Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) (51939 Views)

Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride / My Train Ride From Makurdi, Benue State To Portharcourþ / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by gists: 6:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:

5.02pm
Than bro for the update. Though excessively long, I'm sure you enjoyed the expedition with all the iconic scenes.
Cheers
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by sancoolly: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
please, how can I get the ticket. I want to travel from Enugu to PH by next week through railway means. please just tell me where and when to purchase the ticket. thanks
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 6:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
onegig:

Chai..Trains that normally ply the back of my high school as far back as 15years ago with PAN motors stacked on the back enroute Kaduna is what is being recycled and people shouting as if this is indeed transformation.

What is the ratio of money spent on this existing rail line that just needed buying stones to fill failed portions, replacing some decrepit railings and bridges, clearing the bushes and trees along their path and painting their offices and buying one or two locomotives?

How is the quality of delivery of service?
How many new maintenace engineers have been employed and how many have been trained?
How many more years before this locomotives are replaced with more efficient and faster rail service? What is the blue print and what are their targets?
How is the ticketing process? What has gone into it to ensure revenue recieved is protected?

For all I know they are still issuing old tickets with outdated ticketing systems and we still clap for them.

It's like someone(FG) patching a side of an existing road and buying tokunbo cars with AC for transport and calling that an achievement. The rails have always been there. Nothing new was done. The NRC is still as archaic as it was in 1960 so nothing new. If this is the best achievement by this government, then we can as well time travel to the 1960s.
TRASH.

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
This boy is enjoying the himself on two chairs

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
At Ugbawka.

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Waving villagers

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by signz: 7:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:

It took me 10 hours! I am not happy.

The 10 hour journey was for fear of derailment. The company that rehabilitated the rails didnt do a good job and because of that the locomotive drivers were told to drive slowly.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
We passed and stopped at Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA. My hometown grin

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
The open rice fields of Nomeh Unateze

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 7:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
smartcet:

Please did GEJ build all those train track or he added some granite to the already existing track and also bought those old/outdated trains.

Please don't insult me oh.
All the track is brand new.
SEE OLD AND NEW TRACK BELLOW.

GEJ TILL 2019.

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
snazzy5050:

sleeping things oooo... grin
Nobody force you to enter train.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Frankenstein: 7:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
10 hours? Wow! That's too long. Locomotive trains should only be used to move goods and maybe tourists.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Daddi: 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
onegig:

Chai..Trains that normally ply the back of my high school as far back as 15years ago with PAN motors stacked on the back enroute Kaduna is what is being recycled and people shouting as if this is indeed transformation.

What is the ratio of money spent on this existing rail line that just needed buying stones to fill failed portions, replacing some decrepit railings and bridges, clearing the bushes and trees along their path and painting their offices and buying one or two locomotives?

How is the quality of delivery of service?
How many new maintenace engineers have been employed and how many have been trained?
How many more years before this locomotives are replaced with more efficient and faster rail service? What is the blue print and what are their targets?
How is the ticketing process? What has gone into it to ensure revenue recieved is protected?

For all I know they are still issuing old tickets with outdated ticketing systems and we still clap for them.

It's like someone(FG) patching a side of an existing road and buying tokunbo cars with AC for transport and calling that an achievement. The rails have always been there. Nothing new was done. The NRC is still as archaic as it was in 1960 so nothing new. If this is the best achievement by this government, then we can as well time travel to the 1960s.

for those criticizing the train services and work done there no work becomes smooth immediately, they get better with time and continuity.
E.g the telecom sector that need zero investment from the FG, obj revitalized was not easy, we can remember buying lines 40, 50k and making calls N50 even if its 2secs but gradually they're getting better. Does it mean our telecom service is the best in quality and cost after 13years? The answer's NO. But it shows hope and improvement in gradual process of continuity. Good try GEJ.
Have others being kicking off different sectors like these, with continuity we might've known what we'd achieved by now. You dont expect to have the same rail system u have in europe here overnight, its a gradual process though we may need to speed things up.
Lets criticize constructively not in bitterness, sentiments or to pull down. When someone do well lets learn how to say welldone. If we continue like this, its simple we destroy the country and the polithieftians 'll help us loot the ruins.
God bless Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Elbizzcklinz(m): 7:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Pls am really concerned to knw the train stations in ENUGU and PHC and hw many hours was d journey from Enugu to PHC?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by otokx(m): 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
I'd like to use this medium to thank spyder880 for his objectivity in narrating the experience.

Lets hope this service can be improved upon and sustained.

10 hours though is quite a long period for a one way trip.

4 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 7:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
A near tragedy at Afikpo road, a woman very nearly fell under the train.

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
otokx:
I'd like to use this medium to thank spyder880 for his objectivity in narrating the experience.

Story still plentiful, just wait as I have up to 50 more pictures of everything, including the reasons for the delay.
Afikpo road. ......

3 Likes

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Still at Afikpo road. ...

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
I got hungry and they showed me the cafeteria, no food...., just gala and biscuits with minerals

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Realdeals(m): 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
otokx:

10hrs! Choi there you go, my average journey time from Lagos to minna is 22hrs

Service can never improve on the narrow gauge track. A train cannot move at a speed of more than 80km/hr on the narrow gauge. That's why I did not see anything transformational in it. The same Those economy class coaches were bought by Abacha in 1997.
I'll rather blame Yar'Adua/GEJ for suspending the construction of the standard gauge that'll afford a train to move at the speed of 140km/hr. The project will have been completed by now if they didn't stall. Now see the same contract OBJ awarded at the cost of $8.3bn then is the same they now award at $12bn. Why waste money rehabilitating the old narrow gauge when the contract for the construction of the standard have start. My brother am angry oo

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by titoetal(m): 8:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
valboy20:

Mr man are you in Enugu to judge?

That's the color of Enugu commercial buses

I doubt if the guy know Lagos cos top soil at Enugu is different from that of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
There were some repairs at this stop.......

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
spyder880:
I bought this first class ticket for N1050.00, cash.

Pls wer is the train station in Enugu situate?
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
There was a good struggle to get on at Ovim,.....

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
AmberQueen:

Pls wer is the train station in Enugu situate?

Subway Ogui road

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
Moving on, people cheering

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
We reach Umuahia, they are building a shoprite mall there in the city.....

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
The streets of Umuahia. .....

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by PhockPhockMan: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
sancoolly:
please, how can I get the ticket. I want to travel from Enugu to PH by next week through railway means. please just tell me where and when to purchase the ticket. thanks
If you're coming from outside portharcourt main town, stop at station bus stop, then ask and trek inside the compound.
Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
The good people of Umuahia. .....

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
Why do they call it Umuahia Ibeku?

Re: My Train Ride From Enugu To Port Harcourt (Pictures) by spyder880(m): 9:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
Be a good Nigerian, dispose of wastes properly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.