Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead (20835 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Hits UNIMAID Warning: Graphic Pictures / Bomb Blast In Yobe Market, Many Confirmed Dead (PHOTO) / Bomb Blast Rocks Yola Market, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
woodcook:
John Wesley, Anglican cleric and Christian theologian largely credited, along with his brother Charles Wesley, as founding the Methodist movement (1703-91) wrote: “Ever since the religion of Islam appeared in the world, the espousers of it...have been as wolves and tigers to all other nations, rending and tearing all that fell into their merciless paws, and grinding them with their iron teeth; that numberless cities are raised from the foundation, and only their name remaining; that many countries, which were once as the garden of God, are now a desolate wilderness; and that so many once numerous and powerful nations are vanished from the earth! Such was, and is at this day, the rage, the fury, the revenge, of these destroyers of human kind”.

Alexis de Tocqueville wrote of Islam: “"I studied the Kuran a great deal ... I came away from that study with the conviction that by and large there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammed. As far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world, and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion infinitely more to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself."

This is insightful.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=Kingspin post=29670881][/quote]

Absurdity in the highest order. The people you mentioned in your submission were not illiterates. They were all educated. Mind you your presidential candidate have not shown NIGERIANS his certificates. It's obvious he and his APC party are deliberately being deceptive. I pity this nation if they ever manage to get this old general into power.

So as from today you can go to Shell, apply for a job telling them in your CV that you have 1st class and when asked to present the original certificate, you can give them an affidavit and tell them the originals are with your former employer, if they wish to see it they could write to your former employer. Then let me know the outcome.
I think some of our youths are abysmally more illiterate than this old general.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Gentlebabs(m): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
"But from the beginning, it was not so..."
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
danaiks:
Did you know that in 1983, Chief Obafemi Awolowo contested at the age of 74 while Chief Nnamdi Azikiwe contested in 1979 at 75? Did you know that Ronald Reagan became US president at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each? Just last December, Tunisia sworn in Beji Caid Essebsi as their President. Did you know how old is he? President Essebsi is 88 years old. The election that brought him in as president was the first free and fair presidential election since the country (Tunisia ) gained independence in 1956. If a 72 years old grand “Pa” (as the haters called him) can give me constant electricity, guarantee maximum security (stop the killings up North), put food on my table and stop corruption that a 57 years old young man who is suffering from an inferiority complex can not give then I will be a very big fool to refuse such CHANGE. So those making noise about BUHARI’s age should shut the hell up and give in for a great change.

SAI BUHARI

Absurdity in the highest order. The people you mentioned in your submission were not illiterates. They were all educated. Mind you your presidential candidate have not shown NIGERIANS his certificates. It's obvious he and his APC party are deliberately being deceptive. I pity this nation if they ever manage to get this old general into power.

So as from today you can go to Shell, apply for a job telling them in your CV that you have 1st class and when asked to present the original certificate, you can give them an affidavit and tell them the originals are with your former employer, if they wish to see it they could write to your former employer. Then let me know the outcome.
I think some of our youths are abysmally more illiterate than this old general.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babadee1(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
As far as Jonathan is concerned Borno is no longer part of Nigeria again, he has surrendered that place to Boko Haram.
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by babestella: 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
Raiders:
so what is the responsibility of the Nigeria government? The last time I checked, GEJ took an oath to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians. How would you feel if your relatives was killed because the president didn't do his job by providing security

So what if he swore to an oath to protect you. Will he also protect the girl her father personally donated to boko haram to be used as a suicide bomber? Or your neighbour who just joined boko haram and is set to blow himself up in the Market during business hours. Please you guys should get off this sentiment. GEJ cannot protect everyone. I see people blame GEJ even when they can't impregnate their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Raiders: 1:08am On Jan 11, 2015
babestella:

So what if he swore to an oath to protect you. Will he also protect the girl her father personally donated to boko haram to be used as a suicide bomber? Or your neighbour who just joined boko haram and is set to blow himself up in the Market during business hours. Please you guys should get off this sentiment. GEJ cannot protect everyone. I see people blame GEJ even when they can't impregnate their wives.
you sound like an educated dude so stop being ignorant. Nigerians like you don't know how to hold their leaders accountable for their actions. This boko haram insurgency having been going on for 6 yrs and over 10,000 Nigerians killed and many more injured. The federal government has to do more to end the violence and arrest or kill the people responsible for it. GEJ is incharge of the police and army so its his responsibility to protect lives of Nigeria not me. do we have to wait till your relatives get hurt, killed or kidnapped by boko haran before you start holding the government responsible for failing to protect Nigerians?
Re: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead by Faposky95: 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
let's continue.it's funny dat we av ppl calling kettles black, wen simultaneously their pots get darker.we cant do shit if our so called political messiahs leave us in limbo after their tenure.
SHAME!!!!!!!
Instead of callingand praying out loud against the sins in the land we choose to ejoy the spectacle.
Im a youth, but if all came to one, we av failed- morally, socially, religiously,......
Painfully im one of YOU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shell-nigeria Shuts Down TNP Carrying Bonny Light / Ortom Imposes Dusk Till Dawn Curfew In Gboko / Where I Fault Ganduje Bribe Video By Shuaib Gara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.