Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos (50780 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At Oxford University (Video) / Jonathan's Speech At Handover Presentation. / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by sambrow(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2015
jingh:
pls can someone tell Me name of school Jonathan created eg for Lagos.
it's not about always creating, if the available once re nt up to standard, then its like pouring water inside an ocean.
instead of omokri to be propagating his Oga achievement, names and location of it, he only know how to take a swipe at buhari aka Jonathan waterloo

Buhari for President jare
if u don't know den shut up. U dont belng here, u r just existing

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by ojialo(m): 11:13am On Jan 09, 2015
Dannyset:
Issue based campaign indeed.
The same man who told us MEND wasn't responsible for the bomb in 2010, is now telling us that MEND was paid to assassinate him, all because dey endorsed Buhari. Is dis man logical at all? Is dis not a shame to Phd? This cluelessness is getting out of hand.
but after due investigation it was reviled they were actually after his life.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by jingh(f): 11:14am On Jan 09, 2015
sambrow:
if u don't know den shut up. U dont belng here, u r just existing
since you Ve been existing for years, tell me
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by lonelydora: 11:17am On Jan 09, 2015
tonyirore:

u are part of the problem of nigeria. so u allowed your sister to pay 750k for job of 60k? you are corrupt for giving bribe and am sure you did not give it to the president. if your sister truly passed the exam, she 2ill not pay such. her integrity will be intact. pls kindly ask her if she paid the other one too.
The director told her that if she's not ready to pay she should forget about the employment. Her name was the 4th on the list. Out of fear she rallied for the money and paid. We wouldn't have allowed her do such but she only told us what she used the money to do when she resumed work. I was like what the fvck?
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by bashydemy(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2015
maxtamazin:

Where were you when Obasanjo withheld allocation to all SW states because he lost woefully there? Where were you when Buhari instigated his supporters to kill when he lost his last election? Where were you when APC threatened to form a parallel govt if they didn't win the election? Where were you when Buhari seized Pa Awolowo passport and raided his house? Read history friend, all is not as it looks. ..These people are wolf in sheep cloths.

I was in Pluto now am in reality.
Oh..boy you really surprise me i swear, did you mean OBJ withheld South West allocation? OMG this is is so stewpid pardon me for that... The only allocation OBJ withheld is that of Lagos State and that's because Tinubu created more Local Government and OBJ ask him no to..

Please where did Buhari instigate his supporters to kill any proof of that? you are f00l i swear.

APC said they will form a parallel Government is PDP rig so get your fact right ewu.

Please give me a proof of Buhari seizing Awolowo passport, In another country where Military take over power from civilian, They put most of the ousted leader on house arrest so get your fact right.

Now questions for you?

Where are you when GEJ/PEJ are intimidating Ameachi and trying to use 7 members to impeach a speaker same thing is happen in Ogun state and its happening in Ekiti state and Mr clueless did nothing about it because they belong to his party and favoring him... Thank God for strong man Ameachi that dump them where they Belong..

Where are you when GEJ is saying stealing is not corruption?

Where are you when more than 200 girls were abducted in Chibok and till today Mr clueless have never even visited the Family to even console them?

Where are you when Mr clueless is sating $20b is not missing and if it truly miss the US will know cos its their money?

Where are you when lots of Graduates died due to the immigration scam and Mr Clueless did nothing about it till today?

Where are you when people were killed cos of fuel subsidy protest and mr Clueless did nothing about?

FEBUHARI 14 is the day..

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by vikyno(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
legendsilver:

Oga, go sitdown jawe tongue make better person answer the questions
Mind you, I never expected you to understand it cause I already know how shallow ur reasoning is grin

Oponu. May God deliver you from your deluded sense. Your eyes will be open after Feb 14.

Change my foot.
The change I want is not from the association of Buhari, Amaechi, Tinubu, Audu Ogbe, Oyinlola, El- rufai...
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by ommo(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2015
NairalandOP:
"I came up with a special scholarship that tests those that make 1st class & send the best to the best universities in the world"

"You must vote for the Nigerian youth, you must vote for the Nigerian women!”

"There was not even one woman in the cabinet when they ruled."

“I have no enemies to fight. My interest is future generation.”

“They built prisons for you – I built universities for you,”

“Any country that does not obey the rule of law is a jungle.”

“We are building institutions to fight corruption.”

“If THEY had succeeded in fighting corruption, corruption would not have been here with us now.”

“Some people are already cloning voter cards. Are those the kind of people you want in power?”

“Yesterday I directed INEC that every registered Nigerian must vote.”

