Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church (20029 Views)

Here Is What ECWA Church President Have To Say About Kaduna Killings / Kaduna: ECWA Church Donates Foodstuff To Muslim For Ramadan / I've Come To Demolish Money Gospel In Nigeria - Kenyan Prophet (2) (3) (4)

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 1:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@least muslim to some level tolerate xtians sine b4 independent and allow churches to be build in their domain. What about d SE/SS? Their fanatism and extremist will nt allow that

Please substantiate your claim with facts and figures. The reverse of what you said is actually the case.

Please provide evidence of just 3 mosques that have been demolished in the South-South and South East and give us the names of just 2 Imams that have been murdered in these regions by so-called Christian extremists.

I invite adherents of the NL Religion section to post accounts of churches sacked and burnt down, and Pastors and their families murdered in the entire North, including nearly even Islam-Christian states like Plateau, Niger, Nassarawa and Kaduna, and dominant Christian states like Benue, Taraba and Adamawa
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by otokx(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2015
Its a PDP governor in Katsina state.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Shehucom:

BTW who even cares if d church is 1000yrs

[size=14pt]We care!!!!!!![/size]

Today, Nigerians (Muslims and Christians) pay top dollars like idiots to go and strut around the Notre Dame church in Paris, St Georges Chapel in London, and St Peter's Basilica in Rome, the Byzantine/Ottoman mosque in Istanbul, and the Dome on the Rock Mosque at Jerusalem because those countries preserved ancient places of worship. At home, and in our backward thinking we set bulldozers to destroy ours.

We oppose this planned destruction of the 99 yr old ECWA church in the same way we oppose the destruction of Ancient Islamic Libraries in Timbuktu and Goa in Mali, by ISIS in Maghreb marauders and murderers in Mali.

*** MENTAL SLAVERY IS THE WORST FORM OF SLAVERY ***

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mmsen: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
99 years is hardly 'ancient'.

Old buildings are razed all the time for the purposes of urban renewal/development.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by ochoi(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
Buhari isn't d 1 who gave d notice and secondly ds has ntin 2 do wit d muslims, d issue is btw d state govt and d church.secondly 4rm wht was said I didn't see where d issue of demolition came in. They were asked 2 provide d relevent documents 2 d land whch 2 him is d usual practice in most towns in nigeria regardless of d building weda residential or place of worship. I say ds because am also facing d same issue on my site nw in my own state.most of ds town planners go arnd town issuing such notic because they nid money so we shld pls dn't allow sentiment becloud our sense of judgement and stop accusing d innocent ones wrong. All d church nids 2 do is 2 present d relevant documents or take up d case wit d state govt
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 2:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
mmsen:

Old buildings are razed all the time for the purposes of urban renewal/development.

Considering our rather short history as a nation (about 100 yrs old), that church was built at the dawn of Nigeria's birth.
It should not be destroyed. As a nation, we have to start from somewhere, by preserving things. Eventually, after hundreds of years, they will become ancient.

It is a terrible habit as a nation to raze old buildings, especially those with history behind them. Go and look at Brazilian quarters and Campos Street, in Isale Eko, Lagos Island, you will weep for how Nigeria allows her heritage and linkage with resettled slaves, and exquisitely designed Brazilian architecture are allowed to gradually decay.

In other climes, these will be money spinning tourist attraction.

The Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge built by Fashola in 2013 will become tourist attraction in 3013, that is if myopic people like you do not allow it to decay by 2020, like 3rd Mainland Bridge and then demand that it should be demolished!!!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
ochoi:
All d church nids 2 do is 2 present d relevant documents or take up d case wit d state govt

Please can you show me which 99 year old building in Nigeria today has a building permit signed by a State Governor?
Please think with your brain, and not your heart.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by WINDSOW(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Simple Solution
Let ECWA meet with the governor for leniency bt if he refuses,let the whole church embark on a-3 day fasting n provoke the wrath of GOD on all who wana demolish the house of GOD.
U ll see them deleting one by one

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by shizzle11(m): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
zizazizu:
I know that church! It is one of the few heritages in Nigerian history and a very key heritage in ECWA history.

