Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health (37826 Views)

Concerns, Fears Over Buhari’s Health Condition In Katsina / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Election: Northern CAN, Christian Elders Forum, Say: ‘we Did Not endorse Buhari' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Reptyle(m): 10:19am On Jan 11, 2015
citizenisb:
http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/26469-presidency-northern-leaders-express-concerns-over-buhari-s-health

Yet this "ill"man is hitting 3 or more locations daily on his campaign trail.

Nonsense talk.
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by eyinjuege: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2015
new2020:

Good one! They are very evil minded people. No wonder they are obsess with this Buhari/Osibanjo ticket not for Buhari sake but for the eventual emergence of Osinbanjo. As usual, the the coward they are known to be; planning behind closed doors to come in through back doors. SE and SS uncovered this plan months ago but gladly Northerners are seeing it now.

Buhari as been vying for the post of the presidency for more than 6 yrs now. He isn't being imposed on anybody. Its his dream, and he also knows his own health status better than us.He decided to form a coalition with several other parties in order to give the ruling party a run for their money. He's on point with that. The choice of a VP was strategic- another religion, educational backgrd sound, he's held a public office before, and he doesnt have all the drama amaechi has about him. I really dont think there's any grand conspiracy by the SW.
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Emperor007: 10:26am On Jan 11, 2015
This is no news for me. My family observed this on our own when we watched and observed him talk during the on-going APC campaign on TV.

He carries himself and talk like someone that's very tired / dizzy / seriously sick inside & being forced to address the public.

Though he's still not the change we want.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by citizenisb: 10:39am On Jan 11, 2015
This is how much Buhari is loved in the North, a PDP campaign poster carries his face in the middle!!

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by citizenisb: 10:42am On Jan 11, 2015
“I know that God did not create Nigeria not to be rich or great. Is it that the people he created in Nigeria are not knowledgeable enough or not intelligent enough? Or is it that they don’t know their rights? Our problems in Nigeria lie with the leadership. Let’s look at the foundation of our leadership.

In the profession I know very well, the military, what we normally say is that there are no bad soldiers but bad officers. If you see a situation where the soldiers are not doing well, we need to examine the officers in charge. So it is in the family, the community, the town and the country.

“Truly, the price of crude has fallen, but anyone who is wise enough should know that since we depend on just one resource and since we have no control over its pricing, we should be planning for this type of situation and the way out of it. Our inability to have a reserve has brought us into this economic quagmire.

“If we are going to solve unemployment problem, it is through agriculture and not through oil and gas. Now, we have no alternative. Agriculture is renewable because the land can be used over and over again, but, once a barrel of oil is gone, it’s gone forever.”
On the February elections, Obasanjo claimed that he’s not apprehensive as being speculated. He also advised the electorate to vote for candidates with integrity and good records.
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by berrystunn(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2015
opposite of Goodluck ,?
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 11, 2015
That exactly my thought. Actually we need change in power but buhari health is a big issue. If anything shld happen to buhari SW we be the highest benefactor and North will be the loser

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by vision2050: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2015
WOCKHARDI:
[color=#006600][/color]

What exactly do you mean?
keep asking
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by arewaempire: 10:46am On Jan 11, 2015
rhymz:
[s] I know you are a kid that knows nothing about economics or leadership.
First, Buhari is a long way away from a military regime, neither he or the people supporting him Saints of some sort, me and my guyz usually say only a woman that has not been caught in the act is not a prostitute, go figure.

Now, look at the Nigerian economy as it is presently structured, a sizeable bulk of it is still oil revenue and currently, oil prizes are dropping and have continued to do so. Against this backdrop, Only a dullard will make a proposal that will further raise recurrent expenditure that will swell government cost. In case you don't know, We are talking of over 1 trillion naira going into welfare annually, how much is Nigeria's budget?

