Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church (20030 Views)

Here Is What ECWA Church President Have To Say About Kaduna Killings / Kaduna: ECWA Church Donates Foodstuff To Muslim For Ramadan / I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by condralbede(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@ op am not in support of demolition of church in katsina bu let me ask u how many mosque they allow to stand in SS and SE? U hypocrite.
Ode whr do u knw in SS/SEhv ur fact before u start spewing poo here.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by lomprico(m): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@ op am not in support of demolition of church in katsina bu let me ask u how many mosque they allow to stand in SS and SE? U hypocrite.
Have u ever heard of a musque being demolished in the SS or SE?

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by kheart(m): 8:03am On Jan 11, 2015
sbaks:
You see this is what I've been saying all these while, islamists whether pdp, or apshits are BLOODY FANATICS! Nigeria say NO to islamism

Thought same happen in lagos, so because fashola is a muslim n demolish mosque u dnt find anything wrong wit wat he did. Hmm
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Ekans: 8:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Op, stop feeding us with lies.Read thisday or vanguard news papers of 11/1/15 and get the correct gist.A new fence built by the church without approval is marked for demolition.The said fence, is obstructing peoples right of way. Lies like this cause religious hatred. Meanwhile, I am a christian.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by chocmanne(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2015
Debonair01:
Its been some time since i commented on Nairaland, mainly because i feel too much foolishness and rash statements are beginning to flood here.

First off.. i am christian, and never being to Kastina state, but let me ask a question,

DO YOU ALL KNOW WHAT "STOP NOTICE" MEANS?

You can not put a stop notice on a competed building... a demolition notice is put. So the question should be, what work exactly is being done in and around the said church currently. If we are told the full story, only then should any reasonable person make a comment for or against the stop order. What exactly is the notice asking to be stopped?
may God Almighty bless you and everything you have..... some people don't make findings before they post their comments. They're currently constructing a new fence round the church Which the government claim they were not permitted to do so......

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by MansaMoussa: 8:35am On Jan 11, 2015
A Court Injunction might help!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Abbey2sam(m): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2015
I laugh when I read things like this......God is alive

Our God liveth, he will surely fight his battle by himself
we cannot not fight his battle, we can only try

destroy the house of God and have your household to your generations destroyed
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ceeceeco: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2015
I dnt wana say; picture of d church or Adonblivit, but @least u guys shuld've shown d pix. Every picture tels a story.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ogene007: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
If I call you a fool they would say I'm being abusive. Ibrahim Shema is the Governor of the State and he's in PDP. What has APC or Buhari got to do with a PDP governor destroying a church

When it comes to the islamization project for nigeria, there is no PDP or APC, they all work together for their evil common goal, the party is simply a means to an end. An average northern muslim pays more attention to his faith than the constitution, and this also applies to GMB and his APC co-Jihadists. May God forgive and deliver all these gullible and insensitive christians in the south who are supporting GMB and APC in their Jihadists project, they are the ones who have been deceived by the massive APC propaganda machinery. By the mercy of the Lord Almighty, the Jihadists will not take over power in Nigeria. GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by joideviv(m): 8:41am On Jan 11, 2015
The head of the urban and regional planning board displayed an act of ineptitudeness and knowledge in lacking to say that a building of 99 years old doesn't meet up with the state plan. Let me take you back to history to back up my claim. There is no town planning in other protectorate/regions in Nigeria except in Lagos until 1924 when town planning committees was set up in Northern and southern provinces. In 1946 Nigeria Town and Country planning ordinance (ordinance No 4) was promulgated in reformation of the Lagos town planning ordinance of 1863. All this ordinance except that of Lagos ordinance was never conceived 99 years ago. In urban planning there is what we call 'economic impact access program,' where you plan by taking inventory of what is obtainable in that environment and making you master plan to accommodate such structures and reservation. Sorry to say this...our policy makers lack the adequate skills and experience in planning, it must be multi-discipline in approach and futuristic.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mustymatic(m): 8:52am On Jan 11, 2015
sbaks:
You see this is what I've been saying all these while, islamists whether pdp, or apshits are BLOODY FANATICS! Nigeria say NO to islamism
For anybody to go and kill people in churches, in mosques, in motor parks and shout 'Allah’, he is saying what he does not believe.
It is not religion, it is just anarchy, it is just
terrorism.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mustymatic(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2015
Ekans:
Op, stop feeding us with lies.Read thisday or vanguard news papers of 11/1/15 and get the correct gist.A new fence built by the church without approval is marked for demolition.The said fence, is obstructing peoples right of way. Lies like this cause religious hatred. Meanwhile, I am a christian.
Good Christian, na him dey cause crisis in our beloved country.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mustymatic(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2015
kheart:

