Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119727 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2015
"I have a job interview tomorrow morning around Onikan, I'm not familiar with the place so I used today to come and locate it. I don't want anything that would make me come late, the interview starts by 8am. I will leave the house as early as 6am so I can get there in time, I don't want what happened to my friend to happen to me. She missed her interview, she saw the text late and before she got there it was over. I don't want anything to go wrong at all, my mind is already on this job." www.thehumansoflagos.com

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I have a job interview tomorrow morning around Onikan, I'm not familiar with the place so I used today to come and locate it. I don't want anything that would make me come late, the interview starts by 8am. I will leave the house as early as 6am so I can get there in time, I don't want what happened to my friend to happen to me. She missed her interview, she saw the text late and before she got there it was over. I don't want anything to go wrong at all, my mind is already on this job." www.thehumansoflagos.com
I wish her the best. smiley

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
"When we finished our mathematics test, one of my classmates told our uncle to give us a test in Art. He asked all of us to draw or mould something as part of our 2nd term test and said everyone must do it. I don't know how to draw or mould, I don't like art I like maths and I want to be a doctor. I moulded mine anyhow, it's a spoon, plates and pots. I know it's not fine and my classmates will laugh at my own but I know some people will still forget to do there's and I'm better than them." www.thehumansoflagos.com

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:24am On Feb 10, 2015
Hi guys, please I need urgent help. We want to raise funds for someone on the project and need to setup a gofundme or indie gogo account to enable our followers contribute. To that effect, I'm looking for a trusted nairalander based in the US that would provide his US bank account and PayPal and handle the funds for us. Lots of people have sent me DMs on Instagram suggesting the need for the funding accounts and volunteering to help but I need someone from nairaland, someone we can trust and hold accountable. Please help recommend someone or volunteer if you can do it for us. Thanks and God bless you.
Ujsizzle can you help me tag people that you think might want to help? Please.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by prof800(m): 11:12am On Feb 10, 2015
TochiPhotos:
Hi guys, please I need urgent help. We want to raise funds for someone on the project and need to setup a gofundme or indie gogo account to enable our followers contribute. To that effect, I'm looking for a trusted nairalander based in the US that would provide his US bank account and PayPal and handle the funds for us. Lots of people have sent me DMs on Instagram suggesting the need for the funding accounts and volunteering to help but I need someone from nairaland, someone we can trust and hold accountable. Please help recommend someone or volunteer if you can do it for us. Thanks and God bless you.
Ujsizzle can you help me tag people that you think might want to help? Please.
...great idea.!
my recommendations;

Originalsly, babyosisi, jaybee3...

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
prof800:

...great idea.!
my recommendations;

Lol...I can see you don't like peace! ...guy said somebody based in the US !@Tochi....hmmm......is this really your idea?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
prof800:

...great idea.!
my recommendations;

Hope they are based in the US? Hi @ originalsly babyosisi jaybee3 don't know if you guys know about this thread... Please I'd appreciate if one of you could help us out with this or recommend someone for us please. Thanks a lot.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
Originalsly:
Lol...I can see you don't like peace! ...guy said somebody based in the US !@Tochi....hmmm......is this really your idea?
The funding idea? That's what most of our Instagram users suggested and since most of them are not based in Nigeria, it would be easier for those who want to donate to easily do so.
We won't able to raise funds for everyone except special cases like the mama and the lady her shop got burnt. A lot of people wanted to help but here was no means, I didn't think about that when I started. I went to check up on 2 of them and to God be the glory, the lady is back on her feet and is slowly rebuilding. It's the mama we want to raise funds for and have the account ready for any future occurrence. I want someone we trust on here cause I don't want to be part of handling the funds. I'll just go out and share the stories and hopefully we would have another volunteer from here based in Nigeria to work hand in hand with the person operating the funding account abroad and would be responsible for taking the money after any funding campaign and make sure it's used for the intended purpose.

