Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,358 members, 7,822,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Regrets Of A First Class Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Regrets Of A First Class Student (38480 Views)

First Class Student Barred From Graduation For Refusal To Shave Beard / 10 Secret First Class Student Will Never Disclose To Anyone / Becoming A First Class Student, Some Regrets Of A First Class Degree Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2015
Moblord:
God bless you, You said it all

Thanks dear
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Lilchilz(m): 10:45am On Jan 12, 2015
john4reala:
shebi dem been tell una say fela na him sign
d'banj wey make stella obasanjo come go do
surgery now buhari don vex say him wan rule
9ja again,hin go do 2 campaign,1 for hin sef nd
de oda 1 na 4 NL
i told u earlier on dat u shld stp smokin iya salawa wet weed on monday morninq see wat's d weed has turn u into
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by finest0007(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2015
Nice stuff..I was a second class student of physics but left in my final year cos I had issues which made my GPA fall yakata..

Starting all over this month in electrical engineering which was & still is my first love.I have picked a thing or two from this post but tbh I ld rather be a nerd & get a first class which Im capable of getting than end up with another 2-2.

While academic prowess may not guarantee one a successful life,in Nigeria it definitely helps to have a good record..
Good morning nlanders

4 Likes

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2015
finest0007:
Nice stuff..I was a second class student of physics but left in my final year cos I had issues which made my GPA fall yakata..

Starting all over this month in electrical engineering which was & still is my first love.I have picked a thing or two from this post but tbh I ld rather be a nerd & get a first class which Im capable of getting than end up with another 2-2.

While academic prowess may not guarantee one a successful life,in Nigeria it definitely helps to have a good record..
Good morning nlanders

but bross, you realy try o. Stepping down to level one because yoyu dont want graduate with 2.2? You for wait finish the physics, then write jamb again and apply for the EE.
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by disneyjdkeyz(m): 10:51am On Jan 12, 2015
First class lala

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by patkoton(f): 10:52am On Jan 12, 2015
I like motivators like dis. A nice quote.

2 Likes

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 12, 2015
hrm93:
First class indeed! The word is "round off". *Modified* I nurtured modest intentions when I corrected that. Apologies for the sarcasm.

its OK sir. Mistakes are inevitable moreover , its a long post.

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nasri100(m): 10:55am On Jan 12, 2015
finest0007:

Good morning nlanders

WTF. You mean you dropped to 100 level because of a 2:2 in Physics? are you for real? why didn't you venture into masters to boost your CV? How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by IKJ66(m): 10:57am On Jan 12, 2015
ℓ̊ came...ℓ̊ read...ℓ̊ left
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by finest0007(m): 11:00am On Jan 12, 2015
papiforreal:

but bross, you realy try o. Stepping down to level one because yoyu dont want graduate with 2.2? You for wait finish the physics, then write jamb again and apply for the EE.

3 levels actually..One thing,I was going to spend one extra year for sure..I guess I got in too early (15) and couple of problem I had affected..

2-2 in physics isn't what I deserved.Took jamb in final year of physics
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by vascey(m): 11:03am On Jan 12, 2015
Do not regret. it's for losers.
There us a time and place for everything under sun, a time to till and a time to harvest.
Stay focused and move on to the next level.
When you are in the place to add value and show love, then its time has come.
Right now, FOCUS!
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 12, 2015
Everybody has regret...Even the ones that were not serious with their studies wish they were.

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by factorial1(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2015
irishCream:

What's always special about this fp sef?

I read this piece from trending topics since...ok let me give u tips

If u want to make fp always go to trending and new topics...but what's the essence booking space when you don't have anything to contribute to the topic
For your info ma... I didn't book space rather I only wrote the next phase of action on the thread. OK?
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by factorial1(m): 11:05am On Jan 12, 2015
IKJ66:
ℓ̊ came...ℓ̊ read...ℓ̊ left
Is that your 2015 watchword?
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by finest0007(m): 11:11am On Jan 12, 2015
Nasri100:

WTF. You mean you dropped to 100 level because of a 2:2 in Physics? are you for real? why didn't you venture into masters to boost your CV? How old are you?

