Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira (3977 Views)

I Was Overthrown In 1984 For Refusing To Devalue The Naira – Buhari / US To Press Nigeria To Devalue Naira - Reuters / Why I Refused To Devalue Naira, Remove Fuel Subsidy - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by SUBMARINE: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:
[b]At the post above,

Even without wasting 1% of my brain cells, if I were GMB's advisor, taking out Tompolo and the rot in NNPC will save us about $15Billion per annum.

Building an adequate local refining capacity will save us another $5+ Billion. If stable power is transformed within 2-3 years (15,000 MW for a start, which is very possible), that's more productivity and more earning in taxes for the gov't.

To stay conservative, $15Billion (27 Trillion Naira) per annum is enough to run such a welfare program until youth unemployment rate is drastically brought down from its current level of 80% (CBN figure) to say 30%.

After that, they can stop such a welfare. N5,000 monthly is not enough incentive not to look for a job.

Note that givin everone N1M each at once has too much risk.
1. Hyperinflation due to too much currency in circulation
2. A lot of people will waste it.
I doubt if more than 40 will be ploughed into meaninful ventures and if more than 20% will be successful in the end.

I think you underestimate the level of Nigeria's riches and the scale of corruption going on in Nigeria under GEJ.[/b]

Thanks for the response even though you didn't include my moniker so as to make it easy for me to know when you have responded

LRNZH

When you give them N1m each to go into small/medium scale production businesses

1) Price Inflation would fall because the production will climb up leading to higher supply.

As supply catches up with demand, price falls. Remember the law of demand and supply.

2) They won't waste that money if

a) they are told to pay back in every year for at most 10years. Which is easy to pay.

b) Their certificates, international passports and other documents are used as collateral and they are banned from travelling without government approval.

c) they are told to bring guarantors that can be arrested if they run away.

What do you think.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 3:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
Redoil:
are you still here consoling urself after the uppercut by gej in APC stronghold yesterday?

[b]Let us not derail the thread but I can easily point out the weaknesses from GEJ's campaign in Lagos.

1. He harped on CHANGE instead of CONTINUITY. Change is APC's slogan. He was supposed to focus on what he has achieved and how we will continue to inprove. In attacking APC's message he could not tell Lagosians what he has done for them since Feb. 2010. He sounded like an opposition candidate attacking the incumbent GMB.

2. He made many technical blunders like
a. claiming to have queued for milk for 2 days in 1983. GMB became head of state on Dec 31, 1983. The last day of 1983. Is Shagari not to blame for his queue?
b. Alleging that MEND tried to assassinate him. This a man who absolved MEN of any wrong doing and even attempted to rope his then political foe IBB through Dokpesi. 4 years later GEJ accuses mend of planning assassination because they endorsed GMB and APC. Henry Okah jailed in SA was never charged for planning presidential assassination.
c. He claimed that GMB never bought a rifle for the Army. This one is hilarious. GMB bought more important armaments than rifles. That has been debunked on NL. If not being clueless, a man who never bought rifle defeated Maitatsine in less han 1 year while GEJ is still grappling with Boko Haram after 5 years and plenty rifles. He shot himself in the foot there.

3. After Lagos, he headed to Enugu instead of completing his SW campaign tour. That is so inefficient from a political strategy and energy saving standpoint.

This is not the topic of this thread but I just wanted you to know that GEJ messed up in Lagos.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:
Why do PDP suppprters run from arguments without acknowledging if they agree with my points or not?

He didn't run away, i think he left you to your economic illiteracy but it seems you're not an easy quitter. Give it up son, 4Play just took you to school.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 3:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Thanks for the response even though you didn't include my moniker so as to make it easy for me to know when you have responded

LRNZH

When you give them N1m each to go into small/medium scale production businesses

1) Price Inflation would fall because the production will climb up leading to higher supply.

As supply catches up with demand, price falls. Remember the law of demand and supply.

