Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (166508 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
There are many African leaders who still strongly believe that the problems of Africa can solely be solved from outside Africa although they do not say it but their reliance on former colonial masters is a pointer to the fact that they do not have an independent mind of their own. Some of the problems of the continent are internally generated and add to an international economic system that is already unfriendly to Africa. The continent cannot continue to be consumers in this competitive global world but to become aggressive producers to conquer the home market in the medium and short term and begin to reach out to the wider world in the long run. A very high level of competitiveness can be attained by merging different economies for a single but greatly diversified economy of Africa. Diversification and sharing of experiences will stabilise these economies and they will be able to prevent their exploitation.

Will a man be a man without a mind of his own
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by KingSango(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
The solutions for Africa lie within Africa and always have been in Africa. Africa is the only part of the planet we have sovereign power. We look up to Africa as the land of light and that it is. Africa is a brilliant light which has withstood attack after thousands of years of invasions to crush that light. Evil powers of darkness have entered into Africa and tried to wipe out the source of light, IFA oracle. The wisdom of the ancestors passed down in the IFA oracle, in the prayers, dances and songs held by the women is the light of Africa. All tribes have their oral histories. The drum is the light of Africa. All tribes have the drum. We can't defeat White Supremacy and Racism with logic. We have to defeat it with juju. There is no other way. Africa has the most powerful juju on the planet. Instead of using juju or traditional African religion to defeat the beast who is using witchcraft and sorcery against us, we instead use juju for petty reasons of jealousy, money ritual and other selfish nonsense. Despite though I might add this to the very stupid of us, juju will not build your road for you or farm your land or dig your well so your family will have water. You will have to do those things yourself. Orishas aren't human beings they are spirits so spirits don't do manual labor. Stop being lazy. Rise up and build your Kingdom. Respect the monarch.

Return to your traditions. Everyone should return to their thunder orishas, Igbos, Hasaus and Yorubas, Nupe people too! Everyone in Africa should return to their fire orishas and this will defeat the evil witchcraft of the European. All of us fighting this spiritual war together will do the trick. We can't win with guns or tanks or military because all 9 areas of human life we have lost control of. Economics we can't win. Military/War we can't win. Science/technology we can't win. Law we can't win. Religion we can't win. Entertainment we can't win. The only area we can win is Sorcery, JUJU, as Africa has the most powerful juju on Earth. Africa is the light of Olodumare. What the European is doing using fragments of the juju to rule over all of the physical realm. Africa is the source of all the fragments of juju, alchemy, witchcraft and sorcery. But along side of doing our spiritual raising of Africa we should be working in the fields and building infrastructure for the people. War is always two parts, Peace and War together. In times of war prepare for peace and in time of peace prepare for war. We should practice spiritual warfare but peacebuilding should be the focus, building infrastructure. Let doom come as it may be don't fear no enemy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-yonOU7IL8

Love,

Sango.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 1:19am On Apr 10, 2015
Ngugi wa Thiong’o

“Our lives are a battlefield on which is fought a continuous war between the forces that are pledged to confirm our humanity and those determined to dismantle it; those who strive to build a protective wall around it, and those who wish to pull it down; those who seek to mould it and those committed to breaking it up; those who aim to open our eyes, to make us see the light and look to tomorrow and those who wish to lull us into closing our eyes”

Wish to lull us into sleep
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 8:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Small markets make it difficult for investors and businesses to make large scale investments and are thus a constraint to the economic development of states. As a consequence of the significant limitations placed on free movement of goods the potential for intra-African trade remains significantly untapped and pan-African business underdeveloped.

undecided
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 12, 2015
Speaking of Pan Africanism, here is a worthwhile cause for the freedom of Papua New Guinea from colonial oppression

https://www.nairaland.com/2246534/join-nigerian-pan-african-group-solidarity
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 12:16am On Apr 17, 2015
Julius K. Nyerere

“African nationalism is meaningless, dangerous, anachronistic, if it is not, at the same time, pan-Africanism”
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gobonimo123: 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2016

You call those hungry dogs business men you gotta be smoking an old Koran. We have millions of Somalis trying to get into our shores on top of the millions currently here. They seem to think this is heaven and we distaste them. Hope you are being realistic when you call them business men. You better help your fellow country men get to your EU, US they are really an eye sore here.

your government needs somalis without us you would have been living in slums we built eastleigh from slums to business hub lol cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by thinkafricanet: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2018
Rafikizolo:

Axum.. This isn't about being black. This is about building a peaceful and prosperous Africa. It does not matter the ethnic or cultural makeup of the country. Some of the most successful countries in the world are those that are the most diverse and welcoming of immigrants from different backgrounds. USA, Australia, UK Part of the success of the United Arab Emirates rapid development was their openness int heir economic growth and allowing workers from all over the world to get visas to come live and work there. Now only 39% of the residents of the UAE are Arab (both UAE citizens and people from other Arab countries. UAE arabs are only 16% of the country).

