Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) (7487 Views)

Buhari Conferred With Equatorial Guinea's Highest National Honour / Senate Rejects National Conference / Femi Gbajabiamila Rejects National Honour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by netotse(m): 12:42am On Dec 20, 2008
woteva anyone wants to say sha the point is that gani did something worth emulating, i jst hope i hv the courage to do sturvs like this if the need arises in future.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by jlag(f): 8:19pm On Dec 20, 2008
i think its clear and understandable why he has refused the honour.I thot the word honour had died in his country so where does national honour come in?we are so unpatriotic in this nation may God hlp us.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by CrudeOil2(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2008
Quote:
(a) Series of detentions in several prisons across Nigeria, notably Ikoyi Prison (three times), Kaduna Prison, Gombe Prison, Gasua Prison, Kuje Prison (two times), Bauchi Prison, etc, etc;
(b) Twenty three police detentions between 1969 and 1998 at Police Headquarters, Kaduna, Jos Police Station, Ilorin Police Station, Police Headquarters. Lagos, C.I.D., Alagbon, Lagos,‘ Inter-Centre Detention Outpost, Lagos, Ikoyi Police Station, Panti Police Station, Lagos, Police Station, Wuse, Abuja, Police Station, Ikeja, Police Headquarters, Abuja, etc.;
(c) ‘Arrested 32 times between 1969 and 1998 which led to the series of detentions and trials;
(d) My chambers (Gani Fawehinmi Chambers) at Anthony Village, Lagos was, attacked- by security men under, various governments 16 times, culminating in the attack on Friday, August 26, 1994 when security men under Gen. Sani Abacha regime at 4am turned my Chambers into a pool of blood;
(e) Thousands of copies of my books, notably on the murder of Dele Giwa, were forcibly removed and seized by security agents under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida regime and despite court orders to return my books, the military government at that time refused to obey the court orders;
(f) My international passport was seized more than 15 times between 1966 and 1998;
(g) I was charged to court 18 times for politically-motivated criminal offences including treason and I was jailed once and became prisoner J60 before my imprisonment was terminated by the Court of Appeal.

This man has been through sh1t.
What he did is commendable, but like a poster siad, Gani was an ardent critic of the past government and its programmes especially the EFCC which he alleged was used as witch hunting tool to intimidate political rivals. He was a constant Ribadu critic. So his sudden love and romance with Ribadu seems to baffle me.
Anyway, he did a good job.

BRAVO CHIEF GANI.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by Olaolufred(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2008
A HONOUR CAN ONLY BE RELEVANT WHEN IT COMES AS A MARK OF RECOGNITION FOR EXCELLENCE.

HOWEVER, IN PDP(POEPLE DESTROYING PEOPLE), IT IS A WAY OF COMPESATING ELECTION RIGGERS.

THE FEW OTHERS WHO AREN'T  POLITIAN ARE INCLUDED TO CORNER THEM INTO THE CIRCUS OF THEIR CORRUPTION.

IMAGINE INVITING THE "OFR" AWARDEES TO ABUJA, AND A HE-GOAT APPEARED AS AN AWARDEE.

CAN YOU STILL VALUE SUCH AWARD?

MOST WHO HAD GOTTEN THE AWARD ARE FAR BACKWARD WHEN COMPARED TO ACHEBE AND FAWEHINMI.

BRAVO TO A MAN OF COURAGE. THESE ARE THE REVOLUTIONAIRES OF OUR OWN GENERATION.

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by bettes(f): 2:07am On Dec 24, 2008
I still stand by what i said earlier,the fact that Gani rejected an award does not make him honorary to me(my personal opinion),there are people like Akunyili,that whether they recieve or reject awards will always be regarded as heroins to me,who knew that a regulatory body like Nafdac existed before she became DG (i didnt know).
I particularly lost a little respect for Gani when he represented Dele Giwa's family at the Oputa panel and he came with Dele Giwa's picture and started weeping as if Dele Giwa died in his arms,too much theartrics.