Thought same happen in lagos, so because fashola is a muslim n demolish mosque u dnt find anything wrong wit wat he did. Hmm
These Christians keep saying that Muslims r violent and what they utter is virtually wat propagates crisis
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mustymatic(m): 8:59am On Jan 11, 2015
kheart:

These Christians keep saying that Muslims r violent and what they utter is virtually wat propagates crisis..
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by begwong: 9:05am On Jan 11, 2015
Ekans:
You must be a hypocrate! what right of way is the fence obstructing? Churches and other places of worships were authorised to protect their places of worship against terrorist/insurgents attacks,and if a fence was built for that purpose what is your problem?
Check out almost all mosques/churches in the north now,all have created a means of protecting their places of worship.
The suicide bomber that attempted to bomb ECWA church Gombe last week could not have access to the church because it was fenced and she has to follow thru the only entrance/exit of the church and she wasnt lucky to accomplish her evil mission as the bomb got detonated right there at the gate.Imagine what would have happened if the church wasnt fenced!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by watered(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2015
And bigots and drunkards are telling me to vote Buhari in next month's polls. NEVER will Buhari rule this nation. I say no to any form of religious bigotry and ethnocentrism.

GEJ_2015

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by egbamio: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2015
According to this report, what the board want is for the church to get an approval for the building to avoid demolitions. Let the church respect itself and apply for the approval first before crying foul.

NB: This comment is from a Christian.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 11, 2015
I think I saw where dey wrote dat, d road construction with pass through d centre of d Church building. if d govt is sincere with dis reason therefore, d time d Church has existed as a reason for not acting same doesn't hold to me. I think we should rather watch d sincerity of d govt intention rather dan viewing it from religious perspective. if dat is well established, d law should b followed appropriately.

let us avoid tinz dat spike d drums of war and ethno religious incitements. War serves no purpose other dan laying waste d lives of woman and children, properties which sends societies back to ancient times.

Clausewitz has said dat d horrors of war are often buried with d bones of d victims
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by acada111(f): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2015
ProfessorPeter:
Expect more of such demolition in the country as soon as the chief terrorist becomes the president of Nigeria

God bless you.....i never knew Christians could be so blind lipsrsealed
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by myproperty(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@least muslim to some level tolerate xtians sine b4 independent and allow churches to be build in their domain. What about d SE/SS? Their fanatism and extremist will nt allow that

No you are very wrong or you just want to defend your intolerance. When you talk about the religion that tolerates other people religion, you cant take it away from the Christians. Please do not talk about Muslims tolerating Christians and Christians not tolerating Muslims. there are Mosque in both SS and SE and have you ever heard of mosque being demolished or destroyed in those regions even at the face of intolerance of northern muslim's killing of Christians and destruction of Churches in the north? You can only say there are few Mosque in SE/SS. There are by far much more Christian in the north( in fact every state in the north have a considerable amount of her natives that are Christians) than Muslims in the SS/SE. So naturally there cannot be much Mosque in the South in comparison to the number of Churches in the north. Put on you TV set and listen to news, you would know the religion that is more tolerant and the one that is consistence with intolerance
The Bible say "they come to kill, to steal and to destroy"
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by felibrain: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2015
Foolish Christians who are shouting APC APC should expect more of this if Buhari is elected. The islamization of Nigeria is the key focus.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Ekans: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2015
begwong:

