Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos (50786 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (Video) / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bewizle(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
After listening 2 GEJ, I now believe d youths do have hope 4 d future...we can't keep recycling an elite class dat is practically expired in terms of innovation in a dynamic world...say no 2 slavery.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by tolababa(m): 8:30am On Jan 09, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
#my_bad!
I thot u weren't clueless

Advice from me to you; present your issues and let us trash it out and not abusive like your GEJ. You ask for his WAEC cert I told it is with NMTC as a patrotic nigerian you should explore the FOI act and ask NMTC

Ire ooo
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by fishbone11(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2015
teemanbastos:
I cee u'v bkum a daft person just like ur Head, mr Jonathan.
Fool, is that how to write.Can u just read what u wrote..."Orue"
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2015
agabaI23:
I hope you read your post before hitting submit because it seems it contradicted yourself. One, you have seen why he is clueless and have give APC points to campaign with and you said later," this is where this man ruined his campaign meaning he did well all along until then. I bet you didn't realise the damage done to your initial statement by your concluding remark.

Unfortunately you chose to believe the testimony of a criminal and a gunrunner who will say anything over your presidents word.....hmmmm

You need to put on your thinking cap before you will be able to understand what i typed up there, All his campaign speech can be use against most especially the area of MEND where he counter himself and people will now regard him as a foolish man who talk from both side of his mouth. How could someone who said in 2010 that MEND are is brother and could not be behind the October 1st 2010 bombing and today he said they are easy enemy and was paid to assassinate him without thinking of what he has said in the past.....

Like Fashola if the kitchen is too hot for you, Get out of the kitchen.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 8:53am On Jan 09, 2015
hansad:
Not one statement can be faulted. Brilliant indeed.
hahaha alot of his Statements there Can be faulted and if you ready bring them on one after the other.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2015
maxtamazin:

I tried to read your jargon but it make no sense. State why you are voting for Buhari and what are his achievements? Am an independent voter and all hear about APC is insult all the time. I don't mind if Jonathan is voted out but am yet to be convinced that Buhari can do anything either. He said he built schools, e wallet programme, You win, Lagos ibadan express way, train e.t.c. pls name any president in history of Nigeria who has done half of what GEJ has done, OBJ wasted 8yrs with no achievement.
There are millions of independent minded Nigerians who will vote for him in February cause there is no alternative. APC is losing the chance to grab power by playing old dirty politics.
Just take this and think about it. What happened to the oil subsidy report? What is the level of unemployment among youths today? What is the state of EFCC & ICPC today? Where is the 2nd Niger bridge which GEJ vowed he would complete before 2015? Do you know that most youths are just looking for a way to travel out of this country to live? Do you know that people share testimony of how god enabled them to obtain visas to foreign countries in church? What is the state of the health sector in Nigeria? etc
Do you then still think the status quo should continue? No, i know it should not continue. Let us go beyond empty rhetorics written for a clueless president by oxford trained deceivers of the masses. Its is not APC that could lose this election, it is the masses that will lose another 4 years of their lives to institutional corruption. Vote Buhari/Osinbajo, vote CHANGE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Promisessss(m): 8:57am On Jan 09, 2015
I love this man,Mr president may God in his mercy continue to protect you sir. mean why Jonathan till 2019
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 8:58am On Jan 09, 2015
legendsilver:
If what the president said yesterday has any iota of truth, then he deserves to be re-elected but after I critically analyzed his speech, it was reviewed that the clueless one will for ever remain clueless.
To all PDP here, kindly answer the following questions?
1) The women that GEJ brought to power, have they helped the growth of Nigerians or the growth of their pockets?
2) Is America, Sudan, Egypt, Syria and other countries fighting today using riffles of 1983?
3) How many youth in Nigeria today is a minister?
4) Why didn't the clueless one included fuel subsidy as part of his achievements, Or that one no join achievements?
5) Can Military president be compared to civilian government?
6) Why didn't he mention the IMMIGRATION job scam that killed many Nigerians as part of his achievements?
7) Show me a country that has no prisons and I will show you a country where corruption walks on the street day and night.
I see that the clueless one is scared already to face what looms in wait for him.
Sai #Buhari come #feBuhari, let's flush away the termite that eats away the foundation of Nigeria built by our forefathers.
My brother you are on point, and don't worry he wont mention subsidy scam/protest that caused lost of lives, Immigration scam they caused teh death of graduates.. Missing billions, Stealing is no corruption, If the money is missing America will know cos its their money... Dont worry if them born am well make him attend live debates and he will be forced to answer all this and many more..

