Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) (119713 Views)

The Humans Of Ogun State (street Photography) / 5 People You Will Find On Any Lagos Street / Monday Morning Inspiration From The Humans Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2015
"I'm a cook, i've been working in this restaurant for close to 7 years. I'm in charge of Soups and Amala and I make Efo Riro best. When I'm making Efo, I don't like to be disturbed, I like to concentrate. My Efo is the best around here. I love tattoos and the one on my arm is a rose flower. Roses are beautiful and I'm beautiful too." www.thehumansoflagos.com

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by bukolacole(m): 1:11am On Mar 22, 2015
Good job, God will bless you all, please can I donate in Naira?. If yes give me the procedural steps to take please, because I don't have a foreign account, and please how can I donate to the woman that sells fish?

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Glamrock(f): 5:28am On Mar 22, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Glamrock can handle the "withdrawing" part. She's an African American, very kind hearted and disciplined. I know very well. She's one we can all trust.

But we have to focus on the donations now. . . I'm gonna share this link to some of the Celebrities I follow on twitter. I'm sure some of them will be kind enough to donate.

Thanks for suggesting me, if I am needed I'm here to help

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:24am On Mar 22, 2015
bukolacole:
Good job, God will bless you all, please can I donate in Naira?. If yes give me the procedural steps to take please, because I don't have a foreign account, and please how can I donate to the woman that sells fish?
Hi Bukolacole,
Follow the gofundme link and input your card details. The naira equivalent would be deducted from your account. About the woman that sells fish, when we tried raising funds for her. We used paga which is a Nigerian based payment processor and during that period they had technical difficulties which prevented people that wanted to donate from doing so. I'm afraid we weren't able to continue due to paga's incompetence and we had to suspend it. We later got 1 donation and we've told paga to refund the donor since we suspended the fundraiser already.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2015
TochiPhotos:

Thanks Giyazz. It's not a decision I will make alone but I will add her to the list of those we are considering for that. The issue of money is a touchy one and needs to be handled with all carefulness.

And thanks for taking out time to share the link. God will reward your kindness.
Yeah Thankyou Tochi.

But I need y'all with twitter accounts to join me and send them the link. They are gonna think I'm fraud or not serious if I'm the only one sending links. Y'all should join me bombard them with the link saying something like: "This girl's life is in your hands" "She needs your HELP!" so they will know we are serious and not fake!!!

These are their twitter handles: @DONJAZZY @Nas @KendrickLamar @Kanyewest @iam_Davido @Bankyw @BoogeyThat @Audu and the rest!!

No time! Share the links!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2015
"I love playing tennis, I'm a big fan of Serena Williams. I take my Children to the court when I'm playing and my daughter is slowly picking up interest in the sports. I came to buy her a racket." www.thehumansoflagos.com

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by sholay2011(m): 6:51pm On Mar 22, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I love playing tennis, I'm a big fan of Serena Williams. I take my Children to the court when I'm playing and my daughter is slowly picking up interest in the sports. I came to buy her a racket." www.thehumansoflagos.com
Cool!

I'm so glad a fellow Nigerian loves tennis like I do. It's my favourite sport.

Nice one.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2015
*Update on Vivian* Vivian, her parents and United for kids foundation(the NGO helping out with this) went to see Dr Animashaun the doctor in charge of Vivian's case in Lasuth and after the Echocardiogram scan, the Dr said she will send the results to her colleagues in India and once they get feedback, arrangements will start on taking her to India. So far we've raised $6,675 to donate visit the gofundme link www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs Thanks to everybody who has been supporting we couldn't have gotten this far without each and everyone of you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 4:55pm On Mar 24, 2015
"My Mum opened this restaurant 20 years ago, she started with 1 cooler of food in a small space but we've grown to become one of the best mama put in this Lagos Island. This is where most of the office/corporate workers in this Lagos Island come to eat. Mds bank workers etc everybody eats here. We sale almost every local food. Amala, pounded yam, gbegiri and ewedu, efo riro, egusi etc. Our foods taste is consistent and I'm sure it's the best around here. My mum has since retired and made me the manager and I plan to expand in the future and when I retire I hope my son will pick up from where I stopped."

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 11:43pm On Mar 24, 2015
^^^

Their food isn't bad and they make a lot of money.