You must be a hypocrate! what right of way is the fence obstructing? Churches and other places of worships were authorised to protect their places of worship against terrorist/insurgents attacks,and if a fence was built for that purpose what is your problem?
Check out almost all mosques/churches in the north now,all have created a means of protecting their places of worship.
The suicide bomber that attempted to bomb ECWA church Gombe last week could not have access to the church because it was fenced and she has to follow thru the only entrance/exit of the church and she wasnt lucky to accomplish her evil mission as the bomb got detonated right there at the gate.Imagine what would have happened if the church wasnt fenced!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by didactic70: 11:09am On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@least muslim to some level tolerate xtians sine b4 independent and allow churches to be build in their domain. What about d SE/SS? Their fanatism and extremist will nt allow that
I think u got all wrong here.Nobody ever stopped muslims from building their mosques.Rather they never evangelized that far.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Ekans: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2015
begwong:

. No need to insult.I believe no one stopped the church from erecting a fence, but in doing so, dont obstruct peoples right of way.We try to be more Christian than the pope in Nigeria while darkness and evil rules the heart.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Aspireahead(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2015
Ekans:
. No need to insult.I believe no one stopped the church from erecting a fence, but in doing so, dont obstruct peoples right of way.We try to be more Christian than the pope in Nigeria while darkness and evil rules the heart.
how will the road pass inside the church without its demolition?
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ogtavia(m): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
I dnt knw if d building has structural challenges or poses any threat as a potential death trap in case of a foreseen collapse,however,if d excuse d government is giving is that it doesn't follow urban plan and d government wants to build a road through it,then something is suspicious,...our government here in Nigeria is known for its impunity and utter disregard for rule of law,so there is no way one would say it is right or defend it for marking d church building for demolition.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by anonimi: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jarus:

No, Buhari cannot give order, not even persuasion, to a Katsina state ministry.

Because he is an ordinary citizen or because he is a former HoS and PTF Chairman who has mobilised people and funds for three failed presidential elections
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by davywillis: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
If that church has seen 99, it will see 100, He that keepeth Israel neither sleeps nor slumbers.

3 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by win1234: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
expect more when suicide bombers will be conveyed from yobe to calabar by federal agency, say no to islamization of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cosmatika(m): 12:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
My good friends please I charge you to spare a
time each day to pray for our northern christians.
There is a thirty-year plan to systematically wipe
out Christianity from northern Nigeria. It is no
longer hidden. And as they implement this plan
through a violent means in the north, they are also
implementing it in the south through a non-violent
means. As am writing this now Islam is winning
Igbos in Abakaliki, Afikpo and other parts of
Igboland with money! They have built the biggest
islamic school in Ebonyi state (if you doubt me ask
anybody in Afikpo or Abakaliki). And once they
wipe out Christianity from the north, they will face
the south with violence, by that time they have
won many converts in Igboland who they will use.
People say it is not possible because they don't
know the people we are dealing with. Our Christian
brethren underestimate muslims cos they don't
know Islam. They don't know their tactics and
modes of action. Go and read the history of
Turkey. It's a country that was once 100%
Christians but today Islam have systematically
overthrown Christianity. Do you know that the
seven churches that Jesus Christ asked John the
baptist to write letter to were all in Turkey? Oh! I
have many facts that I may not share here. Fellow
believers it's time! Let's wake up! If you are still
sleeping/backsliding, wake up! As for our ladies
who date and sleep with muslim guys and the
Alhajis, I pity you! May God open your eyes to see
what they are doing with your spirit and destiny. If
you like believe it. If you like, don't believe but the
fact is that APC is part of OIC and Muslim World
League agenda. Guys it is so saddening yet it's
true that muslims are smarter than Christians
every where. The earlier we wake up the safer we
shall be. Lastly, rapture will soon take place when
people never expected it. Repent now, accept
Jesus Christ in your lives. I have delivered the
message.

2 Likes

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
These bastarrds, will they do that to their mosques? Fvcking retarrds.

1 Like

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by thewarrior72: 1:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nothing know here,all muslims are terrorists, just like ISIL demolished all the churches in Iraq Syria.
More reason for every Christian to distance him/herself from APC & buhari cry undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders! / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.