Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? (15238 Views)

Poll: With this list do you think theres any hope for Nigeria?

Yes: 27% (15 votes)
No: 36% (20 votes)
Maybe: 23% (13 votes)
Cant say: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / The Ministers Nigeria Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by hubreality(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2008
List of Ministers: Nigeria is Doomed. Just checking to confirm the portfolio of our great Dora and other ministers listed. I strongly voted "Yes" to With
This List Is there Hope for Nigeria. Why? The World has changed, including Nigeria. Can you see these changes; Justice seem to come. Restoration follows. We're getting wiser everyday. Many of they corrupted ones will find it difficult to operate in the same ways they did in the  past. See what happened in our time  "Obama." Relax, Nigeria is not doomed by that list. God pass every immaginations of men.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by FBS: 5:08pm On Dec 21, 2008
The previous poster made me say Yes because truly, God pass every imagination of man.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by CrudeOil2(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2008
Nigeria has been doomed since 1914.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by lynxnoon(m): 9:15pm On Dec 21, 2008
u guys r shouting yaradua yaradua, didnt dey pass tru d so-called senate
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 9:27pm On Dec 21, 2008
lynxnoon:

lynxnoon nice one,
we forgot that the senate "screened" them.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Dec 22, 2008
lynxnoon:

Very good point. Well, goes to show what the elected leaders have planned for the Nigerian people.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by ono(m): 4:52am On Dec 22, 2008
Someone said Prof. Osotimehin is better placed as Health minister of the Republic. I know very little or nothing about the man. Can someone come up with his profile? Just for my learing, please.

If he's better than Dora, then let him be there. No wahala.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 7:42am On Dec 22, 2008
ono:

Someone said Prof. Osotimehin is better placed as Health minister of the Republic. I know very little or nothing about the man. Can someone come up with his profile? Just for my learing, please.

If he's better than Dora, then let him be there. No wahala.

he was once accused of embezzling money for aids in million,
but u know naija,he came out clean.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Eziachi: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2008
aus123:

I am out 4 this discussion. I can c most u guys don't have fate 4 this entity called Nigeria.  God bless Nigeria and d leaders.

You want faith? Well I will give you faith for you marvelous country called Nigeria. One of the new annoited mnisters Rilwanu Lukman for instance had been minister of many things in the past even before your grandfather was born and he is still around the corridors of power and will only retire when six feet under in a wooden box.
If that is what you are ptting faith on, you as doomed as Nigeria.

Shettima Mustapha was vice presidential candidate to Nnamdi Azikiwe many years ago, and today, he is still being appointed to serve as a minister is a fast moving world, And you wonder if he can even send a fax message let alone using a computer and that is the kind of faith you are looking for, to move Nigeria forward? You are doomed like your country too.
Useless nation full of brainless people!!!!!
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by mojojojo(m): 1:29am On Dec 23, 2008
shamsuddeen did not get along with politicians in the senate
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by aruzuoke(m): 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2008
They should have appointed Mr Nonso Ezekaka Aruzuoke.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 5:27pm On Dec 23, 2008
[size=15pt]More doom for Nigeria as President completes cabinet reshuffle[/size]

Nigeria president completes cabinet reshuffle
Tue 23 Dec 2008, 13:52 GMT
[-] Text [+]
By Felix Onuah

ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's president on Tuesday swore in four more members to his cabinet, including the finance minister, completing his reshuffle of the power structure.

Many Nigerians hope President Umaru Yar'Adua -- whose lethargic governance has earned him the nickname "Baba Go-Slow" -- will now implement the widespread reforms he promised when he was elected 19 months ago.

Yar'Adua started the reshuffle in August by replacing his military chiefs, which some saw as a sign that he was throwing off the influence of his predecessor Olusegun Obasanjo.

"I have the confidence that the four of you will do your best to contribute to ensure that we work towards the accomplishment of our vision," Yar'Adua said after the ceremony.

The president appointed Mansur Muhtar of the African Development Bank as finance minister.

Analysts welcomed the choice, saying Muhtar was a well respected director general in the Debt Management Office under the Obasanjo administration.

"I think he's an excellent choice. He's got the technical knowledge and experience that's necessary for the job," said Obadiah Mailafia, head of Nigeria's Centre for Policy and Economic Research.

Muhtar was one of the key negotiators in obtaining Nigeria's debt agreement with the Paris Club of rich creditor nations in 2005, the first African nation to reach such a deal.

The new finance minister will face several challenges in his first few months, including passing the 2009 budget, stabilising the naira currency and minimising the economic fallout from falling global oil demand.

Muhtar replaces Shamsuddeen Usman, who was appointed head of the National Planning Commission last week.

NIGER DELTA

Yar'Adua picked Ufot Ekaette, former secretary to the federal government under Obasanjo, to head the newly created Niger Delta Ministry.

Ekaette, from southern Akwa Ibom state in the delta, will be responsible for improving security and development in the region, home to Africa's biggest oil and gas industry.

Attacks on oil industry facilities and kidnappings for ransom are frequent and have cut Nigeria's oil output by a fifth over the past three years, to around 2 million barrels per day.

Nigeria's most prominent militant group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, said it was "not impressed" by Yar'Adua's choice for minister.