"I have no personal interests. My interests are Nigeria's interest"

"Nigeria does not belong to old people like us. The youths must redefine this country"

"I have never been driven by the love of power. Rather, I have gotten to where I am today by the power of love"

- President Jonathan

If the above bold statement is anything to go by, then our "good" President should be honorable enough by being a doer of his word but, not just another speaker by not contesting this election like his advised. Is high time people practice what they say. People can say thing just to win sympathy vote. PLEASE, Mr President withdraw your candidacy and allow a "youth" from your party to rather contest for the presidency in order for us to take you serious. Nigerians and HYPOCRISY!!!!
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2015
You just said it, "how many jail can accomodate corrupt Nigerians" Nigerians are the problem and not GEJ.
Flets:
Clear points

If Buhari fought corruption. .... how come we still have corruption with us.

The permanent fight against corruption is creating the right institutions and systems to make corruption impossible like GEJ has done with the e-wallet system for fertiliser scam, biometric register for ghost workers, pension reforms for pension scam etc

How many jails can accommodate corrupt Nigerians. ... we would have to borrow more jails as an average Nigerian is corrupt. To what end is jailing effective? How much has it worked in the past?
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by samleey(m): 11:59am On Jan 09, 2015
Achievement that does not have effect on the Masses...Institution for corruption indeed; Non of those that embezzled our money has been prosecuted for the past 6yrs, Alamesia was pardon, Bode George, etc. The schools established are not funded still in premature stage since 3yrs now, dishonouring d agreement with ASUU leading to over 6 month strike, the same with Polytechnic and college of education. Power sector dead... The power sector and prosecution of those that embezzled our money can only be use as the measure of Mr President achievement to the common man in this country, but are they ?
Achievement indeed
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by nicechic(f): 12:09pm On Jan 09, 2015
teemanbastos:

why is a phdian presido talking lyk a ignoramus? during the military regime, evry woman and weaklings were under cos Military isnt 4 weak people xo nt having a woman is nt an ideal criticism,aw many women could bare military coups?.. Afterall what has Oduah the 255M Thief done 4 awa airports? Wat of allison madueke who keeps on stealing oil money.??

Mugu talk.. U ave no enemies yet yhu teargassed tambuwal and oda lawmakers, u alxo withdraw tambuwal`s security details and did ntn to Ondo state HOA members who defektd to ur party?

They built prisons and they will surely build more for you and your bands.. Trash. Of course what will a man of integrity be doing in a prison? Y u dy fear. D institutions u built, did u fund them.. Aw many mnths did ASUU go on strike?

If the youths must redefine this country, why dnt u put them in top positions.. Aw many ambassadors are youths? Aw many ministers are youths? Anxa naw

C what your lieing president said again..Mend wanted to assasinate me on oct. 1 bkos they backed GMB yet yhu said MEND were nt responsible for oct. 1 bombings years ago when they were still your friends..pls sir xtop lieing to the youths, yhu dnt want good 4 us

The president gave Lame and weak criticisms..am expecting our amiable Lai Mohammed should give a 'mega dose' of replies which he and his cohorts wud 4ever nt be able to get over.

Chase them..and Sweep them away.

Buhari/Osinbajo.
. Kai....you just won my heart. kisses
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by ogdada: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
so true!!!!!!! he's comparing 2years to 6years
give GMB 4YEARS UNDER A DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED GOV THEN WE CAN START TO COMPARE UR REGIME TO HIS.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Jahdiel2: 12:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
#Matters Arising from PDP/GEJ's re-election campaign speech @ TBS: In response to APC/GMB's promise to Fight Insurgency with success, GEJ claimed that GMB didn't even buy a rifle for the Army when he was the Head of State. Mr President must have said this in apparent praise of his huge spendings/Performance and that of the Military against Boko Haram. Mr President didn't tell how his huge spendings on the Military resulted in "Tactical Manoeuvre" where Nigerian Soldiers in their hundreds reportedly running from Boko Haram, surrendered to the Cameroon Army. He also did not tell how the huge defence spendings resulted in several Mutinies in the Army. May be in the Next Rally he'll how his massive equipping of the Military resulted in occupation of Parts of the Nigerian territory by the Boko Haram Insurgency. My take: If GMB who couldn't even buy a rifle fought and ended MAITATSINE (the Boko Haram equivalent) that had terrorised Nigerians during Shagari's Administration, and there was no single case of Nigeria Soldiers running from battle, Nigeria and Nigerians need his wand now that your multi-billionnaire spendings on the Army has not yielded the desired result against the dreaded sect. Mr President in his statement, seems to re-echo the 'Terrorism is a global issue; it's Nigeria's turn' stance he expressed while reacting to Abuja UN building attack; implying that he has done the best anybody could possibly do, with the issue, as Nigerians can see, only getting worse than it was @ inception. I disagree with your implied view that Boko Haram is insurmountable.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by nefertitiram: 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
HERE IS APC'S RESPONSE! grin grin grin grin grin

If the kitchen is too hot!!!! Mehn! Sht or get off the pot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd-byaKsLZs&feature=youtu.be&a
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Curlieweed: 1:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
W
NairalandOP:
"I came up with a special scholarship that tests those that make 1st class & send the best to the best universities in the world"

"You must vote for the Nigerian youth, you must vote for the Nigerian women!”