Hi Ujsizzle, biko I mentioned you earlier, don't know if you saw it? Please can you recommend anyone? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:40pm On Feb 10, 2015
"I used to sale food(rice, swallow etc) till government demolished the place my shop was in. I had to find another thing to do and that's how I started my akara(bean cake) business. I made more money as a food vendor but it's harder than this one, then I had to start cooking food as early as 4am, I have more time for myself in this akara business. I still make enough money from this one to support my family since I lost my husband last year and became the sole provider. My last born is in his final year in University of Lagos and once he graduates and gets a job, I will quit this business and rest." www.thehumansoflagos.com

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by prof800(m): 12:05am On Feb 11, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Hope they are based in the US? .
I don't know where they are based. Those are the names that first struck my mind. I was hoping my recommendations will at least make recommendations.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 12:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
TochiPhotos:

The funding idea? That's what most of our Instagram users suggested and since most of them are not based in Nigeria, it would be easier for those who want to donate to easily do so.
We won't able to raise funds for everyone except special cases like the mama and the lady her shop got burnt. A lot of people wanted to help but here was no means, I didn't think about that when I started. I went to check up on 2 of them and to God be the glory, the lady is back on her feet and is slowly rebuilding. It's the mama we want to raise funds for and have the account ready for any future occurrence. I want someone we trust on here cause I don't want to be part of handling the funds. I'll just go out and share the stories and hopefully we would have another volunteer from here based in Nigeria to work hand in hand with the person operating the funding account abroad and would be responsible for taking the money after any funding campaign and make sure it's used for the intended purpose.

Hi Ujsizzle, biko I mentioned you earlier, don't know if you saw it? Please can you recommend anyone? Thank you.
Would have suggested Jaybee3 but he stays in the UK. Maybe CFCfan? He stays in the US.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 12:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
My bad!...,read in a rush!....now get what the fund is really for! @Jaybee...where was the ehmmm....wasn't the other verrrrry active and well controlled fund based in Nigeria? .....who was controller?
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sheedy407(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2015
Oga Tochi, I asked u to contact me so we can get a tv space to air what u r doing, u just lock up. No p cos I have tried

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Originalsly: 5:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
sheedy407:
Oga Tochi, I asked u to contact me so we can get a tv space to air what u r doing, u just lock up. No p cos I have tried
Bro....take it easy! OP is still trying to lay the foundation of his project. His plan was just to take photos and post them....now we are asking him to set up a sort of charity fund. Just be patient .... let him sort himself out so he can answer questions and be in a better position to tell about the project. I don't think you want him to become the next Oga at the Top!

12 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Prof800, Thanks bro.

Ujsizzle, Thanks Ada mmadu.

Sheedy407, Sorry for that bro, it wasn't intentional. I don't think it has gotten to that level yet. It might evolve into that later.

Originalsly, God bless you for that reply. You get sense.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
"I had this friend that was into this business, each time I saw him hawking his broom I will pity him, I never thought there was money in this type of business till the day I asked him if he has any other business that sustains him asides this, then he told me everything and to my surprise the business is very lucrative. I started a few years ago, we import the brooms from our village in Ebonyi, we have people that help us process it and send it to Lagos. It's a good business but people won't believe it. I have my own shop, I only come out to hawk if sales is slow in the shop." www.thehumansoflagos.com

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2015
Of course the business will be lucrative with all our APC brothers waving their brooms. Just imagine how much they make from just APC campaign in Lagos not to mention other parts of the country.

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 8:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
Euma:
Of course the business will be lucrative with all our APC brothers waving their brooms. Just imagine how much they make from just APC campaign in Lagos not to mention other parts of the country.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 7:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
"Someone said she saw my late Aunt in the airport, boarding a plane to London. She was a frequent flyer before she died. I don't know what to believe, I'm not that religious, I just pray to God on my own. I don't believe in Ghosts but I think people reincarnate.
There is something been a mortician does to you, it makes you appreciate life and realize your time on this earth is limited. I feel sorry when I see people doing all sorts of things to get rich, maybe they still don't understand this life. I handle dead bodies daily, the rich, the poor, old and young, once you die, that's it. When I started I used to cry when I see a dead body but now it hardly moves me, I just tell myself one day it will be my turn too, what will be told of me? Will I leave a good legacy. My advice to everyone is to live a simple life and most importantly, do good everyday." www.thehumansoflagos.com

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2015
Do at least one real good everyday
....nice one
I would love to live by this

And of course The Golden Rule

Sorry for derailing...
I love this thread
cool

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by caesaraba(m): 9:16pm On Feb 14, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"Internet has stolen a lot of my customers especially the younger ones who prefer to read online copies but I have my regular customers they prefer buying the books. I love reading and I've read lots and lots of books across all genre. My favorite author is the late Myles Munroe, his books have really helped me in life. When he died I felt like I lost a family member, I revered him. He was my mentor." www.thehumansoflagos.com

Yes o. These are my people smiley. One like this kept me going in my Uni days. I`d get out of the last lecture for the day, stroll to his book stand and buy a second-hand copy of a voluminous book and go bury my head in it to escape from the reality of studying a course (with mighty calculations) I never had a passion for. God bless them wherever they find themselves.

