Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,647 members, 7,813,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? (28731 Views)

My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akranez:

Blame it on the alcohol..
Cheaters be like......
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by ochon: 12:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

5minsmadness makes no reference to other misdeeds in his op so he definitely is referring to cheating (which is what his post is all about). Whether future tense or past tense is irrelevant to it, cheating is not a mistake.

If he's "definitely" referring to sleeping with another woman/man other than one's GF/BF/spouse, then I disagree with him.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by ochon: 12:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao...

Unfortunately this is what most are inferring, from where I know not...to the point that an argument spanning pages was built around it, Lol...

LOl. If you hadn't point it out, I would never have mentioned it because I see it from thread to thread. It's tiring.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 12:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
ochon:

If he's "definitely" referring to sleeping with another woman/man other than one's GF/BF/spouse, then I disagree with him.
I am not.
I don't know how to explain it again.
I give up.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
ochon:

LOl. If you hadn't point it out, I would never have mentioned it because I see it from thread to thread. It's tiring.
I don't know what to say again honestly.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by pickabeau1: 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
So can you answer the original question rather than perambulating

Do you believe once a cheat; always a cheat

simple

LordReed:

5minsmadness makes no reference to other misdeeds in his op so he definitely is referring to cheating (which is what his post is all about). Whether future tense or past tense is irrelevant to it, cheating is not a mistake.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

I am not.
I don't know how to explain it again.
I give up.

Wait, you don't know how to say that the mistake you wrote in your op was not referring to cheating or what are you saying?

BTW still waiting for your answer for my previous question.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:
So can you answer the original question rather than perambulating

Do you believe once a cheat; always a cheat

simple

I don't want to answer the question so get the mods to ban me. tongue grin
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by pickabeau1: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

I don't want to answer the question so get the mods to ban me. tongue grin

Its a very simple question and will take less effort than your brighter grammar binge wink
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
pickabeau1:

Its a very simple question and will take less effort than your brighter grammar binge wink

I love binging on brighter grammar, it keeps the juices flowing and exercises the grey matter. grin

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by pickabeau1: 1:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

I love binging on brighter grammar, it keeps the juices flowing and exercises the grey matter. grin

OK..carry on
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by 5minsmadness: 1:27pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

Wait, you don't know how to say that the mistake you wrote in your op was not referring to cheating or what are you saying?

Barry Gilmore writes: I made a lot of mistakes while following the group on tour. I drank, did drugs and partied hard. I cheated on maddie(his wife) on a regular basis. Its a wonder I didn't give her some sort of disease, some of those parties were really wild

This is an example of mistake being used as a noun. This is what I meant. I know English is hard for some of us but we all learn everyday. I will speak no more on this matter.

What question did i not answer?
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by tlops(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

Calm down sister. I'm not saying I cheated on anyone.

Corrected.
Although you may feel that way and you are entirely right to do so, it is definitely not as bad as killing someone else cheating would have been punishable by death. This is not theory but fact.

Try that in an Arab Nation and you will know how wrong you were.

The truth is that people have varying emotional stamina, cheating/ betrayal of trust can lead to death of the victim eithet directly or indirectly.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by thelastmediator: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
Cheat by mistake? Sex by mistake? Statements like these encourages shameful act/habit. More like running away from responsibility.

@OP, I believe change is a constant thing. It depends on the person though.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by crackhaus: 1:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
LordReed:

It's what he was trying to say you should focus on.

crackhaus:

Usually, the correct answer is most likely the simplest one - path of least resistance.
While the act of cheating itself may not be a mistake, the feeling of regret as in sadness, repentance, or disappointment that overcomes a cheater is what classifies the act as a mistake in his/her mind - like I said, path of least resistance.

This basically means that a man/woman had a lapse in his/her judgement and subsequently cheated.
This lapse in judgement when looked at in retrospect (by someone who is genuinely regretful) makes room for that incident to be seen as a mistake on his/her part, not the actual act of having sex.

It is now left for a person who was cheated on to take the next step.
Some won't forgive, some say they will forgive but still end the relationship, while there are those who are willing to give change a chance by staying put - this does not make them stvpid.
It's just relative individualism.

The OP is focusing on the last set of people, which can be any/everyone as we are all capable of change and accepting change - the question thus:
Is it not possible that a cheater can change, so why the notion that a cheat will always remain a cheat?

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by freecocoa(f): 1:39pm On Jan 16, 2015
gimmesome:
.......glad u finally agreed
I never said it was a mistake, learn to read and comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
crackhaus:

It's what he was trying to say you should focus on.

This basically means that a man/woman had a lapse in his/her judgement and subsequently cheated.
This lapse in judgement when looked at in retrospect (by someone who is genuinely regretful) makes room for that incident to be seen as a mistake on his/her part, not the actual act of having sex.

It is now left for a person who was cheated on to take the next step.
Some won't forgive, some say they will forgive but still end the relationship, while there are those who are willing to give change a chance by staying put - this does not make them stvpid.
It's just relative individualism.