And then there is a Buhari who is busy entering churches in the south and in the east while turning a blind eye on the churches directly under his nose in Katsina.

Goodluck can't do anything because if he intervenes, they will say it's because he is a Christian.

I hate all the politics going on right now!

All of it! On both camps!

Just save this church. We Christians in the North do feel sometimes that we are counted as sheep for the slaughter for the Muslims to plunder and the Christians in other parts of Nigeria to sacrifice.
You lie!!! We christians in the south love you ande see you as humans, it is only northjernrn muslims that see you as sheeps (arnes) to be slaughtered. This is why you should join every reasonable nigerian to reject and refuse Buhari who is a well known ilsmaic extremist and sympathizer to terrorists as preisdent come feb 14.

GOODLUCK NIGERIA!

Fresh Airrrrrr!!!!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by paradises: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
I served in Kastina and it has been the most peaceful town I ve seen'the only thing there is christian are given space in an area'most of the churches are located in a place'For Ecwa church it will be resolved 'Kastina people are accommodating'even whn boko aram started in 2009'we were under panic bt everything went peaceful whn elders march to the mosque at night to defend the city'the youth also defended it'I love katsina
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by mmsen: 4:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
cuteboy2:

Considering our rather short history as a nation (about 100 yrs old), that church was built at the dawn of Nigeria's birth.
It should not be destroyed. As a nation, we have to start from somewhere, by preserving things. Eventually, after hundreds of years, they will become ancient.

It is a terrible habit as a nation to raze old buildings, especially those with history behind them. Go and look at Brazilian quarters and Campos Street, in Isale Eko, Lagos Island, you will weep for how Nigeria allows her heritage and linkage with resettled slaves, and exquisitely designed Brazilian architecture are allowed to gradually decay.

In other climes, these will be money spinning tourist attraction.

The Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge built by Fashola in 2013 will become tourist attraction in 3013, that is if myopic people like you do not allow it to decay by 2020, like 3rd Mainland Bridge and then demand that it should be demolished!!!

There is no place on this planet that does not raze old buildings.

It does not make sense to try and preserve every building because it has been there for a long time - that will only get in the way of progress.

It is not about allowing buildings to decay and then razing them it is about razing old buildings when it is no longer practical to keep them.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Gboliwe: 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
This is worse than persecution! This is wickedness! These northern muslims and fanaticism? God Almighty, show thy self!

They won't develop their land, and the one the church already developed, they will demolish to frustrate the furtherance of the gospel. God punish all of them one by one.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Salym(m): 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
zizazizu:
I know that church! It is one of the few heritages in Nigerian history and a very key heritage in ECWA history.

And then there is a Buhari who is busy entering churches in the south and in the east while turning a blind eye on the churches directly under his nose in Katsina.

Goodluck can't do anything because if he intervenes, they will say it's because he is a Christian.

I hate all the politics going on right now!

All of it! On both camps!

Just save this church. We Christians in the North do feel sometimes that we are counted as sheep for the slaughter for the Muslims to plunder and the Christians in other parts of Nigeria to sacrifice.
What power does Buhari has over Urban Planning Authority? Must you include him in evey news from the North. The last time I remember Gov Shema is a GEJ loyalist. Let them channel their complain to him. For your information mosques have been demolished several times to give way for road construction. Why do you people hav to turn everything into religious and political issues?
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@ op am not in support of demolition of church in katsina bu let me ask u how many mosque they allow to stand in SS and SE? U hypocrite.
Guy, shut up if you don't have any more thing to say. Have you ever heard of a mosque pulled down. in a christian state before?
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by emmyz09(m): 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
Icon4s:
Really Bad. This is just a tip of the iceberg. By the time power shifts back to the North all the churches in that region would be demolished.

Even the Bible says "Fear North!"

Please let's leave out the religious sentiments, am currently in katsina and I know for a fact that there is a lot of road construction going on here. Its not possible that there is no compensation been given my landlord got compensated for them just touching his flower bed so let's not make it religious.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by rhames(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
cuteboy2:

Kastina State Urban and Regional Planning Board (KSURPB) intends to demolish the 99 years old ECWA Church Headquarters Mission in Mataazu in Mataazu Local Government Area of Katsina State claiming that the church has no approved development permit. The plan, according to Katsina state government says it intends to build a road through the middle of the ancient church compound which contains school, the old church premises, and offices.

