Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? (15240 Views)

Poll: With this list do you think theres any hope for Nigeria?

Yes: 27% (15 votes)
No: 36% (20 votes)
Maybe: 23% (13 votes)
Cant say: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / The Ministers Nigeria Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Wilmart(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2008
Late Martins Luther King Jnr predictions came to pass with the election of detribalised President Barrack Obama.Lft.Jerry Rawlings REVOLUTION in Ghana has paid off with a strong economy base,increased employment rates etc.We will be deceiving ourselves that Nigeria will be great and become giants of Africa with the calibre of these cowboys in the corridor of power.The ypuths of these country have a great task ahead,and should remain focused and on their toes,and save this country from the brinks of total collapse.
The Great Revolution of Ghana must rear its Head in Nigeria,to take good care of the few Mafisonia Cabals that are cogs in the wheels of the progress of this country.When these are accomplished,and with a new set of Charismatic detribalised leaders,the coast will then be clear to find a good Compass towards the growth of this country.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by kosovo(m): 11:13pm On Dec 18, 2008
k
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by sko(m): 1:08am On Dec 19, 2008
only the elders in the house can see wat that list is about.it is not just "ministers".
anyways,lets pray God put all things right in Nigeria.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by oludunamis(m): 1:22am On Dec 19, 2008
@pain, kobogunje etc, am LMAO

@ poster, em em, i dotn know what to say

Yaradua, disaster in the making
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by BOMANY: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2008
mmmm let's be specific about our opinions on this government.

I don't like to be too hash or pessimistic, but i got confused about the combination of the cabinet and felt bad after examing some names and their background.

In my opinion, some certain positions should be focused on to know if this government is meant to make change or not, which are the ministeries of Finance, Power, Agriculture, Education and deffince.

First, the minister of finance, I didnt see it in the list,  undecided undecided despite it is the most important one especially after the great Dr. Iweala  cry cry
However, perhaps her role will be played by Dr. Shamsudeen Usman, the Minister of National Planning Commission. He has excellent background and good experience in finance especially in banking, which became very important nowadays regarding the global financial dilemma.

There are speculations that the former Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), Dr. Mansur Muhtar, will be the minister of finance. That may be good, if Yardua has the will to take the  national economy to the next step. Both of them were within the team of Dr. Iweala, which may mean continuation of her good policies.

Second, the minister of power, once again I don't see it in the list  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  once there are reports about chosen Dr. Rilwan Lanre Babalola the expert in power. The country will never get progress with its poor power generating.

Those are the points that may make one optimistic, however, from there the confusion starts. We will find men have taken ministries that are very far from their background or at least don't know anything about it and they have never played role of it.

The minister of agriculture, Dr. S. Abba Ruma, the man has Ph.D, in International Relations and Diplomacy and worked in education field, what the hell he is doing with the agriculture  embarassed embarassed, enough nonsense, the country is cultivating only 3% of its land while there is at least 33% that can be cultivated easily.

The same the minister of Defence, Dr. Shettima Mustapha, his Diploma and PhD are in agriculture  while the minster of state of defence, Mr. Ademola Seriki is the former minister of Agric & Water Resources  grin grin was it meant to get such qualifications for Defence, you know what I mean. and that Sam Egwu, what the hell he is doing there after accusing him publicly of corruption.

Also, the most bizarre puzzle of choosing Dr. Dora Akunyili for information grin grin why, was it just a show?? and how Dr. Akunyili accepts it. When OBJ put Dr. Iweala at the end of his tenure as minister of foreign affairs she told journalists let's see first is it a promotion or what and she resigned as respecting her career and herself

At the end, I still believe that we can't judge the government from now. We should see them as team first and then tell the conclusion.

When a coach takes over training our national team, one will find millions, including myself, who can train and play better than all the team while we should wait till the end of the competition
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by DosuAde: 2:28am On Dec 19, 2008
Pls people this is not the time to rain curses on our
dear country, the leadership and the country need
prayers and with the power of God this ministers
may end up being good for the country.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Lady2(f): 2:37am On Dec 19, 2008
Why do we have redundant offices?