Buhari and Osinbajo clearly do not have any superior idea other than this very childish amateurish populist ideas that will further breed corruption, swell unemployment and cause more hardship. Funds that would have been directed to better policies that would yield results will now be used as a jamboree. Now I see why minions like you ask supporters of GEJ what has he done for you, you expect him to feed you directly, probably get you a wife and raise your children. God Forbid that kind of Nigeria you and your lives are planning for us, we refuse to go back to the 80s.

Jonathan has listed his achievements, I want you to list Buhari's or counter any of them with facts not propaganda or foolish dismissive retorts that shows clearly that you have been outwitted. Let Buhari cone and tell us how he us going to feed the whole of Nigeria, he thinks the government runs on an inexhaustible account or revenue, talk of lack of education and proper understanding of how the system works. [/s]

It is a pity when citizens like you have no idea of the abundant resources available in this country which is why we allow our leaders take advantage of our ignorance.

You are most likely used to suffering and have never known what good governace is all about.

What a pity.

rhymz:
then act like you are not one!!!!
Im trying not to find this offensive.

rhymz that knows about economics or leadership.
First, is a away from a neither he or the people supporting him Saints of some sort, me and my guyz usually say only a woman that has not been caught in the act is not a prostitute, go figure.

Now, look at the Nigerian economy as it is presently structured, a sizeable bulk of it is still oil revenue and currently, oil prizes are dropping and have continued to do so. Against this backdrop, Only a dullard will make a proposal that will further raise recurrent expenditure that will swell government cost. In case you don't know, We are talking of over 1 trillion naira going into welfare annually, how much is Nigeria's budget?

Buhari and Osinbajo clearly do not have any superior idea other than this very childish amateurish populist ideas that will further breed corruption, swell and cause more hardship. Funds that would have been directed to better policies that would yield results will now be used as a jamboree. Now I see why minions like you ask supporters of GEJ what has he done for you, you expect him to feed you directly, probably get you a wife and raise your children. God Forbid that kind of Nigeria you and your lives are planning for us, we refuse to go back to the 80s.

Jonathan has listed his achievements, I want you to list Buhari's or counter any of them with facts not propaganda or foolish dismissive retorts that shows clearly that you have been outwitted. Let Buhari cone and tell us how he us going to feed the whole of Nigeria, he thinks the government runs on an inexhaustible account or revenue, talk of lack of education and proper understanding of how the syst works. [/s:

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by arewaempire: 10:50am On Jan 11, 2015
barcanista:
Those that are wishing for the general to die will live to see the general strong and fit in his 80th birthday. They are not God! Buhari 4 President

And they shall witness a positive transformation of this great country by The General.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by dabossman(m): 10:50am On Jan 11, 2015
ULSHERLAN:
So because GEJ is young means he cant die any time or have y'all forgotten about the young girl that died jan 2nd this year. Death is no respecter of age. So age shouldn't be a barrier

Leave them all to be playing God. I lost an uncle who was 53 just last week, yet I have others in their 70's who are still good to go. Only God can decide who goes first abeg.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2015
A big Amen to this prayer.
arewaempire:

And they shall witness a positive transformation of this great country by The General.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by dabossman(m): 10:57am On Jan 11, 2015
Emperor007:
This is no news for me. My family observed this on our own when we watched and observed him talk during the on-going APC campaign on TV.

He carries himself and talk like someone that's very tired / dizzy / seriously sick inside & being forced to address the public.

He is 72 for heaven's sake. Do you expect him to start jumping around dancing shoki? How does Pastor Adeboye carry himself these days? How did Mandela carry himself as President. At that age do you really expect him to be 100% fit?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by afosahid: 11:11am On Jan 11, 2015
citizenisb:
God help us

Besides, it was gathered that President Goodluck Jonathan had, during his recent visit to the Minna Hilltop home of former military leader; General Ibrahim Babangida, discussed details of Buhari’s health with the former military leader, a development that was said to have prompted the Minna General to turn his support to Jonathan.

It was also gathered that prominent Northern leaders have already got wind of the discussions between IBB and Jonathan, leading to red hot discussions on the way forward in 2015.