2 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2015
CoCoLav:
^^^

Their food isn't bad and they make a lot of money.
You've eaten their before? they've made me fall in love with gbegiri and ewedu with amala lol. The jolloff is good too.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
"I'm a family man, sometimes things get heated at home and I come to the field to relax and clear my head." #HumansOfLagos

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I'm a family man, sometimes things get heated at home and I come to the field to relax and clear my head." #HumansOfLagos
How can I post comments in your site? I've tried too many times but just can't.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:

You've eaten their before? they've made me fall in love with gbegiri and ewedu with amala lol. The jolloff is good too.

Yes. Their jollof rice isn't bad either but I'm no longer really frequent there.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Daresh(f): 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"I used to sale food(rice, swallow etc) till government demolished the place my shop was in. I had to find another thing to do and that's how I started my akara(bean cake) business. I made more money as a food vendor but it's harder than this one, then I had to start cooking food as early as 4am, I have more time for myself in this akara business. I still make enough money from this one to support my family since I lost my husband last year and became the sole provider. My last born is in his final year in University of Lagos and once he graduates and gets a job, I will quit this business and rest." www.thehumansoflagos.com

Sweet mother!!!
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 10:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Yes. Their jollof rice isn't bad either but I'm no longer really frequent there.
When next will you go? Let's go on a date. kiss
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 11:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
GIYAZZ:
When next will you go? Let's go on a date. kiss

Lol. I don't go there anymore.
Thanks anyway cheesy
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by GIYAZZ(m): 11:08pm On Mar 25, 2015
CoCoLav:

Lol. I don't go there anymore.
Thanks anyway cheesy
Hmmm. . . No problem. I ain't even in Lagos Lol. Just thought I'd poke a kind classy lady. cheesy

But if you had accepted, I coulda taken the next available flight to your door step in Lagos with a red carpet leading to a Lamborghini and we ride to the restaurant in style. wink

#Hol'up Tochi, give a bro some minutes cool
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by CoCoLav(f): 6:56am On Mar 26, 2015
GIYAZZ:
Hmmm. . . No problem. I ain't even in Lagos Lol. Just thought I'd poke a kind classy lady. cheesy

But if you had accepted, I coulda taken the next available flight to your door step in Lagos with a red carpet leading to a Lamborghini and we ride to the restaurant in style. wink

#Hol'up Tochi, give a bro some minutes cool

cheesy cheesy
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
"One day on the pitch I was moving with the ball then I felt a sharp pain in my ankle funny thing was no one tackled me it just happened. I thought it was something minor but the injury was an internal one and worse than I expected. That's how my football career ended. I was playing amateur football then and my team abandoned me. I haven't kicked a football since then, I'm not even sure I can stand for 10 minutes without asking for a chair. Some of my friends went on to play professionally. Sometimes when I watch football, I sit down and think of what could have been if I didn't have that injury."

6 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2015
TochiPhotos:
"When I was still serving my Oga, my mum's elder sister would visit me once in a while and I'd give her money. She was caring and treated me nicely. She is the only family I have here, my mum died during childbirth and I lost my dad last year. When my boss sent me away, I went to stay with her around Ajah, the 6 months I spent there was hell, she suddenly changed and started treating me badly, she found fault in anything I did and always verbally abuses me every opportunity she gets. 3 days ago, she just woke up and told me to leave her house, she said she was tired of seeing me that I should go. I've been wandering around for the past 3 days. There are some things you never imagine would happen to you, like praying for night not to come cause you don't have where you will sleep." www.thehumansoflagos.com

When I lay my head on car-seats to shed tears in public, it is because of people like this.
This is really sad.

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by cococandy(f): 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
Finally got to the end. Phew.

3 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by joywendy(f): 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2015
cococandy:
Finally got to the end. Phew.

loolz! grin

nice one op!!

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2015
joywendy:

loolz! grin

nice one op!!
cheesy

You were reading too weren't you?

OP Great job there.
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by joywendy(f): 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2015
cococandy:
cheesy

You were reading too weren't you?

OP Great job there.

yes ohh i was, all the way from page 1 not easy. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2015
"Few weeks ago we lost some family members. They were running away from the bombings in the north and they had an accident on there way back to the East. I don't know how things got this bad, before I only see bomb blasts in films or hear it happened in other countries not our own Nigeria but now it's slowly becoming a normal thing. If I had the opportunity to be president I would make security and power a priority, there are so many things that needs to be fixed that's why a leader should be close to his people and know what they need before they even ask. Nigeria is a difficult country to lead and whoever wins needs our prayers and support and the loser should accept defeat and join hands to make our country better. My prayer is for a peaceful election."