A memo conveying the ultimatum entitled: “Stop Notice” from the Katsina State Urban and Regional Planning Board, signed by one Hussain A. Lawal (Development Control Manager) for General Manager dated January 6, 2015, sent to ECWA Trustees accused the church of building without the necessary legal requirements of planning permission from KSURPB or in violation of such permission.

The questions bothering everyone's mind are:

1. How can a 99 yr old church built before Nigeria existed as a nation possess building permit?

2. Katsina landscape is typical sahel arid region, open countryside with enough open and free land which affords for easy detour of this road. Why construct a road straight through such ancient building?

Hey people. The Government has come to say it is not the Church but the fence that is going to be demolished. grin
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Oluabayomi1(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
mmsen:

U really tried bt nt places like place of worship.
Don't b surprise dt nothing ll b built or constructed thr after demolition!
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Oluabayomi1(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
[quote
author=Salym post=29699601]
What power does Buhari has over Urban Planning Authority? Must you
include him in evey news from the North. The last time I remember Gov
Shema is a GEJ loyalist. Let them channel their complain to him. For
your information mosques have been demolished several times to give way
for road construction. Why do you people hav to turn everything into
religious and political issues?[/quote]
Better watch d adjective u use at times coz am nt sure u know what u are saying using several for mosque demolition. Which part of d north is dt coz it's just uncommon
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
kheart:

Thought same happen in lagos, so because fashola is a muslim n demolish mosque u dnt find anything wrong wit wat he did. Hmm
hmmm. So many people in the south don't even know nigerian politics. All the killings in the world in the name of allah is it done by christians? I shouldn't even be talking to your sort sef mtcheeeeeew
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
kheart:

Thought same happen in lagos, so because fashola is a muslim n demolish mosque u dnt find anything wrong wit wat he did. Hmm
hmmm. So many people in the south don't even know nigerian politics. All the killings in the world in the name of allah is it done by christians? I shouldn't even be talking to your sort sef mtcheeeeeew. mumu? take it or leave it, nigerian politics is religion DRIVEN
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
unmask:
isn't it too early to be downing alomo?
b0koharist? How are your virgins and under-aged wives? Hope they are ok abi? Give under-aged girls pens and not p3nis wink
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
cuteboy2:

No I don't reside in Katsina.
Will appreciate if you can educate us more about the Funtua crisis, especially if you have first hand experience.
that funtua crisis ehn? A lady was sliced into 2 as in "INTO 2" I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A HORRIBLE SCENE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE" such wicked people. Some people were burnt in their houses. My dear! Na GOD save me o. Hausas are heinous peole! Their heinousness knows no bound! They are the most tribalitic people but so many people are yet to discover. People think its yorubas but on the contrary, I've stayed with both people. An hausa man can marry a yoruba lady but will NEVER allow his daughter marry a yoruba man (even though he is a muslim). This is common to alllllll hausas. All of them. Christians there under-go serious discrimination. I spent christmas there. And all I say is that these people are wicked. Na me know wetin I still de see for there o! How I wish, northerners (as in from kano, katsina, bauchi, maiduguri, etc) can just have access to nairaland and share their HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES in the hands of this evil people, then you'll appreciate goodluck on sit (even if he is a dummy). His presence(ascention) has really helped to curb so many things (forget boko haram! Its just a cheap sabotage, people in the north know that and even though they see bomb like almost every day, they still wish for goodluck because they know what they enjoy from him. Unlike the mumu "few" southerners who are shouting buhari.). That's why they are trying so hard to reduce the population of christians in the north. This is ofcourse one measure. Smh! Islamism! I say NO! To islamism. As GOD would have it, the prayer of the saints in the north is beginning to get answered! They are turning to themselves now! Foolish people practising a foolish religion. Mtcheeeeedew. I hate them sooooooooooooooo much. Wicked souls. Nairalanders(christians sha) OPEN YOUR EYES! Buhari is a deceiver. He will never rule Nigeria in JESUS CHRIST NAME AMEN! Beware of islamists too as friends! They can be DEMONS infact THEY ARE DEMONS. GOD BLESS OUR GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST COUNTRY. NIGERIA