"Ufot Ekaette did not bring about any significant change when he was secretary to the government of the federation and we doubt he can do any better now," the group's spokesman, who uses the pseudonym Jomo Gbomo, told Reuters in an e-mail.

MEND said it would not negotiate until the government releases Henry Okah, the group's suspected leader who is on trial for gun-running and treason in the central city of Jos.

Militant attacks have declined sharply since MEND declared a ceasefire in September.

Yar'Adua also swore in Rilwan Babalola as power minister and Achike Udenwa to head commerce and industry.

http://africa.reuters.com/top/news/usnJOE4BM0B4.html
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Muza(m): 3:39am On Dec 24, 2008
[size=18pt]DOOM!!![/size]

Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by kosovo(m): 3:44am On Dec 24, 2008
@lynxnoon
you are even more DUMB! than i thought.
did the senate appoint them?
after screening what happens next.?
get facts before first dude.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by sledge406: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2008
Yes there's HOPE or Nigeria when u place ur DEAD HOPES on Nigeria. U need to decide and take a BOLD STEP for yourself if u wanna be anything in this arena. Nigeria has nothing to offer but u can get what u need from them.

It was a wrong shuffling to place Dora Akunyili as the Information Minister as she could not be made Health Minister as she aint a DOCTOR (reserved positions for doctors) but as someone earlier said, she would have been made to HEAD the POLICE AFFAIRS and Okiro steppped down like he did Ribadu.

Sam Egwu is just an extra DEAD HOPE for the education sector as he was made minister in that field to compensate him when he couldn't be made People Decieve People National Chairman. This was one animal that was asked on National TV dat during his 8 years as gov'nor of Ebonyi State, what did he do, replied saying HE BROUGHT Mr. BIGGS CLOSER TO THE PEOPLE. Are the meals dere FREE Isn't Mr. Biggs a Franchise

As for the rest of dem including the FCT minister, I just hope they reserve land for me in a decent place so that I could BUY and feel FLY before dashing dem out freely to the so called men and women in the ministry as GIFTS.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by logica(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2008
i don't know y people r talking about the appointments as if they are mandatory. if you are nominated for an appointment that you don't feel you are suitable for, you simply turn it down. that, i believe is what dora (nafdac boss) should have done. but in naija, as long as u r made a leader of a ministry u r not meant 4, even ur family people will ask if u have gone mad 4 turning it down. they expect u 2 take it, so that u can feed fat.
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by aalani(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2008
If you ask me the worst disease that has ever plagued Nigeria, the answer is not far-fetched. The worst plague is "Yar adua government" I mean the most unfortunate thing that has ever happened to Nigeria all through history. From Yar'adua himself, his vice Goodluck, down to the members of his cabinet, tell me who is genuinely interested in the growth and future of Nigeria. They are all bundles of unsound minds!

Who is Chief Ojo Madueke? Who is Ufot Ekeatte? Who is Dr Sam Egwu? Tell me what these selfish Nigerians know that other Nigerians do not. They have all served in the failed OBJ administration. So, what new things do they intend to bring to the polity? Are they not satisfied with their loots? A serious revolution must terminate all these unfaithful rebels!

Yar'dua is half dead and has no vigor to shoulder the project called Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria a president would be sick and yet refuse to resign. The reminiscence of the eight-year OBJ wasteful administration is still fresh in our memories, and Yar'adua is adding insult to our injury. May God visit all of them with great wrath!

www.premiershipxray.com/forum
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by concrete: 12:08am On Dec 30, 2008
kai!!!

i hit the wrong button oh.

i meant that yes that nigeria is doomed

little hope for the nation
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2008
Andrew wan check out Nigeria wont survive
Nija pple its time for changeooooooooo
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by omahtek: 9:15am On Jan 08, 2009
when will  nigerians we ever stop complaning nothing is wrong with egwu nor any of the ministers and yaradua is still the best president will ever have shocked  late us support him instead of complaning i take the name of god beg unaooo sad tongue embarassed lipsrsealed the truth about nigeria and Africa as a whole is that corruption is in our blood even if jesus christ is a nigeria i tell u he may even be worse THAN[b] OBJ[/b][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by oludayo20(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2009
omahtek:

when will nigerians we ever stop complaning nothing is wrong with egwu nor any of the ministers and yaradua is still the best president will ever have shocked late us support him instead of complaning i take the name of god beg unaooo sad tongue embarassed lipsrsealed the truth about nigeria and Africa as a whole is that corruption is in our blood even if jesus christ is a nigeria i tell u he may even be worse THAN[b] OBJ[/b][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Idiot!
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by bodeemen(f): 5:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by tck2000(m): 1:01pm On Jun 16, 2019
Den of thieves
Re: List Of Ministers: Nigeria Is Doomed? by Diana78: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
At SomFound NG (A Somtochukwu Diana Foundation), we raise new generations of leaders who are particular about reviving the economy of the country through development of industries in communities.

To learn more about SomFound, visit www.somtochukwu.com.ng/about-me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyo State Govt Declares 7pm To 7am Curfew With Immediate Effect / Ibadan Brims With Prostitutes / Buhari Arrives In UK, Returns To Nigeria Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.