Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,048 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? (8160 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies Moments After Announcing His Wife's Death On Facebook. Photo / Man Catches Driver Having Sex With His Wife On Matrimonial Bed In Ogun State / Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by jhidey08(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
This arguement ensued between me and some of my friends yesterday about a husband raping his wife. NLs, is there anything lyk a husband raping his wife? Is it constitutionally right or wrong? Please kindly share your knowledge by shedding more light to this. Őňĕ łõvĕ
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by kingstylo01(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
present
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2015
...in some jurisdictions a man can legally be charged with raping his wife.

Personally, I don't believe that should be the case. The marital union is a conjugal one. If anything, he could be charged with GBH if he forces and/or injures her.

And from a Christian perspective her body is now his - as his is hers. But note, that as being one flesh with her, to hurt his wife is to hate himself - who hates his own flesh?

So, no, I personally don't believe a man can "rape" his wife, but he shouldn't in anyway force or brutalise her.

TV
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:
...in some jurisdictions a man can legally be charged with raping his wife.

Personally, I don't believe that should be the case. The marital union is a conjugal one. If anything, he could be charged with GBH if he forces and/or injures her.

And from a Christian perspective her body is now his - as his is hers. But note, that as being one flesh with her, to hurt his wife is to hate himself - who hates his own flesh?

So, no, I personally don't believe a man can "rape" his wife, but he shouldn't in anyway force or brutalise her.

TV

And what if he does?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

And what if he does?
Please re-read- carefully. Are you considering marriage? grin!

TV
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

Please re-read- carefully. Are you considering marriage? grin!

TV

I have. What if he forces her to have s*ex with him without hurting her?
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I have. What if he forces her to have s*ex with him without hurting her?
Please re-read- carefully. Are you considering marriage grin?

TV
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

Please re-read- carefully. Are you considering marriage grin?

TV

Of course not, I am not insane. grin
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by zeb04(f): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
Lol
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 5:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Of course not, I am not insane. grin
You dey fear huh. Or have you given up on Manuel grin!

TV

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

You dey fear huh. Or have you given up on Manuel grin!

TV

Fear to end up like MOST married people, in boring captivity. grin

I am still faithful to Manuel. wink
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by adanduka: 6:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
No. Except they're no longer married.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Chizzy20(f): 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
it sounds funny.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2015
Same question every 3days.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by winsome5(f): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
cococandy:

Let it be the same question every day as long as there are still people who claim that there is no such a thing as rape in a marriage.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Let it be the same question every day as long as there are still people who claim that there is no such a thing as rape in a marriage.
but they won't learn from the answers. It is more like they come back every so often to know if there is a change in status quo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
cococandy:
but they won't learn from the answers. It is more like they come back every so often to know if there is a change in status quo cheesy

Some people do actually learn, we just need to be patient. The first step is to raise awareness. wink

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Some people do actually learn, we just need to be patient. The first step is to raise awareness. wink

Good luck and Godspeed

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by lilmax(m): 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2015
Boring
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
cococandy:

I tire.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sophyrocks:

I tire.

Please don't. There is still a lot of work to be done. wink

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by jhidey08(m): 6:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
cococandy:
u're already angry sista? 4giv us na, nt every1 comes to Nairaland everyday na, if u dunno sumtin u ask, dat's hw u learn.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by coogar: 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
jhidey08:
This arguement ensued between me and some of my friends yesterday about a husband raping his wife. NLs, is there anything lyk a husband raping his wife? Is it constitutionally right or wrong? Please kindly share your knowledge by shedding more light to this. Őňĕ łõvĕ

yes, there is.
if your wife doesn't want your penïs in her, find another woman to shäg. no responsible man should force himself on a woman. you disgrace manhood when you do such.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Please don't. There is still a lot of work to be done. wink

Lol. Its funny how you see this from a positive angle though.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Lol. Its funny how you see this from a positive angle though.

I believe in the law of attraction. smiley You attract what you send out, so stay positive. wink

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

I believe in the law of attraction. smiley You attract what you send out, so stay positive. wink

True. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

If a man and his wife both drink, subsequently have intercourse and then fall asleep, if she awakens after the fact and cannot remember consenting to the act, he has technically raped her and can be charged.

This is even if they both drunk to stupor and neither can remember anything, and even if she does not claim to have been raped.

Are you satisfies that he has indeed raped her and should be charged and prosecuted?

TV
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

If a man and his wife both drink, subsequently have intercourse and then fall asleep, if she awakens after the fact and cannot remember consenting to the act, he has technically raped her and can be charged.

Says who?

She cannot remember consenting but she can remember that she was raped?

This is even if they both drunk to stupor and neither can remember anything, and even if she does not claim to have been raped.

Are you satisfies that he has indeed raped her and should be charged and prosecuted?

TV

I don't agree that she has been raped just because she does not remember consenting. If she doesn't remember consenting, she also cannot remember saying no, right? So a rape cannot be proven.

Anyone who drinks to the point that he / she does not remember what he / she did, should not drink. Alcohol is not an excuse.
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by coogar: 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

TV

if she feels she has been räped and she calls the cops then the husband deserves to be charged and prosecuted. everything is about the perception of the victim.

i get where you are coming from though - but my definition of marital räpe would be a situation where a husband violently räpes his wife - not the other technicalities involved i.e. consent!
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by TV01(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Says who?

She cannot remember consenting but she can remember that she was raped?

I don't agree that she has been raped just because she does not remember consenting. If she doesn't remember consenting, she also cannot remember saying no, right? So a rape cannot be proven.

Anyone who drinks to the point that he / she does not remember what he / she did, should not drink. Alcohol is not an excuse.

The wording of rape laws - and the push - in the West (certainly UK and the US, and I would have thought Deutscheland), mean that where a women is deemed incapable of giving consent (as in when drunk), if intercourse has taken place, she has effectively been raped. Informed consent is the sole determinant.

Charges can be brought even if the "victim" does not allege rape - and the man being equally drunk is no defense, as the wording also deems sex and thus rape to be something men do to women.

The whole notion of rape has become politicised and ideologically weighted.

It would be good if you grasped the nuances of what you are pushing - your response to my question casts doubt or at least makes me wonder.

TV
Re: Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
TV01:

The wording of rape laws - and the push - in the West (certainly UK and the US, and I would have thought Deutscheland), mean that where a women is deemed incapable of giving consent (as in when drunk), if intercourse has taken place, she has effectively been raped. Informed consent is the sole determinant.

Charges can be brought even if the "victim" does not allege rape - and the man being equally drunk is no defense, as the wording also deems sex and thus rape to be something men do to women.

The whole notion of rape has become politicised and ideologically weighted.

It would be good if you grasped the nuances of what you are pushing - your response to my question casts doubt or at least makes me wonder.

TV

What I stand for is EQUALITY, FREEDOM (unless is does not hurt others), and RESPONSIBILITY.

The scenario you have described has nothing to do with equality and responsibility.

I have never heard of a case in which a man has been charged with rape because he slept with a drunk woman in Deutschland and she either has forgotten to have consented or the authorities decided to pursue him just because she decided to get drunk.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! My Newly-wedded Husband Is Sleeping With Another Man's Wife. / Need Some Tip For A Surprise Birthday For My Husband 40th Birthday / We Need 1000 People To Help A Nairalander In Need With N1,000 Each!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.