2) They won't waste that money if

a) they are told to pay back in every year for at most 10years. Which is easy to pay.

b) Their certificates, international passports and other documents are used as collateral and they are banned from travelling without government approval.

c) they are told to bring guarantors that can be arrested if they run away.

What do you think.

There is not much wrong with your proposal. It is not a new idea. There are agencies set up to do this already like NDE, NEXIM, Nigerian Agric Bank, MSME banks, SURE-P.... Community Banks etc

The institutions listed above are just not efficient that is why you don't feel their impact. Another evidence of GEJ's failings since Feb. 2010.

My point is if done on a very large scale at once, we would grapple with run away inflation because of too much money in the economy.

I do not see a problem with GMB's sugestion of N5K per month if it is planned to be a palliative for say 3 years to discourage societal ills among youths etc until the economy is cleaned up and booming again.

1 Like

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by jdilight(m): 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

Owerri – The Presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Mohammadu Buhari, has said that insecurity and corruption are the major problems militating against the development of Nigeria as a nation and promised to tackle the menace, if elected president on Feb. 14.

Buhari said this when he paid a courtesy visit to Gov. Rochas Okorocha of Imo at the Government House, Owerri on Wednesday.

He called on the Igbos to support APC, saying that one of the objectives of his government, if elected, was to secure the country and efficiently manage it.
He said that, if voted into power, his administration would decisively deal with terrorism, kidnapping and corruption at all levels.

On economy, Buhari decried the alarming rate of inflation in the country and wondered how local businesses could survive with the rate of exchange of Naira to Dollar.

He, therefore, promised to improve on the economy.
“In 1984 as the military head of state, I refused to devalue the Naira, refused to remove subsidy on petroleum products.
“We equally made an undertaken to meet our obligation on foreign debt – medium and long term. All these we did within the period we were in power.”

Earlier, Gov. Okorocha lauded Gen. Buhari for his zero tolerance to corruption as well as his vision for Nigeria.
He requested, among other things, that a fair share of political positions be allotted to the South-East as well as creation of an additional state to make for equity and fairness among the six geo-political zones of the country.

He also requested for the upgrading of the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport to an International Airport as well as the rehabilitation of Enugu – Onitsha Road, Enugu – Port Harcourt Road, and Aba –Ikot Ekpene Road, among others, if elected.

“My General, I ask for nothing but these few things and I know you can do it. But for the votes, my people will give you their vote,” he said.
APC Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, Sen. Chris Ngige and other national leaders of the party accompanied Buhari during the visit.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/military-head-state-refused-devalue-naira-buhari/

How will he tackle inflation? If we must move forward me should be asking, "how will you".

No import dependent nation can tackle inflation, ask Zimbabwe.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
rudedough:

He didn't run away, i think he left you to your economic illiteracy but it seems you're not an easy quitter. Give it up son, 4Play just took you to school.

Even 4Play wouldn't say that. I see you are a praise singer. Another court jester... grin grin

1 Like

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 4:08pm On Jan 09, 2015
jdilight:

How will he tackle inflation? If we must move forward me should be asking, "how will you".

You are correct and even currency devaluation.

Stable power is a big issue in Nigeria. Imagine what would have come out of Aba, PH, Kano and Lagos in terms of manufacturing if we had at least sustained 18 hrs of cheap power per day.
Small businesses will thrive as well. That is providing a basis for export to surrounding countries.

Adequate refining capacity will free up the hard earned foreign exchange we use to import fuel and pay subsidy to cabal. That's savings to plough into other sectors of te economy. The locally refined fuel, we can export as well to neighbouring WA countries.

Agriculture provides very mwaningful employmwnt and some Forex from export as well.

Let's not overflog the issue. GEJ had 5 years and none of this issue was meaningfully addressed. That's why he won't get my vote in FeBuhari and I'm campaigning for GMB.