e.g. Minister of Education, and then Minister of State, Education. What's the difference?
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by kosovo(m): 8:26am On Dec 19, 2008
FOR THOSE OF WHO NO LONGER THINK NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY OF DOOM,
YESTERDAY'S MINISTERIAL LIST IS YOUR ANSWER!
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by hollandis(f): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2008
GettysBurg:
@hollandis, how can you contemplate that Ezekwesili was out to destroy Education in Nigeria? Smacks of GROSS IGNORANCE! She was the first and only person to Identify the real problems with the sector. Imagine a situation where 80% of the entire ministry's budget goes for recurrent expenditure! Put in perspective, even when allocations have been increased over the years, we only end up increasing Techers' and Lecturers' salaries and bonuses. The Question is ? : For whom is the Education sector meant? Grooming tomorrow's leaders OR Feeding a generation that ate The budgets of Yesteryears? She identified this ANOMALYand corrected it.  It took a radical shift in Paradigm. What about the Adopt a School approach, where Oando adopted 250 secondary schools nationwide? This was novel, and imagine a multibillion naira company adopting a school! Upgrading the labs, retraining the teachers, giving scholarships to good students, etc!  And imagine the Public image SWELL of such a company! And the attendant copycatism and Competition in Coporate Nigeria! The banks, Telecoms, Oil Majors, and other coporate giants would begin to say, "Whose School is the Greatest?" All this to the benefit of our Children and future leaders! Have you seen the federal govt colleges lately? And you like them as they are? And you say that Ezekwesili wanted to kill Education?  I'M SORRY ABOUT YOUR OPINION!

LoL .ezekweseli was the first to realise bla bla bla .You are such a ninny.I wonder where you are presently residing?Don't you know that  the "constraints" referred to by the minister are the direct consequences of anti-poor, neo-liberal policies and programmes of cuts in social spending and under-funding which have been implemented for a long time by successive governments that have made it impossible for additional infrastructures (schools, hospitals, roads etc) to be put in place.I still reiterate and reemphasize what I wrote."Ezekweseli used her official position to finally destroy eduation in Nigeria". There are certains things you don’t know .Firstly if I may ask ,where are you presently residing?I can beat my chest to say,it isn’t Nigeria.
Do you know what propelled the fame of private secondary school and universities?I am sure you don't.

Obasanjo's government killed education
.I am sure none of ezekweseli's children will school in Nigeria because she has already put it in a mess.

Federal Government privatized a whole 102 unity schools.Ezekweseli and her predecessor obayi frustrated the principal of queens college.There are so many things they did to frustrate education.so many things,so manyundecided
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Ohnow: 9:54am On Dec 19, 2008
This Sucks angry,

The Servant Leader is at it again
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by sukieboy(f): 11:45am On Dec 19, 2008
Nonosense List
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by tlpel(f): 11:54am On Dec 19, 2008
Dora should do the honorable thing(if truly she's an honorable woman and not a politician in disguise)decline the offer and stick 2 her Nafdac job. After all Gani Fawemin reject the fed govt award
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2008
tlpel:

Dora should do the honorable thing(if truly she's an honorable woman and not a politician in disguise)decline the offer and stick 2 her Nafdac job. After all Gani Fawemin reject the fed govt award

She no hear u o,
shes to excited to listen.

Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by glogab: 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2008
Well,maybe there is hope for our blessed nation  cool cooli believe in the power of prayer and as an optimist ,i believe things might change for better.UP NIGERIA
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Mugabe(m): 1:09pm On Dec 19, 2008
muza i quiet agree with you gthat Yar'adua is really abokilike in his way an mannar of handling issues.All the same what gives you the impression that all these appointed ministers are the wrong candidates.and why do you think that among all these ones ,prof.Dora is the only qualified person amongs them.well i think you know so little about politics and the pedigree of theses candidates.More so you can only speak like that for Prof.Dora because of her NAFDAC exploits.Why not give all of them the benefit of doubt to see who falls short of a grass-root standard peformance,
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Bundee(m): 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Prof Osotimehin has misappropriated over $ 2 Billion through out his tenure @ NACA, burnt documents 2 cover his tracks and alas! Our Sleeping, I mean creeping Commander-in-Chief deems it fit to appoint him a Minister of the Federal Republic.

After his tenure (the C-in-C), Nigerians will feel like we had been in a trance - No improvements to our lives, we've just been stationary.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Bundee(m): 1:24pm On Dec 19, 2008
Prof Osotimehin has misappropriated over $ 2 Billion through out his tenure @ NACA, burnt documents 2 cover his tracks and alas! Our Sleeping, I mean creeping Commander-in-Chief deems it fit to appoint him a Minister of the Federal Republic.

After his tenure (the C-in-C), Nigerians will feel like we had been in a trance - No improvements to our lives, we've just been stationary
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by micklplus(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
The list is a total ruse !!! I quite agree with most posts here but, are we just going to be complaining year in year out?? lot of peoples been complaining forever yet, they are not ready to do something that would bring about change !