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Oduduwaboy(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2015
bewizle:
After listening 2 GEJ, I now believe d youths do have hope 4 d future...we can't keep recycling an elite class dat is practically expired in terms of innovation in a dynamic world...say no 2 slavery.
Do you know how rich GEJ and his wife have become all within a space of 12 years of providence ? Buhari has been within the ruling class of Nigeria over 30 years...yet he has no ill-gotten wealth to show for it. I will rather vote a man who can be trusted with our national purse than our whose wife is hopelessly corrupt and arrogant.
We shall vote Buhari!!!!
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by PentiumPro(f): 9:06am On Jan 09, 2015
Meanwhile, somewhere in Lagos last night.

Ijo yoyo,

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Locapito(m): 9:07am On Jan 09, 2015
Vikky014:
May God govern your life the way GMB governed dis country years back AMEN!!! May dis years post election violence by buhari's supporters consume you AMEN And to your prayer i say a big AMEN to that!!!am sure you dont even know the name of ur LGA chairman not to tlk of his cabinets
can u hear urself? "may dis YEARS POST ELECTION VIOLENCE" I wonder the kind of man that will keep u at home with all ur grammatical blunders and decaying in memory. Better go back to secondary school or look for one adult education centre and learn more of English language. No need to even join issue with u since u re also clueless.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2015
Hahaha, GEJ telling us about universities even when some of us(youth) are still suffering from the shock of the just concluded ASUU strike as well as the demise of a prominent ASUU staff.

let's just say that's one of the way his government affected my future as well as several other youth's.

my school fee palava is there, government ain't paying their workers, my school fee ain't coming. maybe that's how to show concern about youths.

elder brother graduated for long, with a very good results, no job. concerns of every youth.

I don't know if buhari will deal with this issues of education and unemployments, I'm not convinced Jonathan can do or effect any change on it after six(6) straight years as anybody on nairaland would see it.

I regret not voting come February, I only hope my problems as respect to gej administration affects other eligible youths come election day as well.

I'm not saying gej hasn't done anything or gmb has done everything, I'm saying that surfacing some institutions without facilities to help during your manifestos is like deceiving some educated Nigerian youth.

we got universities with no money to send our children to study in them, poor facilities to train the students, no job opportunity after graduations.

At least he tried in infrastructures surfacially, to help his manifestos, we need working infrastructures and not just infrastructures.

Vote wisely
gej
gmb.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by billgatexp(m): 9:17am On Jan 09, 2015
kindnyce:
Senseless speech...
The university u built is nothing but a glorified sec sch...

Present univs are underfunded,so what are u yapping about?

Sai Buhari

How many did ur buhari build? Blind fools
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by teemanbastos(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
fishbone11:

Fool, is that how to write.Can u just read what u wrote..."Orue"
Mr. fishbone ,join the winninq team..!!
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by lonelydora: 9:31am On Jan 09, 2015
Faraidi:
is it today all this has been happening? Mumu
So we should continue with it, because it did not start today?
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by asamaigho(m): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
davdandam:
Jona get bad mouth o. ...chai buhariiiiii did you buy one rifle angry grin hehehehhehdh wanted to die when i watched it on tv

PDP r always insulting demselves. ....
buhari didn't buy any riffle but he was able to defeat d dreaded MAITASAINE insurgents in less dan six months, Gej bought armoured tanks and general purpose machine guns,yet in 5year not a single bokoharam member has been arrested, as a matter of fact boko haram now uses d riffles and hilux vans Which Get bought to kill innocent nigerians.