"There was not even one woman in the cabinet when they ruled."

“I have no enemies to fight. My interest is future generation.”

“They built prisons for you – I built universities for you,”

“Any country that does not obey the rule of law is a jungle.”

“We are building institutions to fight corruption.”

If THEY had succeeded in fighting corruption, corruption would not have been here with us now.”

“Some people are already cloning voter cards. Are those the kind of people you want in power?”

“Yesterday I directed INEC that every registered Nigerian must vote.”

"I have no personal interests. My interests are Nigeria's interest"

"Nigeria does not belong to old people like us. The youths must redefine this country"

"I have never been driven by the love of power. Rather, I have gotten to where I am today by the power of love"

- President Jonathan

The highlighted is so true. Epic insight. After fighting corruption, Nigeria became No. 1 corrupt country.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Vikky014(f): 1:28pm On Jan 09, 2015
Locapito:
can u hear urself? "may dis YEARS POST ELECTION VIOLENCE" I wonder the kind of man that will keep u at home with all ur grammatical blunders and decaying in memory. Better go back to secondary school or look for one adult education centre and learn more of English language. No need to even join issue with u since u re also clueless.
*clears throat*Am so happy that i cant speak correct engrish but i can still say my mind with the little i know.you that speak kworrect engrish like your kworupt GMB can it stop him from failing the fourth timeatleast with my little engrish i can still employ you.YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT MARRIAGE. SO YOUR FATHER MARRIED YOUR MOTHER BECAUSE SHE KNOWS ENGRISH?WUNT BLAME YOU SHAA
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Vikky014(f): 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
tuncy:

Damsel don't take it personal na

He just said a prayer!
Praying God to govern a man's life d way Buhari did is like asking God to bring discipline and order to ur life even when u refuse!

But with the heartlessness of Jona and his team! God is merciful he he governs ur life like dat!

1. That means God won't give a dem if u re bombed!
2. Your heart will be in Madueke's acct, you liver will be in Odua's acct
3. I think he prayer mentioned ur family too... Make I no visit dere ooo... Cos u go cry
4. Several thousands displayed cos of lack of competence: that means na underbridge u go da now

I expect Behind damsel like u to support change rather and cluelessness, Thugs, thieves!

See, prof, SAN: reputable ones... Type his name on google and see publications...

And do dsame for zoo Dr

Lol
errrm!!!! please tell that to the family members of those corpers that were murdered after 2011 elections by buharists like you.I and my family members with our PVC WILL VOTE FOR GEJ ON 14TH FEB.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Vikky014(f): 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
podosci:

The PDPs Lagos govt state candidate threathend that SS youths would criple our economy if GEJ loses..Zamfara Gov ( PDP) during a rally told his supporters to KILL the opposition like...i repeat KILL.......Lets not forget GEJ orderd the IGP to send policemen to harass senators and house of reps of the opposition........

Your point is
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Alijajere(m): 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
Pls guys,give him 10 bunch of hahahaha b/cos he tried alot.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by drbenneth: 3:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=lonelydora post=29620496]What I know is GEJ till February 2015, GMB afterwards.

If it takes Buhari to solve corruption in Nigeria, then i will be glad if he builds more prisons for corrupt leaders.

Imagine a country where you pay 750k for a job of 60k/month. Don't ask me, that is what my cousin paid to secure a FG job in Abuja not minding she passed the test and interview.

A country where policemen openly collects money from motorists. Take a trip from PH to Enugu in a commercial bus, you will understand what I mean.

China has zero tolerance for corruption, why do we celebrate corruption in GEJ's administration?

Reuben and Omokri will declare our prison open by February 2015.

Buhari, welcome to Aso rock.