“If anything happens to Buhari, power will return to the South-West less than a decade after President Obasanjo left Aso Rock. The prospects are grim, both for the North and even the South-East that is queuing for their own turn,” another Northern top brass said at the weekend.

BLOODY LIARS!
#GMBOSIBANJO2015....END OF CLUELESSNESS AND INEPT LEADERSHIP...NIGERIA DESERVES BETTER THAN GEJ AND HIS CORRUPT SYCOPHANTS

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by retepmurt(m): 11:16am On Jan 11, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
I dey laugh o
PDP don FInish!!!!
Buhari nah religious bigot:-failed
Buhari no get certificate-failed
Buhari has health issues again
hmmmm
Jonathan always travels to Germany on monthly basis to see his Doctors for undisclosed illness.
It is God that has life.Who says Jonathan cant die before Buhari.
This health propaganda wil even encourage the yorubas to vote enmass for APC.PDP is shooting itself on the foot.
It is boldly written,with all these propagandas being spread by the pdp,Buhari will convingly win feb 14 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Firefire(m): 11:29am On Jan 11, 2015
Emperor007:

Though he's still not the change we want

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by retepmurt(m): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2015
dabossman:

He is 72 for heaven's sake. Do you expect him to start jumping around dancing shoki? How does Pastor Adeboye carry himself these days? How did Mandela carry himself as President. At that age do you really expect him to be 100% fit?
Dont mind them.PDP is jittery already.They ve started manifesting signs and symptoms of an imminent loss in feb 14 election.Who says Jonathan will live longer than Buhari?Jonathan that visits Germany on monthyly basis to his doctors on undisclosed chronic illness.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by ollyruffy: 11:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Baseless report.

#GEJMUSTGO2015#

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by joeyekembele: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2015
More events shall continue to unfold as the day comes closer. Looking at Buhari with mere eyes, you would realise that all is not well with him. Like the popular adage, 'no smoke without fire'. Story had it that GMB fell and slump at C/river campaign venue but the APC political gladiators who are predominantly Yoruba schemed a ploy to shield the development, as it is intended to be to their benefit if the fate of YarAdua befalls him while in office. Tinubu, in his Maradonaic tendency can only support a course with a targeted long run benefits to him and his cronies. Thank God the Northerners are beginning to grasp with the realisation of the western calculated and well orchestrated plan to harvest the bounty of the northern expected misfortune, comes the demise of Buhari if elected. TO prove and divulge the intended plan by Tinubu and other western APC political gladiators, you would agree with me that, strategic political party positions are shared among geopolitical zones. The APC national chairman is a Yoruba man. The presidential flad bearer, a northerner. The vice president is expected to be a Westerner or a southerner. It is expected to have the like of Okorocha or Amaechi as the vice president, but for the calculated ulterior motive Osibanjo was picked. I Make this general call to all Northerners , Easterer and south soitherner to be mindful of the decision they make come February 14th as it is evident that GMB may not be able to complete his tenure of four years before he answeres the mandatory final call of nature, denying the Northerner the term.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Kingspin(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Looking at Buhari at his campaign grounds i must say the man is unhealthy. He is not well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by retepmurt(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2015
Emperor007:

You and ur family must be direct beneficiaries from the clueless president.Nigerians are yearning for a change.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by billyG(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2015
Y do nigerians just bilive anythin dey read on pages of newpapers.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Someone of our yoruba wants to get power from continubu and co.

True talk buhari is unhealthy

Instead of what happened to yaradua to repeat it self

imagine buhari collapsed

even the memory is now having a partial contact. ...He can't even remember his phone number again

I'm suspecting something.......hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:59am On Jan 11, 2015
dabossman:

Leave them all to be playing God. I lost an uncle who was 53 just last week, yet I have others in their 70's who are still good to go. Only God can decide who goes first abeg.
I tell you
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by ikweremilitant: 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
citizenisb:
God help us

Besides, it was gathered that President Goodluck Jonathan had, during his recent visit to the Minna Hilltop home of former military leader; General Ibrahim Babangida, discussed details of Buhari’s health with the former military leader, a development that was said to have prompted the Minna General to turn his support to Jonathan.

