Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (166973 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by kobonaire(m): 2:33pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Your tears of anger are quite mouth-watering and tasty
Your years of being stuffed with cow testicles ... grin grin grin
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Because white people seem to study Fulani people like crazy and yet, they even try to claim us and call us Caucasian all the time. I have never seen so many Discovery channel, PBS and Nat Geo documentaries about any other group except my own Fulani people, and within the Fulani ethnic group, they seem to study the Wodaabe Fulani the most.

I knew this man was suffering from an extreme inferiority complex, sorry Fulaman, you are not Caucasian, your nose is too flat wink.

Fulani are not considered part of the Caucasoid race.

Fulaman198:
I was just going through KenyanLady's posted pictures and having a very goood LAUGH for the night. I just can't stop laughing.

the truth is a hard pill to swallow.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by tpiaobsession: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Well I don't necessarily agree, but it doesn't change the fact that they are Tuaregs cheesy

True, just that I associate tuaregs with blue turbans.

Strong resemblance to kanuri though.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
@KenyanLady

Stop with the pseudo-science already. Horners are not apart of the "Caucasian race". That myth and your image has long been debunked by modern anthropology.

And Fulaman IS right. Fulani's WERE grouped apart of the Caucasoid race along with the Tutsi's and other elongated Africans! By race obsessed western anthropologist during the 19th and early 20th century. Look up the "Hamitic race" which was said to be a subgroup of the Caucasian race. Fulanis were grouped in Hamitic along with Tutsi's, horners and others.

Later scholars expanded on these ideas; the most influential was the Italian race theorist Giuseppe Sergi. In his book The Mediterranean Race (1901) Sergi argued that there was a distinct Hamitic racial group which could be divided into two sub-groups: the northern Hamites, which comprised Berbers, Toubou, Fulani and the Guanches; the Eastern branch, which comprised Egyptians, Nubians, Ethiopians, Oromo, Somali, and Tutsis.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamitic

Yours and Terrycars arguments are just repeating the same ones of those racist past anthropologist who believed Africans looked one way.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:
@KenyanLady

Stop with the pseudo-science already. Horners are not apart of the "Caucasian race". That myth and your image has long been debunked by modern anthropology.

And Fulaman IS right. Fulani's WERE grouped apart of the Caucasoid race along with the Tutsi's and other elongated Africans! By race obsessed western anthropologist during the 19th and early 20th century. Look up the "Hamitic race" which was said to be a subgroup of the Caucasian race. Fulanis were grouped in Hamitic along with Tutsi's, horners and others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamitic

Yours and Terrycars arguments are just repeating the same ones of those racist past anthropologist who believed Africans looked one way.

These guys don't know how to use Google man. That's why I'm having the most satisfying of laughs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2015
tpiaobsession:

True, just that I associate tuaregs with blue turbans.

Strong resemblance to kanuri though.

That's what whites/westerners say. The blue Turban is only worn amongst certain Tuareg subgroups. A lot just wear white turbans or any turban for that matter. Like us Fulani who wear any coloured turban.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

These guys don't know how to use Google man. That's why I'm having the most satisfying of laughs.

I'm surprised Terrycar(no offense to him) is saying some of these things when he was one of the main contributors in my African diversity phenotype thread.

Like I said Africa has the highest diversity due hosting some of the oldest people on Earth. Saying that Africans have one type of skin tone is nonsense when we already know this:
Previous studies of genetic and craniometric traits have found higher levels of within-population diversity in sub-Saharan Africa compared to other geographic regions. This study examines regional differences in within-population diversity of human skin color. Published data on skin reflectance were collected for 98 male samples from eight geographic regions: sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, Europe, West Asia, Southwest Asia, South Asia, Australasia, and the New World. Regional differences in local within-population diversity were examined using two measures of variability: the sample variance and the sample coefficient of variation. For both measures, the average level of within-population diversity is higher in sub-Saharan Africa than in other geographic regions. This difference persists even after adjusting for a correlation between within-population diversity and distance from the equator. Though affected by natural selection, skin color variation shows the same pattern of higher African diversity as found with other traits.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11126724

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 4:55pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I'm surprised Terrycar(no offense to him) is saying some of these things when he was one of the main contributors in my African diversity phenotype thread.