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nwanyibuife: 8:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
jentlsoul:
@least muslim to some level tolerate xtians sine b4 independent and allow churches to be build in their domain. What about d SE/SS? Their fanatism and extremist will nt allow that
oh shut up, you vile ignoramus. Amambra state has at least 4 mosques and moslems worship there without fear.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by bakila: 9:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
highmood:
Gradually God will be exposing some desperate and fanatical Muslim politicians who detest other religions and are hell bent in Islamizing this country.
The PDP government in Katsina must go. We see what seeking to win cheap political point has cause you.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by unmask: 9:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
sbaks:
b0koharist? How are your virgins and under-aged wives? Hope they are ok abi? Give under-aged girls pens and not p3nis wink
they are all fine..... Thank you for asking.... I give them both
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by highmood(m): 9:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
bakila:

The PDP government in Katsina must go. We see what seeking to win cheap political point has cause you.
they can go only if voters of the opposition are more than the PDP else they remain.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
unmask:
they are all fine..... Thank you for asking.... I give them both
grin thank GOD for your honesty abi? But bear in mind! THE WORLD IS COMING AFTER WICKED SOULS LIKE YOU.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by simpleseyi: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2015
If the church is obstructing development of the area, it should be demolish asap. Meanwhile, before demolishing the church, the church should be valued by independent surveyor / valuer, the estimated cost of the church and the land on which it is sitting should be paid before demolition commences.

Stop being sentimental, many religious houses and shrines have be demolished in the past for roads and packs.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by simpleseyi: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2015
With compensation paid for the about to be demolished old house of worship, we can build a better, more beautiful and more befitting house for the Lord.
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by simpleseyi: 7:48am On Jan 12, 2015
Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2015
rhames:

Hey people. The Government has come to say it is not the Church but the fence that is going to be demolished. grin

Please share the text of this new statement or a link to its report in the media.

Re: Katsina Govt To Demolish 99 Year Old ECWA Church by cuteboy2: 12:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
sbaks:
that funtua crisis ehn? A lady was sliced into 2 as in "INTO 2" I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A HORRIBLE SCENE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE" such wicked people. Some people were burnt in their houses. My dear! Na GOD save me o. Hausas are heinous peole! Their heinousness knows no bound! They are the most tribalitic people but so many people are yet to discover. People think its yorubas but on the contrary, I've stayed with both people. An hausa man can marry a yoruba lady but will NEVER allow his daughter marry a yoruba man (even though he is a muslim). This is common to alllllll hausas. All of them. Christians there under-go serious discrimination. I spent christmas there. And all I say is that these people are wicked. Na me know wetin I still de see for there o! How I wish, northerners (as in from kano, katsina, bauchi, maiduguri, etc) can just have access to nairaland and share their HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES in the hands of this evil people, then you'll appreciate goodluck on sit (even if he is a dummy). His presence(ascention) has really helped to curb so many things (forget boko haram! Its just a cheap sabotage, people in the north know that and even though they see bomb like almost every day, they still wish for goodluck because they know what they enjoy from him. Unlike the mumu "few" southerners who are shouting buhari.). That's why they are trying so hard to reduce the population of christians in the north. This is ofcourse one measure. Smh! Islamism! I say NO! To islamism. As GOD would have it, the prayer of the saints in the north is beginning to get answered! They are turning to themselves now! Foolish people practising a foolish religion. Mtcheeeeedew. I hate them sooooooooooooooo much. Wicked souls. Nairalanders(christians sha) OPEN YOUR EYES! Buhari is a deceiver. He will never rule Nigeria in JESUS CHRIST NAME AMEN! Beware of islamists too as friends! They can be DEMONS infact THEY ARE DEMONS. GOD BLESS OUR GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST COUNTRY. NIGERIA

This is shocking and heart rending. cry cry cry

Happy Palm Sunday Nairalanders! / Locked Up For Being An Atheist In Nigeria. . . / ‘Sam Adeyemi And The Tithe’ by Deji Yesufu

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79