It was also gathered that prominent Northern leaders have already got wind of the discussions between IBB and Jonathan, leading to red hot discussions on the way forward in 2015.

“If anything happens to Buhari, power will return to the South-West less than a decade after President Obasanjo left Aso Rock. The prospects are grim, both for the North and even the South-East that is queuing for their own turn,” another Northern top brass said at the weekend.

ok u see the reason why the snakes frm South West shouldnt be trusted.obj and tinubu knew about this and that explians their recent fraternity.so,it wil be wise 4d north to strike a deal when the time is near and d s.e should nt be fooled by the band of hypocrites frm d South West.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Tstone1(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
Kwankwaso..I think it's hightime you came back to PDP!

Opportunities awaits you come 2019!!!
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Bakersfield: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
arewaempire:

When the North were "fooled" and the dullard Jona made president,how did that benefit the South? Did the south get their second niger bridge? Is the NDelta as developed as Dubai?

My friend, we need to rise above North/South ethnic nonsense and clamour for the best leadership. If GEJ wins and hands over to Sambo ,a northerner,who is another certified dullard , what benefit will that be for the country?

I repeat: Even if we lose Buhari, Nigerians will have Pastor Osibanjo who is definitely a million times better than the two dullards in Aso rock.

Good submission. No sentiment, No bigotry. It's just the FACT AND THE UGLY TRUTH . I dey laugh in chinese.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by datribune: 12:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
Iamsynord:
.Now Nigerians,Can a Sane person vote in a President who can kick the Tank anytime soon in place of a young vibrant visionary like GEJ ??
GEJ till 2019..GEJ till Rick ross looks like wiz khalifa

dis sounds like d wisdom of a fool. FYI death is no respecter of age. It can come anytime, anywhere, any age. When death comes u can't say - "but I'm young".
There can be no greater anti-corruption crusader than d General & nigerians shall giv him a resounding mandate to stamp out d corruption of d clueless GEJ years. Long live Nigeria. Long live d people's General. SAI BUHARI
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by mu2sa2: 12:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
rhymz:
boi you know nothing about the political calculations going on.... How many northern leaders of repute have come out publicly to declare their support for Buhari? answer me. Even Atiku his party mate has not categorically declare any support for him, that should tell you something if you have any brain to decipher that there's ambivalence as to whether they are better off letting Jonathan finish and cutting a deal with him to let Northerners take over or support a Buhari whose political pedigree is rife with fiction than fact.

A Buhari whose health has greatly depreciated from Age, a 72 year old who obviously is lethargic, is going to be just a figure head with the Yoruba political oligarchy hoping that he does a Yaradua on Nigeria and ultimately get back power through Tinubu's lackey, Osibanjo. They will be crazy not to think it through, knowing how cunning the Yoruba political class can be, they don't give their support wholeheartedly if they don't hope to gain from it fully. Has anyone noticed that the majority of the elite support Buhari is getting is from the political oligarchy in the south? Northern politicians are watching carefully, they are not fools after all. They know that fighting Jonathan a minority will be much more easier than fighting a Tinubu proxy leader who will be getting all the Yoruba support and possibly all of the southern support if they oil their control of the media and sell propaganda to the gullible public as they are currently doing to GEJ.