Like I said Africa has the highest diversity due hosting some of the oldest people on Earth. Saying that Africans have one type of skin tone is nonsense when we already know this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11126724

Well sadly our friend Terry has fallen into the trap of western brainwashing. It's a disease that many around the world have suffered. The west has lied so much about Africa that I don't even know where to begin.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

i know African diversity like the mixed north. blasian Madagascar and others. i just don't call everybody black.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

i know African diversity like the mixed north. blasian Madagascar and others. i just don't call everybody black.

Its not about calling everyone black when "black" is more of a western term itself.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Its not about calling everyone black when "black" is more of a western term itself.
Africans

Africans

Africans

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

Africans

Africans

Africans

First picture are not really Africans that's where you and I disagree. Do you believe that white south Africans are African as well?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

First picture are not really Africans that's where you and I disagree. Do you believe that white south Africans are African as well?
south African yes African hell no
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

south African yes African hell no

Your first picture with the obvious white ladies shows people of obvious Greek, Roman and Turk history. The women for crying out loud have red hair. They are no different from white south Africans

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

Just cause someone doesn't fit whatever contrived definition of "black" you have doesn't mean they're any less "pure" or indigenous than the next African. African diversity pretty much violates every Euro-American-centric definition of "race" there is(which is what you seem to be going off of). What part of "most genetically diverse continent" don't you understand?

BTW.........Melanesians, Andaman islanders, and Australian Aboriginals have absolutely no genetic connections with any African groups that aren't shared with the entire human species. Their phenotypes are simply the result of traits being selected for evolutionary adaptations to a humid and/or tropical environment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 5:56pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Your first picture with the obvious white ladies shows people of obvious Greek, Roman and Turk history. The women for crying out loud have red hair. They are no different from white south Africans
the very north is part of African diversity whether you or i like it or not. Moroccans & the other northerners may not like blacks or mixed in their nation but they are still part of Africa & they should accept that. north African are only African when it benefits them, like honers are only black when it benefits them
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

the very north is part of African diversity whether you or i like it or not. Moroccans & the other northerners may not like blacks or mixed in their nation but they are still part of Africa & they should accept that. north African are only African when it benefits them, like honers are only black when it benefits them

Nah the north you linked is not. What you posted are people with strong Mediterranean links from Greece, Rome and Turkey who have been assimilated into what they believe African culture to be
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Just cause someone doesn't fit whatever contrived definition of "black" you have doesn't mean they're any less "pure" or indigenous than the next African. African diversity pretty much violates every Euro-American-centric definition of "race" there is(which is what you seem to be going off of). What part of "most genetically diverse continent" don't you understand?
genetically yes diverse in looks? no asia blows africa out of the water with looks

BTW.........Melanesians, Andaman islanders, and Australian Aboriginals have absolutely no genetic connections with any African groups that aren't shared with the entire human species. Their phenotypes are simply the result of traits being selected for evolutionary adaptations to a humid and/or tropical environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Nah the north you linked is not. What you posted are people with strong Mediterranean links from Greece, Rome and Turkey who have been assimilated into what they believe African culture to be
a ironically this is what "pure" turks look like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTCJ5hedcVA
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 6:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

genetically yes diverse in looks? no asia blows africa out of the water with looks

Considering it's genetics that determines phenotype, I'd say you've reached a cross-road in contradictory double thinking here. And even though it's subjective I'd still wager to bet that Africa has more phenotype diversity. Only thing is if I show you two picture of completely different looking Africans you'll just say that one is pure and the other is unpure.