What have u done as a person to want to change things or turn things around?
Do u even cast votes at all?? even though it might not count as a result of the power that be  How many of u believed in the young contenders for the presidency?? Did u try to give atleast ur moral encouragement/support to pat itomi? how did u view bros chris okotie that, hes a crazy punk aspiring for whats bigger than him?

Please, lets stop complaining !! we gat to do something from withing our capacity ! U think we dont have the power to change things? U've got to try,my people !

its doesnt have to be a viscious cycle ! U cud start the change for real.  its doesnt have to be government magic and really, it doesnt have to be soldier go soldier come.

Cheers
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by oluwdashmi(f): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2008
I don't see much good things in the list.

Even Dora that I have always been proud of, accepted an offer that shouldn't have been hers. I know she has a lot of abilities (she is a complete woman-man) but it would have been better to have her in the education or health sector where she will flush out all the cancaworms that have eaten the green leaves of the nation to the stem. I hope she will maintains her record.

My hope is to see how the new person in Dora's ex-position will act.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by segzy2010: 4:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
PDP is capable of anything, it took this PDP govt nine months to come up with this rubbish list full of tired and incompetent persons.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by geolabious(m): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2008
segzy2010:

PDP is capable of anything, it took this PDP govt nine months to come up with this rubbish list full of tired and incompetent persons.
[size=13pt]They are full of surprise[/size]
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Rhea(f): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2008
I wonder what took so long in coming up with this flipmode squad [b][/b]of a list grin cheesy
How can an upright no-nonsense personality like Akunyili be expected to head the Ministry of Propaganda?
Or the likes of Dieziani Allison-Madueke to head the moribund Ministry of Mines & Steel (supervising ghost coal miners ;D_

For those two, I think the government just set a trap for them. They had better watch out for that proverbial banana peel. I give them 6 months cheesy grin
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by maxsiollun: 1:10am On Dec 20, 2008
I cannot understand what Aondoakaa is still doing in the FEC. He has been a huge impediment to the war on corruption and is shielding corrupt Governors from prosecution.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Dede1(m): 5:22am On Dec 20, 2008
[/quote]

Quote from: Dede1 on December 18, 2008, 01:13 PM
When delusional freaks joined the politicking in Nigeria, I get hilarious. Dr. Sam Egwu is a reputed physician who has practiced medicine in institutions of renowned world standard. Please can someone explain the derogatory heap of the person of Dr. Sam Egwu? The vita curriculum of the education minister-appoint can not and would not pale in comparison to those who had held position before now.       

Read the following

Quote from debosky on December 18, 2008
So that was why I switched on to Channels and saw Sam Egwu at the Senate clearance.

He was being asked how he felt coming before the Senate of the National Assembly, bowing before the president of the Senate and asking to be cleared to be a minister of the Federal Republic.

An exaggerated summary of the discussion went like this. You were governor of Ebonyi State when Pius Anyim was president of the Senate of the National Assembly. The chair before which you have taken a bow is occupied by the president of the Senate, the country’s third most distinguished  personage.

That chair was occupied by one of your own, a distinguished senator from Ebonyi State. Anyim Pius Anyim suffered all forms of indignities in your hands.  You harassed him so much he discovered that his home which would have been a safe haven had become the hell he had to run away from.

Because of you, he did not ask to come back to the Senate because you ambushed him at home. Even in Abuja, you hounded him from pillar to post and may have influenced the destruction of his house by El Rufai, acting on orders from you-know-who.

Now, before our very eyes, you are bowing in front of a chair whose occupant you did not hesitate to destroy. Can you tell the distinguished members of this hallowed chamber why they should consider you as a fit and proper person to be endorsed to assume office of minister of the Federal Republic?

Sam Egwu may not have expected that type of frontal attack, but he was not to be outdone in countering with an explanation that would persuade the distinguished senators to forgive him his trespasses and save him from the embarrassment of rejection.

He may have heard of the story of a nominee for office of minister in the 80s who was asked to recite the second stanza of the national anthem and was so embarrassed he forgot which was the correct anthem, the one that says tribe and tongue may differ but in brotherhood we stand; or that which calls on all compatriots to arise and obey the call of Nigeria. He produced a smile that may not have emerged from his heart but was meant to put the lie to the claim that he ever had anything against Pius Anyim.

