Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (51945 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by onegig(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Chai..Trains that normally ply the back of my high school as far back as 15years ago with PAN motors stacked on the back enroute Kaduna is what is being recycled and people shouting as if this is indeed transformation.

What is the ratio of money spent on this existing rail line that just needed buying stones to fill failed portions, replacing some decrepit railings and bridges, clearing the bushes and trees along their path and painting their offices and buying one or two locomotives?

How is the quality of delivery of service?
How many new maintenace engineers have been employed and how many have been trained?
How many more years before this locomotives are replaced with more efficient and faster rail service? What is the blue print and what are their targets?
How is the ticketing process? What has gone into it to ensure revenue recieved is protected?

For all I know they are still issuing old tickets with outdated ticketing systems and we still clap for them.

It's like someone(FG) patching a side of an existing road and buying tokunbo cars with AC for transport and calling that an achievement. The rails have always been there. Nothing new was done. The NRC is still as archaic as it was in 1960 so nothing new. If this is the best achievement by this government, then we can as well time travel to the 1960s.

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Una never see anything grin

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PassingShot(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Redoil:
you are a disgrace to ur fellow APC cyber clown

Your parents FAILED to raise a responsible boy. Pathetic!
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Redoil: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
PassingShot:

Your parents FAILED to raise a responsible boy. Pathetic!
ok thanks. But that does not stop buhari from comtesting the sixth time and still fail again

17 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by IGBOSON1: 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:

^^^Are people diving in through the windows like we used to see them do with molues in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by callmenow: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
Did JONATHAN achieve this feat in just five years, as well as the renovation of my local airport? Something that OBJ and Umoru was unable to achieve? Where are the clueless NL's who are unable to see or hear like Chinese monkeys? May God destroy those who claim that JONATHAN has not achieved anything, ever. May they be blinded for eternity.

9 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by shizzle11(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
The GEJ adminstration touching the lives of Nigerians positively in every part of the country in every sector.

#TeamFreshAir cool

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by lohresloco: 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
fxskye:

If your expected answer is none......It means the man didn't steal let alone corrupt to become rich and God father.

He doesn't have does not mean he can't lead positively.

Unlike someone that said "Stealing is not corruption"
shey the idiot you are defending beat his chest and said abacha didn't steal money......... So what is your point

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by gists: 1:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
Osode:

Wow, you Hacks are not ashamed anymore 2 keep telling these same lies of your 'terror financier' 'qouta' cbn govnor.
Its no longer 49Bn..
Its no longer 28Bn..
Its no longer 10.8Bn..
Its no longer 20Bn..
Its now 'At least 10Bn' (which he finaly settled for) ...which u lot cant even wait for the International Auditors to discover/announce !!
And its obviouse to every one that if the auditors dont find anything then you lot will 'FORM PARALLEL GOVT+AUDIT REPORT'.
Any ways u lot can take this to the bank. That majority of nigerians that dont live. Sleep. 'Win elections' Only on nairaland are waiting to PUNISH YOU LOT SEVERLY AGAIN on febuary the 14th. For clearly believing that the rest of us are fools. Peace

Chai! Nigeria don suffer!
Why will this crap not come from a typical TANoid? Well I am not surprised when the president can open his mouth and say the amount nwbodo embezzled is not even enough to buy peugeot, thus not deserving a jail term. FYI, people are just being conservative with the figures to give gej and his thieving crew the benefit of the doubt. I could as well as said at least $5b. The amount is not the main point. The main point is that huge amount is missing and gej thinks the best thing to do is to sack the person that raised the alarm and retain those that could account for the money while giving Nigerians locomotive trains that takes more than 6hrs to travel between enugu and phc. Now, even if it is $5b, that is still more than the cost of modern train as someone had shared on nairaland before. If that money was not missing and used for this project, people won't be here asking how long it takes this locomotive to travel between phc and enugu - a distance of less than 250km. The OP left enugu at about 7am, 6 hours later (that is 1/4 of a day) he is still not in PHC. Even a molue would have made the journey long ago.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by tivta(m): 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
But he cancelled Lagos metro line project.
. My brother non of his supporters have any reason to offer. I too want to know why he did it. Yet fashola is trying to do the same with foreign participation via the chinese company, therefore it would be foolhardy for anyone to say buhari did it to prevent foreign participation and yet he paid more to cancel the project.

2 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PointB: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
But he cancelled Lagos metro line project.