And if that's the case, to play your game, I say that the west Asians in that pic are unpure as they might be mixed from Byzantine Europeans from the Roman empire or something.
TerryCarr:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWkxvIaKsFU

So, then what was you point about all of the oldest people having similar looks, and including Negritos from Asia in the pic? When those features are as I said chosen by nature to fit the humid environments in which those people lived for thousands of years. I has nothing to due with being the "oldest people".
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

No, that's what central Asian Turkic speaking people tend to look like. Anatolian & Caucasian Turkic speaking people tend to look different. And considering "turkic" is a language-based group. I'd say "purity"(if there exist such a thing) would be based on linguistic, not phenotype. Which could be determined by asking the questions like which turkic language has the highest number of words of "turkic" origin? Not, who looks the most "turkic".
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
@Terrycar

Try to actually address things instead of spamming cherry-picked pics and using strawmans. You obviously know what I meant.

Are those three pics you posted only suppose to represent African diversity? Did you see the skin color diversity study I posted to Fulaman?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

I agree, however like I said and no offence to whites, they go to others cultures and claim them as their own that's how it has always been. The picture of the turks you just linked are indeed pure turks. But today, most people think the Turk is a white person instead of someone having strong Asiatic features. That's what I'm saying about TRUE Berbers. True Berbers are very dark skinned. You need that extreme dark skin to survive in that extreme heat, dry and arid climate, otherwise you would become pot roast. There is a reason why Nilotics and Hausa people are so dark. The closer you get to the Sahara, the darker you get.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
According to Terrycars screwed logic. Only this represents "true pure" Africa.

Meanwhile these Khosians do not, because they don't fit his screwed views.

Even though they carry the oldest lineages. Are those Khoisan girls not "true pure" Africans?
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

No, that's what central Asian Turkic speaking people tend to look like. Anatolian & Caucasian Turkic speaking people tend to look different. And considering "turkic" is a language-based group. I'd say "purity"(if there exist such a thing) would be based on linguistic, not phenotype. Which could be determined by asking the questions like which turkic language has the highest number of words of "turkic" origin? Not, who looks the most "turkic".
yea it's called mixing/assimilation. Turks came out of Asia and took over Anatolia mostly with culture & language rather then genetics
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
Fulaman198:

Indeed. I already explained the European settlement into Northwest Africa and how they are of recent attractions.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Even though they carry the oldest lineages. Are those Khoisan girls not "true pure" Africans?
Khoisan are the true south Africans

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

I think you mean it represents KenyanLady's view of "pure" Africans and other brainwashed Africans who think looking "Bantu" is the only pure thing an African can be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
TerryCarr:

And who the heck were denying that? The thing is you posted obvious North Africans who are European descent. Yes indeed North Africans are mixed. We already admitted this. But Morrocans look like this.

The problem in which you're doing is that you try to argue whats "true African" and whats not. You believe Africans who resemble that of Robert Mugabe are the only true representation of Africans. The fact is the African world is large and diverse.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
Supper:

Considering it's genetics that determines phenotype, I'd say you've reached a cross-road in contradictory double thinking here. And even though it's subjective I'd still wager to bet that Africa has more phenotype diversity. Only thing is if I show you two picture of completely different looking Africans you'll just say that one is pure and the other is unpure.

And if that's the case, to play your game, I say that the west Asians in that pic are unpure as they might be mixed from Byzantine Europeans from the Roman empire or something.

So, then what was you point about all of the oldest people having similar looks, and including Negritos from Asia in the pic? When those features are as I said chosen by nature to fit the humid environments in which those people lived for thousands of years. I has nothing to due with being the "oldest people".
im saying the first humans look similar to those people
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
KidStranglehold:

Indeed. I already explained the European settlement into Northwest Africa and how they are of recent attractions.

Absolutely, in the true Sahara desert, a European would not be able to survive trust me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kboxpt-AMxA
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 02, 2015
Although the study's main focus was on Africa, Tishkoff and her colleagues studied DNA markers from around the planet, identifying 14 "ancestral clusters" for all of humanity. Nine of those clusters are in Africa. "You're seeing more diversity in one continent than across the globe, Tishkoff said.
Study Finds Africans More Genetically Diverse Than Other Populations
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043002485.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.