Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths (18150 Views)

Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Crisis Brews In Edo As Benin, Ijaw Youths Flaunt Placards Claiming Gelegele (pic / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Rexsul: 3:33pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ijaw youths on Wednesday dismissed the endorsement of the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, by the Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), describing it as inconsequential.

The youths under the aegis of Ijaw Youths Council (IYC), Worldwide, said Buhari’s adoption by a non-existent group was of no electoral value.

The group in a statement signed by its Spokesperson, Mr. Eric Omare, said MEND was an empty organisation since it was disbanded after its members and former agitators accepted amnesty.

Omare said all the ex-agitators from the region were behind the reelection of President Goodluck Jonathan.

The statement said, “The adoption of Gen. Buhari by the present MEND is inconsequential and of no electoral value as election is won by votes cast by physical and verifiable human beings.

“The real Niger-Delta freedom fighters are in support of President Jonathan’s second term ambition as demonstrated in the massive rally they held in his support at Uyo, Akwa-Ibom State in November 2014 under the leadership of Alhaji Asari Dokubo, Pastor Reuben and others.

“Furthermore, the Niger-Delta people are solidly behind President Jonathan’s re-election bid as we believe that he has performed creditably during his first term and deserves a second term in office.

“The injustice against the people of the Niger-Delta which led to the agitation was foisted on them through the successive administration of people from the born to rule clan of Gen. Buhari.

“Hence, it is a contradiction for the so called MEND which claimed to be fighting for the Niger-Delta region to adopt the continuation of the injustice against the Niger-Delta region.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/mends-adoption-buhari-inconsequential-ijaw-youths/

13 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Rexsul: 3:37pm On Jan 07, 2015
Now ds is getn interestn grin grin

Nevadless Sai Buhari!

Edited
Hmmmmmm.....@ last my topic made front page since 2013. plzzz help me celebr8 ds achievment by givn me 1000 likes cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by cyprus000: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
Watching on 3D has the war escalate
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by rozayx5(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
i said it, that they will refute it today

door to door campaign refuted theirs too, hope the mods take this to frontpage and stop sellling lies to the public

transformers till 2019

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by temitemi1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hope they have nt started banking on such empty promises grin grin grin... The real body is now supproting our man grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by meracool(m): 3:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
GMB The Man For the Job.

17 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by rozayx5(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
temitemi1:
Hope they have nt started banking on such empty promises grin grin grin... The real body is now supproting our man grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!

anybody can send an email and claim to jomo gbomo, so i dont believe such news that mEND endorsed the terrorist

11 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
So it's true afterall? grin
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
MEND is now a disbanded group because they endorsed Buhari? I can see how pained they are.

Boko haram should please endorse Jonathan make we hear word. grin

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Dosinspector(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
When the time comes we would show them who da boss is

6 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by hazyfm1: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
HERE TO READ SENSIBLE COMMENTS
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by donphilopus: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
rozayx5:
i said it, that they will refute it today

door to door campaign refuted theirs too, hope the mods take this to frontpage and stop sellling lies to the public

They never refuted it. They only said the endorsement is inconsequential. Is there no difference between IYC and MEND?! Guy, stop consoling yourself, your boss is on his way to his networkless village.

@IYC, I guess it would have been consequential if they had endorsed Jonathan! Hypocrisy.

29 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by natureblack(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Buhari is desperate .........there is non as dangerous as the desperate.

Buhari's victory in this forth coming election will coincide with a camel passing through the eye of a needle.

A regular guest is not always welcome

5 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by GEJfan1: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
grin gej see ur life cry . Why e come b say na ppl abroad dey refute d claim of d mend wey dey for house. Yeye dey smell. Feel d wind of change. Sai Buhari

26 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by damola311: 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Issokay
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by kingstylo01(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
this is getting interesting. anyway, valentine's day will decide.

1 Like

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Prowizy2(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
MEND. I didn't even take them serious when I first saw the news, because they no longer exist.

Long live IYC
Long live Ijaw Nation
Long live South South
GEJ till 2019!!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by datguru: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
Waste of time
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by lilmax(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
I don't understand
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
propanganda in pdp grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by siraj1402(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
Let's hear from MEND
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by sexaddict08(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
ok....they're not in support of change.... they like the way things are.
i guess they are nt experiencing hardship like some of us.

2 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by stinggy(m): 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
The train is moving..

Choose wisely my people. We voted based on sentiments in 2011. This time around, we must get it right!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by fitzmayowa: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
This is the season of endorsement and propaganda...The propaganda keeps getting interesting everyday...

I was expecting this and i wasn't disappointed...

1 Like

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Project400: 5:04pm On Jan 07, 2015
Interesting
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by rattlesnake(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
ijaw youth business center undecided

2 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by Emytexboy(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
FTC
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by courage54(m): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2015
The endorsement by MEND is inconsequential but you were so pained to hold a press conference to address the issue.

Nigeria will be great again if only we can reason together and join the train to salvage our dear Nation from this Govt of LOOTOCRACY where stealing is not corruption. God Bless Nigeria.

My conscience won't just permit me to vote for Jonathan who has a six years opportunity to create a change but went viral into cluelessness. A president who can not bring the sponsors of Boko-Haram who he claims are in his government to book.

The time for change is now

Vote BUHARI for President

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta

Muhammadu Buhari is the answer.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by wise7(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
alrite
Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by rozayx5(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
illiterate hari cannot rule us

transformers till 2019 grin

8 Likes

Re: MEND’s Adoption Of Buhari Inconsequential – Ijaw Youths by bendeco(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
GEJ Till Buhari convert to christian...

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff Welcomes Jonathan’s Intervention / Saraki Appoints Doyin Okupe Chairman Of Campaign Media Council / Niger College Blast Killed Only Suicide Bomber — Gov. Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.