#teambuhari2015 till gej get commonsense.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 9:32am On Jan 09, 2015
maxtamazin:

I tried to read your jargon but it make no sense. State why you are voting for Buhari and what are his achievements? Am an independent voter and all hear about APC is insult all the time. I don't mind if Jonathan is voted out but am yet to be convinced that Buhari can do anything either. He said he built schools, e wallet programme, You win, Lagos ibadan express way, train e.t.c. pls name any president in history of Nigeria who has done half of what GEJ has done, OBJ wasted 8yrs with no achievement.
There are millions of independent minded Nigerians who will vote for him in February cause there is no alternative. APC is losing the chance to grab power by playing old dirty politics.
I guess you are living in pluto, You said you not understand what he said please where are you when GEJ sending military to attack his enemies i mean those that left PDP like Ameachi, Tambuwal, Nyako. But did nothing when Peter Obi, Mimiko, etc defect to his Party.... So why are you been bias?
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 9:42am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
tanx dearie

Your welcome
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by dedetosin: 9:44am On Jan 09, 2015
thepillarofafrica:
President Jonathan took a swipe at Buhari during his speech at the Tafabalewa Stadium in Lagos today......Read excerpts from his speech shared by
Reno Omokri[color=#000099][/color]. #GEJ2015 #Buharicannotchange

Total bullocks. It's not about building schools, it's about creating an enabling environment for the schools to impart knowledge onto the students and making academics relevant in form of employment afterwards. Where are the jobs? Total nonsense. APC forever .
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2015
chuka5000:

Did all those things u listed start today?
Look at yourself? what a stewpid question from a dunce soul, So if it did not start today we should fold our arms and let it continue?

Please who say this statement? Stealing is no corruption....
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by tonyirore(m): 9:58am On Jan 09, 2015
lonelydora:
What I know is GEJ till February 2015, GMB afterwards.

If it takes Buhari to solve corruption in Nigeria, then i will be glad if he builds more prisons for corrupt leaders.

Imagine a country where you pay 750k for a job of 60k/month. Don't ask me, that is what my cousin paid to secure a FG job in Abuja not minding she passed the test and interview.

A country where policemen openly collects money from motorists. Take a trip from PH to Enugu in a commercial bus, you will understand what I mean.

China has zero tolerance for corruption, why do we celebrate corruption in GEJ's administration?

Reuben and Omokri will declare our prison open by February 2015.

Buhari, welcome to Aso rock.

EDITED: TO ALL THOSE ASKING ME IF ALL THE THINGS I MENTIONED STARTED TODAY, I HAVE THIS FOR THEM.
SO BECAUSE YOU TREKKED TO SCHOOL WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG, THAT MEANS YOUR CHILDREN WILL ALSO TREK TO SCHOOL EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PUT THEM IN A TAXI OR SCHOOL BUS??

u are part of the problem of nigeria. so u allowed your sister to pay 750k for job of 60k? you are corrupt for giving bribe and am sure you did not give it to the president. if your sister truly passed the exam, she 2ill not pay such. her integrity will be intact. pls kindly ask her if she paid the other one too.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by powerblaze(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2015
podosci:

Do you only watch NTA?....dont you watch CNN or BBC....Av you listened to Pres Obama or Putin speak?

Yes I have. I know we will get a leader with such oratory skills one day.
You can't compare us with them yet.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by maxtamazin: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2015
wasuka14:
GEJ has rule for six years now, let give GMB 4years only n let's compare later. Period!

Very funny, he had two years..what did he do?Do we need to go back to old roughs before we can transform the country. Dont hate Jonathan so much and bring ur own country down by seeing only negative things.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by nickxtra(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2015
I think we need more of these prisons, if that's what we make Nigeria a better place. I prefer prisons where corrupt Nigerians will learn than schools that will produce corrupt generation of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by maxtamazin: 10:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

Just take this and think about it. What happened to the oil subsidy report? What is the level of unemployment among youths today? What is the state of EFCC & ICPC today? Where is the 2nd Niger bridge which GEJ vowed he would complete before 2015? Do you know that most youths are just looking for a way to travel out of this country to live? Do you know that people share testimony of how god enabled them to obtain visas to foreign countries in church? What is the state of the health sector in Nigeria? etc
Do you then still think the status quo should continue? No, i know it should not continue. Let us go beyond empty rhetorics written for a clueless president by oxford trained deceivers of the masses. Its is not APC that could lose this election, it is the masses that will lose another 4 years of their lives to institutional corruption. Vote Buhari/Osinbajo, vote CHANGE!!!

