Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria (24098 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Unilorin: Less Than 11,000 to Gain Admission Out Of 103,238 Applicants / These Courses Are Difficult To Have First-class In. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Kingsley121(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2015
Nice thread, this is to all aspiring undergraduates of various tertiary institutions,when u find out that the same dept u've been applying for years is so competitive, why not switch to a less competitive course and get the admission. Medicine and surgery is a very good course to study, but imagine in my school UNN where over 9000 candidates applied for the course last year and the school won't admit more than 200 candidates,so the probability of getting that admission is very low. To God be the glory I'm an engineering student. For those seeking for admission into engineering in UNN, last year, no student applied for metallurgical and materials engineering(MME) in UNN, so everyone that got that admission(myself inclusive) was through their supplementary. So to cut the long story short, if u must go to a federal university,inquire from undergraduates of ur school of choice and dept of choice about ur most preferred choice of course, it goes a long way in making u know what u're in for and what the dept expects of U. But first things first, make ur 200 and above in UTME

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by youngvizzy1(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2015
Japhet04:
what is the meaning of IJN pls
In Jesus Name (IJN) grin
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2015
youngvizzy1:
In Jesus Name (IJN) grin
thanks smiley
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by youngvizzy1(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2015
Japhet04:
thanks smiley
smiley
Japhet04:
thanks smiley
welcome smiley
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 14, 2017
Kingsley121:
Nice thread, this is to all aspiring undergraduates of various tertiary institutions,when u find out that the same dept u've been applying for years is so competitive, why not switch to a less competitive course and get the admission. Medicine and surgery is a very good course to study, but imagine in my school UNN where over 9000 candidates applied for the course last year and the school won't admit more than 200 candidates,so the probability of getting that admission is very low. To God be the glory I'm an engineering student. For those seeking for admission into engineering in UNN, last year, no student applied for metallurgical and materials engineering(MME) in UNN, so everyone that got that admission(myself inclusive) was through their supplementary. So to cut the long story short, if u must go to a federal university,inquire from undergraduates of ur school of choice and dept of choice about ur most preferred choice of course, it goes a long way in making u know what u're in for and what the dept expects of U. But first things first, make ur 200 and above in UTME
hello bro pls, with a JAMB score of 263 and five c6's at Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, Economics and Technical drawing. Is Electrical enengineering possible at UNN? Is the course very competitive?
Re: Reasons Why Young Nigerians Find It Difficult To Gain Admission In Nigeria by Kingsley121(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2017
durentchigozie:
hello bro pls, with a JAMB score of 263 and five c6's at Maths, English, Chemistry, Physics, Economics and Technical drawing. Is Electrical enengineering possible at UNN? Is the course very competitive?
It's not to competitive, let's just say u could be battling with 50 students for a slot(i.e students that applied for the department, most times don't exceed 1000) but u'd have had a perfect chance of gaining admission save for ur O'levels. But let's say u have a 60 percent chance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NANS Treasurer, Chinyelu Okolie Marks Birthday Amidst Loads Of Felicitations / Four Productive Things You Can Invest Your Time In As An Undergraduate / Things A Fresher Should Know Before Resuming In A Tertiary Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.