Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? (26740 Views)

Military Officer Kneels Down To Propose To His Fiancee At Shoprite (Video, Pics) / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy / My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by bunmioguns(m): 7:03am On Jan 13, 2015
I want to ask if it is wrong for your fiancee's parents to ask how much you earn as salary per month

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by chibwike(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2015
yes

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by kisibo: 7:07am On Jan 13, 2015
None of their biz

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 13, 2015
very wrong....

the highest dey can do is asked..if he has a job..
simple!!!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 13, 2015
Very very very wrong. Why must the even asked me? Na them put me for that job. The dare not

17 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 7:11am On Jan 13, 2015
I jst wonder how their face would look like if you tell them you earn 20k par month cheesy

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by kilokeys(m): 7:11am On Jan 13, 2015
thats a rhetorical question.. intended to mock you

if they liked you.. they would only ask what you do for a living and how many years you've been working. ( a normal parent could deduce ur average take home pay with that info)

my brother if dem ask u that question... be prepared for more.. u are finished.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 7:13am On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
very wrong....

the highest dey can do is asked..if he has a job..
simple!!!
But wht if they ask, would you disclose the figure to them??
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 13, 2015
crazysaint:
Very very very wrong. Why must the even asked me? Na them put me for that job. The dare not
fact
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Dekonjay(f): 7:17am On Jan 13, 2015
IMO anybody can ask whatever question they like. If/How you choose to answer is what counts.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Kingsasian(m): 7:19am On Jan 13, 2015
Its totally wrong. If they should ask I will give them a wrong answer

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by benuejosh: 7:28am On Jan 13, 2015
then wan know wether the bride price go be motor or house

12 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 13, 2015
They want to know if you're capable of taking care of their daughter. . So that she doesn't come begging for food stuffs tomorrow after being married to you. .. tongue tongue tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by dmjinc(m): 7:34am On Jan 13, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 13, 2015
Its wrong. Its something they are to discover for themselves underground judging from what sort of job you do. They asking you will begin to sow some dangerous seeds of resentment between you and them also between you and your fiancee. No wonder some people change after marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by eph12(m): 7:50am On Jan 13, 2015
What's wrong with the question? Assuming its your daughter won't you be interested in if the guy your daughter brings home can take care of her?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
But wht if they ask, would you disclose the figure to them??
what on earth would make dem too??abi na dat salary i go de receive for ever??...

its either i inflate the figure...or never let dem know at all....

but let ur woman know dat u inflate the figure...so she can act up with u too
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 7:54am On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
what on earth would make dem too??abi na dat salary i go de receive for ever??...

its either i inflate the figure...or never let dem know at all....

but let ur woman know dat u inflate the figure...so she can act up with u too
Correct!

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by ifyalways(f): 7:57am On Jan 13, 2015
Doesn't sound right.

I Won't entertain such a question from a prospective in-law.

Mscheww

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jnrbayano(m): 7:59am On Jan 13, 2015
It's not wrong.

What would be wrong is if I remain interested in the marriage as they keep asking those kind of questions.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 8:05am On Jan 13, 2015
jnrbayano:
smiley
Is that ^ wht you would do?? Jst smile at them?? Lol!

Abi na space u jst book?? wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 8:06am On Jan 13, 2015
jnrbayano:
It's not wrong.

What would be wrong is if I remain interested in the marriage as they keep asking those kind of questions.
I tot as much grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by jnrbayano(m): 8:08am On Jan 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
right. Now, let me ask u this. How will you react to such question if asked by the parents of your fiance?

Very relaxed.

I will reassure them they have got no problems. I will tell them where I work and the position I occupy.

I will remind them that should God be on our side, we will be comfortable.

However, if they press down on the exact figure, I will plead on them to allow me go get my payslip to show them because it is natural I will have the propensity not to tell it as it is on my payslip.

Do you still wanna ask what I will do if I leave there?

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by freecocoa(f): 8:09am On Jan 13, 2015
What is wrong with people for crying out loud?

My answer would be "with all due respect, that's none of your business"

What rubbish.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jan 13, 2015
It depends . . . cheesy
If you said you are a bank cashier, you dont come from a rich family but you drive 3 Range Rover sports and drink Moet like water, then I will ask you o!
So you dont get us all in trouble with EFCC grin

On a serious note, in an ideal situation, you shouldnt ask such a direct and specific question .. its rude
I will however have a general idea of the salary/job/qualifications of the man/lady that wants to marry my son/daughter. Its common sense.

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
I jst wonder how their face would look like if you tell them you earn 20k par month cheesy
It's for their daughters own good.
Who want his/her daughter to suffer? smiley
Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by woky: 8:20am On Jan 13, 2015
VickyyB:

It's for their daughters own good.
Who want his/her daughter to suffer? smiley
Chai! So man wey dy earn 20k no fit get wify be dat??

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 13, 2015
How you compose yourself would determine whether they are going to ask such question.
Maybe their daughter had to them that you're still struggling to make end meet.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 13, 2015
woky:
Chai! So man wey dy earn 20k no fit get wify be dat??
It depends on the kind of family he wants to marry their daughter.
If you earn 20k, you can't expect a man that earns more than the amount to be happy giving you his daughter.
More like handing his daughter to a pauper(from grace to grass)

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 13, 2015
freecocoa:
What is wrong with people for crying out loud?

My answer would be "with all due respect, that's none of your business"

What rubbish.

Buhahaha.

You are corn o..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by lilmax(m): 8:34am On Jan 13, 2015
Doesnt make sense to me,its better to know if the man is financially stable than asking how much he earns

Question should be can you take care of our daughter?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? by holatin(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2015
not wrong but shey dem ask from d father Inlaw when he was getting married to your fiancee mum.
dmh

dat question is only necessary if he/she want to help you find a better payable job.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.