The OP is focusing on the last set of people, which can be any/everyone as we are all capable of change and accepting change - the question thus:
Is it not possible that a cheater can change, so why the notion that a cheat will always remain a cheat?

My grouse is not what the 5minsmadness is trying to say in the OP but what he subsequently said in defending cheating as a mistake. He quite correctly says that cheating is wrong and correctly again says someone who has cheated should not be condemned if they are willing to change but in no way is "justifying" cheating as a mistake correct. He proceeded to further his position with dictionary definitions and nitpicking between mistake as noun and verb. He has sustained the debate so we have not put words into his mouth.

1 Like

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 2:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
5minsmadness:

This is an example of mistake being used as a noun. This is what I meant. I know English is hard for some of us but we all learn everyday. I will speak no more on this matter.

What question did i not answer?

The debate is not on the manner in which mistake was used whether as noun or verb but the meaning which is why this needs to be answered:

LordReed:

Okay since it is now nitpicking noun vs verb let's look a little more closely at the noun definition of mistake:

mistake
noun
: something that is not correct : a wrong
action, statement, or judgment
Full Definition
: a wrong judgment : misunderstanding
: a wrong action or statement proceeding
from faulty judgment, inadequate
knowledge, or inattention

A mistake we see proceeds from faulty judgment, misunderstanding, inadequate knowledge or inattention. Please which of these applies to the cheat?
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Crisse: 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yes,a cheat will alwaz be a cheat because its lyk a sweet fruit u taste nd dnt wish to leave
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by juwoonn(m): 3:11pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Do you want to take that gamble?

Personally, I'd rather not. A man/woman stands before his maker and swears allegiance to something and he/she falters. I will forgive yes but give that person a chance to do it again? Not happening.

Look at the case of that woman, she could have left and have sickness free life with herself but she chose to believe a man who had already showed how much his promises meant.
Nobody is a saint ma! So you think you have never sinned before? Yet, you want God to keep forgiving you when you sin. What if God says he has forgiven you but he will not accept you into his kingdom. He is God of a second chance and he says we should be like him. I have never been unfaithful to my wife before, but that doesn't make me a saint.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by MadCow1: 3:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mynd44:

Do you get punished even when you show remorse? Is punishment supposed to be an act of wickedness or as a way of making you know what you did was wrong and would not be accepted by society?

Yes! But sometimes remorse does reduce the punishment for a crime. Example, A man who pleads guilty to murder rarely gets the death penalty.

Punishment is not an act of wickedness but rather retribution.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by kandiikane(m): 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
Once a cheater, always a cheater? I say yes.
I disagree. smiley
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
kandiikane:

I disagree. smiley

That's ok, K. I just don't see it.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by dhappyking(m): 5:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
If you ask me, who will I ask? Knowing that some one cheated on you, even once, is bad enough. Staying wondering if the person will do it again. Praying and hoping it does not occur again is pure toture. The choice is yours, anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by maryhaam(f): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
People wif trust issues like me,dont believe cheaters change thou....m
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by benefitzte: 9:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
From experience a cheat would always be a cheat. What next? Sit down and advice yourself. It's hard but you have to decide, even if your forgiveness comes easy. Have a better plan before you die of HIV or contact other diseases.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by wolverineNI(m): 7:56am On Jan 17, 2015
It annoys me when I hear this phrase " mistakenly cheated", genitals are not banana peels ,people don't trip on it and mistakenly fall on another's. I don't know if cheaters ever change but they are better off left in their lane , it is safer that way.
true story till they learn how to park well in balogun market
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by sylve11: 9:13am On Feb 24, 2020
Mynd44:

What if I kill your child willingly and then realize my mistake. Does that count?

grin shocked cool
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by sylve11: 9:25am On Feb 24, 2020
Mynd44:

You took of at least 3 pieces of clothing and you still have the nerve to call it a mistake?

grin grin grin cool
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by sylve11: 9:58am On Feb 24, 2020
Mynd44:

Once twice or three times. I will not be a lab rat to prove that the cheat will change.

If you cheat, change and be a better person to your NEXT partner. Consider it my donation to you becoming a better human being

Just too funny grin grin grin cool
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by LordReed(m): 10:15am On Feb 24, 2020
5minsmadness, crackhaus,
pickabeau1
I have thought about this some more and though this is coming late, I still wish say I now understand what you meant in saying a person could make a mistake in cheating.

Also I thought I had made this admission earlier but I can't find the post here.
Re: Will A Cheat Always Be A Cheat? by sylve11: 10:29am On Feb 24, 2020

To me it really does not matter what theories you all propound here.

Personally if you cheat on me and I find out, 1000 Pastors or 10,000,000 children

or fathers or mothers or kings or village heads cannot stop me from sending you away forever.

And forever is even too short. As a matter of fact ''cursed be the ground for thy sake......''.

Not even the law of the land can make me take you back. I would gladly go to jail.

Ahhh! sad cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Italian Man Walks The Equivalent Of Abuja To Kano Distance To Get Away From Wife / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.