Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church (20026 Views)

Here Is What ECWA Church President Have To Say About Kaduna Killings / Kaduna: ECWA Church Donates Foodstuff To Muslim For Ramadan / I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Chidexter(m): 6:44am On Jan 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
Like he said, a public structure that old is seen as a national heritage and should be protected. A kind word from both men he mentioned could make the UDB pull back their bulldozers or wrecking ball.

No, Buhari cannot give order, not even persuasion, to a Katsina state ministry.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by highmood(m): 6:44am On Jan 11, 2015
Gradually God will be exposing some desperate and fanatical Muslim politicians who detest other religions and are hell bent in Islamizing this country.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by noblealuu: 6:45am On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by rman: 6:47am On Jan 11, 2015
If it is because a road needs to be constructed through that land then the Church has to go.

However, adequate compensation or proper relocation by the state government should be done before demolition.

I have seen so many churches and mosques preventing dualisation of important roads in state capitals because of unnecessary religious sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by jentlsoul: 6:48am On Jan 11, 2015
zizazizu:
I know that church! It is one of the few heritages in Nigerian history and a very key heritage in ECWA history.

And then there is a Buhari who is busy entering churches in the south and in the east while turning a blind eye on the churches directly under his nose in Katsina.

Goodluck can't do anything because if he intervenes, they will say it's because he is a Christian.

I hate all the politics going on right now!

All of it! On both camps!

Just save this church. We Christians in the North do feel sometimes that we are counted as sheep for the slaughter for the Muslims to plunder and the Christians in other parts of Nigeria to sacrifice.
@least muslim to some level tolerate xtians sine b4 independent and allow churches to be build in their domain. What about d SE/SS? Their fanatism and extremist will nt allow that

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Vado(m): 6:50am On Jan 11, 2015
Smh.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Emmanuel602(m): 6:51am On Jan 11, 2015
North and it's religiously biased development. Same thing happened in zamfara state and over one year after the demolition, they haven't even started the road construction
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by jentlsoul: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
highmood:
Gradually God will be exposing some desperate and fanatical Muslim politicians who detest other religions and are hell bent in Islamizing this country.
muslim even tolerate that even b4 independent what about d SE/SE xtian do they allow mosque to be built in places even in this 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by PassingShot(m): 6:53am On Jan 11, 2015
While this is a wrong step and should be condemned we equally have to wonder how many people on this forum condemned demolition of mosques in Anambra state a few years ago.

It was disheartening to see people here jubilating and even calling for destruction of mosques across the SE/SS regions. If you didn't condemn that but now condemning this, that is HYPOCRISY!

4 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by unmask: 6:54am On Jan 11, 2015
Smh.... And all the comments so far to save the church has been because "it is a monument"..... Not one person has talked about it being a place to worship God..... Christians you all are deceiving yourselves and it is quite a shame.... Cos hell fire is awaiting a lot of you.......

The church isn't in buildings, monuments or structures, the church is in you i.e if you know what being a Christian truly means....... So if they want to demolish it, then fine..... Just pray and move on.

And if it is truly because of a road it has to go, then what are we crying about......

Think about it if you had a piece of land and you had to choose between building a church/mosque or a hospital, what would you choose?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Shehucom(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2015
who complained when Fashola was demolishing mosques in Lagos.. Amosun did same in Abeokuta, EL rufai demolished in abuja... all in d name of road construction... Now just because its a church in katsina, this bigots are at it again... forward ever....

BTW who even cares if d church is 1000yrs

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by MicroBox: 6:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Politics... PDP at work, at this point in time no staff nor ministry is really doing any project. every body is busy about reelection of self or political godfather, Every one know that with this intention by some element of sabotage, it could distract Buhari election campaign in such away that credible christian voters and commentator would be busy condemning the act and turning deaf hear to APC good will campaign....

#POSITIVECHANGENIJA
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nutase: 6:57am On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by omenka(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2015
Jarus:

No, Buhari cannot give order, not even persuasion, to a Katsina state ministry.
No one is asking him to "order", just a word of advice especially given the mood of the nation. I have no doubt in my mind if the places a call across, they would wanna review their decision.