Their ambivalence is not for nothing, it is unlike North not to give support to one of their own but when the candidate is more of a puppet and an excuse for another southern region to grab power, they just have to slow their roll and rethink their support, fact.
No northern leader of note wants to be seen as working against the wish of the generality of the people. Some of you were fantasizing about northern christians voting en mass for ebele azikiwe, but are now saddened that will not happen. Across the length and breath of the north the mood is for change, represented by Buhari/Osibanjo. Those who think northerners are illiterates to be manipulated by the so-called leaders are mistaken. In fact northerners are the most informed people in nigeria. There's no part of this country where you see almost everyone has a radio set monitoring events like ordinary northerners do. When you see a rustic northerner, his radio is not for listening to useless music, but for serious news monitoring, including world events .
The people are too enlightened now to be taken for a ride a second time. Ebele has had 6 years of great opportunity but squandered it. In february the people will send him back to otuoke city and that's good for him for he'll hav all the time to ruminate over his failure.
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by Akshow: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
cr7lomo:

You Yoruba people have come to play smart again, u wanna use naija delta style. Quote me " IT WUNT WORK" after criminal obasanjo ruled for 8 yrs , u guys wanna sneak back into the number 1 position . U guys just think u are the smartest in Nigeria . Before a Yoruba man will smell that seat again , it will be in 2043
Lol. whoever gave u that sick idea should be shot dead. very funny hshahahaha
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by gentleasia(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan is a good man as
a person, his simplicity and
gentleman ness is second to none.
*He has given us his very BEST over
the last 6 years. I mean, what else are
we asking for?
*He has granted Alameisiya 'STATE
PARDON' and my guy is now running
for Senate.
*He allowed Fayose to disrupt a court
session and beat up a judge, while he
walks freely. I wonder if Nigeria is
sane. *He locked up the
house of rep from the entrance of the
CONSTITUTIONAL speaker of that
house.
*7 law makers impeached a speaker
in Ekiti in a house of about 26 men,
and nothing happened.
*16 was suddenly greater than 19 in
base 10, just to cancel the one-term
agreement he signed with the
NIGERIA Governors' Forum and all
Nigerians in 2011.
*Subsidy has been removed and the
standards in our hospitals have
reduced with time.
*$20 billion is missing and minister
of Petroleum eats and dines with the
prexy. *Another BIGGER & BOLDER
subsidy is scheduled for 1st of June,
2015 and you may have to sell your
laptop charger before you can buy
fuel to charge that same laptop!!!
* Earlier this year, over 22 innocent
Nigerians were killed in the job scam
organized by the Nigerian
Immigration Service(NIS) . The
Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, told
us the job interrwas "simply
mismanaged" and he has retained
his office and even with extra
luggage.
*1 Naira used to be equal $1.2 under
‪#‎GMB‬ but now it's #186.5 to just $1,
the worst ever in our history.
* Madam Gele, Ngozi Okonjo, just told
us we need an extra $5 billion,
through debts of course, so that our
economy will not collapse like
Humpty-Dumpty.
*While Benue State University was on
an unending internal strike killing the
future of poor Nigerians,
Senator DAVID MARK (son of the soil)
built his own PRIVATE UNIVERSITY,
of course with tax
payers' money, and my gentle
president followed him to launch the
school shamelessly.
*He has spent all money in the
treasury and even had to BORROW an
extra $1 billion but ‪#‎BokoHaram‬
keeps getting more equipped than
our military.
*Over 200 girls are missing, over
15,000 killed by #BokoHaram , over 6
million displaced from their homes
and uncountable injured beyond
repairs yet my president went to a
meeting in ‪#‎KENYA‬ with 7 different
PRIVATE JETS.. *clears throat...
* # PHCN is giving their loyal
customers GENERATORS as gifts for
paying their # electricity bills on
time..Grab your COPY NOW!!! .
That's less than 1% of the reasons we
need to dance to a new SHOKI, this
AWILO is no more wulo for us. Cheers
to an unstoppable change..
If you truly love Nigeria share with
everyone on your contact list."
Re: 2015 Election: Northern Leaders Express Concerns Over Buhari’s Health by pitoski(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Buhari is too sick to rule a country like nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gov. Amaechi Carrying His Cross On Good Friday (PIX) / It Went Well — NBA Scores INEC High In Conduct Of Presidential Poll / Bomb Blast At Borno Mosque Leaves 6 People Dead (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.