7 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2015
"(Girl on the leftsmiley My boyfriend said he is broke and can't take me out or get me anything for valentine. He only sent me a text. ("Girl on the rightsmiley Mine is not broke, he is not around. We are in a long distance relationship, we fought yesterday and he hasn't called me to apologize.
We just decided to go and get ourselves something for valentine, we couldn't be with our boyfriends and we want to show them we can be happy without them. #HumansOfLagos

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2015
"My most memorable valentine's day happened when I was in SS1. There was this buzz around valentine, everybody was talking about it and trying to feel among. I didn't have a boyfriend and I wasn't expecting anything from anyone but there was a boy in my class that liked me. That day, he wrote me a love note and read it out loud. I felt shy and a bit embarrassed, he was one of the cutest in the class and deep inside that made me happy. Looking back, that's my best valentine's day ever and I smile each time I remember it." www.thehumansoflagos.com #HumansOfLagos

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sundoj08(m): 5:25am On Feb 16, 2015
sassychic:
These guys are so inspiring
yh it's really amazing considering im an ardent follower of #humans of New York.. Stuffs like this helps you appreciate the lil things about life

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2015
"My master accused me of sleeping with our Secretary and chased both of us away. He said he thinks we are dating, none of that was true. I've served him for 4 years and I was a couple of years away from been settled before he chased me away. People said he has a history of sending away his boys when it's almost time for settlement. He promised to settle me regardless but I haven't heard from him for the past 6 months." www.thehumansoflagos.com

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by darami(f): 6:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos
Is there any way I can get in touch with this woman? Thank you

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by UjSizzle(f): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"My master accused me of sleeping with our Secretary and chased both of us away. He said he thinks we are dating, none of that was true. I've served him for 4 years and I was a couple of years away from been settled before he chased me away. People said he has a history of sending away his boys when it's almost time for settlement. He promised to settle me regardless but I haven't heard from him for the past 6 months." www.thehumansoflagos.com
I used to hear of things like this when I was a kid. It's sad to know it stills happens sad

Dis you get in touch with anyone for the account?

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by coolestca(m): 11:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
TochiPhotos:
em sowie about that but consider adjusting your panties z*p b4 some pple start to criticise now... :/
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 1:15am On Feb 17, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sell dried fish but last year on 23rd November I was robbed on my way to buy my market in Ibadan and I didn't have any other money to continue my fish business so I started carrying load(alabaru) for people in Idumota, it's hard work and my body pains me but I take pain medicine everyday. Today is Sunday and there is no market so I sleep here and rest all day and continue work on Monday when market starts. My son is not happy I'm doing this but he just entered polytechnic and can't do anything to help." #HumansOfLagos

Would it be possible for me to contact this woman one way or the other please?

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by tosynbolade(m): 8:40am On Feb 17, 2015
God bless the op. keep up the good works you are doing.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2015
darami:

Is there any way I can get in touch with this woman? Thank you
Yea but can't just give out her number like that. We need to be coordinated. Hopefully going to work out something with Funmi Iyanda.

UjSizzle:

I used to hear of things like this when I was a kid. It's sad to know it stills happens sad

Did you get in touch with anyone for the account?
It still happens o. You'll be surprised almost half of those serving end this way... Just that no one hears about it except those involved. The boy's story is heartbreaking.... Will post the second part in a bit.
Re- the account. Nothing yet, none of those recommended replied on the thread, maybe they are not interested. I met with Mr. Chude Jideonwo during the weekend, and he said he will try and get Funmi Iyanda involved with the mama's issue and any other one going forward. I hope it works out well.
calebo101:

Would it be possible for me to contact this woman one way or the other please?
Yea but can't give it out at the moment. We are working out something for her tho.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2015
"When I was still serving my Oga, my mum's elder sister would visit me once in a while and I'd give her money. She was caring and treated me nicely. She is the only family I have here, my mum died during childbirth and I lost my dad last year. When my boss sent me away, I went to stay with her around Ajah, the 6 months I spent there was hell, she suddenly changed and started treating me badly, she found fault in anything I did and always verbally abuses me every opportunity she gets. 3 days ago, she just woke up and told me to leave her house, she said she was tired of seeing me that I should go. I've been wandering around for the past 3 days. There are some things you never imagine would happen to you, like praying for night not to come cause you don't have where you will sleep." www.thehumansoflagos.com

14 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.