Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,069 members, 7,867,044 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

He Has Changed.. Almost Completely - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Has Changed.. Almost Completely (17612 Views)

How Has Fatherhood Changed You? / How This Picture Changed My Life For The Best / He Practically Changed After I Got Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by freecocoa(f): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Whatever rocks one's boat

I consider it deceit to keep quiet during courtship and start showing yourself after marriage... the period of courtship was wasted then.

Nothing like getting someone who has same values with you... Life is so beautiful kiss
You couldn't have said it better.kiss
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by UjSizzle(f): 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
freecocoa:
Even if OP is the one with all the faults, why did this man have to accept it all those years only to cry divorce now? People just like putting themselves in trouble sha, mschew.
My thoughts exactly. Very deceptive.

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
Lepetitechic:

How can you tell when a marriage is worthless?

I will tell you that any day I advertise myself as a marriage counselor.
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by mutter(f): 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
When you go to your neighbors house to steal goods, you don`t complain about the quality of the fruits.
When you buy a tree at a very expensive price and plant it in your garden, you go wild if the fruits turn out rotten.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
aanikky:

Are you married?

Are you proposing? undecided

4 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
freecocoa:
You couldn't have said it better.kiss

Thanks
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nonso23:

very.

Some people work towards 'Telemundo marriages' and get it wink

As you like it
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by crackhaus: 5:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
TV01:

The brother tried 0 jare - six years for one fish. Jacob sef only did 7 years for Rachel grin!

Many women nowadays come with a huge sense of entitlement, especially if lauded as fine, but often for no discernable reason cheesy! He obviously considers her a catch, so put up with her nonsense to seal the deal. Now she's "caught", and it's showtime, she needs to play the role grin! The better she plays it, the more fulfilling it will be. I think she can turn this around with a simple "attitude adjustment"

The best thing she could do for herself, them and their unborn child is to take a long hard look at herself and to get to grips with the situation as I've described.

His threats are just flexing, possibly compounded by her being a bit of a liability - pregnant, not working, all the stress to keep things going is squarely on him, and all she can do is parrot demands and expect him to wait on her hand and foot as she "suffers" through labour. Abeg, make like a hebrew woman and let us hear word.

TV

**I really should put something together - perhaps post in the "Boys night out" thread. If there's the demand maybe**
That's the thing about men who act too nice - not like being nice is a bad thing, but a time comes when one just has to look a woman in the face and tell her exactly what you don't like about her personality/character.

All that sentiment on how he has always known about my character and personality..., was just him playing nice and probably avoiding anything that may upset her - I'm pretty sure he was the kind of man she would refer to as real man, the kind who will be a yes man and never be blunt or criticize her (constructively and otherwise).
It can only last for so long.

What you want to put together is long overdue..

2 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nonso23:

There is no such thing as a 'telemundo' marriage. grin A blissful one, i agree but telemundo. Very unlikely.
Unless you mean outwardly telemundo neglecting the amount of work put into it in the background by the couple to get it to that phase.
But telemundo in all respects i.e start to finish??
Nah nah.

What is 'Telemundo marriage?' what is 'blissful marriage'

Like I said, as you like it.
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by freecocoa(f): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Thanks
You welcome.
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Odunharry(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2015
crackhaus:

Yet you're not laughing grin

Bro, e be like say you know this lady (saw your earlier comment)... how far na, her story complete? grin
una wan kill me with laff na wetin mak me call una clown jaree..

She will definitely show up and complete the story..I believe there are somethings she isnt telling
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
byvan:

Are you proposing? undecided
Not at all

1 Like

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by 100Cents: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ohwhy:
I just got married recently, not up to two months and its not anything like I imagined. We dated for almost 6yrs before we decided to tie the knot.The man I met and fell in love with was everything I ever wanted in a man. He was caring, selfless, a good listener, very understanding. The man i am now married to is nothing close to the man I dated. This one thinks of himself mostly, he calls me names, hurtful names, names that I find hard to forget even till today. I seem to be talking to myself whenever am talking to him. He raises his voice like he's talking to a kid. It shocks me because he knew my character and my personality before he asked me to marry him yet he did. And now he says these things like they just erupted suddenly. You can imagine your own husband keep mentioning divorce when we are barely 2mnths married. I am not a fan of divorce even if we haven't done our church wedding yet. I am pregnant which makes divorce out of the question for me. But this doesn't seem to bother my husband one bit, he seems to have thought everything out perfectly to his own benefit. Am not happy at all. I don't know how much of this I can take. I wanna do what is best for my baby. This sucks bigtime. What to do? Nairalanders pls help!