On the flip side, there is no gainsaying some powerful men in Abuja would wanna use this to score some political points given the idea of "Buhari is intolerant of Christianity" they've been trying to force down the throat of Nigerians. Although the lie is fast fading, they might wanna use the opportunity to revamp it. These men, who are christians, would use their influence to ensure that the church is demolished and then try to rope the general into the mess given that it happened in his state. Trust Nigerians to fall for stuffs like that.

This is a very sloppy and slippery issue. It would no doubt go "political". I would advice the general makes some effort at intervening and his campaign team ensure one way or another, Nigerians get to know of the effort he made regardless of the outcome.

I don't trust PDP especially with the loudmouths Okupe and FFK. I'm expecting them to start tweeting rubbish about the incident and how it relates to "Buhari's fanatical disposition" soon.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by olawalebabs(m): 7:00am On Jan 11, 2015
Jarus:
I think in the interest of national sensitivity, Katsina SG should drop this. At least we can pretend to be blind to Fashola pulling down mosque in government secretariat two or three years ago.

Meanwhile, before the anti-GMB elements come here to shout, let me remind them upfront that the current Kastina SG is a PDP government.

This is just a ploy to label north and Buhari in particular as anti Christian, what the government intend to demolish is the fence of the church that was recently constructed illegally. Simon Kolawole clarify it in his thisday column this morning.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/re-election-and-talks-of-armageddon/198855/

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by jayuuk: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2015
Please the two parties ought to think twice on the resonance effect of this action,we hv a mosque here in owerri precisely along Douglas Rd,the hausa community lives there,they even hv a saraki,they hv gradually taken over a large expanse of land there and turned the place to a slum,no approval from the Government or even the local land owners is in place,a road passed through the area which they hv built up shops and its now narrow,no one seriously bothers them,the land owners have been making serious legal moves to take over their land but the present Government have been too nice to this hausa community. The should let the ECWA church remain Where it is or face similar actions down east here,this notice they served the church will certainly be viewed as moslem christian faceoff,the country is boiling right now,they ought to let peace rule.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by bajosky: 7:09am On Jan 11, 2015
Hydrogen9R:
Hydro review
1.Nigerians geTting rid of their history
2.Jonathan can't do anything this will bring more hate to him
3.it like Buhari's plan he will later intervain to gain more reputation
4.this due to election a result to get Christians against GEJ

Please lets not drag Gej into this , cos d urban comission is a state own . now let the governor intervene or Gmb who is an indigene conderme the act to prove that islamization is not a collective intended secret agenda of all muslim leaders in nigeria .

lets watch & see so we in d south clamouring for change should have a re-think

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Austin4lif: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
If the church is that old but still habitable, I think they should preserve it for the purposes of history instead of destroying it.
APC never win o, churches are now being destroyed. Omenka, God will nt forgive u for supporting Buhari. APC Is a disaster that must be stopped in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by highmood(m): 7:15am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
muslim even tolerate that even b4 independent what about d SE/SE xtian do they allow mosque to be built in places even in this 21st century.
have they attempted to build and they were asked not to build. Are the mosque in owerri, umuahia, onitsha, enugu been demolished? Question u should be asking is who are those to be worshiping in them if they were to be built in the southeast when it is clear they are predominantly Christians?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
No one is asking him to "order", just a word of advice especially given the mood of the nation. I have no doubt in my mind if the places a call across, they would wanna review their decision.

On the flip side, there is no gainsaying some powerful men in Abuja would wanna use this to score some political points given the idea of "Buhari is intolerant of Christianity" they've been trying to force down the throat of Nigerians. Although the lie is fast fading, they might wanna use the opportunity to revamp it. These men, who are christians, would use their influence to ensure that the church is demolished and then try to rope the general into the mess given that it happened in his state. Trust Nigerians to fall for stuffs like that.