Even if you don' fancy GMB, know that he is a better option than GEJ in 2015.

1 Like

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by 1LRNZH: 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
jdilight:

I just replied you in the above post but it triggered a ban. You can see the post is hidden. I have reported to the mods and hoping it will be released soon.

I no want type the same response again.
Edit: My handle has been unbanned and post release above. Thanks Mods.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
I'm back grin
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by lincolnj88: 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
We know... Is this your certificate

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
lincolnj88:
We know... Is this your certificate

I'd rather lose my certificates than watch 200 girls and 18 female soldiers taken away as sex slaves.

I'd rather lose my certificates than let a bunch of militants steal 400,000 barrels per day while my country is broke.

I'd rather lose my certificates than let my family live in perpetual darkness while my account is filled with $100M.

1 Like

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by lincolnj88: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

I'd rather lose my certificates than watch 200 girls and 18 female soldiers taken away as sex slaves.

I'd rather lose my certificates than let a bunch of militants steal 400,000 barrels per day while my country is broke.

I'd rather lose my certificates than let my family live in perpetual darkness while my account is filled with $100M.

Do you have a certificate....Mr man

Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by SUBMARINE: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
LRNZH:

There is not much wrong with your proposal. It is not a new idea. There are agencies set up to do this already like NDE, NEXIM, Nigerian Agric Bank, MSME banks, SURE-P.... Community Banks etc

The institutions listed above are just not efficient that is why you don't feel their impact. Another evidence of GEJ's failings since Feb. 2010.

My point is if done on a very large scale at once, we would grapple with run away inflation because of too much money in the economy.

I do not see a problem with GMB's sugestion of N5K per month if it is planned to be a palliative for say 3 years to discourage societal ills among youths etc until the economy is cleaned up and booming again.

You keep talking of inflation without scanning GMB's ideal with it

For your info, GMB's ideal will lead to inflation

Why

Releasing N1.5tr into the economy for consumption without corresponding increase in production and supply of goods and services will lead to higher demand which in turn will lead to increase in price inflation.

So rather than follow that path and end up worsening the situation

It is best he follows the path I suggested. My proposal if implemented, will eliminate future price/monetary inflation by increasing the quantity of goods/services produced and supply.

This will help supply catch up or almost catch up with demand which in turn will force price down.

What do you think.?
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

You keep talking of inflation without scanning GMB's ideal with it

For your info, GMB's ideal will lead to inflation

Why

Releasing N1.5tr into the economy for consumption without corresponding increase in production and supply of goods and services will lead to higher demand which in turn will lead to increase in price inflation.

So rather than follow that path and end up worsening the situation

It is best he follows the path I suggested. My proposal if implemented, will eliminate future price/monetary inflation by increasing the quantity of goods/services produced and supply.

What do you think.?

The $1.5 Trillion under GMB's plan is not released immediately or in droves like your plan. It is in stipends over a long period of time hence your fear of runaway inflation does not hold. It is like a drip to a sick person.

Secondly, instead of capital flight when say a Tompolo buys luxury goods, the money is within the country. I suspect you are looking at GMB's plan in isolation hence your misgivings.

i have earlier posited that if we can generate 15,000 MW of electricity and build adequate refining capacity, Nigeria's economy will be jump started. So the stipend should be a temporary fix. Again, like a drip.
I trust GMB and the people APC will surround him with for our economic turn around. You can tell that even from the campaign strategy so far. Imagine GEJ reading out IBB's coup speech instead of focusing on his achievements and vision for Enugu and Nigeria.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 3:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
GMB has way better economic policies than GEJ.
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 6:38am On Feb 20, 2015
Re: BUHARINOMICS: As Head Of State, I Refused To Devalue Naira by LRNZH(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2015
GMB......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why ISIS And Boko Haram Are Killing Moslems / Buhari Will Hold Nnamdi Despite Global Condemnation. / Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Atiku's Statements On Their Defection To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.