Most Nigerian youths like you who are fighting to run out of the country are lazy...yes lazy. Are you too posh to farm? Are too dumb to apply for You win? Do u think the government should do it all for you? Some Nigerian running abroad...what r they doing there? So you are happy to watch Nigerians molested and insulted in Malaysia ( of all places) and put on youtube. Wake up...There is transformation as never seen before in Nigeria...jump in.

Jonathan didn't fight corruption like I want him to but I won't dismiss the progress made in his tenure. There is devolution of power in the judiciary, farmers are getting fertilizers directly, air conditioned train....i only see a train in my life in 9ja when i was six years old and never seen one till now...Why can't Obasanjo do all these so we can measure GEJ tenure with him.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by opo26: 10:32am On Jan 09, 2015
APC plz reply Mr President now or insult is ur achievements list urs let see GEJ build school we can see go to Oye ekiti some ask no school in Lagos is there no federal school in Lagos
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by maxtamazin: 10:34am On Jan 09, 2015
bashydemy:
I guess you are living in pluto, You said you not understand what he said please where are you when GEJ sending military to attack his enemies i mean those that left PDP like Ameachi, Tambuwal, Nyako. But did nothing when Peter Obi, Mimiko, etc defect to his Party.... So why are you been bias?

Where were you when Obasanjo withheld allocation to all SW states because he lost woefully there? Where were you when Buhari instigated his supporters to kill when he lost his last election? Where were you when APC threatened to form a parallel govt if they didn't win the election? Where were you when Buhari seized Pa Awolowo passport and raided his house? Read history friend, all is not as it looks. ..These people are wolf in sheep cloths.

I was in Pluto now am in reality.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by opo26: 10:36am On Jan 09, 2015
APC plz reply Mr President now or insult is ur achievements list urs let see GEJ build school we can see go to Oye ekiti some ask no school in Lagos is there no federal school in Lagos APC plz reply Mr President now or insult is ur achievements list urs let see GEJ build school we can see go to Oye ekiti some ask no school in Lagos is there no federal school in Lagos APC plz reply Mr President now or insult is ur achievements list urs let see GEJ build school we can see go to Oye ekiti some ask no school in Lagos is there no federal school in Lagos
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by femikay149(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2015
lies

How can Gej say since he came on board we ve nt slept in filling stations just last year we had at least 3 occasions of fuel scarcity

this yr in benin there was fuel scarcity

#ourmumudondo
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by paulco: 10:38am On Jan 09, 2015
Nigerian youths refuse to see the big picture ahead by so the future is blink, why are we scared of change, lets embrace it whether its GMB or any other person apart from GEJ am so irritated by most comment aired through this medium, but if you look at the gains and lost of the time spent by the current regime, your result will be absolute failure from whatever angle...I pray our generation witness the positive that comes in the nearest future.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by ak4God(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2015
bewizle:

Stop deceiving urself..Politicians will always tell you what u want to hear...GEJ have spent 6yrs, how many youth re in is cabinets?ANENIH,BODE GEORGE,JERRY GANA,AMADU ALLI,TUKUR,OKUPE so on..
The fact is,Nigeria is too big for Jonathan..he is acting like the President of Ijaw and not NIgeria.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by fran6uc(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2015
femikay149:
lies

How can Gej say since he came on board we ve nt slept in filling stations just last year we had at least 3 occasions of fuel scarcity

this yr in benin there was fuel scarcity

#ourmumudondo

Nigga u prolly slept in d filling station cos u are hopelessly homeless. Get yourself a shanty & leave d filling station cos u're obstructing d free procession of cars trying 2 buy PMS & AGO. #goofed-up scum

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

"If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) / Nigerian Soldier Cries As He Mourns His Fellow Soldier After Being Shot 5 Times / Amaechi “I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter To Jonathan”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.