Im 20.Well I didn't like the idea of doing masters in what I don't understand.Even in undergraduate physics,most of us were just cramming & couldn't relate to what we wrote.Starting university at 20 while people I got in with are going for service by may isn't exactly easy but man gats make some sacrifice sometimes

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 12, 2015
PStacks:

Lovely mehn!

That's why u're a 1st class product.

Very articulate. Very concise.

Very polished. Very comported!

Cool calm composed and collected.

Good oratory skills.

U're one in a million. Wish u all d best my man..

As I c u, d sky is only a starting point for you.

You sure are going places..

Keep your head calm. Remain focused.

Boom. U're there.

Real Badt guy.

Dude got me tripping mehn!

What more can i say ,I am just humbled by your words , I am very grateful. Words like this come once in a while and when they do, they ignite this fire in me; the zeal to accomplish greater things. I wish you the same Sir. Like they say, " like minds attract"

2 Likes

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by venivedivici(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2015
Akdegreat:
Just as a sick man in his dying bed has a heavy heart laden with lots of grief and regrets of things unaccomplished, I sat there in the fields that warm evening starring at the faculty building with mixed feelings of achievement and regrets.
I had lived the life of a perfect student. I had great passion for studying and some sort of insatiable desire for knowledge. I excelled in every of my examinations and this feat spurred up the feeling of invincibility in my subconscious mind.
I wasn't a popular fellow but I believe that mentioning my name portrayed the picture of a focused student with outstanding academic abilities in the mind of the few that knew me. Those few years, I always pictured a beautiful future with me in it doing great things.
However, I began to realize the big gap between me and the rest of the world. The wall I built between me and my friends as a freshman. Gradually, I knew names of authors and textbooks and yet hardly remembered the names of friends. It dawned on me that in few months, I would not be seeing some of my friends anymore, probably forever. I would miss them for life. Their smiles, discussions and company would be memories.
Though its a wonderful thing that as I round up my undergraduate studies, I have an academic record to be proud of, I had some regrets and some feelings that haunt me. I couldnt help it. Its the price I paid.

Some days I wish there were 30 hours in a day.
I knew how to manage my time but my schedule favored my books more.
Some folks would say "you can't have your cake and eat it." Well I believe I can afford yet another 'cake' God willing.
I wish I spent more time listening to my friends when they cared to speak.
I wish I was more flexible.
I wish I spent more time with the people I loved.
I wish I spent more time to discuss with my professors.
I wish I reciprocated the attention I received from my colleagues.
I wish I took the time to reach out to my junior colleagues with words of advice and encouragement.
I wish I created the time to reach out to my professors and seniors for advice, coaching and mentorship.
I wish I spent more time building my network of contacts and associates.
I wish I had the time to tutor my mates that failed their courses or had a hard time passing them.
I wish I gave out my heart to love and be loved in return.
I wish I took the time to observe my changing world.
Nevertheless, as I sat there, I was consoled of the fact that I still had few more months left and I swore to make a difference within that little space of time. I wouldnt have felt any better.
To my fellow scholars and graduates, who by hard work and devotion have come out of university with a First, I say congratulations on your well deserved feat.
To intending university students and undergraduates, you have endless possibilities, you posses the power to achieve your dreams if only you'll believe in yourself. There are sacrifices which you must be willing to make. Though I regret some of mine, that is the price for success, you would agree with me its not much of a bad regret. Nothing goes for nothing.
What people say doesn't really matter. Other students often speak badly about certain lecturers and courses. Its their way of justifying their failure. You hear phrases like "he is a wicked lecturer", "nobody makes an 'A' in that course". Never let those words bother you. I tell you what? Listen to them and take note of it to work harder. I performed better in the toughest courses.
Never underestimate your potentials for the difference between you and the best guy in class is the time he devotes for study. Well natural intelligence is a factor too. By mentioning study, I don't mean blindly memorizing just to pass your tests. Go out and develop this passion for your discipline that would drive you to study with genuine interest in the subject.
In your spare time, talk to your lecturers and professors about your favorite topic and your career. Read outside your course content, sometimes outside your discipline to be enlightened.
Never forget to strike a balance between your academics and your social life; you'll need it in the real world.
Be good to everybody you meet, show them love and respect. Talk to someone, live the moment, have fun and feel the world around you.
Find every reason to be happy after all life is too short.