There are ladies who are in the habit of hurting men whom they date.

They insult the men, spite them, cheat on them to get back at them. One thing I always tell ladies is this. He might be after your beauty and be nice to you. But after the wedding, he will tell you that he is the head and cannot be controlled by you.

Op, for you to mention that he knew your character before marrying you shows that your character is repulsive to the sane mind but since he has been accommodating it while you guys were dating, you expect him to continue accommodating it after marriage.

Why not work on yourself ?

4 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by 100Cents: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
obicentlis:
Hmmmm. I fear marriage eh!

I checked your profile and your other thread which you tried to erase, you have been playing guys that came your way with "yes" to their request. Now, you became serious with this guy you married after confessing that you didn't love him as he did.
So many things are not adding or I conclude you caused your problem..

Look inward and know what you did or doing that is causing the disaffection btw u guys. Or I say you need a reorientation from your previous experience with other guys giving them a hardwork of making them love or win you.

Good advice.

1 Like

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by dBard: 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Reading the comments here, I'll reiterate what I've bin saying...
Only married peeps should comment/advice on marital threads like this bf peeps like by van n co cause unnecessary divorces in marriages.

@o.p...looked up ur oda thread,so may have an idea of the 'characters' ur talking about.
That aside, there's almost no one that gets into marriage without expecting some sort of miraculous transformation from their spouse, no matter how illogical it may be. Ur married now, make a conscious effort to drop the habits/characters..but make him understand ur still the same u.
more importantly, put ur foot down on his careless use of d word divorce. Some seeds are best not thrown on fertile ground lest they take root. He Needs To Stop That.

As a guy tho, I can understand the change he's going through,especially with the added blessing of the baby, tho he is handling it very wrongly.

The first year of marriage mite be as some has said here, but It Can also on d flip, be one of the best times u both can have.
It's simply a matter of choice.

2 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
aanikky:

Not at all

Ok
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
100Cents:

There are ladies who are in the habit of hurting men whom they date.

They insult the men, spite them, cheat on them to get back at them. One thing I always tell ladies is this. He might be after your beauty and be nice to you. But after the wedding, he will tell you that he is the head and cannot be controlled by you.

Op, for you to mention that he knew your character before marrying you shows that your character is repulsive to the sane mind but since he has been accommodavting it while you guys were dating, you expect him to continue accommodating it after marriage.

Why not work on yourself ?

So you're saying her husband is insane? wink Well if your whole write up is true, then you're probably right.

2 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by 100Cents: 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
Aprime:
He Has Changed.. Almost Completely.

He has stopped pretending... Almost completely.

I'm sorry. Am only interested in your title.

Gbam...
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
Nonso23:

One is built on sincerity, openness and honesty.
The other is based on mimicry of unrealistic standards to please the selfish desires of the other party.
I prefer the term blissful marriage though.

Ok then
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by An0nimus: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
bukatyne:

Whatever rocks one's boat

I consider it deceit to keep quiet during courtship and start showing yourself after marriage...the period of courtship was wasted then.

Nothing like getting someone who has same values with you... Life is so beautiful kiss
Pretty deceptive but these things happen.

Freecocoa your point is noted.

TV01 don't forget to post what you have planned on the Boys night out thread cool

1 Like

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
An0nimus:

Pretty deceptive but these things happen.

Freecocoa your point is noted.

TV01 don't forget to post what you have planned on the Boys night out thread cool

And terrible people support that angry
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by An0nimus: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
bukatyne:

And terrible people support that angry

People like? cheesy
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
TV01:

I disagree, I reckon he was aware of her immaturity & solipsism, he pandered to it as boyfriend/girlfriendage, but figured he'd tighten up when things were formalised. She would have seen his flaws as well, but as women typically do, "talked over them" grin.