Meanwhile Somalia, one of the most homogenous countries on Earth is the single most lawless, dangerous and impoverished country in all of Africa, despite how much you boast about how great your people once were. The Romans, Greeks and Ottomans were once great, but all empires fall, and yours seems to have fallen the farthest. Call yourself whatever you want to. I don't care if you're black or not, we can agree that you are African, and it has been proven time and time again in the modern era that those who embrace diversity can succeed at far higher rates than those who close themselves off from the world (especially their neighbors).

you mean well, but this is oversimplistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Probz(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
Because most black peoples have a deeply rooted inferiority complex. And it’s not entirely without cause.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by anonymous6(f): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
Rafikizolo:
Hi friends, I have lurked on this site for a long time but decided to create an account today after some recent disturbing and disheartening posts I've seen in the culture section these past few weeks (not going to name people or even the threads I am referring to).
I am a Kenyan-American (dual citizenship) who has lived in South Africa and the United States and visits Kenya regularly. Admittedly, in all these countries, all of the Africans I associate with are fairly progressive so maybe I have a few misconceptions about the things I'm about to discuss here.

In all my time, I've never seen so much illegitimate and unprovoked childishness and hatred from people as I have on this forum with the exception of radical white nationalist groups like the KKK and Stormfront, etc. I'm being very serious right now. People on this forum are better at spitting hatred towards black people than some white neo-nazis, and WE ARE BLACK.

I'm not saying everyone on this forum is like this of course, but why are there so many people who are? Why attack South Africans/Kenyans and tear-down their looks and cultures because you're Nigerian and feel that you are superior? Why dehumanize "bantus" because you are Somali and feel that you're different and more culturally/genetically advanced? None of it makes sense, and one offense is not better than the other. Why must posts that are dedicated to praising our beautiful African women always devolve into tribalistic nonsense?

I'm only 20 years old, but in my opinion, no functioning adult should even be involved in a debate about which country has the most beautiful women... everybody knows they've seen both ugly women and pretty women everywhere they go, and it doesn't matter what you think anyway. Right now there is a white guy somewhere who only finds Swiss women attractive and will swear on his life that they are the most beautiful people in the world, but obviously everyone here would probably disagree with him. Nobody here who thinks, Nigerian/Ghanian/Angolan/Somali/Kenyan/Tanzanian/etc women are the most beautiful are any more correct than that white man.

All of these unnecessary divisions are foolish in my opinion. National identities are created and destroyed constantly. 100 years ago, there was no Kenyan national identity, no Nigerian identity, no Malawian identity, there wasn't a Pakistani identity or a South Korean identity either. And 1000 years ago there wasn't even an overarching black identity in Africa. All of these internet wars that are fought between nations are so arbitrary. Right now countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Burundi are working towards a political and economic union to form a new country, while leaders of the African union are constantly working towards African unity and have spoken in favor of creating a unified African state. Why are people on here so backwards?

When I listen to Nigerian music or South African music I do not feel inferior or jealous or unworthy. I feels so proud. I feel proud of all African achievements. Yet some people on here have written posts claiming that Nigeria is the best country because it has the best music and everyone else is jealous and it has the biggest economy and is therefore untouchable and all other African countries are sub-par and nobody can match Nigeria's excellence etc, etc. By that "logic", the United States is undeniably the best country in the entire world and every African country can suck it (including Nigeria) because the United States has the most popular musicians in the world (and that's not changing any time soon) and has the world's largest economy (Nigeria isn't even in the top 25 largest world economies).

So please, can we move on from this childishness? As Kenyan, i see all African people as my brothers (even Cushites, idk what Axum says) and I know literally dozens, perhaps hundreds of people who see things the same way. So why so much foolishness here? We are all family. One Africa, One Fate.

There is never going to be a one state africa, it is impossible, to many complications. I think when it comes to African unity when it comes to african countries doing business with each other will work but thats where it ends. To be honest I prefer it that way for many reasons, the argument that we are all black should be the reason is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by BlackKenichi(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2018
anonymous6:

There is never going to be a one state africa, it is impossible, to many complications. I think when it comes to African unity when it comes to african countries doing business with each other will work but thats where it ends. To be honest I prefer it that way for many reasons, the argument that we are all black should be the reason is ridiculous.
Great post!
A Pan-African superstate united peacfully with one language, one president and one currency is just fantasy. If Europe a much more prosperous, less corrupt and more organised continent couldn't make the EU (it's current 'superstate' incarnation) with it's one peaceful president and one currency format, work, there's no way that a Pan-African superstate can work.
The only way a Pan-African superstate can work is under a war time monarch (not an el presidente)

What Africa needs is trade more specifically intra-continental trade. Africa has the lowest out of the continents
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/how-a-single-market-will-transform-africa-s-economy/
Trade is crucial to development. Unfortunately, Africa currently has the lowest percentage of intra-regional trade in the world at 18%, compared with 70% in Europe, 55% in North America, 45% in Asia, and 35% in Latin America.
The AU should facilitate and encourage Pan-African trade not false unity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.