- Akdegreat

And the moral of the epistle is. . .

Like you would want to have a lesser grade in exchange for the camaraderie and flexing and shít. Everything comes with a price man.

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by venivedivici(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2015
finest0007:

Good morning nlanders

@the emboldened: WORD.

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Ezegozie(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2015
Akdegreat:

Yea nice one from you.
I hang out sometimes and grab some drinks with my pals but the intimacy ain't there.
I still wonder how I manage to maintain a CGP of over 4.5 cos I sleep a lot and barely cover my course work.
I loosened up a bit and enjoyed myself later anyway. Undergraduate days are one of my best moments.

so what are you actually regretting?
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Austin234(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2015
dat sound poetic but real. May God help u
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 12, 2015
Addicts like me watching from behind.. Dude keep up! u never know what u have become other than that you are not

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2015
SMREXY:
That's the fact bro! In my own case... I had the chance to help some of my folks (both level mates and juniors) but not to the extent I always wish to. It's just like the time is different from the normal 24hrs... It got to the extent I was tagged with 'all about books'

Well done bro, you'll be remembered for that. By the way , there's never enough time

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 12, 2015
Austin234:
dat sound poetic but real. May God help u

Thank you Sir
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ezegozie:

so what are you actually regretting?

That was in the past anyway, just as the post says. smileyThough sometimes the feelings haunt me.
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Karleb(m): 12:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
OK! I don't gerrit people, is someone saying the only way to graduate with good grades is to say bye bye to social life? undecided

@Op, start living your life without regret and you'll live longer than your forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Oyetboy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
finest0007:

Im 20.Well I didn't like the idea of doing masters in what I don't understand.Even in undergraduate physics,most of us were just cramming & couldn't relate to what we wrote.Starting university at 20 while people I got in with are going for service by may isn't exactly easy but man gats make some sacrifice sometimes
i guess it's a private university?
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by finest0007(m): 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
Oyetboy:
i guess it's a private university?

UNIBEN
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by IKJ66(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
factorial1:
Is that your 2015 watchword?
HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡

Does

That

Affect

u̶̲̥̅̊

?
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by factorial1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
undecided
IKJ66:

HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡

Does

That

Affect

u̶̲̥̅̊

?
I wonder o... undecided
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by kccarew(f): 12:59pm On Jan 12, 2015
Congrats on your achievements
Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by SMREXY(m): 1:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
Akdegreat:

Well done bro, you'll be remembered for that. By the way , there's never enough time
Thanks bro! The time is never enough... Just that we all need to learn to use the best out of the available one we have.
Wishing you the best in life!

1 Like

Re: Regrets Of A First Class Student by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
scribble:
I have not seen my certificate since i left school

poised to do #30 m revenue this year with a business i found on twitter

School is not for how to make money but u can learn how to be a leader in school

having leading grades in school will not make you a leader in the real world

maybe if i was broke sha I would be mad at the government to like most of the children of anger we have nowadays

I understand your point. I think not everybody has the flair for acquiring and impacting knowledge. As a matter of fact, am happy for you . Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well. I strive to be the best I can be in what I love to do. I believe there is success in doing so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB 2016 Should Not Be Scrapped Or Remarked - See Why! / List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / FUTA Quoted Bible Verse In Exam Question (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.