He said Anyim was his brother. That is not that they had the same father and mother or that they came from the same village or senatorial district. But that they were quite close. They shared the same dreams, being in the same party, the Peoples Democratic Party.

They attended the same church and even when there was some little misunderstanding, their mutual friends sat both of them down and they shook hands and shared kola nuts and palm wine.

You may have seen some drama in the way I have told you what happened at the Senate, and you may have identified some touch of humour and light-mindedness in the telling.

Which, to you, ought to have improved my appetite! But what followed was what killed my taste for food. Sam Egwu was telling the Senate of the National Assembly, the highest law-making body in the land, that there was what they called the Ebonyi formula which ensured that they won all the seats in Ebonyi State for the PDP.

He said he orchestrated the scheme. He said he handed electoral materials to the senators and left them to moderate the elections in their electoral districts so that they could choose who they wanted to win elections from those districts!

He said he did that for Pius Anyim as he did for other senators. If he had had any serious problems with Pius Anyim, he would not have handed the electoral materials for his senatorial district to him.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/23524/72/

I leave you to judge - this was on National Television
[quote]

With a word like Nigeria, it appears sense has lacked the common part of it. What has political disagreement between the Sam Egwu and Pius Anyim got to do ministry of education? I had to be assured that the goons at the Nigerian Senate are not insinuating that the office of the senate president is now the embodiment of Nigerian education. Any state governor can have political row or disagreement with the President of the Federal Republic of Nigerian talk less of a mere position of senate president.

This deliberate display of political immaturity by the members of the senate or its subcommittee as being highlighted by the previous post magnifies the mockery of democracy by Nigerians. Instead of posing questions on the ability of the education minister-appoint on how to improve education in Nigeria, the loonies were trying very hard to make their position in the senate relevant. I am completely flabbergasted that a budding Nigerian had the arduous impetus to post this crap on this board. Nigeria is really a geographical expression.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by sley4life(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2008
chei, this country is doomed, what is udenwa doing there? Could someone tell the presido or senate what mess this man did to imo, yar adua should should hide his face on shame
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2008
Fatigued politicians and techno rats

Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by PurestBoy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2008
I sometimes wonder what kind of education yaradull has got?
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by PurestBoy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2008
Imagine the line up, Just like the woeful super eagles of Nigeria.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by kenny0071(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2008
For one when you look at the list, it is obviously in favour of the North.
Secondly, when you look at the calibre of people nominated, it is either they are unknown, old recycled or wrong pegs in the
wrong holes.
Compared to the Lagos State government, even after over a year and a half, Nigerians do not have a clear idea about where the
country is headed to. The much touted and publicised 7 point agenda at the last count seems more than 7 points and very few
Nigerians have an accurate idea of what the core points are. Obama's CHANGE objective was clearly understood by many hence his
overwhelming success at the polls.
When Yar Adua showed up after the former President's failed third term agenda, he seemed the best out of "several terrible options".
Not a few found solace in his integrity ratings as Katsina state governor. Even with the issues that came out of the credibility of the elections
that put him in power, a lot of people felt he could be given a trial. Several others have seen however that aside the identification of
integrity there is also the need for productivity which seems lacking.

He started as it seemed to not a few to completely uproot every structure his predecessor put in place.
Ribadu humiliated, he seemed to do little about it. Professor Akunyili made a Minister for Information - it seems like an agenda
to remove her from NAFDAC as was done to Dr. Mrs. Okonjo Iweala. He rejected Soludo's revaluation policy and it seems there is still much to come.

Hundreds of Millions of Naira budgetted for ASO Rock maintenance, a car inflation issue in the National assembly- we expected that he would stamp down his foot and bring the matter to a logical conclusion, several millions of naira spent travelling the world-Was it the travelling of his predecessor that opened doors or the appointment of experts and professionals, the deregulation of key sectors and the empowerment of key departments that did the trick? Do we need to travel out to get investors when with attractive conditions like efficient power supply they can all come running here?
To a lot of people Yar Adua just looks like the story that a bad tree can not bring forth good fruit. In teh past 2 decades, a lot of fingers point to two institutions- The North and the military for Nigeria's myriad of problems.

I rest my case but what are your views?
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by izinbizi(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2008
Lets see how we can take Babatunde Fashola and AC to the top next time.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by kenway(m): 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2008
This president is a cock sucking retard i don't get his selection
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by deola007: 11:18pm On Dec 20, 2008

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic / CCTV Few Meters From The Emab Blast Scene Not Functioning / Amara Iwuayanwu Reinstated As Deputy Speaker Of Imo House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.