This is a very sloppy and slippery issue. It would no doubt go "political". I would advice the general makes some effort at intervening and his campaign team ensure one way or another, Nigerians get to know of the effort he made regardless of the outcome.

I don't trust PDP especially with the loudmouths Okupe and FFK. I'm expecting them to start tweeting rubbish about the incident and how it relates to "Buhari's fanatical disposition" soon.

FFK and Okupe can tweet anything, but they can only fool idiots. How can anyone blame Buhari for an action of a PDP governor?

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by omenka(m): 7:19am On Jan 11, 2015
Austin4lif:
APC never win o, churches are now being destroyed. Omenka, God will nt forgive u for supporting Buhari. APC Is a disaster that must be stopped in 2015.
If I call you a fool they would say I'm being abusive. Ibrahim Shema is the Governor of the State and he's in PDP. What has APC or Buhari got to do with a PDP governor destroying a church

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by oluwapitson: 7:20am On Jan 11, 2015
The demolition of this ECWA church in kastina is a deliberate attempt to persecute the Christians.
see I had the opportunity to serve in the north; sokoto to b precise. The demolition of churches by the government there is no news. the Christian communities in the north are facing serious persecutions not just by the people buh by the government as well. we all see this nation as one but they dont. Please lets continue to pray for the christians in the north. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ajayik3: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@ op am not in support of demolition of church in katsina bu let me ask u how many mosque they allow to stand in SS and SE? U hypocrite.
think b4 u talk old man

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Austin4lif: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
If I call you a fool they would say I'm being abusive. Ibrahim Shema is the Governor of the State and he's in PDP. What has APC or Buhari got to do with a PDP governor destroying a church
if i call u a hooligan,thug and a confused Nigerian youth, pple will say TAN or Kayode is paying me. Katsina is APC but Buhari can still intervene in d matter. Mr omenka, all these time u spent online supporting APC, use it and look for job,if u are student use d tym and read.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by omenka(m): 7:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Austin4lif:
if i call u a hooligan,thug and a confused Nigerian youth, pple will say TAN or Kayode is paying me. Katsina is APC but Buhari can still intervene in d matter. Mr omenka all these time u spent online supporting APC, use it and look for job,if u are student use d tym and read.
Just imagine the kind of guy I'm joining issues with. Bros abeg no vex oo, na mistake I do. I dey sorry.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Austin4lif: 7:37am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
Just imagine the kind of guy I'm joining issues with. Bros abeg no vex oo, na mistake I do. I dey sorry.
iddiot I mean PDP. Omenka , I can match u word to words.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Debonair01: 7:38am On Jan 11, 2015
Its been some time since i commented on Nairaland, mainly because i feel too much foolishness and rash statements are beginning to flood here.

First off.. i am christian, and never being to Kastina state, but let me ask a question,

DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT "STOP NOTICE" MEANS?

You can not put a stop notice on a competed building... a demolition notice is put. So the question should be, what work exactly is being done in and around the said church currently. If we are told the full story, only then should any reasonable person make a comment for or against the stop order. What exactly is the notice asking to be stopped?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Akshow: 7:50am On Jan 11, 2015
PDP at it again. ur divide rule tactics will not work. I thought katsina is a PDP state? Shema should do the needful and oritsejefor should find another means of earning his pay check from the govt. This has nothing to do with Buhari or APC and in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Buhari and Osinbajo will win.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ptolemy247(m): 7:58am On Jan 11, 2015
Countries around the world are turning structures like this into heritage sites while we are demolishing ours...like Mr. Uduaghan demolishing a heritage structure (a structure of the ekumeku war) and building an irrelevant cross-over bridge...SMH...Turkey is a muslim state but they still reserve some of ancient Christian churches...

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cirmuell(m): 8:00am On Jan 11, 2015
cheesy somebody who know 'em better warn 'em, this ain't just any church. They'l fight you with everything they've got you'ld wish you never thought about it(they never lose any of their battle). Asking for permit from a church that's older than you and the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu / Ghana Bishop Sam Owusu Apologizes To Jerry Eze / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.