And those posters that claimed that Gani did not criticise EFFCC during Ribadu's reign,should go and look for 2005 papers before they start arguing with authority.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by depapa06(m): 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
Chief Gani Fawehinmi is indeed a very principle man.The country needs more Ganis.I wish you long life and good health.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by toskom(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2008
if there is anyone in this that is consistent and resilient on matters of intergrity, it is chief Gani Fawehinmi. We are blessed to have such a man in this country. Gani has been consistent on his stands on national issues. This time again, i say Araoooooooooo, to this great man. let nigerian leaders learn to do the right things. We can make this country work, all we need is our senses back.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by PurestBoy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2008
Dora should emulate Gani by rejecting her ministerial appointment before she soils her good name.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by PiMpjUiCe1: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2008
bettes:

I still stand by what i said earlier,the fact that Gani rejected an award does not make him honorary to me(my personal opinion),there are people like Akunyili,that whether they recieve or reject awards will always be regarded as heroins to me,who knew that a regulatory body like Nafdac existed before she became DG (i didnt know).
I particularly lost a little respect for Gani when he represented Dele Giwa's family at the Oputa panel and he came with Dele Giwa's picture and started weeping as if Dele Giwa died in his arms,too much theartrics.

And those posters that claimed that Gani did not criticise EFFCC during Ribadu's reign,should go and look for 2005 papers before they start arguing with authority.

enuff of lame talks pls, cos gani criticized ribadu dont mean he hates ribadu, cos i beat ma son for erring dont mean its ok for every1 to have a go at him, and what do u know about loyalty? that gani shed tears at oputa tells a lot, dele giwa's death is sth thats still hurting the man, if u care to know, they were comrades. they done been thro stuffs together, that u didnt knnow about nafdac be4 dora shows where u coming from. maybe it not even worth replying to ur post sef,
well, like u said, its just ur opinion and u sure have ur right to it, so enjoy it,
OBAJO WAS BAD BUT RIBADU MAKES ME MISS HIM LIKE MAD
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by afosam: 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2009
grin o well,,, It is a touching profile, the one of Chief Gani Fawehinmi, really that is a life money people who had wealth would not want to live, as in a life of detention assault and treatng of Life, and all that he did really sacrifice more than just mere somthg, as for Nuhu Ribadu Chief Gani said he did'nt do it for any gain, that is the only thing i don't know if sincerely, he was not political while in the office as in, no trace of any thing whatsoever in terms of curruption, money or property he acquire for himself because judgement without proper knowledge many a tms is what we do, is beter to get to know the facts if, actually he was honest not touching any thing while in office, then, we the nigerian people suppose to carry our banner and protest, BUT may we should wait and get our findings right before we agree that he was a just man or NOT.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by Wumine(f): 10:50am On Jan 07, 2009
Accepting the National Honour amongst other things, mean he has agreed that Yar'adua won the election legally. they are only trying to bride him.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by Jcargo(m): 1:00am On Jan 10, 2009
Gani Fawehinmi God bless you Sir , They all thiefs in that country , what is OFR , OLE,  FOOLS AND ROBBERY   MAY YOU LIVE LONG SIR .
Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by domire(f): 1:26pm On Jan 14, 2009
NIGERIANS TOO LIKE POSITION PRESIDENT FISH SELLERS ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION OF SHORT PPLE, MAD PPLE ASSOCIATION ETCTHE NO OF ASSOCIATIONS ARE INCREASING because EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE CALLED PRESIDENT OF ANYTHING.
THERE IS NO BIG DEAL IF HE REFUSES OR ACCEPTS THE HONOUR. AFTERALL THOSE DAT AV RECEIVED WE NO SEE ANYTHING WEY DEM DO

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by adesecone(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2009
yes it is no news that we have people rejecting national honors but i think the journalists are trying to make news from gani. but if gani rejects national award as it now become a news worthy issue for every tom dick and harry newspaper to publish,

Re: Gani Fawehinmi Rejects National Honour (OFR) by adesecone(m): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
that gani reject award is nothing news worthy at all. the journalist shud concentrate on something else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Tanker Accident At Lagos/Ibadan Expressway. 5 Killed / 'you Are Blessed To Be White'-victoria Pepple of STV To 'white Nigerian' / Alleged N600m Fraud Trial: Lagos Speaker, Ikuforiji, Knows Fate July 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.