EDITED: TO ALL THOSE ASKING ME IF ALL THE THINGS I MENTIONED STARTED TODAY, I HAVE THIS FOR THEM.
SO BECAUSE YOU TREKKED TO SCHOOL WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG, THAT MEANS YOUR CHILDREN WILL ALSO TREK TO SCHOOL EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PUT THEM IN A TAXI OR SCHOOL BUS??
[/quote
Buhari is the father of evil only a Muslim and a fool will vote for him. He has failed Nigerian ones and he will fail again and again.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by teemanbastos(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
nicechic:
. Kai....you just won my heart. kisses
blushing grin
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by PRD(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=drbenneth post=29639684][/quote]
And GEJ has not failed Nigerians?
We would vote him out...not because we are sure that Buhari will perform better but so that incompetent leaders will know and fear the people'\s ability to elect, select and deselect...
Why should we endure another 4years simply because we fear the unknown. If the unknown comes in and performs at the same level or worse, we vote them out as well...and so on until our leaders start to lead...(rephrased: Chuka Amos-Ejesi)

#Gbam
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by chuka5000(m): 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
bashydemy:
Look at yourself? what a stewpid question from a dunce soul, So if it did not start today we should fold our arms and let it continue?

Please who say this statement? Stealing is no corruption....

Chimp like u dey call me stupid
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by podosci(m): 3:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Vikky014:
Your point is
No political party has a monopoly over violence..... The politicans dont care about us,,,,,,,,We can all die and they would still carry on like nothing hapn....
What truely matters is Nigeria
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by femikay149(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2015
fran6uc:

Nigga u prolly slept in d filling station cos u are hopelessly homeless. Get yourself a shanty & leave d filling station cos u're obstructing d free procession of cars trying 2 buy PMS & AGO. #goofed-up scum

first u called me nigga-very offensive
then u used all kind of uncharitable words

why cant you just respond to issues i raised instead of behaving like an uncivilised human being

nt suprised that these r the type of people defending mr president lies

pls seun we need the to be able to ban pple like this from quoting us esp when they are actually using offensive and abusive words
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by ommo(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=drbenneth post=29639684][/quote]

OH SORRY FOR YOU, I never knew you were this MYOPIC and have had your brain so FRIED. A BIGOT
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by boma95(f): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
teemanbastos:

why is a phdian presido talking lyk a ignoramus? during the military regime, evry woman and weaklings were under cos Military isnt 4 weak people xo nt having a woman is nt an ideal criticism,aw many women could bare military coups?.. Afterall what has Oduah the 255M Thief done 4 awa airports? Wat of allison madueke who keeps on stealing oil money.??

Mugu talk.. U ave no enemies yet yhu teargassed tambuwal and oda lawmakers, u alxo withdraw tambuwal`s security details and did ntn to Ondo state HOA members who defektd to ur party?

They built prisons and they will surely build more for you and your bands.. Trash. Of course what will a man of integrity be doing in a prison? Y u dy fear. D institutions u built, did u fund them.. Aw many mnths did ASUU go on strike?

If the youths must redefine this country, why dnt u put them in top positions.. Aw many ambassadors are youths? Aw many ministers are youths? Anxa naw

C what your lieing president said again..Mend wanted to assasinate me on oct. 1 bkos they backed GMB yet yhu said MEND were nt responsible for oct. 1 bombings years ago when they were still your friends..pls sir xtop lieing to the youths, yhu dnt want good 4 us

The president gave Lame and weak criticisms..am expecting our amiable Lai Mohammed should give a 'mega dose' of replies which he and his cohorts wud 4ever nt be able to get over.

Chase them..and Sweep them away.

Buhari/Osinbajo.

nice one....like to be ur friend kiss
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Vikky014(f): 5:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
podosci:

No political party has a monopoly over violence..... The politicans dont care about us,,,,,,,,We can all die and they would still carry on like nothing hapn....
What truely matters is Nigeria
ok
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by hermesprogidy(m): 5:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
See the legion of fools spear heading jonathan's campaign. They can't even sell their candidate!!! dumb lots
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Faraidi(m): 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
lonelydora:

So we should continue with it, because it did not start today?
CAPITAL YES!
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tђε pressid programme shouldn't just be scrapped. If GMB can guarantee tђε continuance °ƒ tђε scheme, then GMB till 2019.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by drbenneth: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
ommo:

OH SORRY FOR YOU, I never knew you were this MYOPIC and have had your brain so FRIED. A BIGOT
You are a mufu.... and I think something is wrong with ur generation.... Wetin concern me with Buhari and his evil plans... na by force your vote no be one vote abi u wan vote for me mufu or you get one million head baga.
Re: Excerpts From Jonathan's Speech At The Tafabalewa Stadium Lagos by fishbone11(m): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
teemanbastos:
Mr. fishbone ,join the winninq team..!!

pls enlighten me with the winner team, I presume u mean JONATHAN'S team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Ondo2016: PDP Posts Photo Of Soldier Arrested In Abuja, Claiming It's In Ondo / "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) / Nigerian Soldier Cries As He Mourns His Fellow Soldier After Being Shot 5 Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.