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
4 weeks ago, we tried to crowd source funds to help Iya Abeji get back to her fish business. Then, we weren't able to setup a gofundme account and had to use PAGA as the payment processor. Unfortunately, during the call for donations, the PAGA page had technical issues which prevented those that wanted to donate from doing so and we didn't get a donation. A single donation came in few days later after they were able to sort it out and we've asked them to refund the donor. We haven't updated the page about Iya Abeji and I'm sure lots of people would want to know how that went. A lot of people wanted to help and we are so sorry and sad it ended the way it did, like everyone on the page, nothing would have made us happier than to see her back to her business and we accept responsibility for the failure and apologize to all those who wanted to help Iya Abeji but couldn't do so. Paga's incompetence taught us a great lesson and moving forward it won't happen again. Thanks.

1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
*Update on Vivian* So far we've raised $8,624 and slowly reaching the goal. God bless the 212 people who donated and all the amazing people supporting in one way or the other. The support has been amazing and soon Vivian will get the help she needs. United for kids foundation the NGO helping out with Vivian's case are still waiting for feedback from Dr Animashaun Vivian's doctor in Lasuth who sent her echo scan to a hospital India and once they get feedback, arrangements will start to fly her to India. While they wait for Dr Animashaun they are also reaching out to another hospital and depending on whichever comes first. Arrangements will start soon. God bless J. Morgan. The American lady who is now managing the gofundme and wepay account. The accounts were nearly suspended last week cos gofundme only supports a few countries and Nigeria is not included but she came through and has verified the accounts for us. She has dedicated her time to this and it hasn't been easy for her. She has been really helpful and we appreciate her. She has started the process of getting a part of the funds so the family and ukf can have funds readily available when they start with the arrangements. We will keep the page updated with further developments. Thanks to all of you and remember you can still donate and don't forget to share the link with your friends. To donate visit the gofundme page here www.gofundme.com/ojv9zs thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2015
" I used to play in the Nigerian league back in the days. At a time, I was one of the highest paid players in my club in Yobe but I couldn't account for any of the money. I spent most of my time partying and carrying women. I wasn't moving forward at all. I couldn't even get a foreign club and most of my teammates even those I played better than were moving to clubs in Europe I kept jumping from one local club to another. I had the talent but I wasn't just making progress. Then one day I attended a crusade in Christ embassy and that day it was as if the the pastor was talking to me directly I could relate to everything he was preaching about and I walked to the Alter and knelt down and the pastor ministered to me and I gave my life to Christ. Things changed immediately and after some time I got an offer abroad with tickets and everything without paying a dime. I realized It wasn't by my power and you can't really make progress without God."

9 Likes

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
TochiPhotos:
4 weeks ago, we tried to crowd source funds to help Iya Abeji get back to her fish business. Then, we weren't able to setup a gofundme account and had to use PAGA as the payment processor. Unfortunately, during the call for donations, the PAGA page had technical issues which prevented those that wanted to donate from doing so and we didn't get a donation. A single donation came in few days later after they were able to sort it out and we've asked them to refund the donor. We haven't updated the page about Iya Abeji and I'm sure lots of people would want to know how that went. A lot of people wanted to help and we are so sorry and sad it ended the way it did, like everyone on the page, nothing would have made us happier than to see her back to her business and we accept responsibility for the failure and apologize to all those who wanted to help Iya Abeji but couldn't do so. Paga's incompetence taught us a great lesson and moving forward it won't happen again. Thanks.

Could you not have used Gofundme for her too? Would be a shame if all the interest and goodwill shown towards her amount to nothing.

1 Like

Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by peteruuu(m): 3:42pm On Mar 31, 2015
TochiPhotos:
" I used to play in the Nigerian league back in the days. At a time, I was one of the highest paid players in my club in Yobe but I couldn't account for any of the money. I spent most of my time partying and carrying women. I wasn't moving forward at all. I couldn't even get a foreign club and most of my teammates even those I played better than were moving to clubs in Europe I kept jumping from one local club to another. I had the talent but I wasn't just making progress. Then one day I attended a crusade in Christ embassy and that day it was as if the the pastor was talking to me directly I could relate to everything he was preaching about and I walked to the Alter and knelt down and the pastor ministered to me and I gave my life to Christ. Things changed immediately and after some time I got an offer abroad with tickets and everything without paying a dime. I realized It wasn't by my power and you can't really make progress without God."
Ladies na wa ooo.

Thanks be to God,i am still single tongue
Re: The Humans Of Lagos (Street Photography Project) by TochiPhotos(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2015
naijababe:

Could you not have used Gofundme for her too? Would be a shame if all the interest and goodwill shown towards her amount to nothing.
We weren't able to set that up then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (31) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.