Buhari does not like trains, he prefers camels! grin cheesy

9 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by manot: 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
is d first new coach u entered or dat old coach
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by tranxo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
They name each engine with the name of our founding fathers, this coach belongs to ..... Ahmadu Bello grin
Chai...see the spelling on the train. btw how long was the journey? also which food dem serve you abi d first class na for mouth?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by leo1234(m): 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Realdeals:
Nice! I just return from a trip by train from the north yesterday
Please from where to where?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Brahms(m): 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
brito:

Are you her bodyguard? Nice one
GEJ is working

Face front! undecided
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Kk4(m): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
Realdeals:

Lagos - Ilorin = 10-12hrs
Lagos - Minna = 22-24hrs
Lagos - Kaduna = 24-26hrs
Lagos - Kano = 33-36hrs
thanks.. Any idea on eastern parts!?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Elebiju: 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
We are already moving through Enugu town. ....
am I dreaming or the op is a fucking liar, what are Lagos coloured buses doing in Enugu?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
Akshow:

He didnt do for his home town alone but for all regions unlike ur bigoted president. Buhari is not only for Daura or Katsina. He is for Nigeria. Enough of the divide rule abeg.

Please did GEJ build all those train track or he added some granite to the already existing track and also bought those old/outdated trains.

Please don't insult me oh.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by gists: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
OP. please I don't want to believe you are not in PHC after over 6 hours since you left enugu.
Are you already in PHC or you are still on the journey?
Please let us know the time you got to PHC if you are already there.
Thanks for the updates.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Frankenstein: 1:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
gists:
OP. please I don't want to believe you are not in PHC after over 6 hours since you left enugu.
Are you already in PHC or you are still on the journey?
Please let us know the time you got to PHC if you are already there.
Thanks for the updates.
The train will get to PHC by 5pm.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Khodex: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
Really? Hmmm....
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by atlwireles: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
callmenow:
Did JONATHAN achieve this feat in just five years, as well as the renovation of my local airport? Something that OBJ and Umoru was unable to achieve? Where are the clueless NL's who are unable to see or hear like Chinese monkeys? May God destroy those who claim that JONATHAN has not achieved anything, ever. May they be blinded for eternity.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by snazzy5050(m): 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
Realdeals:

Lagos - Ilorin = 10-12hrs
Lagos - Minna = 22-24hrs
Lagos - Kaduna = 24-26hrs
Lagos - Kano = 33-36hrs
sleeping things oooo... grin

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Frankenstein: 2:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
What's your location ATM?

Will those people hang by the train till it gets to PHC? Wow.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Sheggy13(m): 2:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
papaejima1:

Can you sincerely point to one thing Buhari has achieved or done in Daura since 1985.

Note I didn't say Katsina, just Daura.
He was the Head of state of Nigeria, not Daura so u don't expect him to focus solely on Daura and ignore other parts of the country. Go across the country to ask for what he did. You should instead be praising him as a selfless person. Moreso, the people of Daura ain't complaining. So what's your stress?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
lafflaff123:
That ticket?the amount says 6 NAIRA 20 KOBO, is that the actual amount? or the ticket is from 1979?
Ask failbuhari! One of the idiots that brought Nigeria into this present mess. Ask failbuhari and big house(translate it in hausa)
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Xfemt(m): 2:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
In GMD voice "when am elected as the president of the nation I ll fight kwaruption, the question is how.
I ll revive the agricwature sector, another question how.
I ll make sure the insecurity is brought under control, how ll u do that.
Their ll be stabile pouer suppier, how u wan take do am.
I make sure oil price is regulted at OPEC, na this one fear me pass who u won take do am, still no answer yet
Chi all this lie u re lying there is god oh

Sai failburi

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Daddi: 3:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
Elebiju:
am I dreaming or the op is a fucking liar, what are Lagos coloured buses doing in Enugu?
to ur question enugu uses yellow coloured bus/taxi as lagos.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Segman22(m): 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
Thousands are dying and people are talking about train rides to validate this government!!
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by papaejima1: 3:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
Sheggy13:

He was the Head of state of Nigeria, not Daura so u don't expect him to focus solely on Daura and ignore other parts of the country. Go across the country to ask for what he did. You should instead be praising him as a selfless person. Moreso, the people of Daura ain't complaining. So what's your stress?
The people of Otuoke are not complaining, so what's your stress?

And for those of you with reading comprehension issues and low powers of inference, Buhari left power 1985. And I asked for you to point to one single thing he has done for his people since then except whine and talk about promotion of sharia nationwide and for FG to stop killing BH members.

Point to just one thing since 1985!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.