat up lazily on her bed as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. She looked at her cupboard only to find a card staring at her. She tried to remember what happened but she could not........
"Knock knock" came her mothers voice.
"coming" she went to the door and flung it open. "goodmorning ma" her mum was dressed.
"morning dear. Am late for work. Take this money for lunch cause theres no food. Your sister is on her way back so take care and be a good lady. ok?" Mrs Dan gave her child a peck and hurried outside.
That day was going to be a boring day for her if her sister did not come home on time. She went to the bathroom to shower.
it was 12:37 when Faith came back. Lilian was overjoyed as she helped her sister to her room. She had forgotten what happened. Faith had her bath, then after some chitchat slept off.
***Lilian went back to her room and was about picking her phone when she saw the card again. She picked it."Davidson automobile industry" was printed largely on it. She thought hard to recollect then she did, that was Leo's card! But what was the industry about? She knew not. She dialled the number which was picked on first ring.
"hello" that was Lilian.
"how are you Lilian" Leo asked.
"how did you know am the one?"
"your voice"
"i seeee" not really seeing at all.
"can you come over to my place?" Leo asked.
"what?. Why?" Lilian's eyes popped out
"my mom wants to meet you"his voice was cool "i told her about you"
"what?. I do not unders tand"
"i will explain when you are here ok."
"but i do not know your house"
" i'll send my driver"
"how will he know my house?"
"i know your house. Jude made sure i knew it. So i will direct the driver ok." he drooped the call leaving Lilian confused.
In less than ten minutes, she heard the sound of a car horn. She looked out through the window to see an extraordinary beautiful car neatly packed with a man resting by the car door arms akimbo and leg crossed. She looked him closely.it was the same man that had driven Leo to the party!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ouch
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
really need more zion
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 9:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
***Lilian rushed to her wardrobe. What would she wear? She did not know. This was impromptu. She ransacked her outing clothes till she found a long sleeveless red gown which she matched with a black purse and shoe. She went to the mirror where she applied a little makeup then took her cellphone,hanky and a little amount of money and half ran outside to meet the man waiting patiently.
"am sorry am late sir you see..."
"no problem. My master informed me you would be"the man cut her short as he opened the front door. Lilian was suprised at his good command of english.
7 minutes later,the jeep swerved right and stopped in front a magnificient goldencoloured gate as the driver blew the horn. Soon a middle aged man opened the gates and there stood that house.
Lilian had seen fancy houses and expensive foreign houses on tv but none could be compared to what she saw now. She gasped as she imagined how its interior would be, Heavenly ofcourse and she was not dissapointed for as the driver led her inside. It was beyond her imaginations. Its ceiling was higher than normal with drapes running right fron the top to the floor. In the middle of the parlour was a large round white table. Larger than neccessary because the sittingroom was way to big.
"wait here. I'll go call master" he let her to a large sofa which when she sat, seemed to be viceversa.
Few minutes later Leo came coming down a flight of stairs. Hands in pockets as usual. He was not smiling as his face was expressionless. He wore a purple gucci shirt with white pair of trousers. He walked towards Lilian who as usual held her breath and sat a little apart from her but on the same sofa. He did not say a word but took his ipad out and started operating. Like 2 minutes later, Lilian heard footsteps she turned to see an elderly beautiful woman who seemed to be Leo's mum coming down. She stood up as the woman came towards her. Leo didnt bulge.
"good day ma" she greeted.
"how are you child?" the woman said as she sat on a sofa opposite Lilian. She also had a british accent.
"am fine ma" Lilian smiled. Leo had not look up.
"you Lilian right?"
"yes ma."
"i see. So who is he to you?"the woman stared at Lilian hard.
" uhm ma"Lilian shifted uneasily, she had not expected that"we are just friends ma". Leo looked up as if an ant stung him and looked directly at Lilian as if she had made a big mistake. Lilian shook. The woman smiled.
"seems like you are more than that"she said. Lilian was confused. She kept mute"nice meeting you Lilian just wanted to know you in person cause of the way he speaks about you. There something about you. You are honest. Keep it up dear" Mrs David stood up and turned to Leo "tell Mr. Gerald to drop her.
"dont worry mum i will. I think we have something to discuss" he walked away with Lilian following him closely. Did she say anything wrong? Well she was going to find out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
Pls i nid ur comments and critism o. Biko abeg at least fr support
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 07, 2015
you have to make us find out now
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by toykathy(f): 11:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
I tink Leo is too cold to d lady he claims to love. He shud atleast welcome Lillian bn her first tym in his home. U re doing great dearie.
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by harjibolar10(m): 11:20am On Feb 08, 2015
You know still haven't convince me that this Leo of a thing love Lillian...
Cos, how can someone be so cold to the on3btheg are claiming to have a feeling for? Not ev3n a welcome, I doubt the love o

Anyways, I still dey here watching as the story as it's unfolding o....

Keep em coming
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Daughterzion(f): 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
The car was silent for about three minutes before Leo instead of turning left went right and the stopped the car but made no movement. Lilian stared at him confused. He did not look at her but stared absentmindedly at the front glass. Then he spoke.
"Lilian do you really love me?"
"uhm ya.... .i... do."Lilian stammered. She was breathing fast.
"are you sure about that?"he looked at her this time.
"Leo i love you" Lilian said not looking at him.
"hmm since you love can you do me a favour by been my gurlfriend?"he stared at her hard with his blue eyes that made ladies fall in love with him.
Lilian shook figorously as rubbed her eyes. Was this a dream?
"i asked a question Lilian" this time he put his right hand ontop of Lilians hand as he looked at her searchingly.
"...i...i...do..n..t.....kn...ow....what....what to say"Lilian stammered.
"then just say yes" Leo replied. Lilian looked at him and he smiled. That was a charming smile and Leo knew its effect.
"i'll" Lilian blurted out without knowing it.
Leo smiled again. He had fufilled his heart desire."I love you Lilian. More than you can ever imagine". He searched his pockets and brought a pendant out.
Lilian looked at him.
"this was my most treachured gift ever since i was a kid given to me by my grandma. I seal my love for you with it and wish you never let it go" he put the piece of jewellry around Lilian's neck. Lilian looked at it. It was soo beautiful. She looked at Leo and a tear ran out which Leo cleaned with the back of his hand.
"now lets head to your house. Your mum might need your help now". He drove off.
Faith was still asleep when she got home. After removing her clothes, she took her schedule note book out. She was going to see her cousin in 5 days time which was on a friday. Her phone rang. It was Jude.
"sup Jude how far"
"not bad and you?"
"great"
"how is Mara?"
"you mean your wife?"
"of course. Are you jealous?"
"why should i?"
"ok o. Just called to say hi and thank you for coming. Her phone is off so greet her ok?"
"ok no p"
"ok dear. Bye" he cut the call.
Lilian went to sleep. That was the best day in her life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 08, 2015
huh carry on girl,so nice
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by harjibolar10(m): 12:58am On Feb 09, 2015
I reverse my comment o
While I do that, you keep em coming
Re: Fulfilled Dreams by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 09, 2015
I hope their relationship last longer cause I haven't seen the kind of feelings leo trying to give

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How I Lost A 150k Per Month Job because of a Cockroach !!! / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.