Typically when men take on the burden of marriage, they are less accomodating of capricious behaviour. Moreso if he now has to focus to provide for their household. I see him as a bit immature as well, he just needs to spell things out and support her to get where she needs to be.

Let one wake up, the other shape up and then grow together.

TV
You misunderstand me, you just spoke my mind in your first paragraph. My point is, he was well aware of her ways but chose to not speak up against them and is only doing so now that he's bought her off. A move which might backfire, which is why I said he was not wise to do so.

I agree with the "grow up and shape up" line every bit, by the way, that sounded exactly like my wonderful father grin

1 Like

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
freecocoa:
No, it's not difficult to look at things from other's perspective but that doesn't mean agreeing with whatever they say, as being married, is not a license to wisdom.
You don't have to agree, but you certainly might want to explore their minds for even though experience doesn't always confer wisdom it does knowledge. Perhaps, they're sharing from the bounty of knowledge they possess due to experience which you aren't privy to.
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by bukatyne(f): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
An0nimus:

People like? cheesy

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by cococandy(f): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
If she had a nasty character and he went ahead to date her for six years and marry her,then he's 100percent to blame.

Old people say one doesn't learn to be left handed in old age. He must be very immature to think she will change in her old age.

For him to accommodate whatever it is they think her problem is for 6 good years,he gave her the unspoken reassurance that he was fine with it.
Now he's turning his back on the deal? That's deception. If he didn't know I wouldn't blame him. But he knew. Come on undecided

So in my opinion he's the one who changed.

Imagine dating an armed robber or woman beater or drug dealer for 6 years and as a woman you saw all the manifestation of his bad character in those six years then after 2 months of marriage you want to turn him into pastor adeboye? That's unrealistic and childish.
He made his bed. He better lie on it.

@OP whatever it is you do that is uncool,try help yourself adjust. Not just for this man but for your relationship with other people elsewhere. You never know what opportunity you could miss because of somethings you do that put people off.
Help yourself

6 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
TV01:

He did her a favour. Bore with the rubbish during courtship and wifed her. A few more relationships like that and she would have hit the wall - hard - and then had to go through the worse situation of struggling to find someone she liked who would even look at her - desperation.

Hitting the wall hard just cracked me right up. However, it's unlikely that she'd be hitting the wall had he not wifed her. You should see your bredrin back here swallow the most inane rubbish all in the name of romance and being modern, it's sickening I tell ya.

When you consider somebody like Cococandy who has massive solipsism, cognitive dissonance and comprehension deficiency having a suitor queue longer than the Suez Canal and getting married before 25, you begin to understand what I mean.

3 Likes

Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
crackhaus:

Apparently in her mind, this dude has to keep on putting up with her character and personality as he always did for six years.
Which is my grouse with the dude. He could have just called her out since year one or moved on if she didn't change. If this tactic works for him, he'd be lucky and among the few who'd have benefited from it.
Perhaps, he'd studied his subject very well or the fact of the almost decade-long courtship would make her maleable.
Re: He Has Changed.. Almost Completely by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
You all have spoken well. But I wanna say that if my personality was as bad as some people here termed it, I won't have bothered posting this topic. I was frm a poor background when he met me, I never covered this up like most grls would. Infact I showed him where I live the first day we saw each other. He called me humble. Even with my kind of background, I was never materialistic. He loved this about me. (He had the guts to refer to me as poor after we tied the knots)
My kind of person, am a shy person who can hardly look at a person's face for more than 10 seconds. Am not confrontational ( now he wishes I was as aggressive as his friend's wife) I get scared easily I find it hard to ask questions most times . I don't like outrageous kinda dressing, I like to keep it simple, he loved this about me (now he calls me a small girl). Am not rude, am not insultive as I was raised well by my parents. I knew him well and he knows me well. The years of courtship was never filled with pretense because we spent a lot of time together. There was no room for one to pretend.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland Online Reality Family Show - Season One / Grown-Up Kids Kick Their Father Out Of His House! / My Girl Is A Year Old Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.